HFBoards

Go Back   HFBoards > NHL Eastern Conference > Atlantic Division > Montreal Canadiens
Mobile Hockey's Future Become a Sponsor Site Rules Support Forum vBookie Page 2
Notices

Call him "Swiss Cheese Aebisher"

Old
03-03-2007, 01:06 PM
TheHoser

vCash: 500
Aebischer is nothing like Hasek at all.

Hasek has a very unconventional style - but he doesn't flop around. Just like the butterfly goalie has a certain reaction to every different shot, so does Hasek. He's unorthodox, but he's not an out-of-control flop-around-the-crease madman that some people think he is.

Aebischer is completely different. He has no style. He just throws himself around whenever he sees a shot. He's on his knees when the puck crosses the blueline. He overreacts and underreacts on almost every play. He does nothing routine, he just flops around and has a seizure trying to get in front of a shot. Even on routine shots, he just throws himself around trying to make a spectacular save, even if it's an easy shot... he's a clown-car on skates.

TheHoser is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
03-03-2007, 01:10 PM
Simknows

Quote:
Originally Posted by Quiet Robert View Post
Hey, don't steal my lines! I came up with this yesterday.

But I entirely agree. The guy is Hasek without the Dominator part (as someone else pointed out in the GDT)

His technique is absolutely awful, and anyone who doesn't realize this really needs to be watching him closer. He almost trips over himself every time he goes side to side. His angles are just weird, he'll come out, go back in, he doesn't really seem to know what he wants to do.
Coincidence, I didn't read your lines !!!!

Mr. Bibische (me and my friends call him like that!!!) won't have a good contract next year

Simknows is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
03-03-2007, 01:10 PM
WeThreeKings
DJ Nikita

Send a message via MSN to WeThreeKings
Quote:
Originally Posted by TheHoser View Post
Aebischer is nothing like Hasek at all.

Hasek has a very unconventional style - but he doesn't flop around. Just like the butterfly goalie has a certain reaction to every different shot, so does Hasek. He's unorthodox, but he's not an out-of-control flop-around-the-crease madman that some people think he is.

Aebischer is completely different. He has no style. He just throws himself around whenever he sees a shot. He's on his knees when the puck crosses the blueline. He overreacts and underreacts on almost every play. He does nothing routine, he just flops around and has a seizure trying to get in front of a shot. Even on routine shots, he just throws himself around trying to make a spectacular save, even if it's an easy shot... he's a clown-car on skates.
Funniest post I've read in awhile.

WeThreeKings is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
03-03-2007, 01:12 PM
Quiet Robert

Quote:
Originally Posted by Simknows View Post
Coincidence, I didn't read your lines !!!!

Mr. Bibische (me and my friends call him like that!!!) won't have a good contract next year
Yeah that's another part of it. For a guy coming up on Unrestricted Free Agency, he certainly isn't doing himself any favours by finishing the year so poorly. You'd think he'd want to go out and prove he's worth the big bucks, but if this play keeps up, I can't see him getting a raise. Some team looking for a backup might offer him 1.5-2.0, but he's really playing himself out of a lot of money.

Quiet Robert is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
03-03-2007, 01:54 PM
greekhab

i like to call abby the muslim because the guy is always on his damn knees, for godsakes just get up once in a while

greekhab is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
03-03-2007, 01:56 PM
WeThreeKings
DJ Nikita

Send a message via MSN to WeThreeKings
Quote:
Originally Posted by greekhab View Post
i like to call abby the muslim because the guy is always on his damn knees, for godsakes just get up once in a while
I wish he was on his knees. He was on his stomach for most of the Buffalo game.

WeThreeKings is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
03-03-2007, 02:01 PM
ari1160

Quote:
Originally Posted by RE-HABS View Post
Gainey should have addressed the need for a goalie with Huet out and both of them struggling...to get into the playoffs we need some consistancy and putting that weight on Halak's shoulders is a lot to ask for.
:
sure we can put the weight on halak.... remamber 1986... even tho i was not born at this time... ROY did it soo can HALAK

Last edited by ari1160: 03-03-2007 at 02:09 PM.
ari1160 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
03-03-2007, 02:13 PM
ari1160

i have been hearing this nick since the mid season... but the other sutff u said i agree...... BG didnt even try to get a trade or get a goalie...

ari1160 is offline   Reply With Quote