HFBoards

Go Back   HFBoards > NHL Eastern Conference > Atlantic Division > Detroit Red Wings
Mobile Hockey's Future Become a Sponsor Site Rules Support Forum vBookie Page 2
Notices

Wings making progress with Datsyuk

Old
02-28-2007, 11:59 AM
Fugu

vCash:
Quote:
Originally Posted by MotownMadman View Post
Will the Acquisition of Bertuzzi have any influence on re-signing Datsyuk? I'm not sure, but I can see how it might allow Holland to bring down Pasha's asking price, if Datsyuk does want to stay in Detroit. If Bert is healthy and contributes during the playoffs, the Wings might want to retain him at least through next season, which leaves less money for Dats. And, if Dats has his typical playoffs, Holland could say "I'd like to keep you, but did you see what Bertuzzi did? I can't just let that walk. We really want to keep you, especially because of how well you and Hank play together, but we can't do it at the price you want."

I think Holland might even be able to extend some pressure now on the possibility that Bertuzzi will be an important player for the Wings in the playoffs.

Any thoughts?
Yup, was thinking along the same lines when Kenny dissected the trade deal for us on TV. If you get a guy like Bert in a trade, you probably do have an eye towards keeping him beyond the current year. If you don't, it just means you have to go and fill that spot again. So either with- or without Bert, a top forward spot goes to a scorer w/physical presence. If Bert has a good playoff run, it will be pretty easy for Kenny to point to that as being a... shall we call it.... rather important metric for a player's worth? Holland should still have some room though as the Lang and Schneider contracts can come off the books. We shouldn't have to go UFA to replace Lang, although we may need another D man.

Old
02-28-2007, 12:24 PM
Syndrome
get off my lawn!!1!

vCash: 500
Maybe it's a bias, but I wasn't all that impressed with the way Dats played last night without Hank. Maybe he was pressing, thinking he had to "do more". And I still think he's a big, uh, kitten, when it comes to going into the corners.

Syndrome is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
02-28-2007, 12:55 PM
MotownMadman

Quote:
Originally Posted by Syndrome View Post
Maybe it's a bias, but I wasn't all that impressed with the way Dats played last night without Hank. Maybe he was pressing, thinking he had to "do more". And I still think he's a big, uh, kitten, when it comes to going into the corners.
Maybe Babcock should have catnip pumped into the visiting team's locker room at the Joe.

MotownMadman is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
02-28-2007, 12:58 PM
octopi

Quote:
Originally Posted by kira View Post
As long as he stays...he wants to, we want him to stay...if we can get him under contract, I say good job.
Yeah, we wan him to stay, but not at any cost. Got a salary cap to fit guys under. Plus, I'm sure a large contract for Dats would set precedent for a massive one for Zetts in a few years....

octopi is online now   Reply With Quote
Old
03-04-2007, 03:15 AM
TOPGUN
I Am Terrible!

Update!

http://www.mlive.com/redwings/storie...l=1&thispage=2

Quote:
Gary Greenstin, the agent for Pavel Datsyuk, believes they are making progress in contract talks.

"We're in the same boat as the Detroit Red Wings,'' Greenstin said. "I'm very confident Pavel Datsyuk will stay in this organization.''

Calgary's Alex Tanguay, whose statistics are comparable to Datsyuk's, signed a three-year deal for $5.25 million a season last summer.

Holland has also started talks with Kirk Maltby's agent, Anton Thun.

"I wouldn't say we're close or far; we're going through a due diligence process and will have further conversations,'' Thun said.
Personally I can live with a salary around $5.25 million a season! You guys?

TOPGUN is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
03-04-2007, 03:51 AM
14ari13

Quote:
Originally Posted by CuJo#31 View Post
http://www.mlive.com/redwings/storie...l=1&thispage=2

Personally I can live with a salary around $5.25 million a season! You guys?
I can live with 5,5 easily, but over that is the question.

14ari13 is offline   Reply With Quote