HFBoards

Go Back   HFBoards > NHL Eastern Conference > Metropolitan Division > New York Rangers
Mobile Hockey's Future Become a Sponsor Site Rules Support Forum vBookie Page 2
Notices

Our Prospects. If you could pick only seven...

Reply
 
Thread Tools
Old
03-03-2007, 12:57 PM
  #1
Pizza
Registered User
 
Join Date: Sep 2005
Posts: 9,954
vCash: 500
Our Prospects. If you could pick only seven...

....to be with the Rangers in 3-4 years, who would they be?

My list:

Staal, Sauer, Callahan, Korpikoski, Bourret, Pyatt, and Dupont.


To me the seven players above have a better overall game than their fellow prospects. What do you guys think?

Pizza is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
03-03-2007, 01:00 PM
  #2
jas
Unsatisfied
 
jas's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2002
Location: NJ
Posts: 13,048
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Pizza View Post
....to be with the Rangers in 3-4 years, who would they be?

My list:

Staal, Sauer, Callahan, Korpikoski, Bourret, Pyatt, and Dupont.


To me the seven players above have a better overall game than their fellow prospects. What do you guys think?
Staal, Sauer, Dubinsky, Korpikoski, Bourret, Anismov, and Sanguinetti.

The highest upside is in that group. Of course, if Henke was to get hurt long term, Montoya goes to the head of the class.

jas is online now   Reply With Quote
Old
03-03-2007, 01:05 PM
  #3
Inferno
HFB Partner
 
Inferno's Avatar
 
Join Date: Nov 2005
Location: Atlanta, GA
Country: United States
Posts: 20,026
vCash: 500
Staal Sanguinetti Korpedo Bourret Dubinsky Jessiman Callahan

Inferno is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
03-03-2007, 01:06 PM
  #4
Inferno
HFB Partner
 
Inferno's Avatar
 
Join Date: Nov 2005
Location: Atlanta, GA
Country: United States
Posts: 20,026
vCash: 500
let me say my choice of Jessiman is more because, if he makes it, then hes obviously turned his career around.

Inferno is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
03-03-2007, 01:10 PM
  #5
Nich
Registered User
 
Nich's Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 2004
Location: Wantagh
Country: Croatia
Posts: 6,895
vCash: 500
Staal, Sauer, Callahan, Korpikoski, Bourret, Baranka, and Anismov.

Nich is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
03-03-2007, 01:51 PM
  #6
NYR fan 2
Registered User
 
NYR fan 2's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2005
Location: New Jersey
Country: United States
Posts: 1,806
vCash: 500
Send a message via AIM to NYR fan 2
Staal, Sauer, Sanguinetti, Korpikoski, Dubinsky, Anismov, Pyatt

(I don't know enough about Bourret to put him)

NYR fan 2 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
03-03-2007, 03:54 PM
  #7
BBKers
Registered User
 
BBKers's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2006
Location: South Koster, Sweden
Country: Sweden
Posts: 5,680
vCash: 500
Send a message via Skype™ to BBKers
Staal, Dubinsky, Korpikoski, Bourret, Callahan, Anismov, and Sanguinetti as Top 7.

Montoya, Baranka, Jessiman, Sauer, Dawes, Pyatt and Roche as 2nd squad

BBKers is online now   Reply With Quote
Old
03-03-2007, 03:59 PM
  #8
FLYLine24*
 
FLYLine24*'s Avatar
 
Join Date: Nov 2004
Location: NY
Country: United States
Posts: 29,102
vCash: 500
Staal, Montoya (even if its just for trade bait to get a top forward prospect), Dubinsky, Korpikoski, Sauer, Pyatt, & Callahan.

I'd like to watch Bourret play a few games before making a decision on him.

FLYLine24* is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
03-03-2007, 04:13 PM
  #9
lundy
Registered User
 
lundy's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2006
Location: NYC
Country: United States
Posts: 3,600
vCash: 500
I'm going with these guys:
Staal,Sanguinetti,Korpikoski,Dubinsky,Bourret,Dawe s,Immonen


And I think these are the guys we'll realistically see on the team in a few years..

Want to include Montoya, but it's kind of pointless with Lundqvist.

lundy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
03-03-2007, 04:22 PM
  #10
Ola
Registered User
 
Ola's Avatar
 
Join Date: Apr 2004
Location: Sweden
Country: Sweden
Posts: 17,547
vCash: 500
Staal, Montoya, Anisimov, Korpikoski, Dubinsky, Sauer and Pyatt.

Ola is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
03-03-2007, 04:27 PM
  #11
Cynical TyranT
Son of a gun
 
Cynical TyranT's Avatar
 
Join Date: May 2004
Location: TX
Country: American Samoa
Posts: 4,027
vCash: 500
Send a message via AIM to Cynical TyranT
Staal, Sanguinetti, Anisimov, Callahan, Dubinsky, Korpikoski, Olver

Cynical TyranT is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
03-03-2007, 05:14 PM
  #12
Plato
HFBoards Sponsor
 
Plato's Avatar
 
Join Date: Nov 2005
Location: New York
Country: Greece
Posts: 9,174
vCash: 50
staal
sanguinetti
dubinsky
korpikoski
jessiman
callahan
dawes

Plato is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
03-03-2007, 05:34 PM
  #13
kovalev27hf
Registered User
 
Join Date: Aug 2005
Location: nyc
Country: United States
Posts: 433
vCash: 500
montoya staal callahan dubinsky korpedo pyatt bourret

kovalev27hf is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
03-03-2007, 07:01 PM
  #14
ATLANTARANGER*
 
Join Date: Sep 2004
Location: Atlanta, B&R in NYC
Country: United States
Posts: 3,649
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by FLYLine88 View Post
Staal, Montoya (even if its just for trade bait to get a top forward prospect), Dubinsky, Korpikoski, Sauer, Pyatt, & Callahan.

I'd like to watch Bourret play a few games before making a decision on him.
Your list of 7 is who I would pick. I'm too lazy to type and spell all the names.

ATLANTARANGER* is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
03-03-2007, 07:02 PM
  #15
BrooklynRangersFan
Change is good.
 
BrooklynRangersFan's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2005
Location: Brooklyn of course
Country: United States
Posts: 10,204
vCash: 500
D: Staal, Sauer, Sanguinetti
C: Anisimov, Dubinsky
W: Korpikoski, Jessiman

I didn't include Montoya, because both he and Lundqvist won't be on the team at the same time and I can't determine where the assets we get back in a deal would fit without knowing who/what they are.

Wow, the wonderful thing about this exercise is that it reinforces just how full our cupboard is... Could we change it to top 10 so that I can include Bourret, Baranka and Pyatt? How about top 15?

BrooklynRangersFan is online now   Reply With Quote
Old
03-03-2007, 07:02 PM
  #16
Pizza
Registered User
 
Join Date: Sep 2005
Posts: 9,954
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by inferno272 View Post
let me say my choice of Jessiman is more because, if he makes it, then hes obviously turned his career around.

That would be very nice to see.

Pizza is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
03-03-2007, 07:12 PM
  #17
JamesG1221
 
JamesG1221's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2007
Posts: 348
vCash: 500
Gotta go Staal, Sanguetti, Pyatt, Callahan, Anisimov, Dubinsky and....either Dawes or Sauer..probably Dawes..

JamesG1221 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
03-03-2007, 07:45 PM
  #18
Pizza
Registered User
 
Join Date: Sep 2005
Posts: 9,954
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by BrooklynRangersFan View Post
D: Staal, Sauer, Sanguinetti
C: Anisimov, Dubinsky
W: Korpikoski, Jessiman

I didn't include Montoya, because both he and Lundqvist won't be on the team at the same time and I can't determine where the assets we get back in a deal would fit without knowing who/what they are.

Wow, the wonderful thing about this exercise is that it reinforces just how full our cupboard is... Could we change it to top 10 so that I can include Bourret, Baranka and Pyatt? How about top 15?
Interesting responses so far.

I went back and forth a bit before selecting Bourret over Dubinsky. I feel that Bourret's upside is a bit better than Dubi's. I think Bourret is also stronger on his skates and on the puck. Also he's a better hitter. I followed Bourret pretty closely his draft year and hoped the Rangers would draft him as he was still available. Happily Staal dropped down and we made the move to get him. Now we have them both so that is terrific.

I'm surprised that more people are not choosing Dupont. I think Brodie is in many ways the closest thing we have to a legitimate Power Forward prospect. A gritty player that can score and figures to be very tough to play against. That last aspect is something I'm glad to see the Rangers adding to the team's profile with Dupont and the additions of both Avery and Bourret.

Brooklyn, I've learned that it's better to be more conservative as you look at our prospects. It helps manage expectations better. So I chose seven as the limit to force myself to drill things down a bit. Still if we were able to convert seven of the existing crop into Rangers, that's a pretty decent percentage. I agree with you though, this little "exercise" shows that we are in pretty decent shape prospect wise. Now, if we could add a couple of legitimate blue chip forward prospects we would really be cooking.

It will be very interesting to see how the whole thing with Montoya pans out.

Pizza is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
03-03-2007, 07:51 PM
  #19
BrooklynRangersFan
Change is good.
 
BrooklynRangersFan's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2005
Location: Brooklyn of course
Country: United States
Posts: 10,204
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Pizza View Post
Interesting responses so far.

I went back and forth a bit before selecting Bourret over Dubinsky. I feel that Bourret's upside is a bit better than Dubi's. I think Bourret is also stronger on his skates and on the puck. Also he's a better hitter. I followed Bourret pretty closely his draft year and hoped the Rangers would draft him as he was still available. Happily Staal dropped down and we made the move to get him. Now we have them both so that is terrific.

I'm surprised that more people are not choosing Dupont. I think Brodie is in many ways the closest thing we have to a legitimate Power Forward prospect. A gritty player that can score and figures to be very tough to play against. That last aspect is something I'm glad to see the Rangers adding to the team's profile with Dupont and the additions of both Avery and Bourret.

Brooklyn, I've learned that it's better to be more conservative as you look at our prospects. It helps manage expectations better. So I chose seven as the limit to force myself to drill things down a bit. Still if we were able to convert seven of the existing crop into Rangers, that's a pretty decent percentage. I agree with you though, this little "exercise" shows that we are in pretty decent shape prospect wise. Now, if we could add a couple of legitimate blue chip forward prospects we would really be cooking.

It will be very interesting to see how the whole thing with Montoya pans out.
I hear ya, Pizza. Thing is - we have so many guys that you know will wind up playing in the show even if it's on the 4th line or for a different team. That's very encouraging. Dupont would be my eleventh (I love what I hear about him, I just don't hear enough because of where he plays). Byers would be my twelfth.

BrooklynRangersFan is online now   Reply With Quote
Old
03-03-2007, 08:03 PM
  #20
jas
Unsatisfied
 
jas's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2002
Location: NJ
Posts: 13,048
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by BrooklynRangersFan View Post
I hear ya, Pizza. Thing is - we have so many guys that you know will wind up playing in the show even if it's on the 4th line or for a different team. That's very encouraging. Dupont would be my eleventh (I love what I hear about him, I just don't hear enough because of where he plays). Byers would be my twelfth.
I love Brodie, and he would be in my top ten with Cally and Baranka. But, my thoughts are that of the forwards, Bourret, Dubinsky, Korpikoski and Anisimov will be at least 2nd liners. I'm sure yet if Broide is for certain a 2nd line player. My thoughts are that he might fit the Adam Graves prototype - hard-nosed player who might take off scoring wise player with an offensively gifted center, since he does the dirty work around the goal mouth, and he sticks up for his teammates. But, he might just turn out to be a quality 3rd liner.

jas is online now   Reply With Quote
Old
03-03-2007, 08:06 PM
  #21
BrooklynRangersFan
Change is good.
 
BrooklynRangersFan's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2005
Location: Brooklyn of course
Country: United States
Posts: 10,204
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by jas View Post
I love Brodie, and he would be in my top ten with Cally and Baranka. But, my thoughts are that of the forwards, Bourret, Dubinsky, Korpikoski and Anisimov will be at least 2nd liners. I'm sure yet if Broide is for certain a 2nd line player. My thoughts are that he might fit the Adam Graves prototype - hard-nosed player who might take off scoring wise player with an offensively gifted center, since he does the dirty work around the goal mouth, and he sticks up for his teammates. But, he might just turn out to be a quality 3rd liner.
Wow, completely forgot about Cally. He could fit in anywhere from 8-12. Like I said - I LOVE our cupboard. SO different from the early years of this decade.

BrooklynRangersFan is online now   Reply With Quote
Old
03-03-2007, 08:14 PM
  #22
dank
Registered User
 
dank's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2006
Location: NYC
Posts: 5,867
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by BrooklynRangersFan View Post
Wow, completely forgot about Cally. He could fit in anywhere from 8-12. Like I said - I LOVE our cupboard. SO different from the early years of this decade.
i just hope they pan out and get onto our team.. i'm pessimistic about both happening..

dank is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
03-03-2007, 08:18 PM
  #23
BrooklynRangersFan
Change is good.
 
BrooklynRangersFan's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2005
Location: Brooklyn of course
Country: United States
Posts: 10,204
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by dank View Post
i just hope they pan out and get onto our team.. i'm pessimistic about both happening..
Too many for at least 5-10 not to pan out. More likely 10 than 5. And of course not all will make it to our team, but they will add to the team in what they bring back in trades. I grow as attached to players that come up through the system as the next guy, but you need to take a step back and remember that rebuild doesn't mean just "promote the players you drafted" - it means "manage your assets to get younger and better," regardless of whether it's through the draft, trades or free agency.

BrooklynRangersFan is online now   Reply With Quote
Old
03-03-2007, 08:29 PM
  #24
JamesG1221
 
JamesG1221's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2007
Posts: 348
vCash: 500
*****Dupont and Bourret...forgot about both of them...solid choices..

JamesG1221 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
03-03-2007, 08:41 PM
  #25
dank
Registered User
 
dank's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2006
Location: NYC
Posts: 5,867
vCash: 500
oh i definitely agree with you on that attachment vs. asset management situation. at this point i dont know much about these players besides for what i hear, maybe a picture, etc; they are mostly ideas rather than players.

i'm just saying that somehow i feel like they'll be undervalued and traded away, not pan out, or bad injuries.. pessimism..

dank is offline   Reply With Quote
Reply

Forum Jump


Bookmarks

Thread Tools

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off



All times are GMT -5. The time now is 10:00 AM.

monitoring_string = "e4251c93e2ba248d29da988d93bf5144"
Contact Us - HFBoards - Archive - Privacy Statement - Terms of Use - Advertise - Top - AdChoices

vBulletin Copyright ©2000 - 2014, Jelsoft Enterprises Ltd.
HFBoards.com is a property of CraveOnline Media, LLC, an Evolve Media, LLC company. 2014 All Rights Reserved.