HFBoards

Go Back   HFBoards > NHL Eastern Conference > Metropolitan Division > New Jersey Devils
Mobile Hockey's Future Become a Sponsor Site Rules Support Forum vBookie Page 2
Notices

Growing The Fan Experience at the Prudential Center: Trophy Lounge, Fan Sections

Old
04-16-2014, 06:55 AM
HellOnIce

vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Devils86 View Post
Maybe because I'm old but I don't give a crap as about the intro song, the goal song, the music they play during stoppages, debs interviews on the ice etc. Give me a good product on 'the ice, affordable ticket price, decent food if I have to get something and a perk or two for buying seasons and I'll be happy
I mean, there's nothing wrong with your point of view - but the business is these days it needs to be sports-entertainment. The 3D projections are amazing. The league actually supplied the 3D, or a previous version than what you see in that video above, during the 2012 Cup Final. Just two years ago, this was basic and it was awesome. It looks like from the Halifax Mooseheads the technology has grown. The projections start a few minutes in...

I'd be a huge fan of adding whatever hard-rocking, techincal experience to the introduction/game experience. I'd love to see a 3d intro, or something the players skate out of like in San Jose or whatever. I always though of a "Gate" made from pitchforks, known sort of as a gates from hell...but that could be a little much. The 3d intro would be cool.

I know it takes a lot of money to put these intro's together, and they rarely change it from game 1 to 41 - so make it good.

HellOnIce is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
04-16-2014, 08:05 AM
Richer's Ghost
Global Moderator
we drafted a goalie?

vCash: 369
Quote:
Originally Posted by Unknown Caller View Post
My season tickets are in the goal bar and they are the best seats in the arena. That said, they better not make it club seats because I won't be able afford them.
My first trip to the Prudential Center I got goal bar seats in the front row as far right as you can go next to the suites (sec 28?). I loved the corner angle high view but closer thanks to the balcony overhang compared to lower bowl back rows. I've sat all over in many arenas but that was truly my favorite seating not just for view but ease of getting in/out of the seat, almost no walk to food/drink and bathrooms and being close enough to hear the fanatics in the upper bowl cheer like crazy. Plus they shot the post game right there so it was fun to see that without really going anywhere.

The next best seats I've enjoyed were 5 rows up behind visitors net in Toronto at Air Canada Centre. Getting to go into the lower arena between periods and walk past locker rooms and watch interviews was very cool. Great view watching the play come down on net too.

Worst seating experience was MSG with front row of upper section. Seats were dirty, tight. People walking nonstop in front of you, stopping to watch play, talking on phones, just being rude punks to anyone wearing Devils gear and ushers did nothing.

Q: How do you think the unthinkable?
A: With an itheberg.
Richer's Ghost is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
04-16-2014, 09:39 AM
Devils Dominion
Shero is my Hero

Quote:
Originally Posted by DatBoyJPP View Post
I take a giant bag of their popcorn home every game
How does it compare to the Utz popcorn bags at The Rock-which I usually get and think is quite good.

Devils Dominion is online now   Reply With Quote
Old
04-24-2014, 08:34 AM
Devils Dominion
Shero is my Hero

So how about that idea of a bar in the upper concourse with live music an hour and half before each game, band plays for an hour, with a beer special per game.

Old
04-24-2014, 12:19 PM
Colin226
NJ Devils STH

Some good stuff today on #AskMyDevs with Hugh Weber:

Quote:
@Fake_RonBarr
don't recall seeing this but do devils do 50/50 raffle? Flyers successfully do this at WFC, could boost some cash #askmydevs
Reply: Great idea. Coming in the 2014-15 season.

Quote:
@joetorbik 40m
will there be better & more promotions added for next season. 1 idea, maybe do bobbleheads 1 gm #AskMyDevs
Reply: Yes. We love bobbleheads.

Quote:
@timjoyce
What about having option to either have paper tickets or a credit card-type season ticket like the Wash. Nats have? #AskMyDevs
Reply: Love the idea. Working on it.

Quote:
@general_devs89
The Rock is 1st class. But the scoreboard seems outdated with other arenas new giant HD screens. Plans to upgrade?
Reply: We have plans to upgrade, but timing is TBD.

Quote:
@nick_villano
Do you plan on adding anything extra to the Prudential Center before next season? #AskMyDevs
Reply: Summer of change is underway. #ComingSoon

Quote:
@bdelibero30
Do you have any plans to increase fire and ice lounge seating area sales so the building doesn't look empty on TV? #AskMyDevs
Reply: Full buildings lead to home-ice advantage.

Quote:
@cawad11
Why are STH's not getting the food cards next year unless we payed for our tickets in full?
Reply: New benefits and rewards rolling out in July. Stay tuned.

Quote:
@jrsnapps007
Tampa does a social media suite, is there anyway we can do a social media suite here in NJ. Tampa does it for $85 #AskMyDevs
Reply: Yes. Love the idea.

Quote:
@cawad11
loved STH events/areas, maybe a STH beer stand? Promo's were awful, maybe bobble-heads? Ideas?
Reply: Love the idea. STH's always come first.

Colin226 is online now   Reply With Quote
Old
04-24-2014, 12:33 PM
JimEIV

The best way to grow the fan experience is win.

Oh and of course good beer...and after all isn't that what we all reallywant out of life? Win and Beer?

JimEIV is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
04-24-2014, 01:39 PM
NJDevils1

I want some bobbleheads

NJDevils1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
04-24-2014, 01:45 PM
NC107*

Quote:
Originally Posted by JimEIV View Post

Oh and of course good beer...and after all isn't that what we all reallywant out of life? Win and Beer?
Nailed it

NC107* is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
04-24-2014, 01:46 PM
Devils Dominion
Shero is my Hero

When they are not winning they need to do many other things.

Old
04-24-2014, 02:06 PM
Colin226
NJ Devils STH

No comments to the scoreboard upgrade? It's funny how far that technology has come since the building opened.. I remember seeing it and being like "wow that screen is huge!".. Then I went to places like Pittsburgh and Ottawa, and ours hasn't looked the same since.. I mean it's still nice and does a great job serving it's purpose, but it's like going from a 40" TV to a 60".. You were fine with the 40, but now that you have the 60, you can't imagine going back to a "small screen"

That said, an arena jumbotron has to be insanely expensive, so with the arena not even 10 years old at this point it's hard to see a change coming when there are likely more pressing areas of the business that need budget allocation.. Still, it's nice to know that it's on their radar and something to look forward to down the line

Old
04-24-2014, 02:22 PM
devilsblood

Quote:

And I'm completely happy with the beer selection at the rock. Goose Island IPA? Perfect. Price of beer is another story, though the Rock is like any other venue in that regards.

devilsblood is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
04-24-2014, 02:27 PM
devilsblood

Don't have much interest in the bobble heads or trav posters really.

My recommendation for enhancing the in game experience would be "less is more". Less t-shirts being shot around, less music at every stoppage of play, just focus more on the game(though I am a fan of the dancers).

I do like any pregame entertainment ideas, whether inside or outside the building, but during the game? The game is enough for me.

Edit: And really the biggest thing for enhancing the pregame experience imo is improving the area around the arena. I think the park across the way would be huge.

devilsblood is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
04-24-2014, 02:40 PM
Jersey Man
Mad Dog

Call me crazy but one thing that would be great would be if games could start at 7:15PM or 7:30PM.

I say this as someone who usually can't get to the arena from NYC until 7:15-7:30 after work. (If I stay at the marketing firm I won't have this issue next season).

Jersey Man is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
04-24-2014, 03:08 PM
Fayne Staley
Dr. Evil

just change the ****** music...it's beyond dated.

get recommendations from chicago, boston, and pittsburgh on how to select music.

Fayne Staley is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
04-24-2014, 03:19 PM
Cowbell232

Quote:
Originally Posted by Colin226 View Post
No comments to the scoreboard upgrade? It's funny how far that technology has come since the building opened.. I remember seeing it and being like "wow that screen is huge!".. Then I went to places like Pittsburgh and Ottawa, and ours hasn't looked the same since.. I mean it's still nice and does a great job serving it's purpose, but it's like going from a 40" TV to a 60".. You were fine with the 40, but now that you have the 60, you can't imagine going back to a "small screen"

That said, an arena jumbotron has to be insanely expensive, so with the arena not even 10 years old at this point it's hard to see a change coming when there are likely more pressing areas of the business that need budget allocation.. Still, it's nice to know that it's on their radar and something to look forward to down the line
They cost less than you think if you're just replacing the screens. The infrastructure to support it both literally in the hanging, cabling, wiring, power, and the playback devices are the expensive parts.

04-24-2014, 03:23 PM
Colin226
NJ Devils STH

Quote:
Originally Posted by Cowbell232 View Post
They cost less than you think if you're just replacing the screens. The infrastructure to support it both literally in the hanging, cabling, wiring, power, and the playback devices are the expensive parts.
Do you think they'd be able to swap and out and put in these massive screens we're seeing around the league using the current infrastructure? I'm sure the playback devices could stay but I'd be amazed if they could add in larger screens on the current infrastructure

Old
04-24-2014, 03:25 PM
EliasR8
Brendan Shanahan!

ohh I hope we get a scoreboard like Colorado

EliasR8 is online now   Reply With Quote
Old
04-24-2014, 03:33 PM
Devils86

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jersey Man View Post
Call me crazy but one thing that would be great would be if games could start at 7:15PM or 7:30PM.

I say this as someone who usually can't get to the arena from NYC until 7:15-7:30 after work. (If I stay at the marketing firm I won't have this issue next season).
When they first moved from Colorado game time was 745...it was 730 in the Meadowlands..It didnt change to 7 PM until the rock. MSG probably has a big say, the returning train schedule may have something to do with it and overcoming the stigma of Newark defiantly had something to do with it. Florida is the only team I can think of that starts @ 730 on a consistent basis

Devils86 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
04-24-2014, 05:01 PM
Devils Dominion
Shero is my Hero

7pm is much better for the vast majority of fans.
You actually have most fans staying to the end now unlike with what happened in the old building and 7:30 starts.

Most people get out of work by 5:30 these days.
And puck drop is never at 7pm on the dot, it's between 7:07 to 7:10 depending on the night.

Newark had nothing to do with the time change except possibly the train schedules.
It just works better for most fans.

Old
04-24-2014, 05:03 PM
Status Quo*

vCash: 50
Quote:
Originally Posted by Devils Dominion View Post
7pm is much better for the vast majority of fans.
You actually have most fans staying to the end now unlike with what happened in the old building and 7:30 starts.

Most people get out of work by 5:30 these days.
And puck drop is never at 7pm on the dot, it's between 7:07 to 7:10 depending on the night.

Newark had nothing to do with the time change except possibly the train schedules.
It just works better for most fans.
Definitely would rather 7pm starts if I take the train to the game. That last Isles game forced me to miss my train back home and I had to wait over an hour at Secaucus for the 12:45am train. It sucked.

Status Quo* is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
05-05-2014, 11:45 AM
downtown56

@WFAN660: A new feeling in Jersey for @NHLDevils and their fans. Peter Schwartz's 1-on-1 w/ @ScottONeil: http://t.co/wNUR4r563u via @pschwartzcbsfan

downtown56 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
05-05-2014, 12:24 PM
HobokenIrish

Quote:

What do I want out of life??

To crush your enemies, see them driven before you, and to hear the lamentation of their women.

That and better food options for the general fan areas at the Rock

Shake Shack
Dinosaur BBQ
John's Pizza
Surf Taco
Some sort of decent Italian deli pulled from Jersey
Something Portuguese?

Local Jersey stuff!

HobokenIrish is online now   Reply With Quote
Old
05-05-2014, 01:59 PM
Wingman77
Glory Days

Quote:
Originally Posted by downtown56 View Post
@WFAN660: A new feeling in Jersey for @NHLDevils and their fans. Peter Schwartz's 1-on-1 w/ @ScottONeil: http://t.co/wNUR4r563u via @pschwartzcbsfan
Some quotes to note from that;

“I was walking around the building after the game,” recalled new Devils CEO Scott O’Neil during an exclusive one-on-one with WFAN.com. “I walked towards our main tower and the employees started a ‘Let’s go Devils!’ chant. These are the workers. I thought, ‘Man oh man this is it … this is New Jersey Devils hockey.’ “

O’Neil looked on as fans were high-fiving the ushers on the way out. And this was a preseason game!

What O’Neil has also found is that the New Jersey market is a lot different from what he was accustomed to with the Rangers and Madison Square Garden. In fact, the two fan bases are very different.

At a Rangers game, you see a lot of suits. At a Devils game, you see more fans wearing jerseys. You see more families. From a management standpoint, those differences, according to O’Neil, are “stark and exciting.”

“I think it’s reflective of the New Jersey market,” said O’Neil. “This feels like Norm walking into Cheers. You come in here for a hug, a high five and a smile. You find more friendliness. This is its own market and its own personality and it’s one that we’re really proud of.”

Wingman77 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
05-05-2014, 02:12 PM
njdevil26

I would be FOR 7:30 starts. Hell, if it were up to me, games would be 7:30 Monday through Thursday, 8pm Friday/Saturday, and 5pm Sunday.

I know I'll be alone on this... but I would like it.

njdevil26 is online now   Reply With Quote
Old
05-05-2014, 02:29 PM
BrodeursCups

Send a message via AIM to BrodeursCups
Quote:
Originally Posted by HobokenIrish View Post
What do I want out of life??

To crush your enemies, see them driven before you, and to hear the lamentation of their women.

That and better food options for the general fan areas at the Rock

Shake Shack
Dinosaur BBQ
John's Pizza
Surf Taco
Some sort of decent Italian deli pulled from Jersey
Something Portuguese?

Local Jersey stuff!
All good suggestions. I'd also like to see a Hustle and Bustle burger stand somewhere in the rock.

BrodeursCups is offline   Reply With Quote