HFBoards

Go Back   HFBoards > NHL Eastern Conference > Metropolitan Division > New York Rangers
Notices

SabreS Fan Here

Old
03-05-2007, 12:29 AM
bd007h*

vCash: 500
Send a message via AIM to bd007h* Send a message via MSN to bd007h*
SabreS Fan Here

The Rangers are make a good push for the postseason do you like your chances

if so what are your thoughts on playing Buffalo in Round 1

by the way.....Lundqvist (spelling) rocks

bd007h* is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
03-05-2007, 12:33 AM
Inferno
HFB Partner

Quote:
Originally Posted by MaTheMeatloaf View Post

i dont like our chances no. maybe id think different if we hadnt lost our 2 best scorers and our best defenseman for (likely) the year. but losing straka, shanny and tyutin is just a back breaker.

technically weve got a great chance, but i just dont see it happening.

Inferno is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
03-05-2007, 12:39 AM
blueliner94

Quote:
Originally Posted by inferno272 View Post
i dont like our chances no. maybe id think different if we hadnt lost our 2 best scorers and our best defenseman for (likely) the year. but losing straka, shanny and tyutin is just a back breaker.

technically weve got a great chance, but i just dont see it happening.
I agree with you but at the same point I dont wanna start saying anything until this week is over. If we win these two games its huge. As for who we play hhaha I will take anyone to just get in. But Im not scared of Buff. A hungry hard working team shows up for all seven games all 60 + min you never know........

blueliner94 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
03-05-2007, 12:50 AM
Thor God of Thunder

Quote:
Originally Posted by blueliner94 View Post
I agree with you but at the same point I dont wanna start saying anything until this week is over. If we win these two games its huge. As for who we play hhaha I will take anyone to just get in. But Im not scared of Buff. A hungry hard working team shows up for all seven games all 60 + min you never know........
Exactly. I have serious doubts this team will make the playoffs, but let's not forget Edmonton last year...

Thor God of Thunder is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
03-05-2007, 12:51 AM
Inferno
HFB Partner

Quote:
Originally Posted by blueliner94 View Post
if by some miracle we made it, anything can happen. really Henrik Lundqvist (when you consider the D thats playing in front of him) has been the best goalie in the league for the past 2-3 months now. so i wouldnt be surprised if he stole us a series. but unless we get healthy real quick, i just dont see it happening. i hate being so down on the team because if anything, im constantly accused of being a "sunshiner" but sometimes you gotta be a realist.

Inferno is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
03-05-2007, 02:52 AM
VEGASRANGERFAN

If we made it, I would not look forward to facing the Sabres, even with half the team injured.

VEGASRANGERFAN is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
03-05-2007, 03:10 AM
HVPOLARBEARS19

Send a message via AIM to HVPOLARBEARS19 Send a message via MSN to HVPOLARBEARS19
Beggars can't be choosers. If we have to play Buffalo I'll take it...don't really care as long as we get in...that being said, it'd be a very very tough series.

HVPOLARBEARS19 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
03-05-2007, 07:46 AM
GarretJoseph

Quote:
Originally Posted by bd007h* View Post

I think you should be scared, very scared. 8th place teams usually are in playoff "mode" long before 1st seeded teams.

The Rangers will punish you & come out on top 4 games to 2.

Your going down Sabre boy.

GarretJoseph is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
03-05-2007, 07:58 AM
Melrose_Jr.

A series against the Sabres would probably make last year's Devils series seem like a fond memory. The season series was 0-4 and it's hard to imagine a playoff meeting ending up any differently.

Melrose_Jr. is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
03-05-2007, 08:04 AM
In The Flesh

If we get in, I doubt we win a game. Even thou, we took them to OT/SO how many times.

In The Flesh is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
03-05-2007, 08:15 AM
clmetsfan

Quote:
Originally Posted by theMessiah1194 View Post
If we get in, I doubt we win a game. Even thou, we took them to OT/SO how many times.
I think the biggest obstacle is just getting in. If and when that happens, Toots should be back (unless there's been a change from the initial diagnosis of 2-3 weeks) and Straka would hopefully be back (I'm sure he'll at least attempt to play through the pain before the season is over).

As for Shanny, the uncertainty about any and all head injuries makes it a complete crapshoot as to whether or not he'll be able to return. However, there are a few things that make it possible that he will make it back before the season is over:

1) He's a gamer. Ortmeyer, Hollweg, and Prucha are the only guys on the team who rival Shanny in the cliched, but important nonetheless, "Heart" category.

2) This was his first ever concussion. It's not a Lindros situation just yet.

3) Piggybacking off of #1, Shanny has a sense of history. He knows what we Ranger fans have been through the past decade, and he knows that we already adore him after just half a season on the ice. If he makes it back and somehow leads this team to the playoffs and possibly even a first round upset, he'll be a god in the eyes of the MSG faithful.

clmetsfan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
03-05-2007, 08:28 AM
Ola

Quote:
Originally Posted by bd007h* View Post

I thought Buffalo played the best hockey last season, and haven't changed my opinion this season.

But I wouldn't at all be suprised if NYR/Toronto/NYI sent Buffalo packing in the first round, I wouldn't bet on it but I wouldn't be suprised. At the same time I wouldn't exactly be suprised if you won the cup either!

There will be allot of pressure on you guys, and without a really solid defense that could be a problem. It will be tougher to create offense for the finesse players in the PO's, and with some bad luck and without a really solid defense its easy to get into a tough position.

No matter how good things look, if you play a high scoring type of hockey, the scene could change in a hurry. You know a hot goalie, pressure in the PO's, injurys -- and suddenly players starts squezzing their sticks ect. I've seen it before!

Ola is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
03-05-2007, 09:08 AM
TheRedressor

For the Rangers to beat Buffalo in the 1st round one of two things would have to happen.

1. Jagr becomes unstoppable ala last season and the Sabres cannot contain him.

2. Henrik steals the series.

I think you have a better chance with Henrik stealing the series.

TheRedressor is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
03-05-2007, 09:54 AM
WestsideNYR

No offense

but I want a rematch with the Devils.
I feel your Sabres are a much better team, we match up with the Devils and HATE them!

WestsideNYR is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
03-05-2007, 09:59 AM
TheRedressor

It would be interesting to see Avery vs Marty for an entire series. I'm sure Jagr has revenge on the mind too. Lets hope he wouldn't go swinging at players again.

TheRedressor is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
03-05-2007, 10:00 AM
HockeyBasedNYC

Quote:
Originally Posted by WestsideNYR View Post
but I want a rematch with the Devils.
I feel your Sabres are a much better team, we match up with the Devils and HATE them!
I dont want a rematch with the Devils, because the way things are going this year in those games i'll probably wind up slamming my head through sheetrock.

I'd rather see the tables turn with all the bounces and calls and non calls while another team dispatch them quickly in the first round of the playoffs.

HockeyBasedNYC is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
03-05-2007, 10:31 AM
ThirdEye

Unless Buffalo totally crumbles we have no chance, that's why I'd rather play NJ again. All we need is a lucky game or two and the tide can completely turn in our favor. If we fall under the losing spell like we did last year then it will be another blow out though. Unfortunately the chances of that happening are pretty high

The only thing we have over Buffalo right now is possibly the goaltending. That's not enough to save us though. Buffalo has outplayed us all year. Had some chances to beat them and totally blew it

I'll be more than happy if we can manage to make the playoffs in the first place. Anything after that will just be icing on the cake for me

ThirdEye is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
03-05-2007, 10:36 AM
Choice

Well if Tyutin is out for 4 weeks, which they say is the longest he'll be sidelined, and we make the playoffs, he should be make in time for the first round. With Fedor back in the fold, watch out number one seeds the Rangers are gonna ride.

Choice is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
03-05-2007, 02:28 PM
Evgeny Oliker

vCash: 1140

the testament of a great team is how they play through adversity, such as being in 11th or having injuries...we have both to deal with!

The Rangers have done rather well against adversity lately. The way they are playing now, they can honestly beat any team (even without Shany and Straka and Tyutin). So I feel that we can beat Buffalo in the playoffs...as well as the Devils.

I'd prefer facing NJ because I hate them too!

Evgeny Oliker is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
03-05-2007, 02:37 PM
Its a PP Goal

Assuming every team keeps up their pace 89 points is the number to beat for the 8th spot. We have to go 10-7 to reach 89 points but we also have to worry about Carolina, Montreal, Toronto, Boston, and Florida catching a hot streak.

Its a PP Goal is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
03-05-2007, 03:10 PM
dkich96

There is a huge difference in being pessimistic and optimistic but seriously boys and girls have some hope and cheer for your team... I was at the garden last week when we lost to Pittsburgh and frankly I was the only drunk screaming my brains out, what ever happened to the place where fans cheered up until the last second of a game... It is absolutely disgusting to have been there and to have seen it for myself...

By the way if we make it and I hope and think we will - I like our chances.... We should be healthy by then and the bitter experience from last year should have thought us something... Plus this year despite loosing the games to Buffalo, the Rangers came out and held leads in those games until we just handed them the game on a silver platter with penalties and unforced errors, thus I’m sure we will put up a great fight to the finish or fall flat on our face trying…

dkich96 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
03-05-2007, 03:18 PM
Whoot Whoot
Biased-NYR-Homer

anyone but the devils!

Whoot Whoot is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
03-05-2007, 03:22 PM
Evgeny Oliker

vCash: 1140

Quote:
Originally Posted by Whoot Whoot View Post
anyone but the devils!
oh, come on, what kind of an attitude is that man!

It is us respecting the Devils too much in games that causes us to lose sometimes. We need to play like Avery, go to the net, battle with them, show them just enough respect to beat them! Not so much respect that we just play scared

Evgeny Oliker is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
03-05-2007, 04:21 PM
Ola

Quote:
Originally Posted by HockeyBasedNYC View Post
I dont want a rematch with the Devils
I would lie if I said I would like a matchup with NJD.

But, there defenitly are some positves in getting a matchup like that.

The last two seasons, besides the PO's when JJ went down and Lundqvist faced pressure he never had before without proper backup, we have flat out dominated them on the ice. Broduer have kind of owned Lundqvist a few times, with really small marginals, but still. And they have gotten a ton of timly goals.

Sooner or later the tide will turn so to speak. Thats how it is in sports. They can't play much better then they are dooing against us, we can play a helluva lot better against them then we have. We needs to start crashing the net harder, Jagr needs to start taking care of Pandolfo ect.

If we were to play them again, and if we can stay reasonalby healty, I would especially hope for us to start playing better defense against them, stop giving them goals. Then they will have to start opening up more. I think we would have a good chance.

Ola is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
03-05-2007, 04:32 PM
NYR94

Send a message via AIM to NYR94
I don't see the Rangers coming out of a playoff series against Buffalo or Jersey. Maybe if they magically jump up into the 6th seed they'd have a shot at whoever wins the Southeast, but that seems like a longshot at this point.

Even if Lundqvist continues his excellent play right into the playoffs, I can't see the Rangers matching Buffalo's forward depth or Jagr escaping Pandolfo enough to make an impact. Not to mention the fact that the Sabres are going to be even hungrier than last year after missing out on a chance to play in the Cup finals. I see nothing standing in their way this year other than the Devils, who are good enough to beat them in my opinion.

The West is very tight and is hard for me to predict, but I'd be shocked if the Eastern Conference Finals didn't feature Devils-Sabres.

NYR94 is offline   Reply With Quote