HFBoards

Go Back   HFBoards > General Hockey Discussion > Trade Rumors and Free Agent Talk
Mobile Hockey's Future Become a Sponsor Site Rules Support Forum vBookie Page 2
Trade Rumors and Free Agent Talk Trade rumors, transactions, and free agent talk. Rumors must use the RUMOR prefix in thread title. Proposals must contain the PROPOSAL prefix in the thread title.

Rumor: Spezza to Toronto for Kadri

Closed Thread

Old
04-21-2014, 07:02 PM
tony d
Summer Camp

vCash: 500
Spezza may get traded this off-season but I doubt he's moved to Ottawa's biggest rival.

04-21-2014, 07:09 PM
Hennig
It was 4-1.

vCash: 137
Yes, Spezza being 30 years old makes him him old because he isn't somebody Toronto can build around for the future. Trading a 23 year old Nazem Kadri for a 30 year old Jason Spezza is going against everything Nonis has said since being appointed the Leafs general manager. Laugh all you want, I can guarantee you a trade like this will not happen. If Jason Spezza becomes a leaf it will be through Free Agency, for that reason, and also because I can't see the Senators trading us him without wanting am overpayment simply because we're provincial rivals.

If we wanted Turris/Zibby for Phaneuf or Lupul, you guys would be singing the exact same tune.

Old
04-21-2014, 07:35 PM
Team Overrated

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dick Whitman View Post
http://www.thestar.com/sports/leafs/...lies_camp.html

According to this article, it not only says that Kadri isn't in the top 3, but that he is in the bottom 3-5 and that his fat levels are 'unacceptable'.

You make a fair point about others being benched, and in each circumstance, the player was benched because they were not able to do what was expected of them. If Spezza, a legitimate first line centre is traded, he will be traded for something that helps Ottawa. I don't think Kadri helps Ottawa.

Ok you seriously used an article from September 2012 at Marlies camp.
I have no idea if Kadri will be traded. I know If I were the Leafs GM, I wouldn't trade Kadri for him, but not because Spezza isn't a good player.

Old
04-21-2014, 07:38 PM
Mantooth

Quote:
Originally Posted by MandyAlwaysKnows View Post
Regardless of what their trade value on the market is, Ottawa management values Cowen more than they value Gardiner. And for good reason, because Cowen is a beast with huge potential.

Cowen is going nowhere.

Spezza for Kadri +. Toronto has to add, and may even have to overpay because Ottawa is sending its star captain and long time player to its biggest rival. The overpayment is Gardiner. It's a quantity for quality trade with Toronto getting the quality, Toronto could easily end up winning this trade.
Absolutely delusional. No way spezza is worth kadri and gardiner. Ottawa fans keep dreaming. Keep old man spezza. Leafs are done trading young talent for players on the back end of their career. Toronto isint a retirement home.

Old
04-21-2014, 07:47 PM
nussell

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bluejaysfan View Post
-Turns 31 this year (June.13 to be exact)
-Will be 32 when he is a free agent
-This Leafs team shouldn't be trading key, young pieces for players older than 30.
agree unless it's Franson and dion going the other way

Old
04-21-2014, 08:30 PM
SensNation613

Quote:
Originally Posted by Hennig View Post
Yes, Spezza being 30 years old makes him him old because he isn't somebody Toronto can build around for the future. Trading a 23 year old Nazem Kadri for a 30 year old Jason Spezza is going against everything Nonis has said since being appointed the Leafs general manager. Laugh all you want, I can guarantee you a trade like this will not happen. If Jason Spezza becomes a leaf it will be through Free Agency, for that reason, and also because I can't see the Senators trading us him without wanting am overpayment simply because we're provincial rivals.

If we wanted Turris/Zibby for Phaneuf or Lupul, you guys would be singing the exact same tune.
Oh god you're comparing Spezza to Phaneuf/Lupul?

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mantooth View Post
Absolutely delusional. No way spezza is worth kadri and gardiner. Ottawa fans keep dreaming. Keep old man spezza. Leafs are done trading young talent for players on the back end of their career. Toronto isint a retirement home.

God just stop posting guys, someone should just lock this thread up.

Old
04-21-2014, 08:36 PM
Hennig
It was 4-1.

Quote:
Originally Posted by SensNation613 View Post
Oh god you're comparing Spezza to Phaneuf/Lupul?
Seriously? That what you took from that comment?

Do you have nothing else to say about the rest of the post?

By the way, posting a smiley after every sentence of yours makes you look like you're 14 years old.

Old
04-21-2014, 08:38 PM
Hennig
It was 4-1.

But I suppose Spezza and Lupul do have a lot of things in common, one of them being physically unable to play a full season.

Old
04-21-2014, 08:42 PM
SensNation613

Quote:
Seriously? That what you took from that comment?

Do you have nothing else to say about the rest of the post?

By the way, posting a smiley after every sentence of yours makes you look like you're 14 years old.
No it's just funny how much Kadri gets over valued, and how much Spezza in undervalued. Spezza is 30, 30 years old. Everyone's acting like he's going to retire like a year. He's a top flight center so no, he's not worth less than Kadri. Even if Toronto wants to build for the future, they were in a good position to make playoffs but failed. Personally I think a guy like Spezza can make Toronto a playoff team but they do have horrible defense so yeah. He wants to be part of the Sens but if he gets moved to Toronto, don't you think he would resign? If BM was really moving Spezza, he would allow teams to speak to his agent so he could get the most value possible. Anyway, Spezza's not going to Toronto for a 2nd line guy.

Old
04-21-2014, 08:43 PM
SensNation613

Quote:
But I suppose Spezza and Lupul do have a lot of things in common, one of them being physically unable to play a full season.
Lmao, good luck with Lupul, you're going to need it.

Old
04-21-2014, 08:46 PM
Wami
Chicken Lyfe'

Kadri + Lupul + 2nd for Ryan & Spezza

Old
04-21-2014, 08:56 PM
SoupNazi
Global Moderator
No Soup for You!!!

vCash: 526