HFBoards

Go Back   HFBoards > NHL Western Conference > Pacific Division > Arizona Coyotes
Notices

Rangers recall Tyutin from Hartford

Closed Thread

Old
02-09-2004, 04:03 PM

vCash: 500
Rangers recall Tyutin from Hartford

Tyutin & Lundmark are the top two names that were rumored out of New York in a Burke deal. I just found it interesting that the Rangers recalled Tyutin (they actually need him) but perhaps to showcase him for a trade, or at the request of a suitor.

Old
02-09-2004, 04:51 PM
ParisSaintGermain

Quote:
Originally Posted by GoCoyotes
Tyutin & Lundmark are the top two names that were rumored out of New York in a Burke deal. I just found it interesting that the Rangers recalled Tyutin (they actually need him) but perhaps to showcase him for a trade, or at the request of a suitor.
I am not convinced to be honest. I read somewhere last week and before that this whole trade thing happened that Sather was keen to have a look at Tyutin with the Rangers team.

Old
02-09-2004, 05:02 PM
PhoPhan

Doubt Tjutin gets moved.

Old
02-09-2004, 05:10 PM
hbk

Quote:
Originally Posted by PhoPhan
Doubt Tjutin gets moved.
to be honest I was very surprised to hear that the Rangers have/were offering up Tjutin for Burke. If true, you would think that Phoenix would be all over that.

Old
02-09-2004, 05:13 PM
PhoPhan

Quote:
Originally Posted by hbk
to be honest I was very surprised to hear that the Rangers have/were offering up Tjutin for Burke. If true, you would think that Phoenix would be all over that.
I agree. I was quite surprised that either team valued Lundmark over Tjutin.

Old
02-09-2004, 05:17 PM
hbk

Quote:
Originally Posted by PhoPhan
I agree. I was quite surprised that either team valued Lundmark over Tjutin.
problem is the New York Media and the fans know Lundmark. They aren't familiar with Tjutin so it would be easier to deal him without people calling for Sather's head.

Old
02-09-2004, 05:18 PM
ParisSaintGermain

Quote:
Originally Posted by hbk
If true, you would think that Phoenix would be all over that.
No i don't think so. Tyutin is still only a prospect and if it was case of getting Tyutin or Comrie, I believe the Phoenix management will always go for Comrie.
I believe that as much as possible, the Coyotes want to improve the team now. I suspect that they still belive that the team can make the playoffs and just need a boost. Getting Tyutin would have no instant impact even if on the long term... But then I am sure we all agree!

Old
02-09-2004, 05:23 PM
hbk

Quote:
Originally Posted by ParisSaintGermain
No i don't think so. Tyutin is still only a prospect and if it was case of getting Tyutin or Comrie, I believe the Phoenix management will always go for Comrie.
I believe that as much as possible, the Coyotes want to improve the team now. I suspect that they still belive that the team can make the playoffs and just need a boost. Getting Tyutin would have no instant impact even if on the long term... But then I am sure we all agree!
I've always been a firm beleiver in building from the goal out. Our defense projects to be very good but a gem like Tjutin would be a huge bonus to making our defense dominant for many, many years.

I wasn't factoring the Comrie rumors into my earlier post. I agree that Phoenix would prefer to have Comrie at this time.

Old
02-09-2004, 05:37 PM
ParisSaintGermain

Quote:
Originally Posted by hbk
I've always been a firm beleiver in building from the goal out.
I agree with that. And it is true with most of the sports. You never going to win anything with an average D.
That is why I think that to have Francis as coach right now just doesn't make sense. He is a coach for team playing solid defense as a priority but he is given the youngest defensive corp the Coyotes ever had. Prone to mistakes with no experienced guys to take advises or learn from.

Old
02-09-2004, 06:54 PM
scoob4093
HFBoards Sponsor

Send a message via MSN to scoob4093
Tyutin hasn't played for Hartford since Dec. because of a knee injury. Looks like he's ready to come back.

Closed Thread