HFBoards

Go Back   HFBoards > NHL Western Conference > Pacific Division > Edmonton Oilers
Mobile Hockey's Future Become a Sponsor Site Rules Support Forum vBookie Page 2
Notices

Moose as GM or Coach?

Old
03-04-2007, 06:32 PM
Oil

vCash: 500
Send a message via AIM to Oil Send a message via MSN to Oil Send a message via Yahoo to Oil
Quote:
Originally Posted by metallicat View Post
I bet Messier's desire to move back to Edmonton is about nil.
Sadly, I agree. If he takes up any role with an NHL team I reckon it'll be with the Rangers. As much as we love to think of him as an Oiler, I think he thinks of himself as a Ranger.

Oil is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
03-04-2007, 06:34 PM
Soundwave

vCash: 500
You never know though, I think he's enjoyed his time here.

Long term I do think his goal is that NYR GM job, but he needs some experience first to get there. I think he could start here perhaps as an assitant.

With him in NY, and Sather there too, there would always be that drama hanging over him that he wants to take Slats' job.

Soundwave is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
03-04-2007, 07:00 PM
Game 8

vCash: 50
Quote:
Originally Posted by The Human Torch View Post
the esks have been on a steady decline for about the last half-decade. prior to about the late 1990's they were THE model franchise of the CFL. however, their botched handling of ron lancaster and then don matthews, the ill-advised promotion of tom higgins and then danny maciocia to head coach, and a few years of VERY questionable trading/hiring/recruitment practices have left a huge black smear on the organization.

right, until last year they had still done OK on the field, but if you can ask an insider (which I have) they'll likely tell you that the head office has been a huge s**tshow for years now.

Their record stands for itself, unparalleled in professional sports. As for the comparison to the Oilers they as well have an unparalleled record since entering the league. They will be great again after this rebuilding stage ( if you like I will take the time to explain this) I actually hope we stay in the tank for a few years rather than trying to create a quick fix. Its great to through out volleys of discontent on these boards but please at least do a little homework!

Game 8 is offline   Reply With Quote