HFBoards

Go Back   HFBoards > NHL Eastern Conference > Atlantic Division > Montreal Canadiens
Mobile Hockey's Future Become a Sponsor Site Rules Support Forum vBookie Page 2
Notices

Canadiens sign Jacob de la Rose to 3-year contract (coming over for 2014-15 season)

Reply
 
Thread Tools
Old
04-14-2014, 06:11 PM
  #76
Fire Everyone
Especially you
 
Fire Everyone's Avatar
 
Join Date: May 2006
Country: Canada
Posts: 5,934
vCash: 50
Quote:
Originally Posted by JLP View Post
Dunno what are the exemptions, DLR turns 19 next month how can he play in the AHL next season?
The rule is that players drafted out of the CHL who have played less than four years in the CHL and are younger than 20 can not play in the AHL.

The rule doesn't apply to DLR because he was drafted from his Swedish team.

Fire Everyone is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
04-14-2014, 06:12 PM
  #77
Bloumeister
Weakileaks source
 
Bloumeister's Avatar
 
Join Date: Apr 2010
Location: in exile
Posts: 9,265
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by dackelljuneaubulis02 View Post
this might be your masterpiece
Err, what?

Thanks... but methinks you're probably too big a fan of DLR, DLR or VH

Bloumeister is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
04-14-2014, 07:20 PM
  #78
JLP
Refugee
 
JLP's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2005
Posts: 10,126
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by overlords View Post
Because that rule is only for CHL players of a certain kind.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Railman View Post
The rule is that players drafted out of the CHL who have played less than four years in the CHL and are younger than 20 can not play in the AHL.

The rule doesn't apply to DLR because he was drafted from his Swedish team.
Okay thanks for clearing that up for me. Glad we may have a big prospect on the Dogs next year!

JLP is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
04-14-2014, 07:21 PM
  #79
EveryDay
Registered User
 
Join Date: Jun 2009
Country: Canada
Posts: 7,894
vCash: 500
Some very good forward prospects are coming in MTL in the next 2-3 years...

DLR
McCarron
Hudon
Crisp
Andrighetto

EveryDay is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
04-14-2014, 07:36 PM
  #80
GoHabsGo312711*
 
Join Date: Dec 2013
Posts: 380
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by hogtownhabsfan View Post
Huge fan of DLR, had him among my top 25 on draft day, over McCarron, loved him in the 2nd round.

I think at worst he's a bigger Bournival.
Nice post, i'm have De La Rose in my top 20, over Gauthier, Erne, Hartman etc...

GoHabsGo312711* is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
04-14-2014, 07:41 PM
  #81
JusticeBeaver
Twitter: @gar****al
 
JusticeBeaver's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2012
Location: Charlottetown
Country: Canada
Posts: 1,433
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by EveryDay View Post
Some very good forward prospects are coming in MTL in the next 2-3 years...

DLR
McCarron
Hudon
Crisp
Andrighetto
Don't count Bozon out yet, he was having a hell of year and turned it around since training camp.

Edit: Great signing, kid deserves it.


Last edited by JusticeBeaver: 04-14-2014 at 07:51 PM.
JusticeBeaver is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
04-14-2014, 07:57 PM
  #82
GoHabsGo312711*
 
Join Date: Dec 2013
Posts: 380
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by EveryDay View Post
Some very good forward prospects are coming in MTL in the next 2-3 years...

DLR
McCarron
Hudon
Crisp
Andrighetto
Agree (Andrighetto is really the best potential in prospect), Lehkonen too is a great prospect, he gonna play with Collberg next year

Lehkonen has a better two-way game than Collberg.

GoHabsGo312711* is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
04-14-2014, 08:15 PM
  #83
dackelljuneaubulis02
Registered User
 
dackelljuneaubulis02's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2012
Posts: 4,518
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Bloumeister View Post
Err, what?

Thanks... but methinks you're probably too big a fan of DLR, DLR or VH
lol. maybe not on a technical level but it just works so good because of the whole DLR thing.

and yeah probably because I'm a fan of all 3.

dackelljuneaubulis02 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
04-14-2014, 08:15 PM
  #84
Johnny Drama
Registered User
 
Johnny Drama's Avatar
 
Join Date: May 2013
Posts: 17
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by EveryDay View Post
Some very good forward prospects are coming in MTL in the next 2-3 years...

DLR
McCarron
Hudon
Crisp
Andrighetto
I really hope MB takes the Detroit-model for developing our deep pool of prospects.

With our current roster (which clearly has proven to be a top-tier, playoff worthy team) I hope we do not rush these young guys into the NHL. With guys like Gionta, Bourque and Briere being questionable long-term players with the club there will be room for mobility but I hope we let most of our prospects develop with time in Hamilton.

I prefer letting prospects stay in the AHL for 2-4 years unless we really need them, and clearly I don't think we desperately need any of these guys soon.

Johnny Drama is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
04-14-2014, 08:21 PM
  #85
dackelljuneaubulis02
Registered User
 
dackelljuneaubulis02's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2012
Posts: 4,518
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by EveryDay View Post
Some very good forward prospects are coming in MTL in the next 2-3 years...

DLR
McCarron
Hudon
Crisp
Andrighetto
Quote:
Originally Posted by JusticeBeaver View Post
Don't count Bozon out yet, he was having a hell of year and turned it around since training camp.

Edit: Great signing, kid deserves it.
Quote:
Originally Posted by GabrielxLandeskog92 View Post
Agree (Andrighetto is really the best potential in prospect), Lehkonen too is a great prospect, he gonna play with Collberg next year

Lehkonen has a better two-way game than Collberg.
yeah that list of Everyday's is great as they might be the biggest locks (except for Hudon though he's still lock-ish). Bozon and Lehkonen have very solid potential too.

Then you still have wild cards like Reway, Gregoire, Vail. The first two having very intriguing upside. Still like Vail though but he might not be skilled enough for a top 6 and not quite physical enough or play with enough jam for the bottom 6 imvho.

dackelljuneaubulis02 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
04-14-2014, 09:16 PM
  #86
Bloumeister
Weakileaks source
 
Bloumeister's Avatar
 
Join Date: Apr 2010
Location: in exile
Posts: 9,265
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by dackelljuneaubulis02 View Post
lol. maybe not on a technical level but it just works so good because of the whole DLR thing.

and yeah probably because I'm a fan of all 3.

Nothing wrong with that

Bloumeister is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
04-14-2014, 09:54 PM
  #87
deandebean
Registered User
 
deandebean's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2003
Location: Gatineau
Country: uriname
Posts: 13,227
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by PricePkPatch View Post
Maybe Magnus overreacted. Maybe he hasn't.

Are you genuinely satisfied at the development of our AHL players?
FYI, Bergevin and his personnel have refused to talk to Nygren since he left. In fact, they won't even answer a question from reporters regarding that matter.

In my books, the kid is done here. What he did demonstrated exactly what this organisation doesn't want: lack of character. What Nygren did was exactly that, no matter how you spin it.

Martin Reway felt the same way his first year in North America, in Gatineau. He sulked. But he decided to stay. And he's reaping the rewards today. Nygren reacted in a very negative and selfish way. The easiest way is to get out. The best way is to tough it out. It's called building character. This kid failed miserably, any which way you look at it.

deandebean is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
04-14-2014, 10:00 PM
  #88
PricePkPatch*
 
Join Date: Mar 2008
Location: Montreal
Country: Canada
Posts: 18,485
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by deandebean View Post
FYI, Bergevin and his personnel have refused to talk to Nygren since he left. In fact, they won't even answer a question from reporters regarding that matter.

In my books, the kid is done here. What he did demonstrated exactly what this organisation doesn't want: lack of character. What Nygren did was exactly that, no matter how you spin it.

Martin Reway felt the same way his first year in North America, in Gatineau. He sulked. But he decided to stay. And he's reaping the rewards today. Nygren reacted in a very negative and selfish way. The easiest way is to get out. The best way is to tough it out. It's called building character. This kid failed miserably, any which way you look at it.
I think I see your point.

The kid blamed his environment, not his own efforts.

PricePkPatch* is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
04-14-2014, 11:25 PM
  #89
dackelljuneaubulis02
Registered User
 
dackelljuneaubulis02's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2012
Posts: 4,518
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by deandebean View Post
FYI, Bergevin and his personnel have refused to talk to Nygren since he left. In fact, they won't even answer a question from reporters regarding that matter.

In my books, the kid is done here. What he did demonstrated exactly what this organisation doesn't want: lack of character. What Nygren did was exactly that, no matter how you spin it.

Martin Reway felt the same way his first year in North America, in Gatineau. He sulked. But he decided to stay. And he's reaping the rewards today. Nygren reacted in a very negative and selfish way. The easiest way is to get out. The best way is to tough it out. It's called building character. This kid failed miserably, any which way you look at it.
i think i agree here. i've said it a few times but i'm from hamilton and i swear it's not that bad. i live in kelowna now and i'd move back in a heartbeat without even thinking twice.

hamilton's a bit dirty and has a lot of poor people and homeless people. but it's not like it's detroit in terms of crime like the way Nygren seemed to think. it was definitely a prima donna move. you make a choice you should stick with it and giving up that quick doesn't look good.

i know people like to joke about the character thing but why would a gm not look at a player's character. it is the most important element.

good thing be have a back log of D prospects but honestly i'd still give him a shot though. didn't know that MB has been such a stonewall on the subject.

i like MB's job so far but the treatment of PK, trading Kristo away and this Nygren thing don't sit too well with me. Long term (the last two issues at least) they shouldn't hurt us though.

dackelljuneaubulis02 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
04-14-2014, 11:53 PM
  #90
bcv
My french sucks.
 
Join Date: Sep 2010
Posts: 3,087
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by deandebean View Post
FYI, Bergevin and his personnel have refused to talk to Nygren since he left. In fact, they won't even answer a question from reporters regarding that matter.

In my books, the kid is done here. What he did demonstrated exactly what this organisation doesn't want: lack of character. What Nygren did was exactly that, no matter how you spin it.

Martin Reway felt the same way his first year in North America, in Gatineau. He sulked. But he decided to stay. And he's reaping the rewards today. Nygren reacted in a very negative and selfish way. The easiest way is to get out. The best way is to tough it out. It's called building character. This kid failed miserably, any which way you look at it.
So, let's give up on a gifted young player because he was homesick. Too much talent, not enough character!!

bcv is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
04-14-2014, 11:59 PM
  #91
HABS win CUPS*
 
Join Date: Jul 2013
Location: Montréal
Posts: 3,903
vCash: 500
good news for sure

we have some hot prospects coming up i like it

HABS win CUPS* is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
04-15-2014, 12:00 AM
  #92
Hugo Sham
Registered User
 
Join Date: Apr 2010
Location: Montreal
Posts: 12,155
vCash: 500
I love a lot of our pool, problem is i don't see a lot of size - with that great skill on the wing. That's why we NEED to sign Vanek

ghetto, gally, hudon etc...all heart/skill but lack of size

Hugo Sham is online now   Reply With Quote
Old
04-15-2014, 12:11 AM
  #93
25get
Registered User
 
25get's Avatar
 
Join Date: Nov 2012
Location: Montreal
Country: Canada
Posts: 1,947
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by deandebean View Post
FYI, Bergevin and his personnel have refused to talk to Nygren since he left. In fact, they won't even answer a question from reporters regarding that matter.

In my books, the kid is done here.
What he did demonstrated exactly what this organisation doesn't want: lack of character. What Nygren did was exactly that, no matter how you spin it.

Martin Reway felt the same way his first year in North America, in Gatineau. He sulked. But he decided to stay. And he's reaping the rewards today. Nygren reacted in a very negative and selfish way. The easiest way is to get out. The best way is to tough it out. It's called building character. This kid failed miserably, any which way you look at it.
Source?

25get is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
04-15-2014, 03:57 AM
  #94
BrimStone64
Registered User
 
Join Date: Jun 2012
Posts: 3,717
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by deandebean View Post
FYI, Bergevin and his personnel have refused to talk to Nygren since he left. In fact, they won't even answer a question from reporters regarding that matter.

In my books, the kid is done here. What he did demonstrated exactly what this organisation doesn't want: lack of character. What Nygren did was exactly that, no matter how you spin it.

Martin Reway felt the same way his first year in North America, in Gatineau. He sulked. But he decided to stay. And he's reaping the rewards today. Nygren reacted in a very negative and selfish way. The easiest way is to get out. The best way is to tough it out. It's called building character. This kid failed miserably, any which way you look at it.
I think they should trade him if that is the case. Even if only get a late pick for. He was high end talent, nobody will argue that. Nygren was better than than Beaulieu or Tinordi during his short stay in Hamilton. Maybe he'd be a better fit on another organization

BrimStone64 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
04-15-2014, 05:56 AM
  #95
S Bah
Registered User
 
S Bah's Avatar
 
Join Date: Nov 2010
Location: victoria bc
Country: Wales
Posts: 7,523
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Mats86 View Post
I think they should trade him if that is the case. Even if only get a late pick for. He was high end talent, nobody will argue that. Nygren was better than than Beaulieu or Tinordi during his short stay in Hamilton. Maybe he'd be a better fit on another organization
The Habs should trade Nygren for Saku Maenalainen** the 19 yr old RW from Finland. At 6'3" - 190 lbs. he's got good size and skills, he could be a great fit with JDLR @ Center and LW Arturri Lehkonen, a really good European line with gritty hard working skilled forwards.

S Bah is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
04-15-2014, 08:04 AM
  #96
Gally11
Registered User
 
Join Date: Sep 2010
Location: St. John's
Country: Canada
Posts: 1,662
vCash: 500
I hate how offended this management gets by prospects they're kids.. Relax, groom them to become men. Don't have a fit everytime they mess up or don't fit your mold, that's more childish than anything else IMO.

Gally11 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
04-15-2014, 08:20 AM
  #97
Monctonscout
Monctonscout
 
Monctonscout's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2008
Posts: 34,936
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by EveryDay View Post
Some very good forward prospects are coming in MTL in the next 2-3 years...

DLR
McCarron
Hudon
Crisp
Andrighetto
Lehkonen, Bozon and Gregoire might end up better than Hudon Crisp and Andrighetto.

Monctonscout is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
04-15-2014, 08:22 AM
  #98
Monctonscout
Monctonscout
 
Monctonscout's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2008
Posts: 34,936
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by CHill Seeker View Post
I love a lot of our pool, problem is i don't see a lot of size - with that great skill on the wing. That's why we NEED to sign Vanek

ghetto, gally, hudon etc...all heart/skill but lack of size
McCarron Crisp DLR Bozon Gregoire

Monctonscout is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
04-15-2014, 08:59 AM
  #99
Blind Gardien
nexus of the crisis
 
Blind Gardien's Avatar
 
Join Date: Apr 2004
Location: Four Winds Bar
Country: France
Posts: 20,538
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Gally11 View Post
I hate how offended this management gets by prospects they're kids.. Relax, groom them to become men. Don't have a fit everytime they mess up or don't fit your mold, that's more childish than anything else IMO.
It's the kind of old school mentality that burned us (and really, all teams) in the past. If a guy is a good hockey player, teams should strive to maximize the asset value they get from that player. Even if his personality or behaviours rub you the wrong way. Work with it. And being 23 or 24 doesn't change the expectations for maturity either, some guys will be mature at 18, others won't be at 30, you just have to work case-by-case.

Now, if they think Nygren just doesn't have an NHL future at all, strictly from an on-ice scouting perspective, then that's different and it doesn't hurt to ignore him. But if it's just because he got homesick and bad-mouthed the organization, then grow some thicker skin and try to work constructively on the issue... whether that involves working with Nygren, or possibly even accepting that there were shortcomings in how things were running in Hamilton too.

Blind Gardien is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
04-15-2014, 09:21 AM
  #100
zzoo
Registered User
 
Join Date: Mar 2004
Country: Vietnam
Posts: 2,761
vCash: 500
The JDR contract is two-way, if he won't play in NHL, then he can play Sweden. That means, he won't be at Hamilton. Next year, he will play in Sweden again. So what's the change ?
Contract or contract in 1-2 years, what's the difference ? This is a normal question, not a critical one.

zzoo is online now   Reply With Quote
Reply

Forum Jump


Bookmarks

Thread Tools

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off



All times are GMT -5. The time now is 10:39 AM.

monitoring_string = "e4251c93e2ba248d29da988d93bf5144"

vBulletin Copyright ©2000 - 2016, Jelsoft Enterprises Ltd.
HFBoards.com is a property of CraveOnline Media, LLC, an Evolve Media, LLC company. ©2016 All Rights Reserved.