HFBoards

Go Back   HFBoards > NHL Western Conference > Central Division > Nashville Predators
Notices

GDT: Predators vs Kings - 3.3.07

Old
03-03-2007, 05:19 PM
Enoch
This is my boomstick

vCash: 500
Forsberg with an assist on each of the last 3 goals, and the Predators are officially burying the chances that eluded them in the first two periods.

03-03-2007, 05:23 PM
Roger's Pancreas*

Send a message via AIM to Roger's Pancreas*
Weber is like a younger Matty Ohlund.

Roger's Pancreas* is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
03-03-2007, 05:30 PM
jstreet

vCash: 50
now that's more like it!

Great third period!

jstreet is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
03-03-2007, 05:34 PM
phiflyers2003

See i said score 5 more may not be 5 but it was 4, good to see the preds kill another team.

phiflyers2003 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
03-03-2007, 05:34 PM
McCullogh

OMG

Your gamewinner was a freakin beauty. Lovely pass, lovely one-timer.

McCullogh is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
03-03-2007, 05:44 PM
5major

Legwand in the Third

Why didnt Legwand play the last 12 minutes? Is he not on the PP anymore?

5major is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
03-03-2007, 05:49 PM
trotzian brow

He took a shot to the hand. He looked like he was in a lot of pain. Hope it's nothing too serious.

trotzian brow is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
03-03-2007, 06:15 PM
The Kingslayer

vCash: 291
3 assists for Foppa nice. BTW can someone turn my avatar blue?

The Kingslayer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
03-03-2007, 06:20 PM
vopatsrash

6 points on the trip after 3 games. I was prepared to be happy with 7+ and content with 5-6, especially considering the injuries and illness. Unfortunately, it will be tough to get a point in the last 2 games on the trip.

vopatsrash is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
03-03-2007, 07:04 PM
PredDave

Wow! A 3-point game for Forsberg and a two-goal game for Weber & Kariya!

Forsberg with 6 points (1g, 5a) in his first 6 games as a Predator. Good to see him back to his point-per-game production...

I really hope Legwand is not going to miss any time with a hand injury.

Now, come on Colorado and beat the Wings tomorrow!

PredDave is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
03-03-2007, 08:01 PM
handtrick

Quote:
Originally Posted by PredDave View Post

I really hope Legwand is not going to miss any time with a hand injury.

I bet Rich Peverley is on the plane to California at this moment.....

handtrick is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
03-03-2007, 08:16 PM
5major

Its Ramzi Abid thats on his way...and we might need more if Legwand cant go tommorow and Arnott is still sick....I have had enough of Dacry getting 4 minutes a game, would like to see some other people in there that can get some more time and create a little..

5major is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
03-03-2007, 08:47 PM
thrillhous

Anything said about Sully as to whether he'll be back next game or not?

thrillhous is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
03-03-2007, 08:55 PM
Pred303

i cann't allow myself to get too excited over this win until the full seriousness of the legwand injury is known..
but some thoughts;

...this is some more resilient team we have here. i don't think there i another team in the legue that could go on the road and beat any team in the league with 3 of their top 4 goalscorers not in the lineup.. then add in the fact that during the game your leading scorer left goes down and doesn't return... of course not many teams in the league can say they have paul kariya as your 5th leading goalscorer coming in, nor not many have a peter forsberg still on the ice as well..

...tonight was a strange game. one that showed as well as any in recent memory how much randomness can play in the score of any one game.

...today's first period was the strongest puck possession period the predators have ever played in their entire existance. the puck stayed in our end at least 16 of the 20 minutes of the period. and yet, the score was 0-0 until less than 2 minutes left. every line simply dominated possession, we gave them nothing until the last 20 seconds of the period... and yet we only led 1-0 at the end of it all. (how hilarious was it to hear the bronx cheer go up for the home team when they finally got the puck up to the redline once after about the first three minutes of the game?, especially when we immediately took it deep again and kept it there for most of the next 15 minutes as well)

...i felt the first goal was huge. if you have dominated a team that badly and still go into the locker room 0-0 anything could have happened later. one of the absolute best things to come out of these last couple games, is we've finally recognized that weber has to play the point on the pp. (if they'd have listened to me, handtrick, and almost everyone on this board they'd have known this in camp). what a great play, where all 5 men on the pp had a direct role leading up to webers blast (leggy to suter off of rads off of dumont to weber). you just felt we had to score before the first intermission after that period.

...what a scramble at the end when that shot dribbled thru mason's glove onto the goalline. great play by suter to dive and get there, great swat by nichol to clear it away.

...forsberg with a horrible turnover at the blueline to give up the rush where lundmark tied it. erat fails to tie up the stick, hamhuis caught gawking. forsberg actually had two bad turnovers, but he's starting to make himself part of all this.. could have been a huge turning point in the game right there....

..that is, if we weren't such a resilient team. good forechecking by hordichuk to cause the puck to kick straight to weber. just from effort he should have been given an assist. weber with a perfectly placed shot, the secret it was on net and in before burke knew he had it.

...then we have another 8 minute stretch where we don't give up a shot, and have a great chance by dumont form rads, another by dumont from forsberg, another by dumont from legwand, two more by weber ont he pp and a good one by rads from leggy off a draw.. yet cann't score.. a great stretch of hockey though.

...then all of a sudden we have a horrible defensive meltdown and out of nowhere they tie it up. for those that don't know what happened.. radulov and dumont both went to cover the left d-man and left the right point completely open. this happened because they've both been playing the opposite wing and simply forgot what wing they were playing best i can tell. actually i think it was rads man left alone on the far point. then chaos on the backdoor with everyone scrambling.

...when they scored to go ahead my heart jumped in my throat. bad delay penalty from zids started it. then i saw legwand take that hard shot off his hand or wrist, and then boom to top that off we're down 3-2 in the third, in a game we've totally dominated to that point.. many teams would have folded right then, i almost did.. then kariya and forseberg and zidlicky and dumont picked us up by our bootstraps and won this game for us.

..some mighty good signs out of this one;
1)forsberg is finding his game
2)kariya is starting to be a sniper again
3)the pp all of a sudden looks downright dangerous
4)weber is a force on the pp point
5)zidlicky actually scores a goal for the first time since about october.
6)this team is mentally tough, probably mentally tougher than us fans are over all this
7)3 wins in a row on the road again, a good sign with 7 more of them to go.

as long as legwand's injury isn't too serious, this was another big win..

what fun it has been to see the almost daily flipflop between us and buffalo for the NHL lead for over a month now.. what fun it is to put the pressure back on the wings again to have to keep winning to keep pace with us.. wouldn't have missed it all for anything.. now if we can just get healthy

Last edited by Pred303: 03-03-2007 at 09:02 PM.
Pred303 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
03-03-2007, 09:42 PM
tulsytrid1

I hope Leggy's hand isn't too bad. That's not what we need now another top foward out of the lineup. Sully, Harts, Arnott,Leggy all out for the game tomorrow would be downright

tulsytrid1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
03-03-2007, 10:02 PM
Enoch
This is my boomstick

For a game where we absolutely dominated, it was disconcerting to see the kings take the lead early into the third period. Like 303 said, I was almost ready to throw in the towel at that point, but it really seemed like everything was clicking. The pp looked absolutely different.....probably the best I have seen it look at any point in the past 3 years. Lots of pucks were thrown on net, we had a one timer from the slot.......not the faceoff dots or point......just a great game offensively for us. Trotz gave Vish more minutes, and he played 'decent'. I think Zanon is getting a bit gung-ho on the PK. He has been going down a bit pre-maturely the past few games, and it is causing him to get out of position too often. That said, great game by the boys. If we can knock off Anaheim or Detroit, you have to say the road trip was highly successful.

Enoch is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
03-03-2007, 10:09 PM
Pred303

the powerplay set that seems to be giving other teams pk's real trouble these last few games is when forsberg runs the pp off the left halfboard.. and we run kariya down the slot.. reversing things like that sets up the pass much better for the onetimer to the lefty kariya (while with our first unit being all lefty forwards has made it harder to get that one timer in the slot coming off the right halfboard).. has worked for two or three goals now in the last few games

Old
03-03-2007, 10:14 PM
handtrick

It is pretty amazing that it has taken this long for Horachek, et al. to see that Weber BELONGS on the point on the PP.....even if it is only the 2nd unit. Something needs to happen in the offseason that allows him to assume 1st unit PP time on the point.....and I have a something or two in mind.

The replay is terrible on actually seeing where the puck hit Legwand, but from what I could see about the position of his body in relation to the shot, and his use of the left arm and hand during the next 20 seconds until the whistle blew......is that he took a shot to the mid humerus where the radial nerve wraps around the humerus bone [therefore between the shoulder pad and the elbow pad] this would have given him a severe stinger such that it is difficult to extend the wrist and fingers [kind of like when the drunk girl falls asleep with her head on your arm, Pred303....in other words..."Saturday Night Palsy"]...usually the effect is transitory....unless it is a direct shot, then the nerve can go out for weeks or more.
I may be way out on a limb here...but it didn't look like a puck to the hand....or an injury of the wrist that causes significant lost time [such as a hyperextension injury].
I guess we will see.....it bothers me that he didn't play another shift though.

It was funny hearing Kariya talk about the"sick" pass that Forsberg floated on his stick for the one-timer, then defining a "sick pass" for the audience [because Forsberg had used the same term to describe Kariya's spin-a-rama pass to him for the OT winner against Detroit] as "the utmost compliment to a passer."
The guy really looks like he is loving life right now.

Did anybody chuckle to see the Smithson/Forsberg/Fiddler line out there a couple times.......kinda like eating Filet Minon with plastic utensils and a paper plate....or ......like seeing Pred303 with a girl his own age....just seemed.....well....unnatural.

Dumont is a playoff machine.....Forsberg is probably the greatest playoff warrior ever.......Arnott and Kariya are dieing to get back there again.....Sully has been living for this run for his whole career.......the questions in my mind are:
.........Are the Czechs up to the task?.....Do they have the absolute HUNGER for the cup that North Americans and apparently Forsberg has?
........Does our Finnish captain have what it takes to lead this group to become the first non-North American captain to ever raise the Cup?
.......Does Trotz have what it takes to lead a team through a complete Cup run, having never run deep in the playoffs before?
.......Does our supremely talented, but green-green blueline, have the wherewithall to sustain tight, playoff-style one-goal playoff hockey night in and night out without the typical rookie mistakes when the pressure is something they have never even come close too?

Well, many questions that will answer themselves in due time.....what an exiting time to be a Predaholic.....

Old
03-03-2007, 10:33 PM
Pred303

what can i say, drunk young girls seem to like me.. it's a curse

Old
03-03-2007, 10:38 PM
handtrick

Quote:
Originally Posted by Pred303 View Post

I have heard wayward chicks are sometimes searching for a "father figure," but I have never heard that they might be searching for a "grandfather figure"......

Old
03-03-2007, 10:45 PM
irisheyes555

Quote:
Originally Posted by Pred303 View Post
and how do these inebriated younglings come by there beverages?

contributing to a minor perhaps?

or are they all of age to drink, but young enough to not know how much.

didn't know how prophetic that pic on the 1st page was gonna be.

irisheyes555 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
03-04-2007, 01:53 AM
Nordic*

I missed the frist period and during the span of the second I decided it wasnt worth the wait watching the third.

Forsberg seems to dominate whenever Im not watching

3 assists.. how were they?

Nordic* is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
03-04-2007, 02:11 AM
Nacho
Special

Quote:
Originally Posted by handtrick View Post
Did anybody chuckle to see the Smithson/Forsberg/Fiddler line out there a couple times.......kinda like eating Filet Minon with plastic utensils and a paper plate....or ......like seeing Pred303 with a girl his own age....just seemed.....well....unnatural.
Don't know what your coach was thinking in the 2nd period, but Forsberg was centering all the lines in that period... Did he not see how dominant the Dumont, Forsberg and Radulov line was in the 1st...? Couldn't stop laughing by the play of those three, the puck was constantly moving between them like a pinball...

You guys should look into that, looked like a deadly PP line...

Nacho is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
03-04-2007, 02:11 AM
barrytrotzsneck
Retired Global Mod

Quote:
Originally Posted by bilros View Post
I missed the frist period and during the span of the second I decided it wasnt worth the wait watching the third.

Forsberg seems to dominate whenever Im not watching

3 assists.. how were they?
Our PP went from predictable and frustratingly poor to suddenly fresh\dangerous when he took over. 3 good assists(the best one being an insane saucer pass over the defender's stick to a wide open kariya, who had his shot lined up for the top left corner. This was an important one as well, as it's the goal that tied the game up after the Kings had gained the momentum and taken the lead. That goal opened the floodgates.

barrytrotzsneck is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
03-04-2007, 02:44 AM
Crazyhorse

Kind of ironic that so many players in the team got hurt after they got Forsberg.

It is interesting to follow the battle of the west.

Crazyhorse is offline   Reply With Quote