HFBoards

Go Back   HFBoards > NHL Western Conference > Pacific Division > Arizona Coyotes
Notices

Rangers recall Tyutin from Hartford

Closed Thread
 
Thread Tools
Old
02-09-2004, 04:03 PM
  #1
Guest
Registered User
 
Join Date: Feb 2003
Posts: 5,250
vCash: 500
Rangers recall Tyutin from Hartford

Tyutin & Lundmark are the top two names that were rumored out of New York in a Burke deal. I just found it interesting that the Rangers recalled Tyutin (they actually need him) but perhaps to showcase him for a trade, or at the request of a suitor.

Guest is offline  
Old
02-09-2004, 04:51 PM
  #2
ParisSaintGermain
Registered User
 
Join Date: Jan 2004
Posts: 3,395
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by GoCoyotes
Tyutin & Lundmark are the top two names that were rumored out of New York in a Burke deal. I just found it interesting that the Rangers recalled Tyutin (they actually need him) but perhaps to showcase him for a trade, or at the request of a suitor.
I am not convinced to be honest. I read somewhere last week and before that this whole trade thing happened that Sather was keen to have a look at Tyutin with the Rangers team.

ParisSaintGermain is offline  
Old
02-09-2004, 05:02 PM
  #3
PhoPhan
Registered User
 
Join Date: Feb 2002
Posts: 13,229
vCash: 500
Doubt Tjutin gets moved.

PhoPhan is offline  
Old
02-09-2004, 05:10 PM
  #4
hbk
Registered User
 
hbk's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2002
Country: Canada
Posts: 9,590
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by PhoPhan
Doubt Tjutin gets moved.
to be honest I was very surprised to hear that the Rangers have/were offering up Tjutin for Burke. If true, you would think that Phoenix would be all over that.

hbk is offline  
Old
02-09-2004, 05:13 PM
  #5
PhoPhan
Registered User
 
Join Date: Feb 2002
Posts: 13,229
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by hbk
to be honest I was very surprised to hear that the Rangers have/were offering up Tjutin for Burke. If true, you would think that Phoenix would be all over that.
I agree. I was quite surprised that either team valued Lundmark over Tjutin.

PhoPhan is offline  
Old
02-09-2004, 05:17 PM
  #6
hbk
Registered User
 
hbk's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2002
Country: Canada
Posts: 9,590
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by PhoPhan
I agree. I was quite surprised that either team valued Lundmark over Tjutin.
problem is the New York Media and the fans know Lundmark. They aren't familiar with Tjutin so it would be easier to deal him without people calling for Sather's head.

hbk is offline  
Old
02-09-2004, 05:18 PM
  #7
ParisSaintGermain
Registered User
 
Join Date: Jan 2004
Posts: 3,395
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by hbk
If true, you would think that Phoenix would be all over that.
No i don't think so. Tyutin is still only a prospect and if it was case of getting Tyutin or Comrie, I believe the Phoenix management will always go for Comrie.
I believe that as much as possible, the Coyotes want to improve the team now. I suspect that they still belive that the team can make the playoffs and just need a boost. Getting Tyutin would have no instant impact even if on the long term... But then I am sure we all agree!

ParisSaintGermain is offline  
Old
02-09-2004, 05:23 PM
  #8
hbk
Registered User
 
hbk's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2002
Country: Canada
Posts: 9,590
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by ParisSaintGermain
No i don't think so. Tyutin is still only a prospect and if it was case of getting Tyutin or Comrie, I believe the Phoenix management will always go for Comrie.
I believe that as much as possible, the Coyotes want to improve the team now. I suspect that they still belive that the team can make the playoffs and just need a boost. Getting Tyutin would have no instant impact even if on the long term... But then I am sure we all agree!
I've always been a firm beleiver in building from the goal out. Our defense projects to be very good but a gem like Tjutin would be a huge bonus to making our defense dominant for many, many years.

I wasn't factoring the Comrie rumors into my earlier post. I agree that Phoenix would prefer to have Comrie at this time.

hbk is offline  
Old
02-09-2004, 05:37 PM
  #9
ParisSaintGermain
Registered User
 
Join Date: Jan 2004
Posts: 3,395
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by hbk
I've always been a firm beleiver in building from the goal out.
I agree with that. And it is true with most of the sports. You never going to win anything with an average D.
That is why I think that to have Francis as coach right now just doesn't make sense. He is a coach for team playing solid defense as a priority but he is given the youngest defensive corp the Coyotes ever had. Prone to mistakes with no experienced guys to take advises or learn from.

ParisSaintGermain is offline  
Old
02-09-2004, 06:54 PM
  #10
scoob4093
HFBoards Sponsor
 
scoob4093's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2003
Location: Springfield Ma.
Posts: 866
vCash: 500
Send a message via MSN to scoob4093
Tyutin hasn't played for Hartford since Dec. because of a knee injury. Looks like he's ready to come back.

scoob4093 is offline  
Closed Thread

Forum Jump


Bookmarks

Thread Tools

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off



All times are GMT -5. The time now is 03:15 AM.

monitoring_string = "e4251c93e2ba248d29da988d93bf5144"
Contact Us - HFBoards - Archive - Privacy Statement - Terms of Use - Advertise - Top - AdChoices

vBulletin Copyright ©2000 - 2014, Jelsoft Enterprises Ltd.
HFBoards.com is a property of CraveOnline Media, LLC, an Evolve Media, LLC company. 2014 All Rights Reserved.