HFBoards

Go Back   HFBoards > NHL Eastern Conference > Metropolitan Division > New York Rangers
Notices

Our Prospects. If you could pick only seven...

Old
03-03-2007, 08:50 PM
BrooklynRangersFan
Change is good.

vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by dank View Post
oh i definitely agree with you on that attachment vs. asset management situation. at this point i dont know much about these players besides for what i hear, maybe a picture, etc; they are mostly ideas rather than players.

i'm just saying that somehow i feel like they'll be undervalued and traded away, not pan out, or bad injuries.. pessimism..
That's the nice thing about having so many - portfolio theory says you'll get at least SOME players out of the mix.

I also think that Rangers prospects suffer from the same stigma that Yankees prospects suffer from - unless they're insanely obvious superstars in waiting, they get undervalued due to the fact that their rights are owned by the team everyone loves to hate. For example, did anyone predict Cano, Wang or Cabrera as potential future all-stars? You hardly heard about them - the only one who's gotten any hype in the last ten years is Hughes. And yet... Wang is now the ace, Cano was #4 in batting average last year and Cabrera is so good that he's forcing Bernie into an early retirement. Same holds true for Rangers prospects outside of Staal. I hope that means that Korpi et. al. can be our Cano et. al.

BrooklynRangersFan is online now   Reply With Quote
Old
03-03-2007, 09:16 PM
True Blue Bleed Blue

Staal, Jessiman, Byers, Dawes, Callahan, Sanguinetti, Baranka

True Blue Bleed Blue is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
03-03-2007, 09:24 PM
DarthSather99

Quote:
Originally Posted by BrooklynRangersFan View Post
D: Staal, Sauer, Sanguinetti
C: Anisimov, Dubinsky
W: Korpikoski, Jessiman

I didn't include Montoya, because both he and Lundqvist won't be on the team at the same time and I can't determine where the assets we get back in a deal would fit without knowing who/what they are.

Wow, the wonderful thing about this exercise is that it reinforces just how full our cupboard is... Could we change it to top 10 so that I can include Bourret, Baranka and Pyatt? How about top 15?

this would be my picks ...

DarthSather99 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
03-03-2007, 09:48 PM
I Am Chariot
One shift at a time

LOL Everybodys top 7 leaves out a few excellent players.

The future looks bright on Broadway!

Staal, Sauer, Sanguinetti, Korpikoski, Dubinsky, Anismov, Callahan

I Am Chariot is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
03-03-2007, 10:21 PM
jas
Unsatisfied

Just to fuel more discussion, after watching tonight's game, it's clear to me that Dubinsky, Korpikoski and Baranka are all NHL players. Korpi just does it all, and plays such a smart game; Dubi's got an NHL skill level, (not just the two goals and SO winner, but he also made a SWEET cross-goal mouth pass that should have been tapped home on one the PPs in the 3rd period); and Baranka is everything you'd want out of a D-man - big, tough, mobile and mean.

jas is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
03-03-2007, 10:33 PM
FLYLine24*

Quote:
Originally Posted by cycleandshoot View Post
LOL Everybodys top 7 leaves out a few excellent players.

The future looks bright on Broadway!

Staal, Sauer, Sanguinetti, Korpikoski, Dubinsky, Anismov, Callahan

Definitely a good thing.

FLYLine24* is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
03-03-2007, 10:42 PM
DarthSather99

Quote:
Originally Posted by FLYLine88 View Post
Definitely a good thing.
we could never fit all these guys on the team. Eventually we should trade a few for a high end offensive forward.

The top 7-8 should not be traded ...that will be our core to build on ....

DarthSather99 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
03-04-2007, 12:32 AM
Zil

Staal, Dubinsky, Anisimov, Sanguinetti, Pyatt, Dawes, and Montoya.

Zil is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
03-04-2007, 12:59 AM
Pizza

Quote:
Originally Posted by jas View Post
Just to fuel more discussion, after watching tonight's game, it's clear to me that Dubinsky, Korpikoski and Baranka are all NHL players. Korpi just does it all, and plays such a smart game; Dubi's got an NHL skill level, (not just the two goals and SO winner, but he also made a SWEET cross-goal mouth pass that should have been tapped home on one the PPs in the 3rd period); and Baranka is everything you'd want out of a D-man - big, tough, mobile and mean.
Yeah I was laughing to myself about this as I listened to the Pack game. I leave Dubi out of my top seven and he goes out and has a stellar game. Pretty funny.

By the way, I thought it was Jessiman that scored the winner in the shoot out.

Also something Ola wrote tonight that I find myself nodding my head to. Dawes seems to have slipped this year. I'm wondering if he'll be left behind. It seems as if his development is stalling a little.

Pizza is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
03-04-2007, 02:30 AM
ATLANTARANGER*

Gee, we can't even agree on 7 prospects. Imagine if we had a scouting staff. wanted! Good thing they stink.

ATLANTARANGER* is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
03-04-2007, 06:18 AM
eco's bones

I'll break it down another way. I expect Callahan, Baranka and Montoya to be on the Rangers out of training camp next year. They are better than AHL players. Staal, Dubinsky, Korpikoski, Dawes and maybe even Bourret and Byers to put in strong challenges for spots. Three new guys coming into the system that I'll be watching most closely are Pyatt, Dupont and Sauer and there's Anisimov if he's signed.

A couple other things--Baranka and Sauer strike me as similar players--Baranka has gone through the development. Bourret could be a huge steal for us if he develops. The team is getting better prospects with more sandpaper. Dupont size and toughness looks to be another. Dubinsky, Byers. MSG ran a clip on Pyatt on one of its pre-games recently--very excited about him too.

eco's bones is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
03-04-2007, 06:22 AM
jas
Unsatisfied

Quote:
Originally Posted by Pizza View Post
Yeah I was laughing to myself about this as I listened to the Pack game. I leave Dubi out of my top seven and he goes out and has a stellar game. Pretty funny.

By the way, I thought it was Jessiman that scored the winner in the shoot out.

Also something Ola wrote tonight that I find myself nodding my head to. Dawes seems to have slipped this year. I'm wondering if he'll be left behind. It seems as if his development is stalling a little.

Depends upon what you call the winner - Jessiman's goal ice the win, Dubi's put the Pack ahead for good.

Another thing, no wonder Sauer is so vastly under-rated. Rangers fans themselves are overlooking the kid in this informal poll. Sauer is the at least the 2nd best defensive prospect we have, and people are putting players like Pyatt, Dawes and Callahan ahead of him.

Old
03-04-2007, 06:28 AM
jas
Unsatisfied

Quote:
Originally Posted by eco's bones View Post
I'll break it down another way. I expect Callahan, Baranka and Montoya to be on the Rangers out of training camp next year. They are better than AHL players. Staal, Dubinsky, Korpikoski, Dawes and maybe even Bourret and Byers to put in strong challenges for spots. Three new guys coming into the system that I'll be watching most closely are Pyatt, Dupont and Sauer and there's Anisimov if he's signed.

A couple other things--Baranka and Sauer strike me as similar players--Baranka has gone through the development. Bourret could be a huge steal for us if he develops. The team is getting better prospects with more sandpaper. Dupont size and toughness looks to be another. Dubinsky, Byers. MSG ran a clip on Pyatt on one of its pre-games recently--very excited about him too.
I think Dawes' days in the organization are numbered. The acquisition of Bourret just affirms that belief. With Hossa developing his game, and Prucha continuing to battle, I just don't see a place for him in NY, since Callahan is a better fit on the 3rd line. And, now in Hartford, with the arrival of Bourret, (a better top six prospect), the return of Jessiman, and potential additions next year, such as Dupont, Pyatt, Olver and Anisimov, and the possible promotions of Bahensky and Graham, Dawes is clearly expendable.

Old
03-04-2007, 08:16 AM
Anthony Mauro
HFBoards Sponsor

Quote:
I think Dawes' days in the organization are numbered. The acquisition of Bourret just affirms that belief. With Hossa developing his game, and Prucha continuing to battle, I just don't see a place for him in NY, since Callahan is a better fit on the 3rd line. And, now in Hartford, with the arrival of Bourret, (a better top six prospect), the return of Jessiman, and potential additions next year, such as Dupont, Pyatt, Olver and Anisimov, and the possible promotions of Bahensky and Graham, Dawes is clearly expendable.
I could see Dawes going on draft day.

WEB - http://www.draftbuzzhockey.com
TWITTER - https://twitter.com/draftbuzzhockey
Anthony Mauro is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
03-04-2007, 08:18 AM
Anthony Mauro
HFBoards Sponsor

Since draft threads rarely survive for more than two days here, I think we really need to get a goalie in the later rounds of this upcoming draft if not two. There are some who can surprise this year who won't necessarily be ranked high.

Old
03-04-2007, 08:19 AM
Anthony Mauro
HFBoards Sponsor

Top Seven:

Staal, Montoya, Korpikoski, Pyatt, Baranka, Dubinsky, Sauer

Old
03-04-2007, 09:14 AM
eco's bones

Quote:

It wouldn't surprise me that Dawes goes elsewhere. I'm not sure that Immonen is going to be around either--he looks to me to be a player who is going to be passed on by--first by Dubinsky and then by Pyatt or even Russell if he turns into a Prucha type of player who he is often compared to. Anisimov will probably be a couple more years down the road. Bahensky has got to be signed to an NHL contract still. He's on an AHL. I'm not all that high on him. He's had a so so year in the ECHL. He's 4th line material at best IMO. Potter is on an AHL contract too. Between him and Potter I like Potter better.

eco's bones is offline   Reply With Quote