HFBoards

Go Back   HFBoards > NHL Western Conference > Central Division > Nashville Predators
Mobile Hockey's Future Become a Sponsor Site Rules Support Forum vBookie Page 2
Notices

Around the NHL IV

Closed Thread
 
Thread Tools
Old
04-12-2014, 01:58 PM
  #151
Byrddog
Registered User
 
Byrddog's Avatar
 
Join Date: Nov 2007
Posts: 2,885
vCash: 142
Buffalo has just put there 6th goalie of the year in net. Matt Hacket was wheeled off on a stretcher after a Boston player fell on is right leg. Conner Napp from the ECHL is now Buffalo's netminder. Just amazing.

Byrddog is offline  
Old
04-12-2014, 04:12 PM
  #152
Yep
Lighthearted
 
Yep's Avatar
 
Join Date: Sep 2009
Location: Plančte XY 1000 Z
Posts: 922
vCash: 50
Hi there!

Sorry to barge in, but I made bandwagon avatars for the 3-4 Preds fans who might like to support the Habs during the playoffs .



I know playoffs are still a few days away but we probably won't last long!

Yep is offline  
Old
04-13-2014, 12:59 PM
  #153
Joe T Choker
Las Vegas Black Aces
 
Join Date: Oct 2002
Location: Melrose
Country: Italy
Posts: 25,858
vCash: 500
The Blues fans with a Bronx cheer on Ryan Miller after gives up a goal to Riley Sheahan on his next glove save.

Joe T Choker is offline  
Old
04-13-2014, 05:57 PM
  #154
jwhouk
Cheesehead Pred
 
jwhouk's Avatar
 
Join Date: Apr 2004
Location: Wisconsin
Country: United States
Posts: 3,571
vCash: 500
So, we're set.

Boston over Colorado in 6. Book it.

jwhouk is offline  
Old
04-16-2014, 12:32 PM
  #155
Adz
Eudora Wannabe
 
Adz's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2005
Location: Hermitage TN
Country: United States
Posts: 2,128
vCash: 500
I'm going to predict Sharks over the Rangers in 7.

:-D

If it happens, you read it first (and probably ONLY) here.

Adz is offline  
Old
04-16-2014, 01:22 PM
  #156
Byrddog
Registered User
 
Byrddog's Avatar
 
Join Date: Nov 2007
Posts: 2,885
vCash: 142
Colorado over Boston in 7

Matt Duchene with the GWG in game 7

Byrddog is offline  
Old
04-16-2014, 02:22 PM
  #157
JR303
Registered User
 
Join Date: Feb 2008
Posts: 206
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Byrddog View Post
Colorado over Boston in 7

Matt Duchene with the GWG in game 7
But the bigger question is, was he onside?

JR303 is offline  
Old
04-16-2014, 06:17 PM
  #158
BigFatCat999
I love GoOoOlD
 
BigFatCat999's Avatar
 
Join Date: Apr 2007
Location: Campbell, NY
Country: United States
Posts: 10,744
vCash: 500
Montreal over Anaheim. I think there's going to be a LOT of upsets.

DET over BOS in 6. Jaws hit the ground.

MTL over TBL in 5.

CBJ over Pitt in 7. Bob goes nuts

NYR over Philly in 7. NYR gets it's head together.

LA over SJ in 6. I just can't, can't pick SJ

ANA over Dal in 5. I would say 4 but can't just see it.

STL over Chi in 7. I think everyone is giving up on the Blues WAY too quick.

COL over MN in 4. **** Suter.


Last edited by BigFatCat999: 04-16-2014 at 06:41 PM.
BigFatCat999 is offline  
Old
04-16-2014, 11:54 PM
  #159
jwhouk
Cheesehead Pred
 
jwhouk's Avatar
 
Join Date: Apr 2004
Location: Wisconsin
Country: United States
Posts: 3,571
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by JR303 View Post
But the bigger question is, was he onside?

jwhouk is offline  
Old
04-18-2014, 12:01 AM
  #160
PredsV82
No
 
PredsV82's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2007
Location: Grumpyville
Country: St Kitts and Nevis
Posts: 17,120
vCash: 130
suck it, Suter… and you too Craig...

PredsV82 is online now  
Old
04-18-2014, 12:13 AM
  #161
dulzhok
Registered User
 
Join Date: Feb 2003
Posts: 3,528
vCash: 500
All winning teams scored 4 goals or more.

Take note Poile.

dulzhok is offline  
Old
04-18-2014, 08:07 AM
  #162
predfan98
Registered User
 
predfan98's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2007
Posts: 1,645
vCash: 500
I pick the Sharks over Boston in the final.....

This is the year of how many teams I want to see lose.

predfan98 is offline  
Old
04-18-2014, 08:48 AM
  #163
BigFatCat999
I love GoOoOlD
 
BigFatCat999's Avatar
 
Join Date: Apr 2007
Location: Campbell, NY
Country: United States
Posts: 10,744
vCash: 500
I got the Habs, don't really give two ***** if they win. I'm too busy calculating possible rosters for the Preds

BigFatCat999 is offline  
Old
04-18-2014, 08:50 AM
  #164
PFL615
Registered User
 
PFL615's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2012
Location: Smashville, TN
Country: United States
Posts: 1,578
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by BigFatCat999 View Post
I got the Habs, don't really give two ***** if they win. I'm too busy calculating possible rosters for the Preds
Care to share your roster ideas?

PFL615 is offline  
Old
04-18-2014, 08:57 AM
  #165
Bad Karma
Registered User
 
Bad Karma's Avatar
 
Join Date: Nov 2005
Location: Nashville
Country: United States
Posts: 516
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by jwhouk View Post
That's not funny.

Bad Karma is offline  
Old
04-18-2014, 09:19 AM
  #166
BigFatCat999
I love GoOoOlD
 
BigFatCat999's Avatar
 
Join Date: Apr 2007
Location: Campbell, NY
Country: United States
Posts: 10,744
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by PFL615 View Post
Care to share your roster ideas?
Why not? I have two. I could see. Vancouver has chosen Torts over Gillis and need more grit. They also need to cut salary for cap space. I would call about BOTH Sedins. Outrageous? Yes. But one is a LW, the other a C. Their combined cap is 14 million which Nashville can easily afford (per Capgeek, 15 signed 23 mill under 71mill cap.) I would demand they take Cullen & Stalberg along with a grit forward, (I see Spaling or Beck or both going.)

In my mind I see a counter proposal of Van taking that but asking for a 1st but Nashville would counter back with a 2nd.

Pro: pushed Forsberg & Iron Hook to 2nd line where they should develop. I could see a 1st line of Sedin-Sedin-Wilson.

Con: the Sedins will be 33 yo and their contracts run till 38 yo.

My favorite is where Poile says '**** it.' And takes his code of morality and tosses out of a window.

1) offer sheet Ryan O'Reilly to a 1st, 2nd, 3rd salary.

I'm not anywhere enamored with the drat and you can improve your center depth. If the Avs match you've stretched out their cap and you can sign Stasny.

2) call WPG about Kane.

I would offer as much as Wilson and MDZ for Kane and a mid-pick. I believe it's too much but I think Wilson's roster spot is more important that his value.

IF WPG is done with Kane they get a Winnipeg boy coming home and a LHD they need.

NSH gets a LW who could be a young Hornqvist.

3) balls to the walls FA signing Ryan Callahan.

As I have mentions Nashville has a metric ****ton of cap space. We have seen management go up to 64m. I think. (Dangerous phrase I know.) Callahan could be overlooked with his not as great as he usually is season.

4) buyout Cullen.

We need your roster spot more than you.

And finally, for ***** and giggles

5) sign Bryz to backup

The Marek vs Wyshynski sketches alone would be worth it.

'There's a tiger...on the jersey! One park a mile from the arena and another down the hill! And it's warm!'

Percentage of chance for any of this to happen? 10%

BigFatCat999 is offline  
Old
04-18-2014, 09:26 AM
  #167
hockey diva
HFBoards Sponsor
 
hockey diva's Avatar
 
Join Date: May 2010
Location: Beleriand
Posts: 1,621
vCash: 500
I'm with pred98, I want more teams to lose than I want to win. And I am pulling for SJ cause they haven't been to a final yet. And I would much rather see them than any team from the Central.

hockey diva is offline  
Old
04-18-2014, 09:33 AM
  #168
Joe T Choker
Las Vegas Black Aces
 
Join Date: Oct 2002
Location: Melrose
Country: Italy
Posts: 25,858
vCash: 500
Agree with BFC ... particularly with the ROR Offer Sheet, I don't know about the Sedin twins though

Joe T Choker is offline  
Old
04-21-2014, 08:21 AM
  #169
PFL615
Registered User
 
PFL615's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2012
Location: Smashville, TN
Country: United States
Posts: 1,578
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by BigFatCat999 View Post
Why not? I have two. I could see. Vancouver has chosen Torts over Gillis and need more grit. They also need to cut salary for cap space. I would call about BOTH Sedins. Outrageous? Yes. But one is a LW, the other a C. Their combined cap is 14 million which Nashville can easily afford (per Capgeek, 15 signed 23 mill under 71mill cap.) I would demand they take Cullen & Stalberg along with a grit forward, (I see Spaling or Beck or both going.)

In my mind I see a counter proposal of Van taking that but asking for a 1st but Nashville would counter back with a 2nd.

Pro: pushed Forsberg & Iron Hook to 2nd line where they should develop. I could see a 1st line of Sedin-Sedin-Wilson.

Con: the Sedins will be 33 yo and their contracts run till 38 yo.

My favorite is where Poile says '**** it.' And takes his code of morality and tosses out of a window.

1) offer sheet Ryan O'Reilly to a 1st, 2nd, 3rd salary.

I'm not anywhere enamored with the drat and you can improve your center depth. If the Avs match you've stretched out their cap and you can sign Stasny.

2) call WPG about Kane.

I would offer as much as Wilson and MDZ for Kane and a mid-pick. I believe it's too much but I think Wilson's roster spot is more important that his value.

IF WPG is done with Kane they get a Winnipeg boy coming home and a LHD they need.

NSH gets a LW who could be a young Hornqvist.

3) balls to the walls FA signing Ryan Callahan.

As I have mentions Nashville has a metric ****ton of cap space. We have seen management go up to 64m. I think. (Dangerous phrase I know.) Callahan could be overlooked with his not as great as he usually is season.

4) buyout Cullen.

We need your roster spot more than you.

And finally, for ***** and giggles

5) sign Bryz to backup

The Marek vs Wyshynski sketches alone would be worth it.

'There's a tiger...on the jersey! One park a mile from the arena and another down the hill! And it's warm!'

Percentage of chance for any of this to happen? 10%
I like the outside the box thinking. 10% chance any of it will happen.

Stastny and Callahan could be some targets the Preds could get but i doubt Poile gets the change to do both.

My top priority would be Stastny. I think anyone else would come from a trade.

PFL615 is offline  
Old
04-21-2014, 01:18 PM
  #170
Joe T Choker
Las Vegas Black Aces
 
Join Date: Oct 2002
Location: Melrose
Country: Italy
Posts: 25,858
vCash: 500
So this is a thing now

Joe T Choker is offline  
Old
04-21-2014, 01:35 PM
  #171
Preds33
Registered User
 
Preds33's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2013
Location: Nashville, TN
Country: United States
Posts: 4,230
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Dave is a killer View Post
absolutely crazy and classless

Preds33 is offline  
Old
04-22-2014, 12:15 PM
  #172
Joe T Choker
Las Vegas Black Aces
 
Join Date: Oct 2002
Location: Melrose
Country: Italy
Posts: 25,858
vCash: 500
And I'm absolutely getting one.

Joe T Choker is offline  
Old
04-22-2014, 01:22 PM
  #173
jwhouk
Cheesehead Pred
 
jwhouk's Avatar
 
Join Date: Apr 2004
Location: Wisconsin
Country: United States
Posts: 3,571
vCash: 500
For those of you unaware:


EDIT: And, for DIAK - Buy it here.

jwhouk is offline  
Old
04-23-2014, 12:05 PM
  #174
Adz
Eudora Wannabe
 
Adz's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2005
Location: Hermitage TN
Country: United States
Posts: 2,128
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by predfan98 View Post
I pick the Sharks over Boston in the final.....

This is the year of how many teams I want to see lose.
I have the Sharks over the Rangers in the final. I'd like to see Marleau hoisting the Cup.

SOME people laughed at my picks but so far I've done okay.

Adz is offline  
Old
04-25-2014, 10:34 AM
  #175
Top 6 Spaling
Registered User
 
Top 6 Spaling's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2010
Location: Smashville
Country: United States
Posts: 11,421
vCash: 500


Star? The guy was on waivers...

Top 6 Spaling is online now  
Closed Thread

Forum Jump


Bookmarks

Thread Tools

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off



All times are GMT -5. The time now is 05:13 AM.

monitoring_string = "e4251c93e2ba248d29da988d93bf5144"
Contact Us - HFBoards - Archive - Privacy Statement - Terms of Use - Advertise - Top - AdChoices

vBulletin Copyright ©2000 - 2015, Jelsoft Enterprises Ltd.
HFBoards.com is a property of CraveOnline Media, LLC, an Evolve Media, LLC company. ©2015 All Rights Reserved.