HFBoards

Go Back   HFBoards > NHL Eastern Conference > Atlantic Division > Montreal Canadiens
Mobile Hockey's Future Become a Sponsor Site Rules Support Forum vBookie Page 2
Notices

Maybe Gainey has a plan: My Theory

Old
03-05-2007, 11:26 AM
Habber

vCash: 500
Lol, hilarious post.

Here the quote of Brian Burke "viciously": lashing out at Gainey:
"Craig Rivet is traded to San Jose by Montreal, and I call and whine to Gainey about not calling me back and telling me he was available. He tells me that I was late to that party, and he had been talking to Doug Wilson for three weeks. Fair enough."

Hmmm, doesn't sound too vicious to me when you end off with fair enough.

Habber is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
03-05-2007, 02:00 PM
GNick42

Marleau is UFA in 2008. Sharks have both him and Thornton UFA at same time. Be very hard for them to keep both. He was one of the players I was thinking about throwing a blank cheque in Tank thread

GNick42 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
03-05-2007, 05:35 PM
LesHabsRock

Quote:
Originally Posted by Habber View Post
Lol, hilarious post.

Here the quote of Brian Burke "viciously": lashing out at Gainey:
"Craig Rivet is traded to San Jose by Montreal, and I call and whine to Gainey about not calling me back and telling me he was available. He tells me that I was late to that party, and he had been talking to Doug Wilson for three weeks. Fair enough."

Hmmm, doesn't sound too vicious to me when you end off with fair enough.
I was thinking the samething. I'm not sure how the media has blown this up into a "Burke hates Gainey" thing anyways. Burke's statement indicates nothing of the sort. It was just a statement and it wasn't viscous whatsoever, rather it was rational to the point he made it clear he undertsood what Gainey had done.

LesHabsRock is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
03-05-2007, 05:46 PM
Habruti!

Its not that stupid... You help me with Rivet this year I will help you with Marleau next year if I am not in a playoff hunt. Nothing wrong there...

When BG came as a GM of the habs he noted 3 things that he wanted to improve, the talent pool was low in the minors, we where two small, and needed more character. Addressing these needs is not easy.... But, he did had size down the middle with the addition of Bonk, he did had some size with Lats and Kovy, he did had some character with the addition of Begin, Lapierre and the progression of Komisarek and the depth as never looked as good since Serge Savard as left... I would say he does have a plan and not listening to the crappy media is part of it!

In a few years from now we will see...
Price and Halak as Goal tender

Komisarek, Markov, Carle, Emelin as top 4 Dmen

Latendresse, Koivu, Kostsitsyn, Higgins, Plekaneks and Kovalev as top 6 wingers

Looking forward looks brigther then looking backwards

Habruti! is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
03-05-2007, 05:54 PM
LesHabsRock

Quote:
Originally Posted by Habruti! View Post
Its not that stupid... You help me with Rivet this year I will help you with Marleau next year if I am not in a playoff hunt. Nothing wrong there...
When BG came as a GM of the habs he noted 3 things that he wanted to improve, the talent pool was low in the minors, we where two small, and needed more character. Addressing these needs is not easy.... But, he did had size down the middle with the addition of Bonk, he did had some size with Lats and Kovy, he did had some character with the addition of Begin, Lapierre and the progression of Komisarek and the depth as never looked as good since Serge Savard as left... I would say he does have a plan and not listening to the crappy media is part of it!

In a few years from now we will see...
Price and Halak as Goal tender

Komisarek, Markov, Carle, Emelin as top 4 Dmen

Latendresse, Koivu, Kostsitsyn, Higgins, Plekaneks and Kovalev as top 6 wingers

Looking forward looks brigther then looking backwards
What does that mean (help you out)? If it means, "We'll give you Marleau at a cheaper price" then I'm not buying that one. I don't understand your logic behind why you believe that's a normal occurence.

LesHabsRock is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
03-05-2007, 08:53 PM
CornFlakes

Quote:
Originally Posted by Habs10Habs View Post
I agree...Thanks for being original CF.
Thanks, like all of you I'm a big Habs fan and sometimes love for a team can generate ideas making some particularly frustrating situations easier to swallow. Though, I still think it is a plausible scenario.

Now, let's wait to see what Bob does in the offseason before calling for his head. If he doesn't get a no 1 center... then off with it!!!

CornFlakes is offline   Reply With Quote