HFBoards

Go Back   HFBoards > NHL Eastern Conference > Atlantic Division > Montreal Canadiens
Mobile Hockey's Future Become a Sponsor Site Rules Support Forum vBookie Page 2
Notices

The reason why Ribeiro got traded...

Old
03-05-2007, 11:15 AM
Astaroth

vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by franchise player View Post
That means nothing... You know the kind of guy he is.
That's ****ing crap and you know it. Do you know him personally? I don't like him but I can't stand character assasinations like this.

While I've seen him out partying more than a few times, what's wrong with that? You can be married and still have a good time dancing and drinking.

Screw Gagnon, this has no business being in the papers and how is he suppose to defend himself against this? As a journalist, he has to know the limits of good taste. It's freakin libel.

Astaroth is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
03-05-2007, 11:15 AM
MoonlightGraham

Quote:
Originally Posted by Shabutie View Post
Either way, whether the story is real or not...This doesn't deserve to be published.

Ribeiro is not involved with the team any longer, and this is a very touchy subject, especially when you cannot know if this is 100% true or not.
Very true, I agree.

MoonlightGraham is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
03-05-2007, 11:17 AM
Habsfan18

I really don't know how anyone can defend the french media....

Habsfan18 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
03-05-2007, 11:18 AM
Shabutie

Quote:
Originally Posted by AymanD View Post
So this has become another: "Let's bash the french media" thread...
They're the ones who drive the players out of here and keep UFAs from even considering this place.

Shabutie is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
03-05-2007, 11:18 AM
Habsfan18

Quote:
They're the ones who drive the players out of here and keep UFAs from even considering this place.
bingo!

And they make french players sound out to be the next great one.

Old
03-05-2007, 11:19 AM
AH

Quote:

It didn't need to be mentioned. Gagnon is trying to justify getting rid of Kovalev due to the fall out of the interview by referring to past womanizing incidents around the league.

What does the Kovy interview in RUSSIA have anything to do with Brind'Amour trying to lay the bricks down on one of his teammates wives in PHILLY.

Why not try to write along the lines that Kovalev has become a distraction and his teammates will no longer trust him. Why mention who wanted to screw whose wife to get his point across?

RIDICULOUS SENSATIONALISM.

AH is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
03-05-2007, 11:19 AM
Habs10Habs
Retired

vCash: 255
Quote:
I don't think it's all the French Media's fault, but I think they do play a part.

Habs10Habs is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
03-05-2007, 11:21 AM
Ross MacLochness

This organization is one big joke right now on every level.

I'm starting to think that many fans and members of the media following this team literally get off on scandals and rumour.

Ross MacLochness is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
03-05-2007, 11:21 AM
deandebean

Quote:
Originally Posted by Habsfan18 View Post
I will, bud.

Go to NYC. The media is the same in all big cities. Welcome to the real world, bud.

If you want to talk about character assassination, go talk to Jacques Lemaire, and his superb relationship with Brooks, the journalist.

My god, you all sound like "vierges offensées"!

You play a pro sport, you're in the spotlight. Gotta live with it. Tough.

Last edited by montreal: 03-05-2007 at 11:23 AM. Reason: filter
deandebean is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
03-05-2007, 11:23 AM
deandebean

I'm not a big Gagnon fan, personally. He's a friend of somebody I know, and can be pretentious. And, yes, that comment on Ribeiro was gratuitous. But could be that a member of the organisation wanted his rep spoiled, since the guy is having some success as of late in Dallas. Just maybe...

deandebean is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
03-05-2007, 11:24 AM
Sean Ruck

There comes a point when a journalist must show something called discretion, and Gagnon appears to have failed to do so on this matter. In my first post I bashed the French media, and while they do deserve bashing on many things I'd like to retract that statement and simply direct it at Gagnon. Ribiero is not a Hab, and he's not overly missed by the team on the ice or in the clubhouse. He is simply a carbon copy of what they already have, a set-up guy who doesnt finish and causes a stir in the locker room. Gagnon has no reason to post this, simply because it doesnt matter.

If it were someone like Rivet who was recently dealt and spent a long time with the organization, I could understand it, I wouldnt like it but I'd understand it, or if it were a current player than though I wouldnt want it in the press, I would fully understand why Gagnon reported it. However, Gagnon printing this is like a Philadelphia blogger writing that Terrell Owens was really released from the Eagles because he did drugs with Andy Reid's kids. Both are equally sensitive, more than likely unable to be proven true or false without admission, and irrelevant.

Last edited by Sean Ruck: 03-05-2007 at 11:31 AM.
Sean Ruck is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
03-05-2007, 11:25 AM
Kostitsyn404*

Quote:
I wonder why that is though? If they weren't so god damn stupid people wouldn't bash them would they? American media is worse then the French though. British even worse.

Kostitsyn404* is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
03-05-2007, 11:27 AM
Kostitsyn404*

Quote:
bingo!

And they make french players sound out to be the next great one.
*cough* Guillame Latendresse.

Kostitsyn404* is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
03-05-2007, 11:32 AM
tiredman

It is just me or he is tring to protect BG for this "joke" trade at the beginning of the season ?

Even if it's true, it was not the best way to get rid of Ribeiro. They should have waited longer (and getting a better offer) before trading him.

Anyway, if it's true, that means BG decided to accept to have a weaker team because of his personal reasons.

tiredman is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
03-05-2007, 11:33 AM
MoonlightGraham

Quote:
Always blaming the french media makes it sound like you have a problem with the fact that it's in french. I'm not saying it's the case, but as a francophone, it gets tiring. I agree the players probably don't like the media here, but I don't think it's different from the media with the Dallas Cowboys or New York Yankees. And their media is all english.

What about blaming the media surrounding the Canadiens in general, instead of just the french media? Apart from the Latendresse being a superstar thing, I don't think the french and english media are that different.

MoonlightGraham is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
03-05-2007, 11:35 AM
Habsfan18

Quote:
Originally Posted by Vinc View Post
Always blaming the french media makes it sound like you have a problem with the fact that it's in french. I'm not saying it's the case, but as a francophone, it gets tiring. I agree the players probably don't like the media here, but I don't think it's different from the media with the Dallas Cowboys or New York Yankees. And their media is all english.

What about blaming the media surrounding the Canadiens in general, instead of just the french media?
Well, I don't mean to sound like an ******* here...but it's not surprising that some people from Montreal take offense to people bashing the french media.

I have nothing against french people (I come from a french family). But as for the french media in Montreal...that's a different story.

Old
03-05-2007, 11:37 AM
tiredman

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kostitsyn404 View Post
*cough* Guillame Latendresse.
I don't think they really overrated him. Nobody really said he was to be the great one or that he would be the calder winner at the end of the season.

But, I agree most medias tend to not crictize players who speak french (that's normal anyway. french medias travel with the team and probably speak more to french players than the others).

tiredman is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
03-05-2007, 11:39 AM
Habsfan18

Quote:
Originally Posted by HABS456 View Post
I don't think they really overrated him. Nobody really said he was to be the great one or that he would be the calder winner at the end of the season.

But, I agree most medias tend to not crictize players who speak french (that's normal anyway. french medias travel with the team and probably speak more to french players than the others).
Well, It could be argued that our boy Gui wouldn't have made any other team in the NHL out of training camp.

And while many of you guys will get offended by this...would he have gotten the attention and chance to make the team this season if his name was something like Gary Smith? I highly doubt it...

Old
03-05-2007, 11:40 AM
Habs10Habs
Retired

Quote:
Originally Posted by Slip Slidin' Slim View Post
This organization is one big joke right now on every level.

I'm starting to think that many fans and members of the media following this team literally get off on scandals and rumour.

It definitely seems like that...when the team was winning, you never heard any of this ****. But now that they aren't...the media has to keep the fans interested somehow.

Old
03-05-2007, 11:42 AM
!nkubus

There is something, really wrong , rotten and classless in this organization, and it's called THE MEDIAS...

!nkubus is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
03-05-2007, 11:42 AM
Sean Ruck

Quote:
Originally Posted by Habs10Habs View Post
It definitely seems like that...when the team was winning, you never heard any of this ****. But now that they aren't...the media has to keep the fans interested somehow.
Well thats kind of natural, a winning locker room is usually happier than a losing one. I just find it kind of ironic that when the team was on such a high I kept hearing how losing Ribs and Theodore had made the locker room dynamic much healthier, and now it appears to be as bad as ever.

Sean Ruck is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
03-05-2007, 11:45 AM
Habs10Habs
Retired

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sean Ruck View Post
Well thats kind of natural, a winning locker room is usually happier than a losing one. I just find it kind of ironic that when the team was on such a high I kept hearing how losing Ribs and Theodore had made the locker room dynamic much healthier, and now it appears to be as bad as ever.
I agree...but since we got off to such a good start, the obvious thing was to say that Ribs and Theo were the problems. It wasn't until the last few months that we see that maybe...they weren't the only problems.

Old
03-05-2007, 11:46 AM
Whitesnake
Steel your Habs away

vCash: 725
Quote:
Originally Posted by HABS456 View Post

Exactly. Some people are just believing in what they're saying. The only thing that was mentioned is that based on his 2 pre-camps, he should've made it and now you had that Bergeron who was panicking because of it and so on.....but then when he was plain terrible after his 10-games stint, even Bergeron was wondering if it wasn't good to return him and pratically everybody INCLUDING the French medias were wondering why Carbonneau was saying that Lats would stay here no matter what, they were pratically all questionning that decision......Sure, Lats was put on a piedestal.....

And I remember clearly at the beginning of the year, Michel Villeneuve, and we know the kind of respect he deserves...., was asking the people how much did they think Guillaume would score.....Pratically everybody was saying more than 20 goals but he was saying from 8 to 15th at the most. That people should stop thinking he's some kind of saviour.....

So again, the Latendresse is the king is not true at all. 'Cause if so, I didn't know that Michel Bergeron represents all the French Medias in Montreal.

Whitesnake is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
03-05-2007, 11:47 AM
beowulf
Not a nice guy.

Send a message via MSN to beowulf
Quote:
Originally Posted by waffledave View Post
Haha what did Ribeiro expect? He looks like a ratfink! Any girl would go running to the boss if he was pursuing her!

btw I don't beleive this for a second. Ribeiro is married with kids.
And this stops so many atheletes.

beowulf is online now   Reply With Quote
Old
03-05-2007, 11:48 AM
Habs721*

When they're winning noody has an appetite for this crap. The sleaze bag media members know this intuitively (gutless scum that they). They know they'll get chewed up if things are going well. Wait for a losing streak. Then try to effect your agenda.

Habs721* is offline   Reply With Quote