HFBoards

Go Back   HFBoards > NHL Eastern Conference > Metropolitan Division > New York Rangers
Mobile Hockey's Future Become a Sponsor Site Rules Support Forum vBookie Page 2
Notices

Prucha + Cullen

Old
03-05-2007, 10:18 PM
WhipNash27
Quattro!!

vCash: 500
Prucha + Cullen

What a turn around from the beginning of the year, huh? These two have been playing some great hockey since the All-Star break. Hopefully they keep it up.

WhipNash27 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
03-05-2007, 10:22 PM
DontStaal

Quote:
Originally Posted by AnthonyF27 View Post
What a turn around from the beginning of the year, huh? These two have been playing some great hockey since the All-Star break. Hopefully they keep it up.

these two have deserved it IMO

DontStaal is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
03-05-2007, 10:27 PM
Balej20*

If Prucha can get 20 goals this year, it will be incredible. The guy barely gets ice time.

Balej20* is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
03-05-2007, 10:29 PM
nickrOck

cullen is our 2nd half mvp in my eyes and prucha has been a sparkplug lately.. his hustle is unmatched at times.. he sparked that come back vs the blues with his hustle..

nickrOck is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
03-05-2007, 10:30 PM
NYR94

Send a message via AIM to NYR94
Well I think Prucha has gotten more ice time lately with the injuries. But he's definitely played better. Because he's finishing more. The great thing about Prucha is that he hustles and back checks no matter what line he's on. He doesn't float and pout or complain to the media if he gets stuck on the fourth line. And Cullen has been great over the past month or so. I think he just needed faster linemates to play with. It just wasn't clicking with Shanny.

NYR94 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
03-05-2007, 10:34 PM
DontStaal

Quote:
Originally Posted by Balej20 View Post
If Prucha can get 20 goals this year, it will be incredible. The guy barely gets ice time.
it's crazy to think how much he's had to battle through, and he's only 4 points away. ROCK ON PRUCHA

DontStaal is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
03-05-2007, 10:40 PM
ATLANTARANGER*

Good thing that idiot Renney didn't listen to the experts on this board regarding Cullen and shootouts!

ATLANTARANGER* is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
03-05-2007, 11:38 PM
dkich96

both of them have been great as of late... I'm happy to see them both playing great hockey especially that we need it now more then ever...

dkich96 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
03-05-2007, 11:58 PM
broadwayblue

Quote:
Originally Posted by dkich96 View Post
both of them have been great as of late... I'm happy to see them both playing great hockey especially that we need it now more then ever...
Exactly...they have to step up big time down the stretch if we're gonna have a shot.

broadwayblue is online now   Reply With Quote
Old
03-06-2007, 12:29 AM
mucker*

I don't know, I hesistate with these guys.

It's my view one of the main problems with the Rangers this season has been the lack of balanced scoring, and this falls on secondary supports like Cullen and Prucha.

We signed in the offseason Cullen to be the new 2nd line center, but I think he's shown while he can play well and score he is more of a 3rd line center or 6th foward on a contending team.
If you rely or count on him to be a 2nd line producer you will have not be putting him in the proper role nor will your 2nd line be effectively consistent.

As for Prucha he also struggles to be consistent which is why he did not get much ice time, I think he is a 2nd or 3rd liner, somewhere in that fine line, and that has been a problem because when they play like 2nd we do a lot better.

mucker* is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
03-06-2007, 01:09 AM
Geogaddi

Quote:
Originally Posted by ATLANTARANGER View Post
Good thing that idiot Renney didn't listen to the experts on this board regarding Cullen and shootouts!
I still cant stand that one move that he pulls. Real fast...then glides almost into a stand still to shoot.

Geogaddi is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
03-06-2007, 01:33 AM
TheZherdev

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bonzai12 View Post
I still cant stand that one move that he pulls. Real fast...then glides almost into a stand still to shoot.
Actually its a pretty smart strategy. Since he is moving so fast the goalie moves back in his net proportionally to his speed. When does that quick slow down, the goalie is too far into his net, leaving him vulnerable. Thats why cullen beat depietro on the weak side.

TheZherdev is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
03-06-2007, 02:07 AM
Balej20*

Quote:
Originally Posted by Blackburn2727 View Post
Actually its a pretty smart strategy. Since he is moving so fast the goalie moves back in his net proportionally to his speed. When does that quick slow down, the goalie is too far into his net, leaving him vulnerable. Thats why cullen beat depietro on the weak side.
Exactly.

Balej20* is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
03-06-2007, 02:38 AM
The Thomas J.*

Cullen's game has got game

The Thomas J.* is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
03-06-2007, 02:50 AM
Geogaddi

Quote:
Originally Posted by Blackburn2727 View Post
Oh i understand the logic behind it Completely. Kinda Irritates me when he pulls it time after time. Almost like the St. Louis move that he pulled when skating backwards, then backhanding it. Worked the one time, then they caught on. Just waiting for that with Matty.

Geogaddi is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
03-06-2007, 08:42 AM
SingnBluesOnBroadway
Retired

Awards:
Quote:
Originally Posted by AnthonyF27 View Post
I'd have zero problem with going into next season with Avery-Cullen-Prucha as this team's third line.

03-06-2007, 09:07 AM
JR#9*

Quote:
Originally Posted by SingnBluesOnBroadway View Post
I'd have zero problem with going into next season with Avery-Cullen-Prucha as this team's third line.
That's exactly what the 3rd line should be next year IMO as well and the prospect
of that has me extremely jacked!

IMO they need to get a legit top line center and come away with one of Datsyuk-Gomez-Briere-Drury with all the cap room they'll have.

Hossa-Nylander-Jagr
Straka-Top end UFA center-Shanny
Avery-Cullen-Prucha
Hollweg-Betts-Orts

Nice balance and plenty of depth.

JR#9* is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
03-06-2007, 09:10 AM
Blueshirt Special

Give Cullen credit

It's about time this guy got some credit.

Has anyone noticed how hard this guy play on EVERY shift? We'd be nowhere near a playoff shot without him.

Power play, penalty killer, short-handed threat, face-offs, physical, sticks up for team-mates, gets in opposing goalies face, shoves people when it's appropriate, doesn't take bad penalties

Anyone have the stat for how much ice time he's logging per game?

If Jagr played with this kind of intensity he's have 60 goals this year.

Blueshirt Special is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
03-06-2007, 09:13 AM
Skroob*

Quote:
Originally Posted by JR#9 View Post
That's exactly what the 3rd line should be next year IMO as well and the prospect

IMO they need to get a legit top line center and come away with one of Datsyuk-Gomez-Briere-Drury with all the cap room they'll have.

Hossa-Nylander-Jagr
Avery-Cullen-Prucha
Hollweg-Betts-Orts

I would hope a prospect of two can move up to the NHL, Callahan, Dawes, etc. At least to replace Betts.

Skroob* is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
03-06-2007, 09:19 AM
SingnBluesOnBroadway
Retired

Awards:
I've been a Cullen fan for a while (back to when he was in Anaheim). What I've noticed watching him game in and game out is he seems to be something of a chameleon. When the team on the whole plays hard, he plays hard. When they are lax, he's lax.

He's been great of late.

SingnBluesOnBroadway is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
03-06-2007, 09:23 AM
JR#9*

Quote:
Originally Posted by Skroob View Post
I would hope a prospect of two can move up to the NHL, Callahan, Dawes, etc. At least to replace Betts.
Betts is the perfect 4th line center who is a great PKer, our best faceoff guy and as they said last night he leads the NHL for forwards in blocked shoots..all for 600k!!!

Not bad and he will be on the squad next year for sure.

I'd love for Dawes and/or Callahan to make the squad but they will have to push one of the other guys out of their spots.

Should be some great competition at camp next summer.

JR#9* is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
03-06-2007, 09:23 AM
coolbean04

Am I the only one that thinks Cullen hasn't been playing that great. He's been playing very good but he had some bonehead plays that could've cost us points. For example, taking really stupid penalties like in last night's game.

coolbean04 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
03-06-2007, 09:24 AM
Levitate

Quote:
Originally Posted by JR#9 View Post

Hossa-Nylander-Jagr
Avery-Cullen-Prucha
Hollweg-Betts-Orts

I honestly feel like someone in Hartford needs to be given a shot. A Callahan or Dubinsky or Dawes (again). If someone isn't ready, then I think something is going wrong with the development in Hartford and something is going wrong with the Rangers in terms of integrating players from Hartford into the lineup.

Maybe I'm making too big of a deal about something like that, but I think especially in the "new NHL", under a salary cap, the Rangers have to find a way to get their young players into the lineup.

The most successful teams in the league find ways to do it year in and year out, why can't the Rangers?

Levitate is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
03-06-2007, 09:29 AM
I Am Chariot
One shift at a time

Quote:
Originally Posted by Balej20 View Post
He's about to get plenty of ice time

03-06-2007, 09:31 AM
WhipNash27
Quattro!!

Well he's only 3 ES goals away from tying what he had last year but only has 4 games to tie it (to compare with last season). Only difference is 5 PP goals this year as opposed to 16.

WhipNash27 is offline   Reply With Quote