HFBoards

Go Back   HFBoards > NHL Eastern Conference > Metropolitan Division > New York Rangers
Notices

Ref complaining: A catch-all thread!

Old
03-04-2007, 06:35 PM
DutchShamrock

vCash: 500
One of the replays shows the trailing ref looking right at the Jansen hit. 3 games is horribly insufficient. If that was from another team you are looking at double the games in the minimum.

DutchShamrock is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
03-04-2007, 07:34 PM
bmoak

Quote:
Originally Posted by motime42 View Post
Did anyone see Nylander get a stick to the face with blood? They should have finished OT on a 4-3 powerplay. Awful missed call
I think that one was missed because neither ref had a clear unobstructed view of the play. More unfortunate than incompetent.

I wish refs would call interference (picks), elbowing, and boarding with the same judiciousness and consistency that they call hooks and slashes. It especially burns me when a stick-on-stick hook or or slash is called as a penalty.

On an related note, the Devils have the fewest times shorthanded in the NHL by a large margin (as do the Lowell Devils in the AHL). The Devils have a TSH of 221, 39 times fewer than the 2nd place team (Tampa Bay). Only 4 teams have been shorthanded fewer than 300 times so far(NJD, TBL, SJS, and MIN).

Evryone knows the Rangers are a horribly undisciplined team that always takes bad penalties, right?
The Rangers have the 8th fewest TSH, with their total of 313 being well below the league average of 325 (which is skewed lower than it should be because of the Devils' extremely low total.

bmoak is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
03-04-2007, 08:16 PM
John Torturella

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mugerya View Post
One of the replays shows the trailing ref looking right at the Jansen hit. 3 games is horribly insufficient. If that was from another team you are looking at double the games in the minimum.
I still find it funny that the Devils announcers dont think Janssen was trying to hurt that guy

John Torturella is offline   Reply With Quote