HFBoards

Go Back   HFBoards > NHL Eastern Conference > Atlantic Division > Montreal Canadiens
Notices

This place is not a fun place to be right now...

Old
03-05-2007, 11:26 AM
zurg999

vCash: 500
This place is not a fun place to be right now...

The decent posters who I come here to read are being drowned out by all the negativity and worthless posts, xenophobia, rumours presented and accepted as fact, hate posting. Unrealistic expectations for what should be a good young team in the coming years. It's worse than I can remember.

I'm not posting for a couple of weeks. I'll tune in occasionally to see if the level of discusson has improved.

zurg999 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
03-05-2007, 11:28 AM
cjbhab
Go Habs Go

I agree,I haven't been posting as much lately. I still think we can make the playoffs, but if we don't thats okay. I still love this team.

cjbhab is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
03-05-2007, 11:34 AM
Habs10Habs
HFBoards Sponsor

Quote:
Originally Posted by cjbhab View Post
I agree,I haven't been posting as much lately. I still think we can make the playoffs, but if we don't thats okay. I still love this team.
I actually enjoy the majority of the posts that you zurg999 and cjbhab bring to this forum. It would be a shame if you two would slow down too much or stop posting altogether.

I agree with slowing down a bit like cjbhab did, but to stop altogether, would take away the chance for the rest of us posters to take in your knowledge.

Ok...enough ass kissing haha....stick around guys, it's going to be a fun month of March.

03-05-2007, 11:42 AM
shimy1221*

Quote:
Originally Posted by zurg999 View Post
The decent posters who I come here to read are being drowned out by all the negativity and worthless posts, xenophobia, rumours presented and accepted as fact, hate posting. Unrealistic expectations for what should be a good young team in the coming years. It's worse than I can remember.

I'm not posting for a couple of weeks. I'll tune in occasionally to see if the level of discusson has improved.
cry me a river.....this website is based on people making new threads....you're not forced to read all of them...in fact, i think this thread is pretty dumb, but i chose to read it and respond to it...

shimy1221* is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
03-05-2007, 11:44 AM
Kostitsyn404*

Quote:

It's funny, because lately I find these forums to be dead anyways. Only time any threads I like to read are ever changed half the time is over the weekend when I don't log in for like 2-3 days.

Kostitsyn404* is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
03-05-2007, 11:44 AM
Habsfan18
The Future

I always love when people start these threads. They actually think that we care when they "leave" for a little while. It's always funny because normally I don't even recognize the poster.

Wow, I guess I've been an ******* lately..probably just pissed off because of the team...it's a tough time.

Habsfan18 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
03-05-2007, 11:48 AM
CH Wizard

Send a message via MSN to CH Wizard
For the first time I can understand the fans. It's really depressing for habs fans and when you can find nothing positive to say about the team you can expect that. Especially here where almost everyone overreacts during game time because of the cardiac habs.

Last edited by CH Wizard: 03-05-2007 at 12:06 PM.
CH Wizard is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
03-05-2007, 11:50 AM
Habs10Habs
HFBoards Sponsor

Quote:
Originally Posted by Habsfan18 View Post
I always love when people start these threads. They actually think that we care when they "leave" for a little while. It's always funny because normally I don't even recognize the poster.

Wow, I guess I've been an ******* lately..probably just pissed off because of the team...it's a tough time.

WHAT???....you...you...wouldn't care if I stopped posting for a few weeks??? But...but...we are brothers (wipes a fake tear)....all fans of the Habs are brothers*and sisters too*....I...I don't know what to say....damn you...damn you all to hell!!!

Habs10Habs is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
03-05-2007, 11:51 AM
Kostitsyn404*

Quote:

What's funny is. I find it sad when people are attention cravers and simply post dumb stuff like this to get attention, or to hear people cry "don't go" when it's the internet and sadly most people on it could not care less.

Boohoo, your leaving for a week. When I leave work on fridays i don't post until mondays. Do I tell people "I'm leaving for a few days, due to work", no. So if your leaving for a week due to "Unhappy with thread topics", then leave for a week due to "Unhappy with thread topics", no need to fill us in. I'm sure there won't be a "Where did Zurg go!?" thread in 3 days from now, people only tend to do that kind of thread when it's been months the person has been gone.

Kostitsyn404* is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
03-05-2007, 11:53 AM
Habs10Habs
HFBoards Sponsor

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tlusty the clown View Post
For the first time I can understand the fans. It's really depressing for habs fans and when you can nothing positive to say about the team you can expect that. Especially here where almost everyone overreacts during game time because of the cardiac habs.
Because we have some of the most passionate and overreactive fans anywhere, that's what makes our posts the most exciting. They might not be all positive, but you know that the majority of the fans here really care about the Habs.

I think it would be quite boring if all the fans were either always positive or always negative. Having a mixture of both makes the posts quite interesting if you ask me.

Old
03-05-2007, 12:02 PM
cjbhab
Go Habs Go

Quote:
Originally Posted by Habs10Habs View Post
I actually enjoy the majority of the posts that you zurg999 and cjbhab bring to this forum. It would be a shame if you two would slow down too much or stop posting altogether.

I agree with slowing down a bit like cjbhab did, but to stop altogether, would take away the chance for the rest of us posters to take in your knowledge.

Ok...enough ass kissing haha....stick around guys, it's going to be a fun month of March.
Oh, Im staying, I've been really busy lately though, had a hockey tournament this weekend, lots of school work, I've actually been trying to get 80+ marks. I love HF and the habs a lot and like hearing the opinions of fellow fans, even if they are off the wall.

cjbhab is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
03-05-2007, 12:08 PM
Habs10Habs
HFBoards Sponsor

Quote:
Originally Posted by cjbhab View Post
Oh, Im staying, I've been really busy lately though, had a hockey tournament this weekend, lots of school work, I've actually been trying to get 80+ marks. I love HF and the habs a lot and like hearing the opinions of fellow fans, even if they are off the wall.
Good to hear cjbhab, obviously your life (hockey tournaments, school work etc..) comes first. The more posters we can get here the better, especially the off the wall ones.

Old
03-05-2007, 04:47 PM
habitue*

Quote:

Best thread title of the year !

habitue* is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
03-05-2007, 04:49 PM
sXe
Yuuuuuup!

Maybe not fun but still laughable.

sXe is online now   Reply With Quote
Old
03-05-2007, 05:38 PM
TroyM

Quote:
Originally Posted by sXe View Post
Maybe not fun but still laughable.
Indeed. So many negative and irritating posters that have come out of nowhere since the slump began. If they were here before they sure were quiet anyway. Now that we are falling in the standings we have to be subjected to endless tirades of negativity and ridiculous comments.

If you went by these posters you'd know that Gainey and Gilette don't care about winning in Montreal anymore. Also, our coaching staff is the pits (ok I admit they have made mistakes), and we are going nowhere. Team has no direction. Never be a contender. As Jerry would say, "Yadda yadda yadda"

I would never make a topic like this but I do agree with its statement. I really only post in the GDT's anymore because it's one of the few real fun places to be on the boards lately! Until the other team scores of course, haha... Of course I would never leave the board though. I check in daily because I need to see SOMETHING hab-related at least. None of my good friends are big hockey fans so I get desperate for some hockey talk. Especially when we have to wait til Thursday to see Les Habitants in action again. Ah, and it's only Monday

With the Habs struggles already bumming me out more than a hockey teams status ever should it can get irritating finding nothing but garbage here. While I understand there's not much else to talk about, we can't exactly have sing-a-longs and praise the way the team has played, that doesn't make it any less irritating! Question boils down to whether you want to read depressing and annoying rants OR nothing at all. Considering I'm here right now, I suppose I've chosen the former, haha.

Anyways, just my .02c on the matter

TroyM is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
03-05-2007, 05:45 PM
mcphee

Quote:
Originally Posted by TroyM View Post
Indeed. So many negative and irritating posters that have come out of nowhere since the slump began. If they were here before they sure were quiet anyway. Now that we are falling in the standings we have to be subjected to endless tirades of negativity and ridiculous comments.

If you went by these posters you'd know that Gainey and Gilette don't care about winning in Montreal anymore. Also, our coaching staff is the pits (ok I admit they have made mistakes), and we are going nowhere. Team has no direction. Never be a contender. As Jerry would say, "Yadda yadda yadda"

I would never make a topic like this but I do agree with its statement. I really only post in the GDT's anymore because it's one of the few real fun places to be on the boards lately! Until the other team scores of course, haha... Of course I would never leave the board though. I check in daily because I need to see SOMETHING hab-related at least. None of my good friends are big hockey fans so I get desperate for some hockey talk. Especially when we have to wait til Thursday to see Les Habitants in action again. Ah, and it's only Monday

With the Habs struggles already bumming me out more than a hockey teams status ever should it can get irritating finding nothing but garbage here. While I understand there's not much else to talk about, we can't exactly have sing-a-longs and praise the way the team has played, that doesn't make it any less irritating! Question boils down to whether you want to read depressing and annoying rants OR nothing at all. Considering I'm here right now, I suppose I've chosen the former, haha.

You're a wise young man, Troy.

mcphee is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
03-05-2007, 06:11 PM
Habs10Habs
HFBoards Sponsor

Quote:
Originally Posted by TroyM View Post

Very good post Troy....

Old
03-05-2007, 06:14 PM
TheDamned
"Only in Montréal"

Pretty normal, team isn't making the playoff and everyone is in a seasonal depression since March is supposed to ryhme wiht spring and we'r having a crapload of snow and above 30 C temperates. All the ingredients are there for that depression and I include myself in that.

TheDamned is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
03-05-2007, 06:31 PM
znk

It's indeed exhausting.

znk is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
03-05-2007, 06:43 PM
furax

Send a message via ICQ to furax
i barely post on this board cause it's more a chatroom than a message board but it's still the best place to get any kind of habs related news.

furax is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
03-05-2007, 07:03 PM
Habsfan18
The Future

Quote:
Originally Posted by TheDamned View Post
Pretty normal, team isn't making the playoff and everyone is in a seasonal depression since March is supposed to ryhme wiht spring and we'r having a crapload of snow and above 30 C temperates. All the ingredients are there for that depression and I include myself in that.
The only time that you're ever positive/in a good mood is when Kovalev has a good game.

Habsfan18 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
03-05-2007, 07:08 PM
CHice

Send a message via MSN to CHice
Quote:
Originally Posted by shimy1221* View Post
cry me a river.....this website is based on people making new threads....you're not forced to read all of them...in fact, i think this thread is pretty dumb, but i chose to read it and respond to it...
too many threads here, not organized

CHice is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
03-05-2007, 07:11 PM
korky00

I gotta agree with this thread..

When I first posted here ( not so many times ago but...) this board was a great source for neutral opinion about HOCKEY

I am a french quebecer and an English and Spanish teacher...and a lot of the time I come to read some posts I end up being almost insulted because of some stuff about french vs english and bla bla bla

Stop generalizing that much...Don Cherry is not a francophone but still what he says is BS...french media are not worst than english media...I remember the team 990 not so long ago trading souray for 99.9% sure...

Please...let's try to talk about hockey 'cause this becomes tiring...

thank you

korky00 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
03-05-2007, 07:11 PM
HH
GO HABS GO!

I hear ya brother...I usually love to listen to U2 on my iPod, especially When the steets have no names, it gives me chills, but when habs are losing it doesn't seem right. I am more down at school, I talk less but eh life goes on...we only have to hope the team gets back to winning and at least give us some playoff hockey this spring.

HH is online now   Reply With Quote
Old
03-05-2007, 07:12 PM
HH
GO HABS GO!

Quote:
The only time that you're ever positive/in a good mood is when Kovalev has a good game.
I was surprised he actually posted today after all the crap with Kovalev today...

HH is online now   Reply With Quote