HFBoards

Go Back   HFBoards > General Hockey Discussion > The Rink
Mobile Hockey's Future Become a Sponsor Site Rules Support Forum vBookie Page 2
The Rink For the not so ready for prime-time players, coaches, referees, and the people that have to live with them. Discuss experiences in local leagues, coaching tips, equipment, and training.

Stick advice

Old
04-20-2014, 06:53 PM
Rookie109

vCash: 500
Stick advice

OK, I've noticed some stick sales in a few stores in my area and I wanted some basic advice for what I should look for for my playing style.

Two sticks I've seen on sale for about 50% off are the Reebok 20K SR (regular,medium, and stiff flex) and the Warrior Diablo. 85 and 100 flex available.

My style/position/body type.

1 Grinder/forward(RW or Centre), usually take more wrist/snap shots but can take the occasional slap shot as well. I'm about 6'3 almost 6'4 and weigh anywhere from 190-195 pounds.

I'm using a 80 flex stick now, not sure about kick points or whatever else I need to know since it's a crappy stick and needs to be replaced eventually.

Any advice for those two sticks or something you'd recommend for a player like myself? I like getting deals since sticks are on sale, 50% off is simply too much to resist

Rookie109 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
04-22-2014, 09:14 AM
19Backstrom
Cup or bust

vCash: 622
Quote:
Originally Posted by Rookie109 View Post
OK, I've noticed some stick sales in a few stores in my area and I wanted some basic advice for what I should look for for my playing style.

Two sticks I've seen on sale for about 50% off are the Reebok 20K SR (regular,medium, and stiff flex) and the Warrior Diablo. 85 and 100 flex available.

My style/position/body type.

1 Grinder/forward(RW or Centre), usually take more wrist/snap shots but can take the occasional slap shot as well. I'm about 6'3 almost 6'4 and weigh anywhere from 190-195 pounds.

I'm using a 80 flex stick now, not sure about kick points or whatever else I need to know since it's a crappy stick and needs to be replaced eventually.

Any advice for those two sticks or something you'd recommend for a player like myself? I like getting deals since sticks are on sale, 50% off is simply too much to resist
These are 2 great sticks, but I've heard that the Diablo has some blade durability issues. You're a big guy, you should be fine using a 100 flex stick.

19Backstrom is online now   Reply With Quote
Old
04-22-2014, 01:23 PM
Rookie109

vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Onetimersniper28 View Post
These are 2 great sticks, but I've heard that the Diablo has some blade durability issues. You're a big guy, you should be fine using a 100 flex stick.
Well, neither of those sticks are available anymore here at 50% off, they were all sold out. However, I got a Reebok 18K Sickick Dual Grip stick for 60% off, I couldn't resist the price and I think it's a massive step-up from my old crappy Powertek

Rookie109 is offline   Reply With Quote