HFBoards

Go Back   HFBoards > NHL Western Conference > Pacific Division > Edmonton Oilers
Mobile Hockey's Future Become a Sponsor Site Rules Support Forum vBookie Page 2
Notices

Brad Stuart headbutt?

Old
03-04-2007, 01:09 PM
hibbleton

vCash: 500
Brad Stuart headbutt?

I watched Sportsnet Connected last night (I missed Sportscentre!) as I was falling asleep and I heard them mention that Brad Stuart headbutted Raffi Torres during a shoving match in front of the net. This was immediately following Stuart's bodycheck on Hemsky that forced him to leave the game. I can't find any video or written evidence of this. There might have been some on Sportsnet Connected last night, but like I said, I was falling asleep.

Did anyone else catch this?

They said that he got cut on the play and I found this picture on the Oilers' website: http://img113.imageshack.us/img113/8400/torresly5.png

hibbleton is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
03-04-2007, 02:31 PM
voxel

Quote:
Originally Posted by hibbleton View Post
I watched Sportsnet Connected last night (I missed Sportscentre!) as I was falling asleep and I heard them mention that Brad Stuart headbutted Raffi Torres during a shoving match in front of the net. This was immediately following Stuart's bodycheck on Hemsky that forced him to leave the game. I can't find any video or written evidence of this. There might have been some on Sportsnet Connected last night, but like I said, I was falling asleep.

Did anyone else catch this?
Saw the game and saw the headbutt (they replayed it on CBC). Stuart + Torres were jostling in front of the net after Kippersuck held the puck. I think Stuart jabbed Torres first then Torres pushed back, but Stuart headbutted Torres (intentional?) afterwards. Jacques and Stortini were trying to run everybody over earlier.

The hit on Hemsky was basically Stuart pushing him up onto the boards as they were dashing for the puck behind Kipper. Looked innocent though... Hemksy must be a featherweight because Stuart pinned him for a second and lifted him off the ice by a foot.

voxel is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
03-04-2007, 02:38 PM
vbet*

Torres can take it. I'm just glad we didn't trade for Stuart, he really isn't anything special.

vbet* is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
03-04-2007, 02:50 PM
hibbleton

Ah, well, I was at the game so I didn't see the headbutt replay.

A headbutt can merit supplementary discipline... anyone else hope the Oilers send in a tape? Or was it severe enough to warrant a suspension?

hibbleton is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
03-04-2007, 02:55 PM
Walsher

Quote:

A headbutt can merit supplementary discipline... anyone else hope the Oilers send in a tape? Or was it severe enough to warrant a suspension?
I was watching that play at the game and it looked to me like Torres reciprocated the headbutt - not worth disciplinary action IMO.

Walsher is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
03-04-2007, 02:57 PM
Narnia
HFBoards Sponsor

Send a message via MSN to Narnia
Quote:

I hope they send the tape to the league. That headbutt could have caused another injury to an already decimated lineup.

03-04-2007, 03:18 PM
voxel

No suprise... Hemsky is hurt:

http://www.tsn.ca/nhl/feature/?fid=10460&hubname=

The kid needs to beef up or we need him with Stortini all the time.

voxel is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
03-04-2007, 04:38 PM
rprice92

hemsky is the biggest p***y i have ever seen.. the most innocent plays he gets hurt off of it. lameass.. one of the reasons i hate him.. so weak

rprice92 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
03-04-2007, 04:48 PM
metallicat

Quote:
Originally Posted by rprice92 View Post
hemsky is the biggest p***y i have ever seen.. the most innocent plays he gets hurt off of it. lameass.. one of the reasons i hate him.. so weak
Innocent looking plays have hurt far more people, far bigger than Hemsky. Calling him a ***** is pretty weak on your end, if you ask me. You don't know exactly what happened during that hit.

And reading the TSN link, it says he reagrivated a past injury. That makes it even easier to hurt in weird situations.

metallicat is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
03-04-2007, 04:52 PM
vbet*

Quote:
Originally Posted by voxel View Post
No suprise... Hemsky is hurt:

http://www.tsn.ca/nhl/feature/?fid=10460&hubname=

The kid needs to beef up or we need him with Stortini all the time.
Sit him for the rest of the year. Put him on IR and lets bring up Nilsson or Shremp and give them some exp. I'd prefer Nilsson.

vbet* is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
03-04-2007, 05:11 PM
imkinger

Quote:
Says the man with the Rob Schremp avatar.

imkinger is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
03-04-2007, 05:47 PM
melubsdonna

I saw the headbutt. It didnt really look like it was intentional... and it was very light, although it doesnt take much and torres was bleeding after. But yea, it looked inconsequential to me, and probably to torres too since he didnt do anything about it, he didnt go nuts or start hitting stuart back.... they just broke up the tussle and then left on their separate ways.

melubsdonna is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
03-04-2007, 05:47 PM
BleedingOil

Quote:
Originally Posted by imkinger View Post
Says the man with the Rob Schremp avatar.
lol no ****. Hemsky is tough as nails.

BleedingOil is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
03-04-2007, 06:03 PM
Ad Rock

Quote:
Nothing like going on the internet an anonymously calling someone a p***y from the safety and comfort of your computer desk.

Hemsky has been crushed more times this year than probably any other forward on the team and would always bounce back up and get back into the play.

Is Moreau a p***sy cause he threw his shoulder out pulling his arm back against Markov, I am remember lots of people stating how the play looked pretty innocent at the time as well.

But then again you already stated you hate Hemsky so I am pretty sure Hemsky will always be a p***y in your eyes .

Ad Rock is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
03-04-2007, 10:13 PM
CB420

Quote:
you wanna strap on the blades then buddy? n see how tough it might look actually being on the ice, with the best hockey players in the world cruising around at speeds of 25mph to 35mph. I can agree that hemmer himself would probably admit that he needs to put on a few more pounds, so he can protect pucks a little better. To call him that is just ignorant dude, have you just become a fan or something, have you not noticed last year, playoff series, his goal against carolina against ward, the bobby orr goal were he dove around then shoveled it in. He's more than willing to take a hit to make a play, to keep the puck going, he always responds after a big hit comes back more p';od and usually plays better like that. I was at rexall last night, i didnt notice the hit, saw it on replay later n like Mact mentioned in the postgame, just seemed like hemmer got his skates parrell to the boards reaching for a puck n stuart hit him awkwardly and he re-aggrivated it... hate is such a strong word dude, critisize him ok, but to question his mental toughness and character is idiotic, Lupul maybe, but not #83... to say u hate him as a player, hates a strong word man. wow, go cheer for the chicago blackhawks or something.

CB420 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
03-05-2007, 12:08 PM
missinthejets

anyone who calls hemsky a ***** clearly doesn't watch him play. The dude takes so many shots it's not even funny and more often than not he keeps on going.

missinthejets is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
03-05-2007, 12:14 PM
Danny__K

Ignoring the Hemsky stuff.

I saw the headbutt on CBC, don't think the announcers saw it. Looked pretty unintentional to me, like Stuart lost his balance and lurched forward or something.

Danny__K is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
03-05-2007, 12:21 PM
JDubs

Quote:
Originally Posted by Danny__K View Post
Ignoring the Hemsky stuff.

I saw the headbutt on CBC, don't think the announcers saw it. Looked pretty unintentional to me, like Stuart lost his balance and lurched forward or something.
No the announcers definitely saw it because they mentioned it. Hell, if they hadn't mentioned it I probably wouldn't have even seen it. Looked pretty unintentional, and if Torres didn't go ******* afterwards, it probably was.

JDubs is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
03-05-2007, 12:49 PM
rprice92

Quote:
Originally Posted by CB420 View Post
you wanna strap on the blades then buddy? n see how tough it might look actually being on the ice, with the best hockey players in the world cruising around at speeds of 25mph to 35mph. I can agree that hemmer himself would probably admit that he needs to put on a few more pounds, so he can protect pucks a little better. To call him that is just ignorant dude, have you just become a fan or something, have you not noticed last year, playoff series, his goal against carolina against ward, the bobby orr goal were he dove around then shoveled it in. He's more than willing to take a hit to make a play, to keep the puck going, he always responds after a big hit comes back more p';od and usually plays better like that. I was at rexall last night, i didnt notice the hit, saw it on replay later n like Mact mentioned in the postgame, just seemed like hemmer got his skates parrell to the boards reaching for a puck n stuart hit him awkwardly and he re-aggrivated it... hate is such a strong word dude, critisize him ok, but to question his mental toughness and character is idiotic, Lupul maybe, but not #83... to say u hate him as a player, hates a strong word man. wow, go cheer for the chicago blackhawks or something.
how am i not allowed to hate him? and no, i haven't just became a fan of the oilers.. i haven't liked hemsky since day one... everybody overrates him here and thinks he's god's gift to the oilers when basically the whole team is better than him.. he was supposed to be our top player this year.. 5 years in to the league.. and what is this garbage? 9 goals? what happened to superstar status? hemsky gets over blown for his talent he MAY have but doesn't use.. yes he shows flashes of brilliance but more than not, he gives the puck away or gets bodied off the puck like he was a little girl. and every hit he takes he takes more than the usual time to get up that other players take. he's soft and weak and EVERYBODY puts him on a pedastle and i hate it.. it's like you guys have hardons for him every time he touches the puck yet most of the time the play dies with him more than anything... isn't he supposed to be one of our PP quarterbacks and yet can't even seem to hit the net with his wrist shots lately? hemsky is terrible and until he becomes more consistent with putting up points on a regular basis i will not like him... potential is there but he has had 5 YEARS to tap into it... overrated and over priced...

rprice92 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
03-05-2007, 12:58 PM
JDubs

Quote:
how am i not allowed to hate him? and no, i haven't just became a fan of the oilers.. i haven't liked hemsky since day one... everybody overrates him here and thinks he's god's gift to the oilers when basically the whole team is better than him.. he was supposed to be our top player this year.. 5 years in to the league.. and what is this garbage? 9 goals? what happened to superstar status? hemsky gets over blown for his talent he MAY have but doesn't use.. yes he shows flashes of brilliance but more than not, he gives the puck away or gets bodied off the puck like he was a little girl. and every hit he takes he takes more than the usual time to get up that other players take. he's soft and weak and EVERYBODY puts him on a pedastle and i hate it.. it's like you guys have hardons for him every time he touches the puck yet most of the time the play dies with him more than anything... isn't he supposed to be one of our PP quarterbacks and yet can't even seem to hit the net with his wrist shots lately? hemsky is terrible and until he becomes more consistent with putting up points on a regular basis i will not like him... potential is there but he has had 5 YEARS to tap into it... overrated and over priced...
I'm not gonna lie, your points are somewhat vaild, if not a little overstated and exaggerated. The one thing I can't get over is the hypocrisy. You have a Schremp avatar, so I can assume you're a Schremp fan. But what has he done to be anointed our PP savior and a future Brett Hull? He's 20 years old, still in the AHL and hasn't seen a lick of NHL playing time. He's been a healthy scratch in the freaking AHL and has had trouble cracking a WBS lineup that is having trouble filling the roster because of Penguin callups. He made progress on imo his biggest weakness (skating) a while back, but has again regressed and not really shown that much improvement. At this point in time he's nothing more than a shootout sideshow who has yet to really show any flashes of brilliance at the pro level; while his OHL days are impressive, I wouldn't put a lot of stock into it (see: Dan Cleary)

JDubs is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
03-05-2007, 01:12 PM
oiler4ever

Quote:
meh. so are you telling me that Moreau is a wuzz too. Strange things happens in hockey.

oiler4ever is offline   Reply With Quote