HFBoards

Go Back   HFBoards > NHL Western Conference > Central Division > Nashville Predators
Mobile Hockey's Future Become a Sponsor Site Rules Support Forum vBookie Page 2
Notices

NSH trades 7th for Rissling

Old
04-20-2014, 06:12 PM
Nashville Transplant

vCash: 500
you don't "have" to call up a player like Piskula, you GET to bring up a player like Piskula. A guy who is a savvy enough veteran to eat up minutes for a few games without playing like a deer caught in the headlights. Piskula and Rodney are a BIG factor in why Milwaukee is in the post season. Don't kid yourself. Every organization needs a guy (or two) like that.

Nashville Transplant is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
04-20-2014, 06:31 PM
jwhouk
Cheesehead Pred

Raitis actually got an NHL job because of his work with the Admirals. I have absolutely no problem with this trade.

jwhouk is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
04-20-2014, 07:58 PM
dulzhok

Quote:
Originally Posted by PredsV82 View Post
Wasting time?? Yeah like the trade market is so hot right now...
I'm not referring to the trading. We need a head coach, likely a goalie coach (and a 7m goalie who needs coaching), need to resign our RFAs, among other things.... meanwhile we are expending effort and picks trying to get Washington's 51st depth chart player before they don't offer him a contract.

I've seen enough of Poile going after someone else's trash to know he rarely hits. He's wasting his time again. Not to mention a pick.

No, it's a not a big risk but the small things add up too.

dulzhok is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
04-20-2014, 08:35 PM
adsfan

Quote:
Originally Posted by dulzhok View Post
Poile has more success with 7th rd picks than 3rd rd picks.

With all due respect to Milwaukee fans, we should not be giving up drafts picks to help their playoff run. Maybe conditional if he plays X amount of games in the NHL next year.

Dumb.
Speaking as one Milwaukee fan. We don't need a 10th D-man on the roster!
The Ads will do fine with Ford, Valentine, Bitetto, Rodney, Piskula, Jarvinen and Diaby. COR and the new guy are the spares.

Last edited by adsfan: 04-20-2014 at 08:49 PM.
adsfan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
04-20-2014, 08:52 PM
Paranoid Android
ERMAHGERD

Quote:
Originally Posted by Nashville Transplant View Post
you don't "have" to call up a player like Piskula, you GET to bring up a player like Piskula. A guy who is a savvy enough veteran to eat up minutes for a few games without playing like a deer caught in the headlights. Piskula and Rodney are a BIG factor in why Milwaukee is in the post season. Don't kid yourself. Every organization needs a guy (or two) like that.
How dare I speak negatively towards a former LA prospect

Paranoid Android is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
04-20-2014, 10:04 PM
Iron Duke

Quote:
Originally Posted by BigFatCat999 View Post
A) I'm not a big fan of this draft, so trading the 7th is NOT going to make me cry.

B) My problem is that it's ANOTHER LHD when the team desperately needs a RHD.

C) Only catches my attention because I COULD see this as a possible help with a trade to move some of the LHD in the system. Say, to WPG example, MDZ+ if they can't sign him for E. Kane.

Also, I could see Nashville trade a couple for RHD. Noonan I can see as an NHL player, Dialby I DEFINATLY can see as an NHL player.
That would have to be a pretty sizable plus, I doubt Winnipeg has all that much interest in MDZ as a big component for a Kane trade.

Iron Duke is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
04-20-2014, 10:46 PM
Viqsi
carrying the flag

Send a message via AIM to Viqsi
Quote:
Originally Posted by PredsV82 View Post
Wasting time?? Yeah like the trade market is so hot right now...

And this is a 7th round pick... so player that if we get lucky and find a diamond in the rough might make the Prods in 4 years or so... traded for a player already two years farther along and apparently ready for the AHL... that's a waste how?
Can NHL players even get traded at this point?
It's even worse. Seventh round picks are how we got Patric Hornqvist and Martin Erat. Therefore Poile is clearly sacrificing badly needed future offensive players for even more blueliners. AS USUAL.

Thanks, Howson, for cleaning up MacLean's toxic waste. Welcome, Kekalainen; let's get good things built!
Viqsi is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
04-21-2014, 12:02 AM
WartracePred

Quote:
Poile has more success with 7th rd picks than 3rd rd picks.

With all due respect to Milwaukee fans, we should not be giving up drafts picks to help their playoff run. Maybe conditional if he plays X amount of games in the NHL next year.

Dumb.
Big, physical, lots of PIMs. Right, because Nashville isn't interested in protecting Jarnkrok or Forsberg.

WartracePred is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
04-21-2014, 01:05 AM
dulzhok

Quote:
Originally Posted by WartracePred View Post
Big, physical, lots of PIMs. Right, because Nashville isn't interested in protecting Jarnkrok or Forsberg.
From the sounds of it, Rissling will not even be playing the AHL.

Second, you guys sound like the TSA-- scare tactics as to why things have to be done.

Having a big guy does not stop guys from throwing an errant elbow to the head. Milwaukee already has big guys.

Heck, David Backes is the big physical guy for STL and he couldn't even protect himself.

Old
04-22-2014, 09:48 AM
Predsrule

Quote:
I'm not referring to the trading. We need a head coach, likely a goalie coach (and a 7m goalie who needs coaching), need to resign our RFAs, among other things.... meanwhile we are expending effort and picks trying to get Washington's 51st depth chart player before they don't offer him a contract.

I've seen enough of Poile going after someone else's trash to know he rarely hits. He's wasting his time again. Not to mention a pick.

No, it's a not a big risk but the small things add up too.
Because makig this trade will stop him from getting a coach or signing any rfas.... Kind of a big over reaction here... He traded a 7th for someone who has a much beter chance to make it then a ransom 7th rounder.. He's going after trash by trading worss trash.. This team is week in d depth.. This brought in a player for the minor system who is way ahead of anyone we could draft with that 7th... But hey gotta get that gm bash in right

Predsrule is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
04-22-2014, 09:57 AM
AtlantaWhaler
Thrash/Preds/Sabres

Quote:
Originally Posted by Predsrule View Post
.....He traded a 7th for someone who has a much beter chance to make it then a ransom 7th rounder.. He's going after trash by trading worss trash.....
This. I have no idea why some are worked up over this.

AtlantaWhaler is online now   Reply With Quote
Old
04-22-2014, 11:37 AM
dulzhok

Quote:
Originally Posted by AtlantaWhaler View Post
This. I have no idea why some are worked up over this.
People that are worked up are people trying to stomp on other opinions.

Sound like Rissling is ECHL bound.

Yes, I'd rather take by chances at getting a Rinne/Hornqvist/Erat/etc than giving Washington's 51st best player a chance.

Small move but doesn't mean we all have to agree with it. And yes, it is the old Poile who's digging through other people's trash again. That's more concerning... he's reverting to not-that-old habits.

Old
04-22-2014, 11:59 AM
BigFatCat999
I love GoOoOlD

Signed per Cooper on twitter

BigFatCat999 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
04-22-2014, 12:28 PM
AtlantaWhaler
Thrash/Preds/Sabres

Quote:
People that are worked up are people trying to stomp on other opinions.

Sound like Rissling is ECHL bound.

Yes, I'd rather take by chances at getting a Rinne/Hornqvist/Erat/etc than giving Washington's 51st best player a chance.

Small move but doesn't mean we all have to agree with it. And yes, it is the old Poile who's digging through other people's trash again. That's more concerning... he's reverting to not-that-old habits.
Sorry, I didn't mean to make it sound like I'm stomping on opinions. I just think that we picked up a prospect we have been able to assess playing in the AHL rather than a 7th rounder which has like a .05% chance at making the team. Overall, a decent, however microscopic move.

AtlantaWhaler is online now   Reply With Quote
Old
04-22-2014, 11:56 PM
adsfan

Quote:
Originally Posted by adsfan View Post
Speaking as one Milwaukee fan. We don't need a 10th D-man on the roster!
The Ads will do fine with Ford, Valentine, Bitetto, Rodney, Piskula, Jarvinen and Diaby. COR and the new guy are the spares.
We don't need an 11th D-man, either!

My guess is that Rodney and maybe Piskula are gone. Bitetto and Valentine are iffy for next season in Milwaukee, although I would like to see both of them returning. That leaves the Admirals with 7 or 8 D-men for next year, plus Aronson or others from Cincinnati joining Diaby, COR and the new guys.

adsfan is offline   Reply With Quote