HFBoards

Go Back   HFBoards > NHL Western Conference > Central Division > Nashville Predators
Mobile Hockey's Future Become a Sponsor Site Rules Support Forum vBookie Page 2
Notices

GDT: Predators vs Ducks - 3.4.07

Old
03-04-2007, 09:49 PM
barrytrotzsneck
Retired Global Mod

vCash: 500
ugh, erat hits the post.

game over.

barrytrotzsneck is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
Aldonis

Lost the shootout - Still a point tonight is a VICTORY!!!

Aldonis is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
Felix09

Did Kariya go in shootout?

Felix09 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
03-04-2007, 09:50 PM
barrytrotzsneck
Retired Global Mod

Quote:
Originally Posted by paulkariya#1 View Post
Did Kariya go in shootout?
yes, went second, scored.

You'd think Kariya would give Rads a heads up about Giguere high-glove side. We've seen that in shootouts past.

Old
03-04-2007, 09:50 PM
Static

Send a message via AIM to Static
Quote:
Originally Posted by Ti-girl View Post
Dude, you just tied a team that had Nichol AND Abid in their starting line up.
As if the score at the end of OT was indicative of the game.

Whatevs, great game, hopefully we meet again with full squads.

Static is online now   Reply With Quote
Old
03-04-2007, 09:52 PM
Jarnberg

Huge point to pickup tonight. Obviously winning in the shutout would have been better. But give alot of credit to the guys tonight. Anaheim is a tough team to beat with our full lineup in, much less with so many guys out. The team worked hard enough to get a point.

Radulov with his first miss in the shootout and Erat off the post. I'd love to see Dumont in that spot but hindsight.. Vokoun's five hole lets him down again.

The team worked hard enough to set themselves up to steal a point tonight in the shootout, you gotta convert there. But still a huge point to grab tonight.

Jarnberg is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
03-04-2007, 10:00 PM
barrytrotzsneck
Retired Global Mod

I hope the impression I'm getting from reading the Ducks GDT that they just usurped the crown or something is perception on my end. It's not us celebrating like we won the cup after squeaking by the Blue Jackets, but it's pretty darn close.

Shots were 35-14, yes, but you'd think that if 3 or even 2 of the 5 that were out, the "glorious domination" would have been toned down a bit.

Old
03-04-2007, 10:08 PM
PeterAngelo
Adopt-a-stray today!

I thought Paul Kariya battled really hard today. Was quite impressed.

PeterAngelo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
03-04-2007, 10:15 PM
vopatsrash

Quote:
Originally Posted by nomorekids View Post
I hope the impression I'm getting from reading the Ducks GDT that they just usurped the crown or something is perception on my end. It's not us celebrating like we won the cup after squeaking by the Blue Jackets, but it's pretty darn close.

Shots were 35-14, yes, but you'd think that if 3 or even 2 of the 5 that were out, the "glorious domination" would have been toned down a bit.
Apparently you failed to learn earlier in the season that it doesn't matter who is injured for us, their injuries are more significant. San Jose graciously taught us that lesson, as well.

Anaheim's shootout win with us missing Forsberg, Hartnell, Legwand, Sullivan, and Arnott >>>>>>>>>>-infinity our OT win when Pronger was out, especially since that one didn't really count. I think our 2 points on that one are still pending Anaheim league appeal.

vopatsrash is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
03-04-2007, 10:17 PM
Pronger4Pope

Quote:
Originally Posted by vopatsrash View Post
Apparently you failed to learn earlier in the season that it doesn't matter who is injured for us, their injuries are more significant. San Jose graciously taught us that lesson, as well.

Anaheim's shootout win with us missing Forsberg, Hartnell, Legwand, Sullivan, and Arnott >>>>>>>>>>-infinity our OT win when Pronger was out, especially since that one didn't really count. I think our 2 points on that one are still pending Anaheim league appeal.
nobody said anything about ducks injuries

Pronger4Pope is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
03-04-2007, 10:19 PM
OpenWheel

I'd like to know how much of that shot edge can be assigned to Zidlicky. It seem that often we were just losing it out of the zone off of a Zidlicky shot, errant pass, or just a mishandle. Then they'd keep it in our zone for several shots. He did some good things, but for a defenseman he should play a little more defense when we're so shorthanded.

I used to trust Vouky in the shootouts. He's been rough this year though. That was depressing after he played a very good game.

I don't know why I'm not a big Erat fan. I groaned when he came out in the shootout. But that is hindsight, for sure. He's put 'em the net in before, so I guess I should warm up to him in that spot. Trotz sure likes him.

OpenWheel is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
03-04-2007, 10:28 PM
Hockey Duckie

Hey guys, Ducks fan here. I enjoyed watching the game. I'm very impressed with the Preds' coaching staff to control the Ducks' PP game and the onslaught of hits and shots, especially since you guys have a lot of talented peeps missing. Thumbs up for Vokoun for preventing 2 goals in the first period (Pahlsson and Penner) in front of the net. Kariya played well... i still don't like the traitor, but he's still got it.

The Ducks' were physical this game, but weren't as sharp as they were in previous games on the PP b/c they were hot. If the Ducks meet up with the Preds in the playoffs, then it'll be a fun series to watch! Good luck and health onto the playoffs!

Hockey Duckie is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
03-04-2007, 10:31 PM
vopatsrash

I'm excited to have 7 of 8 points 4 games into this road trip. Getting a point tonight against a great team like Anaheim, under the circustances is incredible.

The game felt like the Preds of 1999, except if Anaheim had taken pity and lent us Kariya. Anaheim seemed like the old St. Louis blues with Macinnis and Pronger, subbing in Niedermayer for Al. I'm sure it was a little too much of a reminder of that era for Vokoun. It's the first time in awhile that we got a 2-0 lead and I was immediately hoping that we could just use that lead to get us into OT so we could get a point.

Obviously, the Detroit game looms large. At least they set themselves up for retaining the division lead by tiebreak even if they lose to Detroit in regulation. Detroit has points in 15 of their last 17 games (11-2-4), so any cushion is good.

vopatsrash is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
03-04-2007, 10:41 PM
CloakroomCrusader

Thankful to get a point out of that, and as you said Vrash, I'm just happy we have gotten 7 of 8 points so far on this trip. Hopefully we can get Foppa and Arnott back for Tuesday... I'd really like to get an update on Legwand from management.

CloakroomCrusader is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
03-04-2007, 11:32 PM
golfmade
Go Preds Go

I'll take a point against the Ducks any day of the week, especially when we're missing Leggy, Forsberg, Sully, Arnott and are playing guys like Abid and Peverley.

First off, who the **** is Peverley? NEVER heard of him before. Secondly, congrats on his assist!

Secondly, sucks to lose in the shootout but it's definately not Vokoun's strong point.

Let's move on with the point we got tonight and rest up. We gotta get 2 points from Detroit on Tuesday.

golfmade is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
03-04-2007, 11:42 PM
Seth Lake

Send a message via AIM to Seth Lake
Great to pickup a point tonight with our big guns out of the lineup, but a little disheartening nonetheless to know that we are still without those guys heading towards a matchup with Detroit in the JLA.

I think the two things we must really take from this game are that this team goes by our own playoff motto of "No Excuses" and takes it to heart. Regardless of whomever is in the lineup or out of it for that matter...if you pull on that jersey...you are a part of something special. People can say what they want about Anaheim's style helping them in the playoffs...it probably will. But what we saw tonight out of the Predators shows me more than ever that we also have what it takes to play in the playoffs...regardless of our size, style, or our lack of physical play.

BTW, I won the "Watch and Win" contest tonight! I guess I won an autographed jersey...don't know...the phone number you call is a voicemail and you leave your info. I'm sure I'll get a phone call in the morning. Second jersey I have won from the Preds in two years. Won a Mason autographed game-worn jersey last year at the season opener - maybe some of you have seen me walking around the HOP in it...I wear it every game. If this jersey is signed by the whole team...I might just get it framed...especially if it has Forsberg, Kariya, Vokoun, etc on it.

Seth Lake is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
03-04-2007, 11:44 PM
barrytrotzsneck
Retired Global Mod

Quote:
Originally Posted by SLake View Post
Great to pickup a point tonight with our big guns out of the lineup, but a little disheartening nonetheless to know that we are still without those guys heading towards a matchup with Detroit in the JLA.

I think the two things we must really take from this game are that this team goes by our own playoff motto of "No Excuses" and takes it to heart. Regardless of whomever is in the lineup or out of it for that matter...if you pull on that jersey...you are a part of something special. People can say what they want about Anaheim's style helping them in the playoffs...it probably will. But what we saw tonight out of the Predators shows me more than ever that we also have what it takes to play in the playoffs...regardless of our size, style, or our lack of physical play.

BTW, I won the "Watch and Win" contest tonight! I guess I won an autographed jersey...don't know...the phone number you call is a voicemail and you leave your info. I'm sure I'll get a phone call in the morning. Second jersey I have won from the Preds in two years. Won a Mason autographed game-worn jersey last year at the season opener - maybe some of you have seen me walking around the HOP in it...I wear it every game. If this jersey is signed by the whole team...I might just get it framed...especially if it has Forsberg, Kariya, Vokoun, etc on it.

You're the so-and-so from Mt Juliet?

Old
03-04-2007, 11:45 PM
Seth Lake

Quote:
Originally Posted by nomorekids View Post
You're the so-and-so from Mt Juliet?
Yup, that's me...lived here since July 2005.

Old
03-05-2007, 12:02 AM
triggrman
HFBoards Sponsor

Vokoun is really heating up.

triggrman is online now   Reply With Quote
Old
03-05-2007, 12:07 AM
barrytrotzsneck
Retired Global Mod

Quote:
Originally Posted by triggrman View Post
Agreed, he had another great game tonight.

If only we could sub-in Mason on shootouts, though

Old
03-05-2007, 12:09 AM
Seth Lake

Quote:
Originally Posted by triggrman View Post
Yeah, that was my second point to make...I simply forgot...too excited about my new jersey.

Vokoun has really been sharp in his last three performances all against top playoff caliber teams. Thankfully we don't have shootouts in the playoffs or else we'd be up a creek without a paddle, but Tomas appears to have rid the demons (the Detroit game was his first without the thumb brace) from his thumb injury and is back to the Vokie we have grown to love and trust.

Should be a great finish to the regular season...I can't wait.

Old
03-05-2007, 04:49 AM
SmokeyClause

Send a message via AIM to SmokeyClause
Quote:
Originally Posted by Pronger4Pope View Post
nobody said anything about ducks injuries
He's referring to earlier in the season with a few ducks posters completely discounted a Preds victory due to Ducks injuries.

SmokeyClause is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
03-05-2007, 07:22 AM
PeterAngelo
Adopt-a-stray today!

What was with scott nichol falling over all game? was he drunk? lol he played well though. Also if i hear pete webber say trapezoid one more time when describing a play happening from behind the net i am going to hit somebody.

PeterAngelo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
03-05-2007, 07:33 AM
crossxcheck

Send a message via AIM to crossxcheck Send a message via MSN to crossxcheck Send a message via Yahoo to crossxcheck
Seeing such a skimpy team getting outplayed in every way yet still playing their hearts out and managing to steal a point reminds me of the predators of years past!! I was very happy we even got a point out of this game.

crossxcheck is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
03-05-2007, 09:05 AM
Jarnberg

Agreed cross.., that was a bit of the old Predators coming through last night. Hard work to steal a point.

The last bit of the game last night was us holding on that point for dear life.

I thought Alexander Radulov had a pretty good game. I loved his chance in overtime as he "got" the puck away from Scott Niedermayer. Too bad Radulov fanned on the shot because it was a great play.

I thought Peverley didn't do terrible all things considered. Did anyone else even notice Abid out there?

Hopefully the guys get rested up before Detroit. Its a HUGE game. I have my doubts about Sullivan and Forsberg playing Tuesday.

Jarnberg is offline   Reply With Quote