HFBoards

Go Back   HFBoards > NHL Eastern Conference > Metropolitan Division > Philadelphia Flyers
Mobile Hockey's Future Become a Sponsor Site Rules Support Forum vBookie Page 2
Notices

PO Game #3 | Rangers 4 at Flyers 1

Old
04-22-2014, 09:59 PM
SAINDON

vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by 46zone View Post
He's been underwhelming his entire stint here. He excels at nothing and like someone said before me he has a knack for getting garbage goals...but that's about it. He should be moved in the off-season.
I am not a fan, but at the deadline I didn't want him moved for Kesler since Schenn is much younger. Now I regret wanting to keep him.

SAINDON is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
Striiker
Non-factor

Quote:
Originally Posted by skoods View Post
Craig Berube gets this team to the playoffs after a 1-7 start and this board wants him fired after falling behind one of the 10 best teams in hockey 2-1 in a best of 7 series.

Maybe you should be fired from posting for awhile. You, and the posters wishing injury on Rangers, give Flyers fans a bad name.
Why post if you have no clue what you're saying? Just stop.

Striiker is online now   Reply With Quote
Old
2Claude2Giroux

This shot log is making me cry

http://www.extraskater.com/game/2014...rangers-flyers

2Claude2Giroux is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
04-22-2014, 10:00 PM
Beef Invictus
Global Moderator
Doof Warrior

Quote:
Originally Posted by blinds View Post
Ehh, there's just a huge ********** against the kid here. Any game he doesn't produce
just plays into the confirmation bias. He's still what, 22? Turning into the next JVR where people just concentrate on the negatives and don't give him credit for what he's doing right.

He had a good game, he was a part of a lot of chances and didn't make any big defensive gaffes. He's one of our best forwards at zone entry, he's great at controlling the puck on the boards, and he's been winning a lot of puck battles. One of our faster guys too.

Guy just had his first 20-goal season and has been asked to carry his own line for most of it. He's still got enormous potential in my book and you can see it in the little things he does with the puck.
No, he's terrible. He had what, one good shift tonight? Two? The rest of the time he was terrible.

The best is when he tries to play above his IQ level instead of just chasing the play around. Thus far in the series he has made the exact opposite choice he should. Twice behind the net he tried to guess where the puck was going and chose completely wrong...puck goes the other way, Rangers get possession because he's not properly supporting his linemate, and they brought it back down to our end.

He has been awful for a while, and he has been completely over his head this POs. He needs to be benched. Complete detriment.

04-22-2014, 10:00 PM
ericWONT
Nick Grossmann Hater

Quote:
Originally Posted by 2Claude2Giroux View Post
It really depresses me to see how much money is locked into Lecavalier, Streit and Macdonald.

That could have been used so much more wisely.

Ugh.
Streit is a solid defender and even put up a goal today. MacD is a complete and total wall. I think both of them are pretty damn good for their money. Dmen are hard to find and get your money's worth with.

The whole Vinny situation, I agree with. The only way he could've redeemed his mediocre regular season play was to come into the playoffs in Danny Briere-esque style and heat up enough to be a serious contributing factor during the playoffs. But obviously, he hasn't. He's pretty useless.

Hopefully we can find somewhere to dump that bum.

ericWONT is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
04-22-2014, 10:01 PM
Mylec 22

Quote:

Lecavalier and Schenn are so worthless.
I agree with this. I'm really liking them less and less.

Mylec 22 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
whatthef
Failure is an Option

vCash: 320
Quote:
Craig Berube gets this team to the playoffs after a 1-7 start and this board wants him fired after falling behind one of the 10 best teams in hockey 2-1 in a best of 7 series.

Maybe you should be fired from posting for awhile, clowns. You, and the posters wishing injury on Rangers, give Flyers fans a bad name.
Personally I never wanted him hired as coach in the first place and at no point during this season did I feel differently. The turn around was that nearly the whole team was in a massive slump to start the season then they came out of it and largely played to their potential I give him very little credit for that. I haven't seen him doing anything strategy wise or anything to make me think he's a good head coach. From what I can tell he's much like John Stevens in that he's an excellent assistant coach at the NHL level but not a very good head coach.

whatthef is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
bennysflyers16

Quote:
Originally Posted by Striiker View Post
I swear on my life, if I ever see someone argue that Berube isn't a horrible coach or that Emery isn't a horrible goalie I'm going to bash my head in with this laptop.

Look at the ice times, the lineups, the starting goalie, the "accountability", the "discipline", and everything else this idiot, Berube, ****s up.

Look at how slow his movement is, how slow his reaction times, how many weak goals he lets in, how bad with the puck he is, and every other thing Emery ****s up.
Don't look above you

bennysflyers16 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
healthyscratch

vCash: 633
Quote:
Originally Posted by SuchySays View Post
Mason said he wasn't ready the day before. hasn't played in a week. hasn't had a full practice with the team.

can you blame Berube?

Mason might have given up some bad goals too. just shut up already.
Look at this guy.

You play your best players. It's the playoffs. Player says he can go, he goes.

healthyscratch is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
04-22-2014, 10:02 PM
WACCAttack

Quote:
Ehh, there's just a huge ********** against the kid here. Any game he doesn't produce
just plays into the confirmation bias. He's still what, 22? Turning into the next JVR where people just concentrate on the negatives and don't give him credit for what he's doing right.

He had a good game, he was a part of a lot of chances and didn't make any big defensive gaffes. He's one of our best forwards at zone entry, he's great at controlling the puck on the boards, and he's been winning a lot of puck battles. One of our faster guys too.

Guy just had his first 20-goal season and has been asked to carry his own line for most of it. He's still got enormous potential in my book and you can see it in the little things he does with the puck.
I agree...at least give him a bridge deal and see what happens before casting him off and potentially looking back in hindsight regretting it because we were impatient.

This was a frustrating one. Bad stretch in the first and just couldn't get it in, blocked shots everywhere, Emery wasn't sharp but I think it was a justifiable decision to have him start...I mean, that's the nature of the beast. It's still close, come out strong on Friday and it's a three game series.

WACCAttack is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
BringBackStevens

Quote:

Maybe you should be fired from posting for awhile. You, and the posters wishing injury on Rangers, give Flyers fans a bad name.
He deserves criticism for his ice time decisions please explain that **** to me

BringBackStevens is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
Garbage Goal

Berube is the most frustrating coach I've ever seen, granted I've only been a die-hard type fan since Stevens was here.

Love the guys handling of the media, the way he talks and handles himself, he even says the right things most of the time. Also had the the team playing decently after the first month. His lineup decisions piss me off so ****ing much though and sometimes his ice-time distribution (like tonight) is just all kinds of stupid.

I don't get it and it's really frustrating. Streit being on the 2nd PP unit, the Grossmann-Meszaros-Gustafsson-Gill stuff throughout the season, the Zac Rinaldo experimentation, the moving of Lecavalier every which way to a different line every other ****ing game, the misuse of Lecavalier, sitting Mason for Emery tonight (if Mason isn't healthy he shouldn't be dressed), and giving way too much leeway to vets generally. That's all off the top of my head. I can't take stupid ****ing ice-times on top of that, I just can't.

Garbage Goal is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
46zone
Guttersnipe

Quote:

Schenn has never showed the flashes of dominance or skilled play that JVR showed, his line has been defensively inept the entire season and into this post-season, and he might have the lowest hockey I.Q. on the team.

46zone is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
04-22-2014, 10:03 PM
Flyerss

vCash: 50
Quote:
how the **** did everybody on our team ended up with a Corsi for percanatge above 50%

Flyerss is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
Beef Invictus
Global Moderator
Doof Warrior

Quote:
Originally Posted by BringBackStevens View Post
He deserves criticism for his ice time decisions please explain that **** to me
Down goals late in the 3rd...roll with the offensively impotent 4th line and Grossmann!!

At least Lavi understood that you have to shorten your bench at some point.

Beef Invictus is online now   Reply With Quote
Old
SaskFlyer

My question about Vinny is when did he become this slow?

Honestly that is the problem. He's still a smart player and trying his best, but too fricken slow to keep up to the play or get in on the forecheck.

SaskFlyer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
SuchySays

Quote:
Originally Posted by healthyscratch View Post
Look at this guy.

interesting, do you have inside information?

didn't sound like Mason wanted the net all week.

SuchySays is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
RoDu

Roo needs to pretend we're playing the Pens and play like the top five player that he is

RoDu is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
04-22-2014, 10:04 PM
ericWONT
Nick Grossmann Hater

Quote:
Originally Posted by healthyscratch View Post
Look at this guy.

Well, to be honest, at the given moment, Emery was the better player coming off of a great showing up in MSG. Mason had been sitting around with a thumb up his *** for about a week. Who knows if he would've done better. Berube was not in the wrong for putting in Emery. He worked for his W, he comes back the next game. Now Mason is 100% and Emery isn't hot, so it's a no brainer.

ericWONT is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
04-22-2014, 10:05 PM
Amaro out

vCash: 230
Giroux needs to get his act together.

blinds

Quote:
Originally Posted by whatthef View Post
Personally I never wanted him hired as coach in the first place and at no point during this season did I feel differently. The turn around was that nearly the whole team was in a massive slump to start the season then they came out of it and largely played to their potential I give him very little credit for that. I haven't seen him doing anything strategy wise or anything to make me think he's a good head coach. From what I can tell he's much like John Stevens in that he's an excellent assistant coach at the NHL level but not a very good head coach.
Essentially this. Berube has been making horrible decisions that most of us have been questioning from day one. Now that he's head to head against the same team/coach, his bad decisions are being exposed.

Everything else aside though, how do you not play your best players? Voracek, Giroux should be getting at least 20 minutes and Mason the start.

It's just baffling.

blinds is online now   Reply With Quote
Old
orange is better
Mayor of Seeyasville

Emery was bad, but the rangers d just absolutely has figured out the flyers offense and has completely and utterly shut them down. They know what they're going to do before they do it. Sorry to say, but I don't think we're winning another game. The rangers want it more and the flyers are incapable of changing their approach.

Lecavalier and Schenn are completely useless, read is gone, Hartnell is an idiot and the defense is too slow to contain counter rushes.

orange is better is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
Flyerfan4life

Quote:
Originally Posted by whatthef View Post
^^^^this^^^...

while im still happy we ditched Lavi (althou 2 years to late), i wished they woulda gotten Torts instead. or at the very least another HC with some experience in dealing with rosters that dont compete day in day out.

this team needs a coach that will kick your ass to the press box if u decide you wanna take a night off... this is the big leagues.

to many guys on this team just mail in stupid efforts then go right back out for next shift/game like its nothing...

Flyerfan4life is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
04-22-2014, 10:06 PM
Roman Reigns

Quote:
Originally Posted by RoDu View Post
Roo needs to pretend we're playing the Pens and play like the top five player that he is
He's doing what he can. That team stifles the **** out of him. When that happens other guys need to step up. So far, only Voracek has done that

Roman Reigns is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
04-22-2014, 10:07 PM
Beef Invictus
Global Moderator
Doof Warrior

How, after several PPs of the same ****, do you not tell the guys to start getting the puck over to Voracek? They were making the PK easy for NY. I don't know who is running the PK, but he blew it, and one would hope a HC would notice something as obvious as not using half the ice/your best offensive forward of the game.

Beef Invictus is online now   Reply With Quote