HFBoards

Go Back   HFBoards > NHL Eastern Conference > Atlantic Division > Montreal Canadiens
Mobile Hockey's Future Become a Sponsor Site Rules Support Forum vBookie Page 2
Notices

Patrick Roy says the same thing as Kovalev

Reply
 
Thread Tools
Old
03-05-2007, 10:07 PM
  #1
waffledave
waffledave, from hf
 
waffledave's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2004
Location: Montreal
Country: Canada
Posts: 20,662
vCash: 500
Patrick Roy says the same thing as Kovalev

http://www.tsn.ca/nhl/news_story/?ID=183441&hubname=nhl

Back in November.

How come the media wasn't running him out of town? How come they weren't petitioning to have any plans for jersey retirement annulled? Where is the ****storm? They barely even mentioned it...

How is this any different?

Except for the fact that Roy actually DID say that, while Kovalev's comments were fabricated by a Russian tabloid.

(This isn't to bash Roy, it's to show how stupid this whole situation is)

__________________
Yours in Christ,

waffledave
waffledave is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
03-05-2007, 10:10 PM
  #2
CareyClutch
Doing the job
 
CareyClutch's Avatar
 
Join Date: May 2005
Location: Montreal
Country: North Korea
Posts: 4,943
vCash: 500
Send a message via MSN to CareyClutch
watergate is nothing compare to the kovygate

CareyClutch is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
03-05-2007, 10:11 PM
  #3
Habs10Habs
HFBoards Sponsor
 
Habs10Habs's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2006
Country: Canada
Posts: 52,367
vCash: 50
Quote:
Originally Posted by waffledave View Post
http://www.tsn.ca/nhl/news_story/?ID=183441&hubname=nhl

Back in November.

How come the media wasn't running him out of town? How come they weren't petitioning to have any plans for jersey retirement annulled? Where is the ****storm? They barely even mentioned it...

How is this any different?

Except for the fact that Roy actually DID say that, while Kovalev's comments were fabricated by a Russian tabloid.

(This isn't to bash Roy, it's to show how stupid this whole situation is)
Roy is still considered to be a demi-god in MTL, he could burn down the Bell Centre and not be punished. I'm not even going to mention the French/Non-French issues.

__________________
This is not a time to say goodbye. This is a time to say 'thank you'.

- Ken Dryden
Habs10Habs is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
03-05-2007, 10:11 PM
  #4
zednik20
Registered User
 
Join Date: Aug 2003
Location: Montreal
Posts: 281
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by waffledave View Post
http://www.tsn.ca/nhl/news_story/?ID=183441&hubname=nhl

Back in November.

How come the media wasn't running him out of town? How come they weren't petitioning to have any plans for jersey retirement annulled? Where is the ****storm? They barely even mentioned it...

How is this any different?

Except for the fact that Roy actually DID say that, while Kovalev's comments were fabricated by a Russian tabloid.

(This isn't to bash Roy, it's to show how stupid this whole situation is)
why don't you calm down a little...do we need other threads about this...

zednik20 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
03-05-2007, 10:12 PM
  #5
deandebean
Registered User
 
Join Date: Jan 2003
Location: Gatineau, câlisse
Country: uriname
Posts: 9,045
vCash: 500
Waffle, what has happened to you? You've become fanboy par excellence here. Let's remember that this team is not going to make the playoffs by the looks of thing and somebody has to pay. And it won't be the coach this time around.

there's some valid criticism of the organisation out there, and should be mentioned. Heck, why do we tolerate that this organisation has been doing some "sur place" for the last 4 seasons?

If you want to be a cheerleader, go ahead. But I face the facts: this organisation has been riding their goalies for the last 4 seasons. No offence, and a very bare defence. The prospects have been coming a lot, but not by the dozen.

Why should we all stand united and not let us wonder if the media is not up to something?

deandebean is online now   Reply With Quote
Old
03-05-2007, 10:12 PM
  #6
waffledave
waffledave, from hf
 
waffledave's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2004
Location: Montreal
Country: Canada
Posts: 20,662
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by zednik20 View Post
why don't you calm down a little...do we need other threads about this...
I would have posted it in the other thread but I got banned from it because of a certain poster who knows how to push my buttons.

He's on ignore now, for good.

waffledave is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
03-05-2007, 10:14 PM
  #7
waffledave
waffledave, from hf
 
waffledave's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2004
Location: Montreal
Country: Canada
Posts: 20,662
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by deandebean View Post
Waffle, what has happened to you? You've become fanboy par excellence here. Let's remember that this team is not going to make the playoffs by the looks of thing and somebody has to pay. And it won't be the coach this time around.

there's some valid criticism of the organisation out there, and should be mentioned. Heck, why do we tolerate that this organisation has been doing some "sur place" for the last 4 seasons?

If you want to be a cheerleader, go ahead. But I face the facts: this organisation has been riding their goalies for the last 4 seasons. No offence, and a very bare defence. The prospects have been coming a lot, but not by the dozen.

Why should we all stand united and not let us wonder if the media is not up to something?
I agree something should be done. I just think we should let the hockey people take care of that. The people who report what's going on should not be trying to influence what happens.

waffledave is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
03-05-2007, 10:15 PM
  #8
waffledave
waffledave, from hf
 
waffledave's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2004
Location: Montreal
Country: Canada
Posts: 20,662
vCash: 500
I also want to add that I think that the media trying to run Kovalev out of town is completely unethical. They know the type of influence they carry, and they abuse their power to get rid of a guy they don't like, for whatever reason. Ultimately it should be a hockey decision, and it will not end up like that.

waffledave is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
03-05-2007, 10:18 PM
  #9
Habs10Habs
HFBoards Sponsor
 
Habs10Habs's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2006
Country: Canada
Posts: 52,367
vCash: 50
Quote:
Originally Posted by waffledave View Post
I agree something should be done. I just think we should let the hockey people take care of that. The people who report what's going on should not be trying to influence what happens.
It seems to me that the hockey people have taken care of this situation.

http://www.tsn.ca/nhl/news_story/?ID=198897&hubname=

Habs10Habs is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
03-05-2007, 10:26 PM
  #10
Reuben
Registered User
 
Reuben's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2007
Location: Victoria B.C.
Country: Canada
Posts: 2,816
vCash: 500
Roy was also an integral part of our last 2 stanley cups, that goes along way in montreal justly or unjustly.

I do recall Roy getting some heat for his comments though.

Reuben is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
03-05-2007, 10:29 PM
  #11
Habs10Habs
HFBoards Sponsor
 
Habs10Habs's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2006
Country: Canada
Posts: 52,367
vCash: 50
Quote:
Originally Posted by Reuben View Post
Roy was also an integral part of our last 2 stanley cups, that goes along way in montreal justly or unjustly.

I do recall Roy getting some heat for his comments though.
He did get some heat....but from what I've seen of Roy, I don't think it bothered him too much.

Habs10Habs is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
03-05-2007, 10:31 PM
  #12
bayrider
Registered User
 
Join Date: Jun 2006
Location: Montreal
Country: Canada
Posts: 599
vCash: 500
I thought the Roy thing was pretty big, but it fizzled down quite fast as soon as Roy apologized a few days later.

bayrider is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
03-05-2007, 10:34 PM
  #13
MTL-rules
Registered User
 
Join Date: Nov 2006
Posts: 6,319
vCash: 500
What's the point of your thread? To bash Latendresse and "french people"?

There's nothing similar about the two events, not by a long shot.

MTL-rules is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
03-05-2007, 10:36 PM
  #14
tiredman
Registered User
 
tiredman's Avatar
 
Join Date: Nov 2003
Location: Ville de Québec
Country:
Posts: 4,975
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by waffledave View Post
http://www.tsn.ca/nhl/news_story/?ID=183441&hubname=nhl

Back in November.

How come the media wasn't running him out of town? How come they weren't petitioning to have any plans for jersey retirement annulled? Where is the ****storm? They barely even mentioned it...

How is this any different?

Except for the fact that Roy actually DID say that, while Kovalev's comments were fabricated by a Russian tabloid.

(This isn't to bash Roy, it's to show how stupid this whole situation is)
Not the same situation at all.

1)Patrick Roy is not a member of the team. So he has the right to say whatever he thinks about the habs.
2)Roy only said he thought Latendresse was on the team because he was french and Kovalev "apparently" said that but he also said much more.

tiredman is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
03-05-2007, 10:42 PM
  #15
Belso
Registered User
 
Belso's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2005
Country: Canada
Posts: 3,699
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by waffledave View Post
I also want to add that I think that the media trying to run Kovalev out of town is completely unethical. They know the type of influence they carry, and they abuse their power to get rid of a guy they don't like, for whatever reason. Ultimately it should be a hockey decision, and it will not end up like that.
I can't say that the French media are prejudist because sometimes they are and sometimes they are not. But there is a language issue in Quebec and bringing racism to a story is juicy for readers. So they'll bring up what ever dirt they can on subjects like this to have people tune in and see who's saying what about French people. If someone comes out and says it straight out on multiple occasions that he doesn't like (what ever people) then I can see why make a story about it. But Kovalev denied saying this. Ribs had the same problem last year. I'm sure Kovalev hear about it. Even my mom heard about it! So like kovalev said, he wouldn't me stupid enough to say the things he did.

This was a mean and unethical stunt to get readers to read "la presse". They will ever say it. They will just repeat till the end of the world that they had a credible sourse and just doing their duty keep the public informed.

What's important is that anyone can be accused of saying something we didn't. If Kovalev is saying the truth and didn't say these things, I can understand why he may be upset. You are turning a whole "people against him". People may even Boo him next game. Way to go "La press"!! That's a good way to Motivate Kovy when the team needs him most.

Belso is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
03-05-2007, 10:47 PM
  #16
Artyukhin*
 
Join Date: Oct 2003
Country: Canada
Posts: 13,831
vCash: 500
I mean these media memebers want to hold the Canadien players responsible for everything they say or do and continue to run players out of town year after year . THEN they question why Bob cant get star players to sign here . ?
WAKE THE HELL UP

The media, these same guys as Rivet says havent played a game of hockey in there lives are the problem !!!!


I think the Habs should require a retainer for all media in the dressing room covering the team. Yes that means 2 million dollar or three million a year if your orginazation"paper"whats to cover the Habs.

AND If any of this stuff like this recent ********* in the media turns up false? the Montreal Candiens should get to keep the retainer.

I think it time the media be held under the same scunity as they do the players .


Im tied of this ****** yearly circus the media creates.This is a HOCEY TEAM let them plaY hockey its not meant to be some SOME kind of french canadien****** SOAP OPREA or reality TV series .


Last edited by Artyukhin*: 03-05-2007 at 10:56 PM.
Artyukhin* is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
03-05-2007, 10:47 PM
  #17
Blades 0f Steel
Registered User
 
Blades 0f Steel's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2002
Country: Tibet
Posts: 11,523
vCash: 500
Sounds like witch-talk to me...I say we stuff Kovalev in a hockey bag and toss him in the river. If he floats, he's a witch, and we burn him. If he sinks, he was innocent afterall.

Blades 0f Steel is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
03-05-2007, 10:48 PM
  #18
LeMAD
Registered User
 
LeMAD's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2006
Location: Montreal
Posts: 4,431
vCash: 500
Roy doesn't play for the Habs. Close the thread.

LeMAD is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
03-05-2007, 10:53 PM
  #19
Habs10Habs
HFBoards Sponsor
 
Habs10Habs's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2006
Country: Canada
Posts: 52,367
vCash: 50
Quote:
Originally Posted by doug mckenzie View Post
I mean these media memebers want to hold the Canadien players responsible for everything they say or do and continue to run players out of town year after year THEN they they question why Bob can get stars players to sign here . ?
WAKE THE HELL UP

The media, these same guy as Rivet says havent played a game of hockey in there lives are the problem !!!!


I think the Habs should require a retainer for all media in the dressing room covering the team. Yes that means these 2 million dollar a year if your orginazation"paper"whats to cover the Habs.

AND If any of this stuff like this recent ********* in the media turns up false? the Montreal Candiens should get to keep the retainer.

I think it time the media be held under the same scunity as they do the players .


Im tied of this ****** yearly circus the media creates.This is a HOCEY TEAM let them plaY hockey its not meant to be some SOME kind of french canadien****** SOAP OPREA

Habs10Habs is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
03-05-2007, 11:05 PM
  #20
Reuben
Registered User
 
Reuben's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2007
Location: Victoria B.C.
Country: Canada
Posts: 2,816
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by doug mckenzie View Post
I mean these media memebers want to hold the Canadien players responsible for everything they say or do and continue to run players out of town year after year . THEN they question why Bob cant get star players to sign here . ?
WAKE THE HELL UP

The media, these same guys as Rivet says havent played a game of hockey in there lives are the problem !!!!


I think the Habs should require a retainer for all media in the dressing room covering the team. Yes that means 2 million dollar or three million a year if your orginazation"paper"whats to cover the Habs.

AND If any of this stuff like this recent ********* in the media turns up false? the Montreal Candiens should get to keep the retainer.

I think it time the media be held under the same scunity as they do the players .


Im tied of this ****** yearly circus the media creates.This is a HOCEY TEAM let them plaY hockey its not meant to be some SOME kind of french canadien****** SOAP OPREA or reality TV series .
what does french canadien*****SOAP OPREA mean or reality TV series mean?

something rubs me the wrong way about a statement like that.

Reuben is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
03-05-2007, 11:09 PM
  #21
Habs10Habs
HFBoards Sponsor
 
Habs10Habs's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2006
Country: Canada
Posts: 52,367
vCash: 50
Quote:
Originally Posted by Reuben View Post
what does french canadien*****SOAP OPREA mean or reality TV series mean?

something rubs me the wrong way about a statement like that.
I think to shorten it for you, let the players play and forget about all the crap that happens off the ice.

Habs10Habs is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
03-05-2007, 11:11 PM
  #22
Artyukhin*
 
Join Date: Oct 2003
Country: Canada
Posts: 13,831
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Habs10Habs View Post
I think to shorten it for you, let the players play and forget about all the crap that happens off the ice.


i couldnt have said it any better .

thanks

Artyukhin* is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
03-05-2007, 11:12 PM
  #23
Habs10Habs
HFBoards Sponsor
 
Habs10Habs's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2006
Country: Canada
Posts: 52,367
vCash: 50
Quote:
Originally Posted by doug mckenzie View Post
i couldnt have said it any better .

thanks
No problem...btw...excellent post.

Habs10Habs is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
03-05-2007, 11:13 PM
  #24
Habs10Habs
HFBoards Sponsor
 
Habs10Habs's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2006
Country: Canada
Posts: 52,367
vCash: 50
Quote:
Originally Posted by Reuben View Post
right thanks.
What is it that you don't quite understand Reuben?

Habs10Habs is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
03-05-2007, 11:45 PM
  #25
biggie
Registered User
 
Join Date: Jan 2003
Posts: 96
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by BladesofSteel View Post
Sounds like witch-talk to me...I say we stuff Kovalev in a hockey bag and toss him in the river. If he floats, he's a witch, and we burn him. If he sinks, he was innocent afterall.
we already know he does

biggie is offline   Reply With Quote
Reply

Forum Jump


Bookmarks

Thread Tools

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off



All times are GMT -5. The time now is 10:07 PM.

monitoring_string = "e4251c93e2ba248d29da988d93bf5144"
Contact Us - HFBoards - Archive - Privacy Statement - Terms of Use - Advertise - Top - AdChoices

vBulletin Copyright ©2000 - 2014, Jelsoft Enterprises Ltd.
HFBoards.com is a property of CraveOnline Media, LLC, an Evolve Media, LLC company. ©2014 All Rights Reserved.