HFBoards

Go Back   HFBoards > NHL Western Conference > Pacific Division > Edmonton Oilers
Mobile Hockey's Future Become a Sponsor Site Rules Support Forum vBookie Page 2
Notices

Mick McGeough Appreciation Thread

Old
03-05-2007, 10:50 AM
nanook

vCash: 500
Mick McGeough Appreciation Thread

So, how ironic is that the point we lost may have been a blessing in disguise. We may now have Mick to thank for a slightly higher draft pick this year. Shame that Patrik Stefan missed that empty net, though.

nanook is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
03-05-2007, 10:57 AM
nafrelio

I guess I should change my avatar now...

nafrelio is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
03-05-2007, 11:07 AM
Replacement
Now with 9% more zen

You have just entered the Twilight Zone!

"There is a fifth dimension beyond that which is known to man. It is a dimension as vast as space and as timeless as infinity. It is the middle ground between light and shadow, between science and superstition, and it lies between the pit of man's fears and the summit of his knowledge. This is the dimension of imagination. It is an area we call...

The Twilight Zone." - Rod Serling's original introduction to The Twilight Zone.

Replacement is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
03-05-2007, 11:13 AM
oil slick
HFBoards Sponsor

oil slick is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
03-05-2007, 12:36 PM
T-Funk

vCash: 1020
i didnt forget about that game, but i did forget about the point
that would be absolutely hilarious if it came down to that

if these guys could actually pull it back together and came within a point

T-Funk is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
03-05-2007, 01:20 PM
OYLer

Really put that PK to the test but play lose and go for them shorties...

I say change nothing. keep the same tortured systems play, overplay our best players, keep taking loads of penalties, play reactive instead of proactive, retalitate insreas instead initiate agression, let other teams run are skilled guys and hurt them but never assert that tactic first in order to make other teams take dumb penalties. Never exact enough hardnosed payback and send the message that the risk of running a Hemsky ain't worth the risk of losing a Naslund, Sackic, Zetterberg, Gaborik, Thorton, Iginla, Selanne, Sedin, Kariya, etc. buy running them hard. I'm not saying dirty just concentrate on finishing the checks on those players hard and often.

Isn't that why we have JFK, Winchester, Stortini, Green, Smith, Torres, Nedved (before you laugh the guy is 6' 3'' with diminishing skills he needs to change his game if he wants to stay in the NHL). And our younger core of defense had better toughen-up and get mean or tattoo target their backs.

Or maybe shinny-time is over and Hammer-Time returns, The Oilers re-establish that, "We are not a team to be messed with!" idenity before the end of the regular season. Might not win more games, sitting in the sin bin, after taking a close charging call or two minute for just 'body-checking a Sar' but payback will be exacted and the message sent.

Finishing the season with a few more hardnosed penalties, dust-ups, fights, loose run-and-gun play, a brawl or two maybe, wont help win more game but the fans will love it. Philly and Boston padded the gate for years with that style of play and a poor level of success.

Last edited by OYLer: 03-05-2007 at 01:27 PM.
OYLer is offline   Reply With Quote