HFBoards

Go Back   HFBoards > NHL Eastern Conference > Metropolitan Division > New York Rangers
Mobile Hockey's Future Become a Sponsor Site Rules Support Forum vBookie Page 2
Notices

GDT | March 4th | Pack @ Bears | PACK WIN 3-2 OT

Old
03-04-2007, 07:54 PM
FLYLine24
The Mac Truck

vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by DontStaal View Post
i'll take you up on that Fly

... at least i'll leave it so for now

FLYLine24 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
03-04-2007, 07:56 PM
Pizza

Damn, I'm sorry I missed that.

Where is Hugh Jessiman and what the hell have you done to him??

My God has this guy come back from the dead or what!?!?

Pizza is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
03-04-2007, 08:03 PM
Ola

Quote:
Originally Posted by SPG View Post
Great, quality win... I'm loving this Wolfpack team.
They were a bit undiciplined tonight and didn't give themself a fair chance really. But still somehow won it fair. They are really good, but are playing a bit risky, and the AHL defenitly aren't short on opertunistic players willing to capatilize on openings.

Bourret have really been quite though in the last two games. Practically showing nothing, basically no hitting, absolutely no offense.

Ola is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
03-04-2007, 08:11 PM
SPG

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ola View Post
They were a bit undiciplined tonight and didn't give themself a fair chance really. But still somehow won it fair. They are really good, but are playing a bit risky, and the AHL defenitly aren't short on opertunistic players willing to capatilize on openings.

Bourret have really been quite though in the last two games. Practically showing nothing, basically no hitting, absolutely no offense.
A win over the the 2nd best team in the AHL in their building. I'll take it.

SPG is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
03-04-2007, 08:11 PM
jas
Unsatisfied

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ola View Post

I'm willing to give the kid some time. He's the youngest player in the AHL, apparently doesn't speak a lot of English, and just traded for the 1st time in his professional career. It's not like he just went from one side of Quebec to the other. Going from Chicago to Hartford is like being sent from one side of Europe to the other. The Rangers liked this kid and would have made him their pick at #16, if they hadn't dealt up for Staal. With Schoeny and his staff in Hartford, plus the work ethic on that team, he'll get his act together.

jas is online now   Reply With Quote
Old
03-04-2007, 08:12 PM
Pizza

I think Bourret may be getting a little of the "treatment" from his new coaches. Just a guess but he does have some adapting to do. Shoeny and the other guys will straighten him out before too long or he'll wind up in Charlotte for a spell.

Old
03-04-2007, 08:22 PM
Zil

Quote:
Originally Posted by Pizza View Post
I think Bourret may be getting a little of the "treatment" from his new coaches. Just a guess but he does have some adapting to do. Shoeny and the other guys will straighten him out before too long or he'll wind up in Charlotte for a spell.
The guy had 32 points in 45 games before we got him, I don't think a trip to Charlotte is what he needs. Give him some time to adapt.

Zil is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
03-04-2007, 08:31 PM
Jarkko Immonen
#42 Artem Anisimov

Send a message via AIM to Jarkko Immonen
Yeah, don't be so quick to put a guy down man! It's been three games.

Jarkko Immonen is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
03-04-2007, 08:33 PM
Pizza

I'm sure they'll give him some time but I think if he does not respond before too long he could always be sent there. Last option for a guy with his potential, but HFD is deep enough and getting deeper. I'm sure he'll respond positively before they need to do anything as drastic as sending him down....but they won't hesitate if they think he needs it.

Old
03-04-2007, 08:38 PM
dank

i doubt they send him down even if/when they have others from juniors coming in with their seasons over.. he's too much of a "hot prospect" to be drowned..

he's definitely got some skill, got some solid AHL numbers and is young.. needs time to adapt..

dank is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
03-04-2007, 08:46 PM
bmoak

Pack move back into 2nd with 2 games in hand on the Baby Bs!

bmoak is online now   Reply With Quote
Old
03-04-2007, 09:16 PM
ATLANTARANGER*

Huge is still a long way from having arrived. The good new sthat since bottoming out and being sent to Charlotte for a 2nd time in his young career, it certainly looks like he's got his head and game screwed on right. Now he has to do this for the rest of the year, into the playoffs and start off next year with the same level of play. Then we can start considering him in the proper context of whether or when he makes the NHL. Until then, all this is a little insight into the kind of game he is capable of playing.

ATLANTARANGER* is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
03-04-2007, 09:55 PM
RedLightDistrict

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jarkko Immonen View Post
Richter? ***? *head explodes*
Ditto... This was easily his version of the Chewbacca Defense.

My impressions of Hugh are become increasingly positive, but still needs to be taken with a grain of salt. Concistency is key in his development. It'll be intereresting to see if he's featured on an ep. of Inside the Rangers. I'd love to see some highlights.

RedLightDistrict is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
03-04-2007, 10:35 PM
Inferno
HFB Partner

with hughs size, all he needs to do is park his keister in front of the net, learn to deflect shots, and bang away at rebounds.

hes the kind of guy you can structure an entire powerplay around. ive still got high hopes for him.

Inferno is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
03-04-2007, 10:44 PM
BrooklynRangersFan
Change is good.

Quote:
Originally Posted by inferno272 View Post
with hughs size, all he needs to do is park his keister in front of the net, learn to deflect shots, and bang away at rebounds.

hes the kind of guy you can structure an entire powerplay around. ive still got high hopes for him.
Ditto. The ice dancing bear (my avatar) has always represented Hugh in my mind so I'm definitely keeping the faith. I've been saying since people were down on him last year that power forwards take longer than other players...

Of course, he needs to keep it up - but I think he will. 5 goals in 5 games PLUS the SO winner last game. Keep on rockin', Hugh.

So funny that I'm such a big supporter of Hugh and Marcel - it seems that I miss most of the goals that my favorite players score. I've caught maybe half of Hossa's goals in the recent run and none of Hugh's - despite watching from the middle of the second period past the middle of the third period of tonight's game.

BrooklynRangersFan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
03-05-2007, 01:03 AM
Pizza

Quote:
Originally Posted by inferno272 View Post

It would appear that he is finally getting it. Let's see him keep it going. He does not have too score every game, just keep crashing the net, finish checks, take some initiative, and play a responsible game. I'd love it if he could just keep doing that.

Old
03-05-2007, 09:53 AM
Levitate

Quote:
Originally Posted by jas View Post
I'm willing to give the kid some time. He's the youngest player in the AHL, apparently doesn't speak a lot of English,
Err, he did an interview with Bob Crawford during his first game as a Pack player, and he sounded like he spoke english just fine.

Sometimes it takes a bit for a player to integrate with a new team, especially one that's been playing as well as the Pack and who have pretty much "grown up" this season together. He's a bit of an outsider at the moment and may not have the confidence to really go out and play his game yet.

I'm looking more towards next season, maybe the playoffs, for him to make his mark.

As for Hugh...see this is what annoyed me with how I feel he was handled by the Pack coaches. He's a player who needs a LOT of icetime, because he has so much developing to do, and instead they burried him on the lower lines until they decided to ship him to Charlotte. The guy needs icetime to develop, especially after missing time in college and playing those short seasons.

I just tend to think that if he had been forced into 2nd line minutes in the AHL, he would have developed a lot faster.

Levitate is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
03-05-2007, 10:18 AM
dank

dank is offline   Reply With Quote