HFBoards

Go Back   HFBoards > NHL Eastern Conference > Atlantic Division > Montreal Canadiens
Mobile Hockey's Future Become a Sponsor Site Rules Support Forum vBookie Page 2
Notices

We must stand united

Old
03-05-2007, 03:27 PM
waffledave
waffledave, from hf

vCash: 500
We must stand united

The ****storm that has started today in the media is there to rile fans up, create a split in the team and split in the fanbase, and force Gainey's hand into making changes, which will not be for the better.

The team is in the midst of a tight race for the playoffs, one that will be taxing on the team and the fans alike.

We do NOT need this from journalists pushing their personal vendettas. The team does NOT need this in the middle of a playoff race. This city does NOT need this; we are already the least desireable city for free agents.

There's a big split on this board, and it's representative of the fanbase. I will admit that it's primarily driven by only a handful of posters (myself included) but it has to stop now. The team needs our support.

Let's show the team the it has our support in this stretch. Lets be real fans for once, and stop being analysts. Kovalev is a part of this team, a big part of this team, and we need him.

We need Koivu, and Samsonov, and Latendresse, and Aebischer, and Ryder, and Lapierre, and Higgins, and Markov, and Dandenault. We even need Boullion! We need them all!

Times are tough now, but lets stay positive and stop with the stupid divide in the fanbase. I'm sick of the fighting between each other. This is exactly what they are trying to accomplish with this stupid Kovalev crap.

GO HABS GO

waffledave
waffledave is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
03-05-2007, 03:31 PM
Mathletic

Gainey doesn't give a crap about the journalists and their childish stuff

Mathletic is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
03-05-2007, 03:32 PM
Whitesnake
Habs of steel

In the end, I agree. Once it's all said and done but deal with accordingly, the team and its fans has to go towards the same direction and the same goal.

Besides, you guys will be really surprised by some of our favorite journalists reactions to all of that. Listen to Villeneuve, Fournier and Bergeron right now and they are quite surprising, not necessarily being against Kovalev, really impressed with how he dealt with the situation today. Sure there's some negativity towards Gainey and a little for Kovy but not to the extent we thought we would see.

Anyway, can't wait till this is over and we start playing good hockey....if we have anything left.....

Whitesnake is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
03-05-2007, 03:33 PM
Renholder
Racing like a pro

Amen waffledude.
Let all the stuff not related to the game on the ice that's being churned out by sensationalistic media slide. Where's the love folks?

Renholder is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
03-05-2007, 03:33 PM
Athlétique_Canadien

I just sent Mathias Brunet a vicious email because I'm fed up with him monkeying around with Les Canadien!

Athlétique_Canadien is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
03-05-2007, 03:34 PM
AD

This is why I trust Gainey. The guy's tough and strong willed.

He knows the media here and knows what to take and what to throw away from what's being said.

AD is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
03-05-2007, 03:34 PM
waffledave
waffledave, from hf

Quote:
Originally Posted by FSU Seminoles View Post
This is said alot, but it's not always true. There's a reason Boullion got so much money. He knew, negotiating his contract, that Gainey would have no choice but to keep him, largely because the media put so much pressure on the team to sign him.

waffledave is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
03-05-2007, 03:36 PM
skipp18

Quote:
Originally Posted by FSU Seminoles View Post
I second that.
Gainey is not going to be intimidated by the media.
One of the reasons that the media ae all over Gainey is because he wont give them what they want. Some of the (so called) journalists in this town are basically throwing a tantrum like a 3 year old children.

skipp18 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
03-05-2007, 03:37 PM
tiredman

Quote:
Originally Posted by waffledave View Post
The ****storm that has started today in the media is there to rile fans up, create a split in the team and split in the fanbase, and force Gainey's hand into making changes, which will not be for the better.
What storm ? The Kovalev story ? I mean, sometimes I understand the medias bashing but, now, what have they done wrong ? Nothing. They just reported the story and a few journalists gave their opinion on it. I don't see the problem with that.

tiredman is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
03-05-2007, 03:39 PM
marioroberge

I think the real problem here is blogs. I noticed that the Kovalev fiasco started the same week WaffleDave wrote his first blog...is there a correlation?

....just think about it....

marioroberge is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
03-05-2007, 03:40 PM
Habs10Habs
HFBoards Sponsor

Quote:
This is said alot, but it's not always true. There's a reason Boullion got so much money. He knew, negotiating his contract, that Gainey would have no choice but to keep him, largely because the media put so much pressure on the team to sign him.
I might agree with that if Cube would have been playing badly before he was signed. But last year he was actually one of our best D-man. I don't think the media had much influence in his signing. Gainey's been around the Mtl media scene for years now, he showed that he wouldn't let the media intimidate him as a player, and I really can't see him letting the media intimidate him now.

03-05-2007, 03:42 PM
tiredman

Quote:
The medias have nothing to do with that. Bouillon is a popular player and that's why he got so much money.

Old
03-05-2007, 03:45 PM
Athlétique_Canadien

Quote:
Originally Posted by HABS456 View Post
What storm ? The Kovalev story ? I mean, sometimes I understand the medias bashing but, now, what have they done wrong ? Nothing. They just reported the story and a few journalists gave their opinion on it. I don't see the problem with that.
I hear you but the media for years has been doing or behaving this way. For YEARS.

I'm so sick and tired of their stupid interference to the point that legit stories lose all credibility because of the rotton apple stories.

STOP TRYING TO RUN THE TEAM YOU STUPID MEDIA. STOP SHINING A SPOTLIGHT ON THE TEAM WHICH IS SO BRIGHT IT IS BLINDING.!!!!!!!!!

Why would a UFA come to MTL anyway? After all, the media will roast them Monday through to Sunday

Old
Pere Noel

Quote:
Originally Posted by ATHLÉTIQUE_CANADIEN View Post
I just sent Mathias Brunet a vicious email because I'm fed up with him monkeying around with Les Canadien!

I say we BOYCOT LaPresse and cyberpresse.ca for a week for that monkey business.

They don't help us with all those tensions they create.

I say we give the players a standing ovation at the next home game (Tuesday) to show them support against the media, and more so a bigger ovation for Kovalev, and support them for the last stretch.

Pere Noel is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
AD

Quote:
Originally Posted by Habs10Habs View Post
I might agree with that if Cube would have been playing badly before he was signed. But last year he was actually one of our best D-man. I don't think the media had much influence in his signing. Gainey's been around the Mtl media scene for years now, he showed that he wouldn't let the media intimidate him as a player, and I really can't see him letting the media intimidate him now.
Best as in after Markov, Komisarek, Rivet, Souray and Dandenault last year... or best as compared to his expectation.

Then yes.

AD is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
03-05-2007, 03:48 PM
Athlétique_Canadien

And remember, the media is right. Chipchura is a loser prospect

Old
03-05-2007, 03:48 PM
Shabutie

I agreed with everything up until you said we need Bouillon.

NO ONE needs Bouillon.

Shabutie is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
03-05-2007, 03:50 PM
Stefan_Latulippe

Quote:
And remember, the media is right. Chipchura is a loser prospect
They might be right. The jury is still out for Chip.

Stefan_Latulippe is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
03-05-2007, 03:50 PM
Burnside_1

I understand this thread comes from the heart. But I don't see why I should stand united for management that hasn't done it's job in the last ten years. The team makes more money than ever, is as popular as ever. Yet nothing has changed much.

There's nothing better for Boivin than putting the blame the media. It ables them to flee from their responsability.

That's the problem with standing united; I want to stand united for the logo, the habs, for what it represents to me and so many others, and i'm sure you do too.

But if once again I choose to blame everything but the management and some of the gutless players for the misfortunes of this team like we've done so much in the last years i'll just feel i'm being laughed at and asking for more.

I know this is negative but there's a limit. Don't take this as confrontation please, it's really not.

Burnside_1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
03-05-2007, 03:51 PM
sXe
Yuuuuuup!

At least we're not blaming Gainey and Carbo for everything anymore.
Maybe in 2 days Leighton will be blamed for the woes of this franchise or maybe they'll blame Boivin or maybe, just maybe they'll blame YOU!. No one is safe.

sXe is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
03-05-2007, 03:51 PM
tiredman

Quote:
I hear you but the media for years has been doing or behaving this way. For YEARS.

I'm so sick and tired of their stupid interference to the point that legit stories lose all credibility because of the rotton apple stories.

STOP TRYING TO RUN THE TEAM YOU STUPID MEDIA. STOP SHINING A SPOTLIGHT ON THE TEAM WHICH IS SO BRIGHT IT IS BLINDING.!!!!!!!!!

Why would a UFA come to MTL anyway? After all, the media will roast them Monday through to Sunday
Hockey is a passion in Quebec. It's normal the medias talk about the habs all the time and it's also normal they give their opinions on the subject since that's what people want to hear. You may not agree with their opinions but that's just freedom of speech.

Anyway, that's the same situation for the Maple Leafs, the Yankees, the Packers, etc. When there is a passion, medias gives their opinion and it's ok like that.

Old
03-05-2007, 03:52 PM
Astaroth

Quote:
Originally Posted by Shabutie View Post
I agreed with everything up until you said we need Bouillon.

NO ONE needs Bouillon.
Haha. Sorry but you should exactly like one of my best buds who goes to U of O. I crack up everytime he talks about bouillon, his hate for the cube is fierce to say the least.

Astaroth is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
03-05-2007, 03:52 PM
HappyFan

I agree! Boycott LaPresse and bind support of the team even if it has idiosyncrasies.

Go Habs Go!

HappyFan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
03-05-2007, 04:00 PM
Athlétique_Canadien

Quote:
Originally Posted by HABS456 View Post
Hockey is a passion in Quebec. It's normal the medias talk about the habs all the time and it's also normal they give their opinions on the subject since that's what people want to hear. You may not agree with their opinions but that's just freedom of speech.

Anyway, that's the same situation for the Maple Leafs, the Yankees, the Packers, etc. When there is a passion, medias gives their opinion and it's ok like that.
True, but even in the most intense media and fan base there is a line that must be drawn. In English soccer the feelings can run even deeper than in Montreal for hockey. People get killed. Brits newspapers don't go on and on as bad as this media.

If these idiots want a story how about "Le Canadiens gagne Coupe Stanley"?

Imagine how many papers they would sell? But, noooooooooooo, that'll never happen because they'd rather print this garbage which will alienate those who could (UFA's) help produce the headline "Le Canadiens gagne Coupe Stanley"

Old
03-05-2007, 04:01 PM
Burnside_1

Quote:
Originally Posted by Pere Noel View Post
I say we BOYCOT LaPresse and cyberpresse.ca for a week for that monkey business.

They don't help us with all those tensions they create.

I say we give the players a standing ovation at the next home game (Tuesday) to show them support against the media, and more so a bigger ovation for Kovalev, and support them for the last stretch.
I understand your frustration and everything, but since when is it the media's job to nurture the well being of the team and help them in their performances? Isn't this the management's job as well as the player's themselves?

And about giving them a standing ovation... Yes Kovalev sure as hell deserves one, he's really had one hell of a season. Jesus.

Burnside_1 is offline   Reply With Quote