HFBoards

Go Back   HFBoards > NHL Eastern Conference > Metropolitan Division > New York Rangers
Notices

which rival do you hate the most

View Poll Results: Which rival do you hate the most?
Islanders 45 30.82%
Devils 75 51.37%
Flyers 21 14.38%
Bruins 1 0.68%
Penguins 4 2.74%
Voters: 146. You may not vote on this poll

Old
03-05-2007, 05:45 PM
Nich

vCash: 500
which rival do you hate the most

answer the question!!!

Nich is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
03-05-2007, 05:58 PM
John Torturella

Freaking Icelanders or the Freakin Flyers or the Freaking Devils. Whoever we are playing

John Torturella is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
03-05-2007, 05:59 PM
dank

Islanders i dont much care for, but don't hate.. couldn't care less about Bruins, and Penguins i kinda like..

i have virulent rage for the Devils and the Flyers..

boiling..

dank is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
03-05-2007, 05:59 PM
g52*

Send a message via AIM to g52*
In the game its the Isles. Devils fans are the most annoying though.

g52* is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
03-05-2007, 06:01 PM
shoothepuck

I hate the Islanders, Flyers, and then Devils in that order.

shoothepuck is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
03-05-2007, 08:10 PM
pld459666

vCash: 873

The Islanders can all be on fire, and I wouldn't walk across the street to piss on them to put them out.

eff'em

Some of the fans are cool, but the team and Org I give two poops about

pld459666 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
03-05-2007, 08:25 PM
Dagoon44

Send a message via AIM to Dagoon44 Send a message via Yahoo to Dagoon44
Devils by far cause they own us and beat us in playoffs last year. Islanders have beaten us but we owned them on way to the cup lol

Dagoon44 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
03-05-2007, 08:56 PM
JayMan82

Devils...

JayMan82 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
03-05-2007, 09:01 PM
RAB42

I think this is a generational question. For older fans who can remember good Islander teams it's the Isles. For most younger fans, like myself, I think we hate the Devils fan more. I don't think I've ever seen a great Islander team, while I've been forced to watch Brodeur and company lift the cup multiple times. My hatred for the Flyers isn't too far behind either.

RAB42 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
03-05-2007, 09:04 PM
SML

I hate them all. I hate the Bruins the least. I hate the Penguins because they are the welfare cheats of the NHL, not because of how they play. It's like the dude rolling up in front of you with a shoppingcart full of lobster at the grocery store and busting out the foodstamps to pay for it while you're standing there with a fist full of coupons so you can afford a steak. Can't stand them and hope to God they move out of our conference. I hate the Devils the most, I love playing the Flyers because it's always a nasty game, but I hate them. The Isles, they have been bad enough, at least as bad as we are, for long enough that I would hate them the least of the area teams.

SML is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
03-05-2007, 09:04 PM
EventHorizon
Bring Back Ties!

Quote:
Originally Posted by shoothepuck View Post
I hate the Islanders, Flyers, and then Devils in that order.
Same here.

EventHorizon is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
03-05-2007, 09:08 PM
Bird Law
Daisy's back.

Send a message via AIM to Bird Law
Quote:
Originally Posted by pld459666 View Post
The Islanders can all be on fire, and I wouldn't walk across the street to piss on them to put them out.

eff'em

Some of the fans are cool, but the team and Org I give two poops about
AGREED.

I hate that team more than any other out there.

Bird Law is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
03-05-2007, 09:09 PM
Balej20*

Devils far and away. Just because of the annoying way they play and how they seem to "Cheat" in many ways, whether it be in the game or with the salary cap. Such a pain in the ass team.

Plus, the Islanders just haven't been good enough lately to hate.

Balej20* is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
03-05-2007, 09:10 PM
BwayBshirt

Quote:
Originally Posted by RAB42 View Post
I think this is a generational question. For older fans who can remember good Islander teams it's the Isles. For most younger fans, like myself, I think we hate the Devils fan more. I don't think I've ever seen a great Islander team, while I've been forced to watch Brodeur and company lift the cup multiple times. My hatred for the Flyers isn't too far behind either.
good post. sums up my thoughts.

i'm a younger rangers' fan, so i can tell you that while i have slowly(and begrudgingly) developed respect for them, the devils usually bring out a blinding hatred in me unlike any other.

the flyers were way more volatile when lindros was on their team and when bob clarke was the gm. now that both are gone i don't have quite the same feelings of utter disgust at them but i'm sure when they are a good team again it will all come back.

i know the islanders rivalry is one of the most passionate in the nhl, if not all of sports. but unfortunately i was never around during the real hey day of it all so while the fiststicks do stir something in me it's not as strong as the debs or fly boys.

BwayBshirt is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
03-05-2007, 09:13 PM
The Thomas J.*

A couple of years ago when the Devs & Isles were in the playoffs & we were not, As i always do I watch every playoff game I can I kind of found myself rooting for the Fish sticks against the Leafs, thats when it dawned on me I may not like the Isles, but I f**king hate the devils, there Fans, there Arena & there lame Little Devil Logo WHOOO our logo has devil horns & a tail we must be scary, please! I hate them HATE THEM HATE THEM!

Did I mention I hate them?

I remember hwne they were playing the stars in the 2000 finals I was with my G/F at the time whos a HUGE Ranger fan and she was openly rooting for the devils, when they won the series in over time she cheered and I wanted to drive my car into the news stand on the corner of 6th & 40th, I was so disguested with her.

I do have the highest repect for Stevens, Danyakeo & Brodeour as players & people, Also I think Lou is the best GM in Hockey, BUT I REALLY DO HATE THEM ON A WHOLE!

Last edited by The Thomas J.*: 03-05-2007 at 09:16 PM. Reason: Adding something
The Thomas J.* is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
03-05-2007, 09:14 PM
danno2530

Send a message via Yahoo to danno2530
It varies for me. I despise the Devils and everything about them, I hate the Islanders for the history, I hate the Flyers well...because they are the Flyers...and the Penguins have really renewed by hatred this year.

But it varies from game to game sometimes. Since we won tonight, I respect DiPietro's performance and since the Devils didn't give us ANY help this past weekend, it's currently those ********. If the Flyers start running our players as a way of playing spoiler though, that could change. And it could be the Isles again thursday.

But as of this moment, Devils.

danno2530 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
03-05-2007, 09:16 PM
HVPOLARBEARS19

Send a message via AIM to HVPOLARBEARS19 Send a message via MSN to HVPOLARBEARS19
The Devils because they're the only team that's been good in the last 10 years. And my best friend since 3rd grade/roommate is a Devils fan

HVPOLARBEARS19 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
03-05-2007, 09:43 PM
FLYLine24*

Always been Isles for me.

FLYLine24* is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
03-05-2007, 09:47 PM
JayMan82

Quote:
Originally Posted by danno2530 View Post
It varies for me. I despise the Devils and everything about them, I hate the Islanders for the history, I hate the Flyers well...because they are the Flyers...and the Penguins have really renewed by hatred this year.

But it varies from game to game sometimes. Since we won tonight, I respect DiPietro's performance and since the Devils didn't give us ANY help this past weekend, it's currently those ********. If the Flyers start running our players as a way of playing spoiler though, that could change. And it could be the Isles again thursday.

I like your logic behind your decision...

JayMan82 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
03-05-2007, 10:30 PM
Richter35

put it this way, the next time the devils miss the playoffs(which under lou i dont see happening in any of our lifetimes) im having a party.

Richter35 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
03-05-2007, 10:37 PM
rickyrod

Tradition for me: The Isles.

I'd be happy if the Devils moved and took their boring play with them, I'd be annoyed if The Isles left and we didn't have a traditional rival any more.

rickyrod is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
03-05-2007, 10:41 PM
Inferno
HFB Partner

devils, its not even close for me. i despise everything the devils stand for.if i ever saw brodeur alone in a street....well, ill just leave it at that.....

Inferno is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
03-05-2007, 10:55 PM
nickrOck

Quote:
Originally Posted by danno2530 View Post

i agree with that..
personally i think i hate the islanders fans more then anything, they act so trashy when they come to town..

nickrOck is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
03-05-2007, 10:59 PM
ThirdEye

Devil's, and some of the obnoxious fans on HFboards don't help either. Most of them have the "we won so anything you say is bs / Martin Brodeur is infallible / Devil's never do anything wrong / I'm better than you" attitude

ThirdEye is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
03-05-2007, 11:15 PM
Olympic nut

Send a message via AIM to 007 Send a message via MSN to 007
I instinctively hate the Flyers, though they always have a few players I like (Gagné, Pitkänen). If I think about it, I hate the Islanders just as much, if not more. The Devils I don't hate -- I guess I'm too impressed with their organisation.

Funny thing, though: during the '93 playoffs, I actually found myself rooting for the Islanders against the heavily-favoured Penguins, because of Glenn Healy.

007 is offline   Reply With Quote