HFBoards

Go Back   HFBoards > NHL Eastern Conference > Atlantic Division > Montreal Canadiens
Mobile Hockey's Future Become a Sponsor Site Rules Support Forum vBookie Page 2
Notices

The reason why Ribeiro got traded...

Old
03-05-2007, 08:15 PM
Habs10Habs
Retired

vCash: 135
Quote:
Originally Posted by Doug Wilson View Post
I have a hunch that Ribeiro probably wouldn't put himself in danger of being killed by the rather tough Brendan Morrow.
Yeah..I think he would be dead by now if he was with Morrow's wife.

Habs10Habs is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
03-05-2007, 08:20 PM
MtlSportsFan

vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Doctor House View Post
Gagnon is a slime bag journalist I can't figure out why some people here hold him to such high esteem. Even if what he reported happened did he really have to report it?
I haven't read all the posts, but I have to echo these sentiments....this is not journalism...it's trash.

MtlSportsFan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
03-05-2007, 08:21 PM
Habsfan18

Quote:
Originally Posted by HF-Addict View Post
Start making sense. Your crusade against the french media is petty, pathetic and annoying. You whine about the french media protecting the french guys in a thread where it's dissing afrench player (Ribeiro).... .... ....

Go make your propangada elsewhere. Stop shoving it down our throats. Boo hoo if the players can't take the pressure.
How am I whining?

Face it, the french media always makes a big deal out of nothing. Jesus christ..does anybody really care if Ribeiro tried to pick up a girl associated with the Habs? How is that news?

And I'm not the only one who is sick of the french media. It's funny how alot of the french posters here are trying to stick up for the media.

I'll say it again, I don't have a problem with french people, but the Montreal media is a joke.

Habsfan18 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
03-05-2007, 08:24 PM
Demogod*

It's trash but that is why no one in their right mind would come here and everyone wants out. Under the age of 25 anyways.

Demogod* is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
03-05-2007, 08:39 PM
Team_Spirit
Gangsta Pleks

vCash: 4008
Quote:
Originally Posted by Demogod View Post
It's trash but that is why no one in their right mind would come here and everyone wants out. Under the age of 25 anyways.
Over 25 maybe?

Team_Spirit is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
03-05-2007, 11:42 PM
Beatnik

Send a message via MSN to Beatnik
Quote:
Originally Posted by Habsfan18 View Post
And I'm not the only one who is sick of the french media. It's funny how alot of the french posters here are trying to stick up for the media.

I'll say it again, I don't have a problem with french people, but the Montreal media is a joke.
The Habs have the vast majority of their coverage from the french medias, and it's an extremelly important coverage. The Journal de Montreal and La Presse have more pages about the Habs than The Globe and Mail and The National Post have pages about sports. It's totally normal that such extensive coverage about one team bring the best and the worst.

If you choose to ignore all the great stuff and only focus on the clowns it's your problem only.

Beatnik is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
03-06-2007, 12:38 AM
Azalichio

Send a message via MSN to Azalichio
Quote:
How am I whining?

Face it, the french media always makes a big deal out of nothing. Jesus christ..does anybody really care if Ribeiro tried to pick up a girl associated with the Habs? How is that news?

It's the same in every major city with a professional sport team. The most popular team get the most coverage which attract good and bad journalism. Whine about the media in general as much as you want, just drop the "french" crap already.

It's not like Villeneuve, Fournier, Bergeron, Peron and all the others are freaking journalist. They are all entertainers, nothing more.

Azalichio is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
03-06-2007, 12:41 AM
milou

Quote:
Originally Posted by John Ho View Post
From Francois Gagnon's Blog on cyberpresse.ca. Francois Gagnon is a reliable journalist in Montreal:

"Quand Mike Ribeiro a fait des propositions malhonnêtes à la fille d’un membre de l’état-major du Canadien, il s’est fait sacrer dehors lui-aussi. Bon! Dans son cas, ce n’était peut-être que la goutte qui faisait déborder la coupe… Mais ça explique pourquoi le Canadien a donné son deuxième centre pour un défenseur qui n’est pas capable de jouer régulièrement avec une équipe démunie en défense…"

in english:
"When Mike Ribeiro made a dishonest proposal to the girl of a member of the staff of the Canadian, he was traded away. In his case, it was perhaps only the drop which made overflow the cup... But that explains why the Canadien gave its second center for a defender who is not able to play regularly with a team stripped on defense... "

link: http://www.cyberpresse.ca/article/20...cheid=20070305

Someone have more info about this story?
i have more info , but not about Ribeiro himself ;

NO , Francois Gagnon isn't a reliable journalist .

What are you thinking ? in just one article , the guy destroy Kovalev without doing his own research , than he named 3 players traded because having illicite relationship affair ...

You know a lot of good and reliable journalist that would have done the same thing ? There are things that you don't talk in the medias

milou is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
03-06-2007, 06:26 AM
HF-Addict

Quote:
How am I whining?

Ever heard of Jack Todd and "Breeze-By". (hint: He is not of the french media)

.................................................. .......And btw, you were whining about exclusively(?) the french media protecting the french players and encensing them in a thread where it's the opposite. If indeed, as Beatnik said, you choose to ignore all Montreal media (or french media), that's your loss.

Montreal media isn't a joke, if anything, we know more about our players here than anywhere else.

--

Furthermore, I bet you were happy to know that Brisebois ran out of town to Paris while he was hurt, that Malakhov was skiing while being hurt, etc. But now that the French Media is to be blamed for all the insanities in the world (and the woes of this pathetic team), I guess it's cool to discredit them...

Last edited by HF-Addict: 03-06-2007 at 06:34 AM.
HF-Addict is offline   Reply With Quote