HFBoards

Go Back   HFBoards > NHL Eastern Conference > Metropolitan Division > New York Rangers
Mobile Hockey's Future Become a Sponsor Site Rules Support Forum vBookie Page 2
Notices

GDT | March 3rd | Wolf Pack @ Philly | PACK WIN 3-2 SO

Old
03-03-2007, 07:38 PM
Inferno
HFB Partner

vCash: 500
jeez, is that the packs 10th penalty or something?

Inferno is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
03-03-2007, 07:39 PM
Inferno
HFB Partner

doobie doobie doo..

Old
03-03-2007, 07:40 PM
FLYLine24*

Dubinsky shorthanded!!

2-2!

Dubi knocks the puck off the defensemans stick, flys up the wing on a 2 on 2, cuts to the middle of the ice..shoots and scores!

FLYLine24* is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
Ola

Thats a nice move by Dubi. Looks like he have studied Jagr some!

Ola is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
jas
Unsatisfied

AWESOME SHer from Dubi!!

jas is online now   Reply With Quote
Old
03-03-2007, 07:41 PM
NYR_Geoff1

Send a message via AIM to NYR_Geoff1
Great goal!!

Reminded me of a Jagr type goal... comes right through the middle and puts a wrister past the goalie...

How about a Hat Trick!!? Even Strength goal gives him the cycle too! hehe

NYR_Geoff1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
03-03-2007, 07:45 PM
FLYLine24*

Period 2 over, down 2-0 to start it but Dubinsky scores 2 to even it up.

Hopefully the pack have a big 3rd period.

Old
03-03-2007, 07:48 PM
jas
Unsatisfied

Korpi, Dubi and Dawes have been the most impressive of the forwards, although Cally have a nice wraparound attempt, while Moore and Helminen looked good on the PK. Baranka looks very strong and mean. Montoya has had some shaky moments, from what I've seen. This team finishes its checks, and is very aggressive both with and on the puck.

Old
03-03-2007, 07:48 PM
Pizza

Quote:
Originally Posted by FLYLine88 View Post
Are you getting the same horrible broadcast I am online..the one that doesn't show replays and has a drunk on the camera?

Pizza is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
03-03-2007, 07:50 PM
Pizza

Quote:
Originally Posted by jas View Post
Korpi, Dubi and Dawes have been the most impressive of the forwards, although Cally have a nice wraparound attempt, while Moore and Helminen looked good on the PK. Baranka looks very strong and mean. Montoya has had some shaky moments, from what I've seen. This team finishes its checks, and is very aggressive both with and on the puck.
Really good to hear that Baranka is doing well. I have hopes he makes the big squad next year.

Old
03-03-2007, 07:57 PM
jas
Unsatisfied

Quote:
Originally Posted by Pizza View Post
Really good to hear that Baranka is doing well. I have hopes he makes the big squad next year.
Just watching him is impressive. He's big, mobile and mean. Put him next to Rozsival, and trade Malik.

Old
03-03-2007, 08:08 PM
dank

Quote:
Originally Posted by jas View Post
Just watching him is impressive. He's big, mobile and mean. Put him next to Rozsival, and trade Malik.
you kidding me? Baranka is only 6'3", while Malik is 6'6" and being a huge guy he uses his body alot/well..

i hope the only reason he didn't make it to the team this year was because the contracts we have are so bloated that we couldn't do anything about them, not because he's no better than Ward/Malik/Rachunek, et al.

dank is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
03-03-2007, 08:14 PM
BrooklynRangersFan
Change is good.

Update? How much time left? Who's carrying the play?

BrooklynRangersFan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
03-03-2007, 08:17 PM
FLYLine24*

2-2 still, about 12 minutes left. Pack PP coming up. Play has been back and forth.

Old
03-03-2007, 08:17 PM
Ola

I am off to bed guys, hopefully the kids can pull off a second win for the org, they are looking good.

Here are some notes on the players:

Montoya are looking solid. Defenitly developing well down there. There is big diffrence between Al this season and early last season. This kid is a great asset.

Great to see Potter for the first time, haven't shown much defensivly which is supposed to be his strength since he haven't been challenged much, but he moves the puck well, which is essential for a D with intentions to make it to the NHL these days. Potter is a very interesting prospect, especially if he can add some strength.

Its obvious why Korpikoskis numbers have been better lately. He have defenitly picked it up a notch, getting involved more. Its good to see him getting some time at center too, don't think he got a future there, but its great to have wingers that can help out centers in the transition game, either if that winger plays with a center who is flawed in the transition game, or just if they have been forced to change positions during the shift.

Haven't seen much of Bourret, which is kind of dissapointing. No offense, he practically aren't getting involved at all with the puck. Not writing him off though, he is on a new team and all. Though youd like to see some more initiatives. I guess its a transformation to go from a "normal" AHL team to HFD. Look at Philly for example. They "collapse" and form a 5 man wall infront of their own goalie, lets HFD gain the zone and take one shot, and when they win the puck they just sets off in straight lines. If you got decent raw skills you will get offensive breaks for free playing that way. The negative side is of course that if you play defense like that against a good team they will take advantage of it. HFD defends with less people on the defensive side of the puck, plays much more like most teams in the NHL does, the diffrent is that the wingers and center often are gooing back the wrong way when you win the puck, and it takes much more hockeysense and puckskills to create a fast break.

Dubinsky is strong like a bull. Sometimes it looks like he got no angle to drive to the net, despite that he manage to just drive infront of a D and go to the net. In that aspect -- drving to the net and getting of shots -- he have impressed me, but I would like to see more playmaking from him. Thats dissapointing... Not good. He must be able to create more with his passing game.

Dawes aren't dominating, he have not developed from last season and aren't on track to the NHL. He is defenitly on the outside looking in. He must become faster, and that isn't easy since he doesn't have any flaws in his skating, there aren't some aspect he can "fix" fast. Right now I would bet on that he will be a career AHLer. He got so many great aspects in his game, though its so tough for a kid his size to get anywere when you don't have outstanding top speed.

Byers are holding his own in a nice way. Sees the ice pretty well, though while beeing a hardnosed player, he arne't that physical. He doesn't make many big hits ect.

Baranka are the top D in HFD right now, he have looked more involved offensivly tonight then I've seen him in the past. Thats good. Though, the AHL aren't the perfect place to develop for a puckmoving D.

Finally, I almost forgot about Callahan. He have had about 5 shots on the night, taken the puck to the net to a few times and stuff like that. But he defenitly doesn't look like he is the 2nd highest scorer in the AHL. If this were the first time I saw of Callahan and didn't know about his stats Id had nothing but positive things to say about him. Though we should expect too much.

Old
03-03-2007, 08:19 PM
Pizza

How's Jessiman looking tonight?

Old
03-03-2007, 08:24 PM
Pizza

Thanks Ola. I put my post up and see you have a whole analysis up. Thanks for all the info. I've been thinking the same thing about Dawes. He really does seem to be on the outside looking in.

Now watch, he'll score the GWG, LOL.

Old
03-03-2007, 08:31 PM
FLYLine24*

Richter hit the post, 3 minutes left.

Old
03-03-2007, 08:33 PM
NYR_Geoff1

Jessiman looks like a monster out there... how come he can't take advantage of his size?!

PP Wolfpack coming up.... good chance to win it here

Old
03-03-2007, 08:33 PM
FLYLine24*

Powerplay pack, 45 seconds left in the 3rd.

Old
03-03-2007, 08:35 PM
NYR_Geoff1

Overtime coming up...

Old
03-03-2007, 08:35 PM
Ola

Quote:
Originally Posted by Pizza View Post
How's Jessiman looking tonight?
No problem. He is defenitly looking like he belongs in the AHL. Still allot more is to be desired if he got intentions to contribute in the NHL.

He have to learn to shield the puck, to use his strength to hold on to the puck. He just arne't able to use his size to his advantage...

Old
03-03-2007, 08:38 PM
BrooklynRangersFan
Change is good.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ola View Post
No problem. He is defenitly looking like he belongs in the AHL. Still allot more is to be desired if he got intentions to contribute in the NHL.

He have to learn to shield the puck, to use his strength to hold on to the puck. He just arne't able to use his size to his advantage...
He's 6'5" and 22. I'm willing to be patient.

Especially since it seems like his game has taken a step forward in 2007.

BrooklynRangersFan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
03-03-2007, 08:42 PM
Inferno
HFB Partner

whew, monty just saved our ***** there.

Old
03-03-2007, 08:43 PM
FLYLine24*

Montoya with the big breakaway save in OT!

Shootout time!