HFBoards

Go Back   HFBoards > NHL Eastern Conference > Metropolitan Division > New York Rangers
Mobile Hockey's Future Become a Sponsor Site Rules Support Forum vBookie Page 2
Notices

MDSF #2 - 04/20/14 | Philadelphia Flyers @ New York Rangers - PART II

Closed Thread

Old
04-20-2014, 02:03 PM
Silence Of The Plams
All these feels

vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by SnowblindNYR View Post
I seriously can't take any more of this ****. Whole ****ing season this team has played like this. I want this garbage season to die its painful death already. Everything that's wrong about this team right there. Go up 2-0, stop playing. Finally start playing when it's 3-2, then in the 3rd don't even show up (the alternative is show up and miss like 3 empty nets). Garbage team is garbage. I can't believe I thought this year would be different. This team has no heart, it has no character. It has no mental toughness. I don't care about physical toughness, but this team is soft in the brain. Go up 2-0 and then the whole team turns into a ****ing joke. Nice 3rd period, you ****ing losers. I hope you're out in 5.
I've been preaching mental toughness for seasons. No one has caught on except a small percentage.

Old
SA16
Two by two...

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bird Law View Post
Not that often. I can think of two. One McD shot and one Moore shot.
Emery played great in the second. We had a ton of high quality scoring chances. I thought we played pretty well in this game with the exception of a few defensive lapses. The powerplay was good. 1 for 6 is nothing to complain about and it generated lots of chances (largely except for the first one)

Quote:
Originally Posted by ImIdaho View Post
You do know we had like 5 shots in the 3rd? And the goaltending is the reason we passed ourselves into oblivion on the PP?
Give it a rest. We had 7 shots in the third. That's low but not significantly below average. And we had like 10 or 11 shots on the powerplay.

Old
Bird Law
Daisy's back.

Send a message via AIM to Bird Law
Quote:
Originally Posted by Kreider View Post
Is this a ****ing joke?

The Bruins lost their first two home games in round 1 when they won the cup
Well, the Bruins aren't a team. They are a collective.

See? He's still right.

Old
jniklast

Our highest paid players are not even close to playing like it. That's not a winning formula.

Old
Megustaelhockey
Global Moderator
Hybrid icing

Quote:
Originally Posted by SomebodySaveKreider View Post
I can't stand this team sometimes. Year in and year out, they get to the playoffs, show an ability to dominate, and then just sit back and allow the game to go 7. It's not even the loss that's so frustrating. It's the lack of effort and mental softness.

Championship calibre teams step on the throats of their inferior opponents. Championship calibre teams have stars that show up in big games. Championship calibre teams give it their all. This is not a championship calibre team.
I don't think anyone on this team has mentioned anything about winning the Stanley Cup.

Old
ImIdaho
Choo-Choo-Choose me!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bird Law View Post
. . . and Emery was a big portion of us going 0-fer. I already said that. I didn't gloss over anything. You just didn't read.
No, you're just forgetting we did absolutely zilch on some PPs. That 4-on-3 was a breath taker, right?

Old
Inferno
HFB Partner

Difference in the game was a 20 minute span where the Rangers just stopped skating. Everything before that and after that was more or less all us. Terrible lack of killer instinct. Could have put this one to bed if they kept trying. Instead they pissed away all the momentum to the Flyers.

Old
04-20-2014, 02:04 PM
haveandare

Look at the Bruins, Pens, Hawks, Bolts...

Playoffs are hard. Save the incessant moaning for when the team is actually in a hole.

Old
RGY
(Jagr68NYR94Leetch)

**** this team. **** that disgusting effort. Nash is a real piece of **** with that piss poor effort. And how the **** do you get a too many men penalty pulling the goalie?!?!!! How ****ing ****** of a team are you to do that. McDonagh was a joke and so was Nash. Dont even want to watch tuesday, they dont deserve my time energy and emotion if thats how they are gona play. Blowing a 2 goal lead on home ice. Couldve put the flyers away. Same old ****, cant put teams away. Glad i waited two ****ing days for that.

Old
Bird Law
Daisy's back.

Quote:
Originally Posted by SA16 View Post
Emery played great in the second. We had a ton of high quality scoring chances. I thought we played pretty well in this game with the exception of a few defensive lapses. The powerplay was good. 1 for 6 is nothing to complain about and it generated lots of chances (largely except for the first one)

Give it a rest. We had 7 shots in the third. That's low but not significantly below average. And we had like 10 or 11 shots on the powerplay.
Yep. It is what it is.

Hank won't be this mediocre next game and I can't imagine our boys will play as flat. This is going to be a long series. I'm very confident, though.

Old
SA16
Two by two...

Quote:
Jesus, I ****ing hate this team right now with a passion but this is a joke. The Bruins barely beat Montreal and Toronto the 2 times they got to the ****ing finals.
I was in the process of looking up former champions first round result to prove him wrong and actually proved him "right". It turns out he would prefer a team like Boston that loses 3 games in the first round because they scored 1 goal in each game than a team that even has a chance to give up a 2 goal lead.

Old
valence

gonna go 7...philly is a good team and they play playoff hockey...if they get the goaltending like any team look out.

Old
04-20-2014, 02:05 PM
GFiP

I told you all that they had no chance of tying it. I'm glad I turned it off.

Old
jniklast

Quote:
Originally Posted by haveandare View Post
Look at the Bruins, Pens, Hawks, Bolts...

Playoffs are hard. Save the incessant moaning for when the team is actually in a hole.
To me the problem isn't that they lost the game - it's how they did it.

Old
SnowblindNYR

This team won't win **** with that sieve in net either. The guy has given up COUNTLESS game winning goals on terrible ****ing goals. Biggest choker on the planet. He's like a ****ing curse given to us by the gods. We'll give you a goalie that will constantly put you in the playoffs be Vezina quality virtually every year, but you'll never win with him.

Old
Bird Law
Daisy's back.

Quote:
Originally Posted by ImIdaho View Post
No, you're just forgetting we did absolutely zilch on some PPs. That 4-on-3 was a breath taker, right?
4-on-3 was mediocre but Emery also robbed MSL on a shot that should've tied the game.

No idea why Emery isn't getting his due. He was lights out in the 2nd. Amazing goaltending.

Old
haveandare

Quote:
I can't stand this team sometimes. Year in and year out, they get to the playoffs, show an ability to dominate, and then just sit back and allow the game to go 7. It's not even the loss that's so frustrating. It's the lack of effort and mental softness.

Championship calibre teams step on the throats of their inferior opponents. Championship calibre teams have stars that show up in big games. Championship calibre teams give it their all. This is not a championship calibre team.
Except in reality, they don't, and teams rarely blow right through the playoffs without letting opponents play well time-to-time, or not "giving it their all" for a game. This isn't a Disney movie.

Old
ImIdaho
Choo-Choo-Choose me!

Quote:
Originally Posted by SA16 View Post
Awesome attitude. Team is down by one, so what that they average less than two shots on the PP and so what they didn't play with enough fortitude in 3rd?

Is that what you're really ****ing saying? The team that had the lead played better than us in the 3rd. Enough said.

Old
04-20-2014, 02:06 PM
Bird Law
Daisy's back.

Some of you bridge jumpers know that there are still five more games in this playoff series, right?

Old
SupersonicMonkey*
DROP THE PUCK

Quote:
Jesus, I ****ing hate this team right now with a passion but this is a joke. The Bruins barely beat Montreal and Toronto the 2 times they got to the ****ing finals.
Good job cherry picking one example.

I can do that too. Rangers playing several 7 game series and having nothing left in the Conference Finals in 2012.

Old
someone stole hank
Geno's and Apples

Quote:

Hawks were down 3-1 last year to Detroit and hawks had home ice

Old
jas
Unsatisfied

Awful 2nd period...Philly just went into shut it down mode in the 3rd. Emery was good , but the Rangers did not make him work. This team just does not make it easy on themselves or the fans. I still have confidence they'll win the series, but, you would think they'd learn from the past few years about having long series. Once again, they took their collective foot off the Flyers' neck.

Old
04-20-2014, 02:07 PM
SnowblindNYR

Quote:

****ing eh, I don't think this team is either, but the ****ing Bruins had to win in game 7 OT twice in their runs for the cup, Vancouver did it in 2011 and came 1 loss short. Give me a break.

Old
Revelation
Reanimated

Hank absolutely cost us this game. Terrible goaltending AND denies us a chance at tying it by inciting a too many men penalty. If AV wanted him off the ice, he would have let Hank know.

Probably wanted to be the first one out of the building with the stinker of a performance.

For how much money Hank makes, he needs to be better. We could add another premier skater for what he makes. He needs to be a difference maker, but he hasn't even been close this series.

Old
haveandare

Quote:
Originally Posted by jniklast View Post
To me the problem isn't that they lost the game - it's how they did it.
I don't necessarily disagree, but Philly took charge and won. For all the talk of "inferior" opponents, they barely finished under the Rangers at the very last second. They played well today and they won. Its not like they were awful and the Rangers just let them win. Series between good teams swing both ways.

Closed Thread