HFBoards

Go Back   HFBoards > NHL Eastern Conference > Metropolitan Division > New York Rangers
Mobile Hockey's Future Become a Sponsor Site Rules Support Forum vBookie Page 2
Notices

Why does Renney love Malik so much?

Old
03-01-2007, 04:25 PM
chosen

vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by The Thomas J. View Post
I think Pock has played real well at times, he takes the body and shoots the puck, leads the rush. I think his poor play is because Rachunek is so bad.

we are going to lose Pock in the off season and you watch how good he will become once he signs with a team that will play him on a regular basis.

Anither typical mis-handling of a young player by the Ranger orginization.
I have nothing personal against Pock but I think it's more likely that he is out of the NHL within 2 years.

chosen is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
03-02-2007, 10:10 AM
chosen

Well, Malik was plus 2, leading the Rangers once again. But it's all his fault, right?

chosen is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
03-02-2007, 10:19 AM
94now

Quote:
Originally Posted by chosen View Post
Accept the good things a player brings and stop harping on the same bull over and over .
Thank you very much. Can I use the above fragment as my signature?

94now is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
03-02-2007, 10:21 AM
Finest
Puck Fittsburg

Quote:
Well, Malik was plus 2, leading the Rangers once again. But it's all his fault, right?
duh! yeah!

Finest is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
03-02-2007, 01:17 PM
NYRSinceBirth

No, Malik isn't the problem. He might not be perfect or the best, but he's ideal, and the best we got we got. Give him an A? I don't think so, Ortmeyer probably should gotten it, but it's not up to me ot decide team dynamic, so I'll stop that argument. Rachunek and Rosival are really getting under my skin. Giving up on plays, taking terrible angles, never hitting, passing constantly, and when they shoot,t hey miss the net.

NYRSinceBirth is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
03-02-2007, 03:44 PM
bar down*

Send a message via AIM to bar down*
Quote:
Originally Posted by lotus View Post
I'm not as anti-malik as some people but I would have preferred seeing that A on Ortmeyer. Hard working guy who communicates with his teammates, I don't give a crap if he doesn't produce numbers, he takes a puck up high for the team night after night.

completely agree

bar down* is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
03-02-2007, 03:57 PM
NYROrtsFan

Agree on Ortmeyer but imo, it had to do with Malik catching a lot of crap although not being that bad. When you get booed that much, confidence definitely gets hit so Renney did the smart thing and took the oppurtunity to throw the A on him.

Thought it was a good move..

Generally however, definitely agree with Orts getting the A. And think he should at some point to be honest.

NYROrtsFan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
03-03-2007, 08:37 PM
True Blue Bleed Blue

Because he doesn't hit

True Blue Bleed Blue is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
03-03-2007, 08:46 PM
Whoot Whoot
Biased-NYR-Homer

I thought he played well, especially the soccer kick was funny.

Whoot Whoot is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
03-04-2007, 03:26 AM
ATLANTARANGER*

It woul dnot be the 1st time that the balcony gods booed a player out of town. Allan Stanley was one such player. They booed him so much he was shipped to toronto and played on 4 cup teams in the 60's and if that wasn't bad enough he ended up in the HOF. Now do the balcony gods know a hockey player when they see one?

Malik gets booed because he is not a big bruising dman. Fans look at the size and think he should be a banger. He's not. Never has been and never will be. When he is playing well he is good positional dman. Makes smart outlet passes and does well under pressure in his own end. Doesn't panick with the puck.

He's played well of late, yet some fans and many posters on here refuse to acknowledge the improved play. They get their panties all in a wad over him. He's a fill in until the kids like Staal and Sauer and Baranka are deemed ready for the prime time. Evryone likes to point how easy it is to get a plus playing with Jagr's line. But these same asute fans mistakenly look at Jagr's line as Selke canidates. Starka is the only one that plays reasonablly well in his own end. Jagr has never disliked a blueline that he could stand on. So essentially Malik is constanly playing a man down in his own end when ever he is on with Jagr. So in my mine they kind of balance out.

I criticize when I think it is deserved. I give credit where and when credit is do. Malik has improved his game since the early part of the year. It is not a coincidence that we have a better record when he's in the lineup vs when he is out. He is far from my idea type of dman. I recognize what he brings to the team. Did we pay more contract wise? Yes. But that is the world of UFA.

ATLANTARANGER* is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
03-04-2007, 04:12 AM
The Thomas J.*

Quote:
Originally Posted by ATLANTARANGER View Post
It woul dnot be the 1st time that the balcony gods booed a player out of town. Allan Stanley was one such player. They booed him so much he was shipped to toronto and played on 4 cup teams in the 60's and if that wasn't bad enough he ended up in the HOF. Now do the balcony gods know a hockey player when they see one?

Malik gets booed because he is not a big bruising dman. Fans look at the size and think he should be a banger. He's not. Never has been and never will be. When he is playing well he is good positional dman. Makes smart outlet passes and does well under pressure in his own end. Doesn't panick with the puck.

He's played well of late, yet some fans and many posters on here refuse to acknowledge the improved play. They get their panties all in a wad over him. He's a fill in until the kids like Staal and Sauer and Baranka are deemed ready for the prime time. Evryone likes to point how easy it is to get a plus playing with Jagr's line. But these same asute fans mistakenly look at Jagr's line as Selke canidates. Starka is the only one that plays reasonablly well in his own end. Jagr has never disliked a blueline that he could stand on. So essentially Malik is constanly playing a man down in his own end when ever he is on with Jagr. So in my mine they kind of balance out.

I criticize when I think it is deserved. I give credit where and when credit is do. Malik has improved his game since the early part of the year. It is not a coincidence that we have a better record when he's in the lineup vs when he is out. He is far from my idea type of dman. I recognize what he brings to the team. Did we pay more contract wise? Yes. But that is the world of UFA.

Well said, well said indeed.

The Thomas J.* is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
03-04-2007, 04:16 AM
The Thomas J.*

Quote:
I have nothing personal against Pock but I think it's more likely that he is out of the NHL within 2 years.

I've seen quite a bit of Pock since they signed him way back when & hes always stood out in my eyes. He should have a decent career.

The Thomas J.* is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
03-04-2007, 07:13 AM
RangersFan

Send a message via AIM to RangersFan Send a message via MSN to RangersFan
imo it's Renney problem with being disliked by his players. Renney strikes as someone who really cares what his players think of him, and benching Malik may be the unpopular move in the clubhouse eventhough it might be the right move at this point. it's a shame we have to put up with one gutless coach after another here in NY who cares more about what other think of him rather than doing what's right in the end. wish we never fired Colin Campbell.

RangersFan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
03-04-2007, 10:11 AM
AXN

Malik is a good defenseman.

AXN is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
03-04-2007, 10:13 AM
GarretJoseph*

Malik is playing well lately. Should ease off him imo.

GarretJoseph* is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
03-04-2007, 11:05 AM
jas
Unsatisfied

Quote:
Originally Posted by RangersFan View Post
imo it's Renney problem with being disliked by his players. Renney strikes as someone who really cares what his players think of him, and benching Malik may be the unpopular move in the clubhouse eventhough it might be the right move at this point. it's a shame we have to put up with one gutless coach after another here in NY who cares more about what other think of him rather than doing what's right in the end. wish we never fired Colin Campbell.
Yes, because THERE was a guy who understood how to develop talent, especially European young talent.

jas is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
03-04-2007, 11:35 AM
Garv23

Quote:
Originally Posted by NYROrtsFan View Post
Agree on Ortmeyer but imo, it had to do with Malik catching a lot of crap although not being that bad. When you get booed that much, confidence definitely gets hit so Renney did the smart thing and took the oppurtunity to throw the A on him.

Thought it was a good move..
I definately agree with you here. Booing is certainly not a confidence booster and Renney did the right thing. I personaly hate the style he plays for his size but he does move the puck well. Especially lately. Plus he's playing with a bad shoulder which shows heart. Players love the guy too. If you're going to boo, boo the whole team.

Garv23 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
03-04-2007, 04:57 PM
True Blue

Quote:
Originally Posted by ATLANTARANGER View Post
Malik gets booed because he is not a big bruising dman.
Ahh yes. The usual excuse. No one cares if Malik can hit or not hit. The only thing matter is ability to be a defenseman. And the fact is that for most of the year, he has been no better than a #7 defenseman. THAT is why he gets booed.

True Blue is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
03-04-2007, 06:09 PM
Scotty Hockey

Quote:
Originally Posted by True Blue View Post
Ahh yes. The usual excuse. No one cares if Malik can hit or not hit. The only thing matter is ability to be a defenseman. And the fact is that for most of the year, he has been no better than a #7 defenseman. THAT is why he gets booed.
I absolutely agree. He is poor positionally, gives opponents too much room and has the foot speed of someone running through wet cement.

Scotty Hockey is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
03-08-2007, 10:55 PM
True Blue Bleed Blue

Bottom line is....as many people say about Orr....you simply cannot be that slow....and on top of it...this guy is that soft!

True Blue Bleed Blue is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
03-10-2007, 02:02 PM
Scotty Hockey

For as much as I hate him, I have to give it up to him for a great first period just now vs. the Pens.

Scotty Hockey is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
03-10-2007, 02:07 PM
in the hall

I'm not reading all of this.. i know there's going to be one fan lecturing us on how good malik has REALLY been.. as if we don't watch games :

malik has been bad this year, he's gone from absolutely abysmal to frustratingly bad and a lot is because Renney puts him in situations that he shouldn't be in.. anyway i will admit he's been tolerable lately, and yes he had a very good first period just now but i don't really care because by now we should know what to expect over a full season and it doesnt make me love him

in the hall is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
03-10-2007, 07:51 PM
RangersMoogle

Send a message via AIM to RangersMoogle Send a message via MSN to RangersMoogle
He's a solid defensive defenseman. I've got no complaints about him.

RangersMoogle is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
03-10-2007, 09:43 PM
Sky Valley

Send a message via AIM to Sky Valley
He's not all bad all the time, but he lapses too often and isn't phyical enough. I wouldn't mind him as a bottom pairing type of guy, but there's too many Rangers I could say that about right now.

And by the way:

This is ludicris.

Sky Valley is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
03-11-2007, 01:04 PM
TUQ

Quote:
Originally Posted by sstranged View Post
I absolutely agree. He is poor positionally, gives opponents too much room and has the foot speed of someone running through wet cement.
Poor positionaly ? I think this is exactly one of two of his strenghes as a defenseman ... he is good positionaly and this way he makes up for his lack of speed IMHO.

TUQ is offline   Reply With Quote