HFBoards

Go Back   HFBoards > NHL Eastern Conference > Metropolitan Division > New York Rangers
Mobile Hockey's Future Become a Sponsor Site Rules Support Forum vBookie Page 2
Notices

Ryan Hollweg & Jed Ortmeyer autograph event

Old
03-04-2007, 05:15 PM
cityhockeyfever

vCash: 500
Ryan Hollweg & Jed Ortmeyer autograph event

Did anyone go to today's autograph event American Legends in Scarsdale this afternoon? Ryan Hollweg and Jed Ortmeyer were on hand to sign whatever items you had.

I'm not saying this because I'm a long-time fan, but I must tell anybody that hasn't met them yet that both Ryan and Jed are awesome. Very friendly and easy to chat with, plus they love their hockey. I spoke to both of them for about a couple of minutes and simply told them to go out and beat the crap out of the Islanders tomorrow. I also told them they still can make the playoffs and Jed said to me they will with a smile. I love that optimism on Jed's part. I then wished them both the best of luck and thanked them for signing my big New York Rangers 75-year anniversary hardover book. They did right under Mike Richter's that was already done on the inside cover.

The only regret was not having extra cash to take a photo with Ryan and Jed. I was surprised by a photographer right near me offer the opportunity to have it done, but I didn't have a choice given it was so sudden. I regret it, but I at least have their autographs.

If anyone else did go, what was your impression of Ryan and Jed? Did you like the store as well? I figured this would be a nice Rangers-related story to mention and even chat about if the interest is there.

cityhockeyfever is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
03-04-2007, 05:32 PM
FLYLine24
The Mac Truck

Would have went if I had known about it, the store is like 5 minutes from me.

FLYLine24 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
03-04-2007, 05:37 PM
I Am Chariot
One shift at a time

I know that place. Its like 5 minutes from me as well....

Oh well.

03-04-2007, 05:45 PM
cityhockeyfever

Don't sweat it. There were huge signs on the store window advertsing the event, but just to get to it, you have to go through a busy parking lot on Central Avenue and then hope you get a parking space. To some people, it's more of a pain to do all that just to get a glimpse of the store from that very busy artery that runs from Yonkers to White Plains.

I assume you both are from Scarsdale or northeast Yonkers? That area is a zoo now even for a weekday, it's insane!

Old
03-04-2007, 06:01 PM
Scotty Hockey

The guys are great and usually will take pics and give autos for free after games if you wait outside the Garden by the employees entrance ... that's where I got Jed to sign my jersey ...

Scotty Hockey is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
03-04-2007, 06:22 PM
Petemo

Quote:
Originally Posted by sstranged View Post
The guys are great and usually will take pics and give autos for free after games if you wait outside the Garden by the employees entrance ... that's where I got Jed to sign my jersey ...
Yeah, you have to pick a good time to wait though, when there is 100 or so people outside its not worth being a dick and pushing people.

I usually wait after a night game and a loss haha, after a loss people dont want to wait around and at night the little kids have to go home to bed.

And wait by the big HDNet/MSG trucks before/after the game. I've gotten Hossa, Jagr, Malik, Henrik, and (OMG)Valiquette's over there with a max crowd of 10 people every time.

Some kid got silver pen on maliks pants, so malik takes a black marker and tries to color over it to cover it up.

hes creative.

Petemo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
03-04-2007, 06:39 PM
clmetsfan

Quote:
Originally Posted by DawgPacPBH View Post

Some kid got silver pen on maliks pants, so malik takes a black marker and tries to color over it to cover it up.

hes creative.
Did the rest of the crowd boo him for not laying a hit on the kid?

clmetsfan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
03-04-2007, 06:59 PM
Petemo

Quote:
Originally Posted by clmetsfan View Post
Did the rest of the crowd boo him for not laying a hit on the kid?
nope.

in fact when he signed for me I told him I don't boo him. he laughed.

and I don't, he doesn't deserve to be booed, its overkill.

Petemo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
03-04-2007, 07:41 PM
RangersMoogle

Send a message via AIM to RangersMoogle Send a message via MSN to RangersMoogle
Woah, wait. Ortmeyer smiled? I wasn't aware he was capable of having a facial expression other than slightly concerned look he always has on the ice.

RangersMoogle is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
03-04-2007, 08:08 PM
ECL
Very slippery slope

Send a message via AIM to ECL
Quote:
Originally Posted by Sock View Post
Woah, wait. Ortmeyer smiled? I wasn't aware he was capable of having a facial expression other than slightly concerned look he always has on the ice.
Are you serious? He's constantly smiling.

ECL is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
03-04-2007, 08:55 PM
nickrOck

i'm glad someone else posted this thread, b/c i was wondering if anyone else went..

i was there talking with them for about 15 minutes, both guys are great and so down to earth.. i took about 5 pics with them, both very willing to do so.. got 2 mini helmets, 2 8x10's and an ortmeyer jersey.. prices where'nt too bad either..

i loved the fact that they very openly talked about hockey, and did'nt try to beat around the bush.. i told them we gotta get a win tomorrow night, they both agreed.. hollweg also said they're tired of that 4 game losing streak to the isle's..

overall i wish american legends did it more often, they ran the whole thing very smoothly.. unlike stiener who ran the lundqvist signing last month like a disaster..

nickrOck is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
03-05-2007, 03:20 PM
cityhockeyfever

Great to hear you went, nickrOck. Wow, you got to chat with them for 15 minutes? I'm jealous, LOL.
That's a lot of merchandise they signed. Awesome.

The co-owners at American Legends always have done a good job in putting together these autograph events.
Unfortunately the Mike Richter one was a closed one, so no one got to meet him in person.
There was a big crowd for the Ed Giacomin signing a while back.

Bottom line in my experience yesterday was how great Ryan and Jed were.
There is this woman I'm not in contact with anymore as a Stars fan who loves Jed (especially for being from Omaha).
Too bad I won't be able to tell her this story. I can tell you one thing, it's a new-found appreciation I have for them.

Old
03-05-2007, 08:59 PM
NYRSinceBirth

I was thinking the same thing. Jed is ALWAYS smiling, especially at the end of a play when he's getting under someone's skin.

NYRSinceBirth is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
03-05-2007, 11:49 PM
nickrOck

Quote:
Originally Posted by cityhockeyfever View Post
Great to hear you went, nickrOck. Wow, you got to chat with them for 15 minutes? I'm jealous, LOL.
That's a lot of merchandise they signed. Awesome.

Bottom line in my experience yesterday was how great Ryan and Jed were.
yeah i got there about 3:30-3:45 it was empty i think i missed the initial rush.. it was cool they let us come behind the table for the pics, when i met henrik we had to stand in front of the table it was pretty crappy.. great guys i loved the fact they both dressed like normal people jeans and sneakers..

also noticed ort's jersey was the one he wore on messier retirement night and it was signed by mess.. he told an interesting story about his 1st nhl jersey.. meigrey auctioned it off, and a fan from michigan gave it to his parents.. meigrey would'nt let him keep it, thats gotta suck..

you think that was alot of stuff lol.. today i get a call from the people who ran the silent auction @ the garden last week and they tell me i won.. i'm like damnit, i thaught i lost.. now thats another chunk of change to drop, which i spent yesterday b/c i did'nt win the auction or so i thaught.! but i guess it's worth it, fedor tyutin auto/game used gloves..

i got too much autographed stuff i really need to stop..!

nickrOck is offline   Reply With Quote