HFBoards

Go Back   HFBoards > NHL Eastern Conference > Metropolitan Division > New York Rangers
Mobile Hockey's Future Become a Sponsor Site Rules Support Forum vBookie Page 2
Notices

GDT | March 3rd | Blues @ Rangers | RANGERS WIN 3-2 SO

Old
03-03-2007, 06:14 PM
NYR_Geoff1

vCash: 500
Send a message via AIM to NYR_Geoff1
Doesn't this team just make you want to pull all your hair out? 2 - 0 lead against Pittsburgh going into the 3rd and we lose in a shoot out. 2 - 0 deficit today and we win in a shoot out.

It's obvious this is what we get to look forward to for the remainder of the season, a roller coaster ride. Good to see we can actually get a victory with someone else other than Lundqvist in there. Definitely a plus for us to have that...

Either way, it was actually nice to see us for once be the team that came back... now tonight we can scoreboard watch.

NYR_Geoff1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
03-03-2007, 06:20 PM
Whoot Whoot
Biased-NYR-Homer

What a game! Did you guys hear the "we suck + + we suck + +" chant on the TV in the second period? I felt like I was back in the first game against the devils last year, horrible start. Start = 50 mins.

Prucha started the whole thing with his amazing spirt, he should have been first star!

Whoot Whoot is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
03-03-2007, 06:37 PM
Blueshirt Special
HFBoards Sponsor

Do you believe in miracles?

I still can't believe we got 2 points today!

Gotta give Rachunek credit today. That play at the blueline to get Avery the puck was stellar.

Blueshirt Special is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
03-03-2007, 06:39 PM
Chimp

Don't forget Rachunek's laser on the PP as well.

Chimp is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
03-03-2007, 07:00 PM
EJS280

Not bad for my first NHL game in person. After that 1st goal I was like wow this is gonna suck but you gotta give credit to valiquette he played great except for the first one and some puck mishandlings behind the net. The people up in the 400's were ridiculous as well as funny a few times. The "We Suck" chant kinda made me laugh cus it was true at the time. The intesity in the crowd after we got the 1st one was amazing. One of the best games I've ever seen (well at least after 10 or so minutes into the 3rd ).

EJS280 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
03-03-2007, 07:04 PM
I Am Chariot
One shift at a time

Ahhhhhhgggrrgghhh!

I dvr the game and the recording gets cut off right before the Avery Goal. I missthe comeback and the shootout because cablevision didnt run the dvr over and the JD ceremont made the game run late

Talk about a mini- buzzkill. At least WE WON!

Oh Baby!!

anyone know where I can watch the shootout online perhaps?

Looks like no Rangers in 60 either

03-03-2007, 07:08 PM
BrooklynRangersFan
Change is good.

Way too long a GDT to read back through it. But that's a good thing. Anyone have a clue as to why Renney switched Hossa and Isbister? After one period?

I can't wait to see what this team looks like after we lose the AHL placeholders.

BrooklynRangersFan is online now   Reply With Quote
Old
03-03-2007, 07:12 PM
FLYLine24
The Mac Truck

Quote:
Originally Posted by BrooklynRangersFan View Post
Way too long a GDT to read back through it. But that's a good thing. Anyone have a clue as to why Renney switched Hossa and Isbister? After one period?

I can't wait to see what this team looks like after we lose the AHL placeholders.
Both Isbister and Hossa had good games, most here thought he made the change to help spread out the offense on the lines. Hossa was moved with Prucha.

FLYLine24 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
03-03-2007, 07:15 PM
Ola

Quote:
Originally Posted by Chimp View Post
Don't forget Rachunek's laser on the PP as well.
Rach had a really good game.

Ola is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
03-03-2007, 07:17 PM
BrooklynRangersFan
Change is good.

Quote:
Originally Posted by FLYLine88 View Post
Both Isbister and Hossa had good games, most here thought he made the change to help spread out the offense on the lines. Hossa was moved with Prucha.
Thanks. So wait, were the lines:

Isbister-Nylander-Jagr
Avery-Cullen-Ortmeyer
Hossa-Immonen-Prucha
Hollweg-Betts-Orr?

I guess it worked out, but I still want Hossa back on the first line. The problem with this team is lack of centers with any sort of offensive skill and no amount of flipflopping wingers is going to change that.

BrooklynRangersFan is online now   Reply With Quote
Old
03-03-2007, 07:22 PM
EJS280

actually isbister was centering nylander and jagr. I'm not sure why nylander wasn't playing center, but Isbister played good. And was it just me or did it seem like the 4th line was out there a lot. The majority of the game I saw the hollweg betts orr out there more than jags and nylander.

EJS280 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
03-03-2007, 08:56 PM
RFAN

Quote:
Originally Posted by EJS280 View Post
actually isbister was centering nylander and jagr. I'm not sure why nylander wasn't playing center, but Isbister played good. And was it just me or did it seem like the 4th line was out there a lot. The majority of the game I saw the hollweg betts orr out there more than jags and nylander.
No it's just you, Hollweg and Orr didn't play all that much. Now, being at the game it seemed Jagr and Malik were on every other shift.

Also I had a great view of Malik getting rocked in the third, with the puck in his feet, you could see he didn't really know where he was. Although he didn't miss a shift.

RFAN is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
03-03-2007, 09:42 PM
NYR94

Send a message via AIM to NYR94
Nice to see Rachunek and Mara both get more ice time on the power play than Rozsival.

NYR94 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
03-03-2007, 09:49 PM
In The Flesh

saw the 1st, then had to be at work at 2:30. I saw a piece of **** period, and it looks like we played really well the last 2 plus OT.

HOw was Valiquette the rest.

In The Flesh is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
03-03-2007, 09:58 PM
NYRMatt

Quote:
Originally Posted by KingHenrik35 View Post
Just got back from the game and wow was it fun!!!! The crowd was in it, which was good and bad at times. The game even featured a "we suck" chant comming from the 400 section when the Rangers were down by 2. All in all important points were gained and they need to take the confidence from this game and take it to the Isles on monday. LETS GO RANGERS!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
That chant and the Malik boo's pissed me off when I was at the game.

NYRMatt is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
03-03-2007, 10:00 PM
NYRMatt

Quote:
Originally Posted by cycleandshoot View Post
Ahhhhhhgggrrgghhh!

I dvr the game and the recording gets cut off right before the Avery Goal. I missthe comeback and the shootout because cablevision didnt run the dvr over and the JD ceremont made the game run late

Talk about a mini- buzzkill. At least WE WON!

Oh Baby!!

anyone know where I can watch the shootout online perhaps?

Looks like no Rangers in 60 either
NHLVideo on youtube has highlights from NHL games after a day of the game happening. I dont know if it would show the highlight goal however. Was there any Rangers in 60 today?

NYRMatt is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
03-03-2007, 10:04 PM
danno2530

Send a message via Yahoo to danno2530
Quote:
Originally Posted by KingHenrik35 View Post
Just got back from the game and wow was it fun!!!! The crowd was in it, which was good and bad at times. The game even featured a "we suck" chant comming from the 400 section when the Rangers were down by 2. All in all important points were gained and they need to take the confidence from this game and take it to the Isles on monday. LETS GO RANGERS!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
I was in 417 with my dad and I'm almost positive they were chanting "Refund".

But your right..it was a great atmosphere. I was at thursday's game and that one was just devastating. Today was just brutal for the first two periods, but wow..what an amazing 3rd period. Maybe this can be the kind of win that gives us some momentum. After all the crap we've been through this year, I'd say we deserve it.

It was great to see Valley bounce back after a bad start and I really want to root for this guy to do well. I like how he did the Henke victory lap during the three stars.

My dad had not been to a game since January of 2004 so he really enjoyed this one. Also, I had never seen a shootout in person before thursday's game and now I have seen two in two games. Weird, lol

But we gotta build on this Monday night and we got a little help in the standings tonight, so lets keep it up.

danno2530 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
03-04-2007, 12:54 AM
Evgeny Oliker

Sure, Valiquette will never be a starter in the NHL. However, I think he can be a solid backup. He did a very good job today.

The team had a great comeback...we now have 5 points out of 6 possible points in last 3 games. If we can keep that up, we should make the playoffs.

I believe!

Evgeny Oliker is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
03-04-2007, 01:15 AM
Pizza

Nice play by Immo on the face off leading up to Rachunek's goal. He really battled for that face off and managed to get a nice pass back to the point. Great to see Jarkko make a good play.

Pizza is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
03-04-2007, 01:27 AM
Janerixon

Quote:
Originally Posted by inferno272 View Post
I think the problem w/ Avery is hes known for being a diver. Its something I HATE in the game and i think Avery has toned it down a bit, but still dives a lot. when a player dives as much as he does, its really hard to know when its a crosscheck that was legit, or a light bump that he embellished.

Avery has nobody to blame buy himself.

You think Avery would have got the same call Prucha got on the pure hustle play? probably not.
if you think avery didn't get the call because the refs thought it was a dive, then its a shame they didn't call them both for a crosscheck and avery on the dive, it looked like avery got leveled from behind, didnt look like a dive to me at all

im sorry i just think the refs havent been calling it both ways and with the way the new nhl is set up so you live and die by the penalties, its frustrating to fans who can see their team never get any calls they should

Janerixon is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
03-04-2007, 06:01 AM
Chimp

I'm quite positive Weekes also would have got the job done tonight if he could have played.

Chimp is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
03-04-2007, 07:01 AM
Briannj1970

Quote:
Originally Posted by Chimp View Post
I'm quite positive Weekes also would have got the job done tonight if he could have played.
I don't know about that. St. Louis had no book on Valliquette the way they do on Weekes. Even taking the shootout into consideration, all they had to go by is just what they saw for 65 minutes and I don't think anyone could make heads or tails of the kid's style.

Briannj1970 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
03-04-2007, 09:16 AM
GarretJoseph*

Avery is God.

GarretJoseph* is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
03-04-2007, 12:19 PM
WheresBarnaby

Good game, I was also there. Started out like crap obviously as soon as I saw Valiquette in net, I thought it was a gauranteed loss. The horrible first goal, confirmed that as did going down 2-0. Of course from the third period onward, got real interesting. The crowd was so-so, until the third. Definetly not like a night game, ALOT of kids, but that's to be expected. Anyway it was fun LET'S GO RANGERS!!!!!!!!

WheresBarnaby is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
03-04-2007, 06:54 PM
True Blue Bleed Blue

I liked how the lines turned out:
Isbister-Nylander-Jagr
Hossa-Immonen-Prucha
Avery-Cullen-Ortmeyer
Hollweg-Betts-Orr

True Blue Bleed Blue is offline   Reply With Quote