HFBoards

Go Back   HFBoards > NHL Eastern Conference > Atlantic Division > Montreal Canadiens
Mobile Hockey's Future Become a Sponsor Site Rules Support Forum vBookie Page 2
Notices

Canadiens sign Jacob de la Rose to 3-year contract (coming over for 2014-15 season)

Old
04-15-2014, 08:31 AM
Smoky Thompson

vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by S Bah View Post
The Habs should trade Nygren for Saku Maenalainen** the 19 yr old RW from Finland. At 6'3" - 190 lbs. he's got good size and skills, he could be a great fit with JDLR @ Center and LW Arturri Lehkonen, a really good European line with gritty hard working skilled forwards.
Yes. That kid was easily Finland's third best forward at the WJC. He reminds me of that young Swede Anton Karlsson.

Smoky Thompson is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
04-15-2014, 09:09 AM
QuebecPride
@Etienne_Pouliot

Quote:
Originally Posted by zzoo View Post
The JDR contract is two-way, if he won't play in NHL, then he can play Sweden. That means, he won't be at Hamilton. Next year, he will play in Sweden again. So what's the change ?
Contract or contract in 1-2 years, what's the difference ? This is a normal question, not a critical one.
He doesn't have a contract in Sweden next year I believe. He's in North America for good.

QuebecPride is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
04-15-2014, 09:34 AM
zzoo

Quote:
Originally Posted by QuebecPride View Post
He doesn't have a contract in Sweden next year I believe. He's in North America for good.
I think the opposite. DLR is like Nygren situation: NHL or Sweden. No Hamilton, no Jr. The chance to start in Sweden is much greater than NHL.

zzoo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
04-15-2014, 10:30 AM
Halifaxhab*

Quote:
Quote:
Originally Posted by zzoo View Post
I think the opposite. DLR is like Nygren situation: NHL or Sweden. No Hamilton, no Jr. The chance to start in Sweden is much greater than NHL.
He seemed to really want to play in Windsor this season, but he had to honour his contract in Sweden.

Now he doesn't have one, I see him as a player that wants to make the jump to N-A and apply his skill set here. As his game translates very well to the N-A style.

Halifaxhab* is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
04-15-2014, 03:09 PM
goforit

Quote:
Originally Posted by Gally11 View Post
I hate how offended this management gets by prospects they're kids.. Relax, groom them to become men. Don't have a fit everytime they mess up or don't fit your mold, that's more childish than anything else IMO.
How do you know they get offended by their prospects???

goforit is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
04-15-2014, 03:51 PM
canadiensnation
Go Habs Go

Quote:
Correct so far he doesn't have a contract in Sweden, but this deal allows him to get a contract to play in the SHL (preferably) if he doesn't play in Hamilton for some reason.

I'd rather him play in Sweden than in the CHL with Windsor if it comes down to that.

canadiensnation is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
04-15-2014, 04:09 PM
dcyhabs

Asset management. Check the bruins. Did they flame Seguin in the media, cut his ice time, send him to the minors, obviously bench him? No, they played him, talked to him quietly, and traded him without flaming his value.

Character is fine but bashing players and reducing their value (Ribeiro, Hainsey, Subban, Pouliot, the Kostitsyns, Grabovski, Bourque, Diaz...) does not help the team. Pump the player if you're going to get rid of them, don't make it plain that you don't value them.

dcyhabs is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
04-15-2014, 04:12 PM
Monctonscout
Monctonscout

Quote:
Originally Posted by dcyhabs View Post
Asset management. Check the bruins. Did they flame Seguin in the media, cut his ice time, send him to the minors, obviously bench him? No, they played him, talked to him quietly, and traded him without flaming his value.

Character is fine but bashing players and reducing their value (Ribeiro, Hainsey, Subban, Pouliot, the Kostitsyns, Grabovski, Bourque, Diaz...) does not help the team. Pump the player if you're going to get rid of them, don't make it plain that you don't value them.
Everybody and their dog(NHL front office people) knew Seguin had off ice issues in Boston. The fact that fans know or don't know is irrelevant. HF Boards fans are not the ones making trades.

Monctonscout is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
04-15-2014, 04:39 PM
gunnerdom
Go HABS Go!!!!

Send a message via MSN to gunnerdom
Quote:
Originally Posted by canadiensnation View Post
Correct so far he doesn't have a contract in Sweden, but this deal allows him to get a contract to play in the SHL (preferably) if he doesn't play in Hamilton for some reason.

I'd rather him play in Sweden than in the CHL with Windsor if it comes down to that.
Pretty sure the contract says that he can go to Sweden to play if he doesn't make the Habs. So if he doesn't make the Habs, he can play in Sweden.

gunnerdom is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
04-15-2014, 05:05 PM
Guilliam

The way Bergevin spoke after the WJC, it is quite obvious that he loves DLR and if I remember correctly, he even said that he is pretty close to the NHL so I think the plan is for him to play in Hamilton because they see him as a potential call-up during the season.

Last edited by Guilliam: 04-15-2014 at 06:19 PM.
Guilliam is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
04-15-2014, 06:06 PM
kernkraft

I'm very surprised that he's that highly rated. I know it's not failproof but hockeysfuture had him 11th on our last top 20. Now people are talking about him being our best prospect?

He does have a style which translates into the NHL (big, fast, work ethic) but I'm not convinced about his skill level.

kernkraft is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
04-15-2014, 06:24 PM
Rick16

Quote:
Originally Posted by kernkraft View Post
I'm very surprised that he's that highly rated. I know it's not failproof but hockeysfuture had him 11th on our last top 20. Now people are talking about him being our best prospect?

He does have a style which translates into the NHL (big, fast, work ethic) but I'm not convinced about his skill level.
they also have Nygren listed as our 17th best prospect, that's just ridiculous

Rick16 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
04-15-2014, 06:25 PM
Guilliam

Quote:
Originally Posted by kernkraft View Post

I think most people stay realistic about his potential: 3rd liner, at best 2nd line.

I think he is highly regarded because, as you said, his style of play makes him pretty much a sure bet to become a NHL'er and his size and skating combined with that style of play suggests he is close to the NHL.

Old
04-15-2014, 06:29 PM
charlie

vCash: 358
What I am really excited about,,,, JDL skating around hitting everything that moves,, CC coming in to his rescue,,,, Beat down.

Del a Rose Crispy Cream.

charlie is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
04-15-2014, 07:50 PM
dcyhabs

Quote:
Originally Posted by Monctonscout View Post
Everybody and their dog(NHL front office people) knew Seguin had off ice issues in Boston. The fact that fans know or don't know is irrelevant. HF Boards fans are not the ones making trades.
They may have known but Boston didn't blow it out of proportion or stop playing him. Beaulieu may not train as hard as the team would like but the potential return on a trade drops every time the team makes it obvious they are not happy.

It's not the perceived value to the fans it's the perceived value to the team. If the team is obviously frustrated the potential return goes way down.

dcyhabs is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
04-15-2014, 07:54 PM
Team_Spirit
Tinordi-Subban

vCash: 700
Quote:
Renaud Lavoie ‏@renlavoietva 14 h
#canadiens Jacob de la Rose: 3 ans / 925 000 $ moy par saison (2 volets) Il a l'option de retourner en Sude en 14-15 s'il ne joue pas MTL
Option to go back to Sweden in 14-15 if not playing in MTL.

Team_Spirit is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
04-15-2014, 08:07 PM
calder candidate

Could he play in the Playoff this year NHL, AHL or CHL?
Would that burn a year of is contract?

calder candidate is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
04-15-2014, 09:00 PM
Grant McCagg

Well that's a different story then with the option to go back to Sweden...not as likely to play in the AHL now...must have talked to Nygren.

I'd say DLR has the upside to be one of a strong club's four most valuable forwards..someone who can play anywhere but first-line center. He was one of Sweden's three best forwards in the past WJC as an 18-year-old, and they were stacked up front. Underrated offensively...give him a couple of years. Right now he's one of the best 18-year-olds on the planet.

At worst I see him as a third-line winger, but a very good one on what should be a deep team. At this point I'd say he best projects as Montreal's second-line center in three or four years behind Galchenyuk, but a lot of things can happen in that time. Montreal's top nine should be pretty deep at that point, he may fit really well on a two-way line with McCarron that's a 2B line with size.

Grant McCagg is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
04-16-2014, 05:17 AM
dackelljuneaubulis02

Quote:
Originally Posted by Grant McCagg View Post
Well that's a different story then with the option to go back to Sweden...not as likely to play in the AHL now...must have talked to Nygren.

I'd say DLR has the upside to be one of a strong club's four most valuable forwards..someone who can play anywhere but first-line center. He was one of Sweden's three best forwards in the past WJC as an 18-year-old, and they were stacked up front. Underrated offensively...give him a couple of years. Right now he's one of the best 18-year-olds on the planet.

At worst I see him as a third-line winger, but a very good one on what should be a deep team. At this point I'd say he best projects as Montreal's second-line center in three or four years behind Galchenyuk, but a lot of things can happen in that time. Montreal's top nine should be pretty deep at that point, he may fit really well on a two-way line with McCarron that's a 2B line with size.
yeah i think the question marks about his upside are a bit exaggerated from what i seen. his skills look fine just not high end. plenty of players who put up good production without high end skill.

his size, skating and compete should have him in the top 6 but like you said depending on our forward depth which is just looking silly at the moment he could be on a 3rd line.

i don't mind the fact that he'll go back to sweden if he doesn't make it. it's working for him. i think that he might make it. he seems physically mature enough and has the aptitude to play in the bottom 6. he'll do well to gain a few pounds of muscle for sure though.

man the next few years are going to be exciting.

dackelljuneaubulis02 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
04-16-2014, 08:07 AM

So does de la Rose project more as a winger? Or as a center?

417 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
04-16-2014, 09:27 AM
MasterDecoy
Carlos Danger

vCash: 1707
Quote:
Originally Posted by Monctonscout View Post
On iPhone so can't check, but didn't he have a blog or website dedicated to his boston clubbing... erm, feats? Or it may have been about who he's banged that one day, but either way, it wasn't pretty...

MasterDecoy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
04-16-2014, 03:52 PM
Guilliam

Quote:
Originally Posted by Team_Spirit View Post
Option to go back to Sweden in 14-15 if not playing in MTL.
I think the team still hopes he goes to Hamilton but if he hates it there they'll allow him to go back to Sweden.

This should be called a "Nygren clause"

Old
04-16-2014, 05:37 PM
Blind Gardien
Global Moderator
nexus of the crisis

Quote:
Originally Posted by 417 View Post
So does de la Rose project more as a winger? Or as a center?
I don't see how it matters at this point... you just know the Habs will only be able to try a youngster as a winger at first. And then if he shows he's worthy, the option to shift to center may or may not materialize thereafter.

Although I'd put my money on winger all the same, based on nothing much but WJC vague impressions.

Blind Gardien is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
06-03-2014, 06:21 AM
Huffman

He will be playing in NA next season.

http://www.hockeysverige.se/2014/06/...medium=twitter

Huffman is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
06-03-2014, 06:39 AM
beaverBFP

His 2013/2014 highlights, I'm excited for him.

Edit: if that doesn't work https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=o0VHZraz1Nk

beaverBFP is offline   Reply With Quote