HFBoards

Go Back   HFBoards > NHL Eastern Conference > Atlantic Division > Montreal Canadiens
Mobile Hockey's Future Become a Sponsor Site Rules Support Forum vBookie Page 2
Notices

The reason why Ribeiro got traded...

Old
03-05-2007, 02:26 PM
Pere Noel

vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by John Ho View Post
From Francois Gagnon's Blog on cyberpresse.ca. Francois Gagnon is a reliable journalist in Montreal:

Well, let me now question is credibility as well... After all, He starts his article with tons of reference to the LaPresse's Kovalev article, as if it was pure truth.
Guy Carbonneau ne sait pas coacher. Guy Carbonneau nous empêche de jouer en nous confiant à un style défensif. Guy Carbonneau n’aime pas les Russes. Les jeunes de cette organisation ont du talent, mais n’ont pas de tête. On dit qu’on forme une grosse équipe, mais c’est du chacun pour soi aussitôt qu’on se retrouve sur la patinoire…

Toutes ces accusations, constatations ou grandes vérités selon le point de vue que vous avez sont d’Alex Kovalev.

Il les a formulées par le biais d’une entrevue téléphonique accordée à une station de radio russe RADIOMAYAK et dont la transcription s’est retrouvée dans les pages de la revue sportive FOOTBALL-HOCKEY

Pere Noel is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
03-05-2007, 02:29 PM
coolguy21415
HFBoards Sponsor

Quote:
Originally Posted by jason allison'fans View Post
and we all know that nobody cheating on nobody here in quebec
Damn you. Your comment made me laugh out loud, except it came out as kind of a chuckle/laugh.. a chortle if you will. Now the attractive woman in the booth next to me (I'm at a coffee shop) now thinks I'm some degree of mentally handicapped.

03-05-2007, 02:30 PM
Habs10Habs
HFBoards Sponsor

Quote:
Originally Posted by Cyrrus147 View Post
lol everyone know that once you are married, you can't cheat your wife !

A hockey player would NEVER cheat his wife. In fact when they are on the road, they go pray at the church than they go sleep at their hotel at 6 pm (on non game day of course).
Man..it would suck to be a hockey player if that was the case. Not that there is anything wrong with going to church.

03-05-2007, 02:30 PM
DDIHH

Quote:
Originally Posted by Pere Noel View Post
Well, let me now question is credibility as well... After all, He starts his article with tons of reference to the LaPresse's Kovalev article, as if it was pure truth.
Guy Carbonneau ne sait pas coacher. Guy Carbonneau nous empêche de jouer en nous confiant à un style défensif. Guy Carbonneau n’aime pas les Russes. Les jeunes de cette organisation ont du talent, mais n’ont pas de tête. On dit qu’on forme une grosse équipe, mais c’est du chacun pour soi aussitôt qu’on se retrouve sur la patinoire…

Toutes ces accusations, constatations ou grandes vérités selon le point de vue que vous avez sont d’Alex Kovalev.

Il les a formulées par le biais d’une entrevue téléphonique accordée à une station de radio russe RADIOMAYAK et dont la transcription s’est retrouvée dans les pages de la revue sportive FOOTBALL-HOCKEY
Yeah, maybe you're right... from now, i'll say:

From Francois Gagnon's Blog on cyberpresse.ca. Francois Gagnon was a reliable journalist in Montreal:

DDIHH is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
03-05-2007, 02:31 PM
Habs10Habs
HFBoards Sponsor

Quote:
Originally Posted by RedScull View Post
Damn you. Your comment made me laugh out loud, except it came out as kind of a chuckle/laugh.. a chortle if you will. Now the attractive woman in the booth next to me (I'm at a coffee shop) now thinks I'm some degree of mentally handicapped.
Let a little drool hang out of the side of your mouth, she might just feel sorry for you and take you home.

Habs10Habs is online now   Reply With Quote
Old
03-05-2007, 02:34 PM
MXD

Isn't it Carbonneau who have a rather good looking daughter?

MXD is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
03-05-2007, 02:40 PM
Habs 4 Life
No Excuses

Quote:
Originally Posted by MXD View Post
Isn't it Carbonneau who have a rather good looking daughter?
yes

and he got traded to Dallas were she lives so it dosen't make sence

Habs 4 Life is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
03-05-2007, 02:43 PM
MXD

Quote:
Originally Posted by Habs 4 Life View Post
yes

Arrhhrnnn...
Good point.

Old
03-05-2007, 02:49 PM
Puckhead58*

Quote:
Originally Posted by John Ho View Post
From Francois Gagnon's Blog on cyberpresse.ca. Francois Gagnon is a reliable journalist in Montreal:

"Quand Mike Ribeiro a fait des propositions malhonnêtes à la fille d’un membre de l’état-major du Canadien, il s’est fait sacrer dehors lui-aussi. Bon! Dans son cas, ce n’était peut-être que la goutte qui faisait déborder la coupe… Mais ça explique pourquoi le Canadien a donné son deuxième centre pour un défenseur qui n’est pas capable de jouer régulièrement avec une équipe démunie en défense…"

in english:
"When Mike Ribeiro made a dishonest proposal to the girl of a member of the staff of the Canadian, he was traded away. In his case, it was perhaps only the drop which made overflow the cup... But that explains why the Canadien gave its second center for a defender who is not able to play regularly with a team stripped on defense... "

link: http://www.cyberpresse.ca/article/20...cheid=20070305

Someone have more info about this story?

Yeah that definitely a BS reason for trading him. I maintain that he was an idiot in the dressing room and a horrible teammate along with Theodore and Daganais, hence why none of them are in Montreal anymore.
If a married man proposed to some girl working with the Habs they would have just put a different spin on a story like that if it was about a player that they wanted to keep in the organization. So it is quite evident that this story is not true.....he was a rotten selfish teammate and he was effecting the core of the team so they moved him....end of discussion IMO!!!

Puckhead58* is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
03-05-2007, 03:01 PM
MXD

Someone who replied on the talkback involved the g-daughter of Jean Beliveau...

Old
03-05-2007, 03:15 PM
AH

Quote:
Originally Posted by Habs 4 Life View Post
yes

Guy has 2 daughters. The younger one is 20 and lives in MTL with her parents. Brendan Morrow's wife is Annie and lives in Dallas.

AH is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
03-05-2007, 04:39 PM
tinyzombies

So we have an intern to thank for getting rid of that midget shrimp? THank you lady!

tinyzombies is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
03-05-2007, 04:40 PM
MXD

Quote:
Originally Posted by AH View Post
Guy has 2 daughters. The younger one is 20 and lives in MTL with her parents. Brendan Morrow's wife is Annie and lives in Dallas.
I was obviously talking about the one in MTL...

Old
03-05-2007, 04:44 PM
Crusher20

Send a message via AIM to Crusher20 Send a message via Yahoo to Crusher20
Quote:
Originally Posted by IcE ColD View Post
Agree with that. Ribeiro isn't stupid.
Well Ribeiro hasnt really looked more smart than Theodore.. and still Theo did find a way to cheat his wife while he just had a sick little baby... what does it prove?

Still I dont say Ribeiro did something and honestly a dont give a ****.

Crusher20 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
03-05-2007, 04:48 PM
sXe
Yuuuuuup!

The most important question is : will there be a child?

Will it have Gainey's defensive awareness or Beliveau's body and Ribeiro's hands. Jounalists never ask the right quesitons.

sXe is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
03-05-2007, 04:58 PM
Astaroth

Quote:
Originally Posted by Crusher20 View Post
Well Ribeiro hasnt really looked more smart than Theodore.. and still Theo did find a way to cheat his wife while he just had a sick little baby... what does it prove?

Still I dont say Ribeiro did something and honestly a dont give a ****.
It wasn't even confirmed that Theo cheated on his wife. All there was a picture holding hands. I hold of my friends who are girls' hands, it doesn't mean crap. And really is there a need to publish these stories even if they were true?

Astaroth is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
03-05-2007, 05:02 PM
sXe
Yuuuuuup!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Astaroth View Post
It wasn't even confirmed that Theo cheated on his wife. All there was a picture holding hands. I hold of my friends who are girls' hands, it doesn't mean crap. And really is there a need to publish these stories even if they were true?
I bet you're not married.

sXe is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
03-05-2007, 05:02 PM
Habs10Habs
HFBoards Sponsor

Quote:
Originally Posted by sXe View Post
The most important question is : will there be a child?

Will it have Gainey's defensive awareness or Beliveau's body and Ribeiro's hands. Jounalists never ask the right quesitons.

Very good journalistic questions *sorry I don't even think that's a word*, you definitely have a future in journalism.

For some reason I'm picturing a little kid....dressed classy like Beliveau, with an adult sized Gainey head that likes to run around and dive a lot.

Habs10Habs is online now   Reply With Quote
Old
03-05-2007, 06:54 PM
toshiro
HFBoards Sponsor

Send a message via Yahoo to toshiro
Quote:
Originally Posted by Astaroth View Post
That's ****ing crap and you know it. Do you know him personally? I don't like him but I can't stand character assasinations like this.

While I've seen him out partying more than a few times, what's wrong with that? You can be married and still have a good time dancing and drinking.

Screw Gagnon, this has no business being in the papers and how is he suppose to defend himself against this? As a journalist, he has to know the limits of good taste. It's freakin libel.
Its only libel if it isnt true. And the onus is on Ribs to prove otherwise

toshiro is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
03-05-2007, 07:02 PM
Astaroth

Quote:
Originally Posted by sXe View Post
I bet you're not married.
Well I am 21 so it's kind of understandable.

Obviously it could be a prelude to something more intimate, but there was no hard evidence so I'll keep believing innocent until proven guilty.

Old
03-05-2007, 07:05 PM
Astaroth

Quote:
Originally Posted by toshiro View Post
Its only libel if it isnt true. And the onus is on Ribs to prove otherwise
Yes I know, I am in law and am well acquainted with the injustice of the legal system.

But he won't do anything in all likelyhood even if he was innocent because it's a big hassle. I'm just against this kind of tabloid media in sports and in general. Just because you're a public figure doesn't mean you don't deserve a modicum of respect and savoir-vivre.

Old
03-05-2007, 07:24 PM
HF-Addict

Quote:
Originally Posted by Habsfan18 View Post
bingo!

And they make french players sound out to be the next great one.

Start making sense. Your crusade against the french media is petty, pathetic and annoying. You whine about the french media protecting the french guys in a thread where it's dissing afrench player (Ribeiro).... .... ....

Go make your propangada elsewhere. Stop shoving it down our throats. Boo hoo if the players can't take the pressure.

HF-Addict is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
03-05-2007, 07:46 PM
Fish on The Sand
Untouchable

Quote:
Originally Posted by MathMan View Post
So... why didn't they say so when Ribeiro was first traded?

Why does this come out now, when they're trying to defend a huge story about another player?

Curiouser and curiouser.
maybe he tried to sleep with Carbo's daughter (Brendan Morrow's wife), and was traded to Dallas as punishment

Fish on The Sand is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
03-05-2007, 07:52 PM
Forget_The_Past

who cares what these guys do in their personal life.

right now, I would love to have brodeur who banged his sister in law in net for us over Halak or abby.

Forget_The_Past is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
03-05-2007, 07:53 PM
Blades of Glory
Troll Captain

Quote:
Originally Posted by Fish on The Sand View Post
maybe he tried to sleep with Carbo's daughter (Brendan Morrow's wife), and was traded to Dallas as punishment
I have a hunch that Ribeiro probably wouldn't put himself in danger of being killed by the rather tough Brendan Morrow.

Blades of Glory is offline   Reply With Quote