HFBoards

Go Back   HFBoards > NHL Eastern Conference > Metropolitan Division > New York Rangers
Notices

Cullen on WFAN at 12:40

Old
03-06-2007, 10:57 AM
WhipNash27
Quattro!!

vCash: 500
Cullen on WFAN at 12:40

DP on before him.
http://www.wfan.com
to listen online.

WhipNash27 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
03-06-2007, 11:11 AM
bcrt2000

Please give the details of what he said.. don't have a sound card on the computer I'm using at work

bcrt2000 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
03-06-2007, 11:54 AM
True Blue Bleed Blue

Hopefully more coverage during Mike and Dog

True Blue Bleed Blue is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
03-06-2007, 11:55 AM
WhipNash27
Quattro!!

He didn't really say all too much. Said he was a Rangers fan as a kid and he was excited to come here. They have to do more of the same Thursday if they want to win. Talked about what he was thinking before his shootout attempt. Talked about how good of a game DP had. That it was unfortunate for Ward to go, but it didn't work out. That they tried not to think about it too much when they fell behind. That the Jagr Shootout thing wasn't an issue in the locker room.

WhipNash27 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
03-06-2007, 11:55 AM
Janerixon

Cullen talked about the win and how they have to continue to just get as many shots on net as possible

he gave DP credit, said if DP wasn't in net for the isles the score could have easily have had 3 goals

said players have to step up with all the injuries, said isbister and girardi have really played well

talked about jagr taking the penalty shot, said it was a personal choice, never really discussed in the locker room

just said they have to come out and be ready to play on thursday the same way they did on monday, just keep shooting

said he was bummed things didn't work out with aaron ward here, but its a business

lastly said he was an american kid, well not a kid anymore in his own words, and hes been a ranger fan his whole life so hes excited to be playing here

Janerixon is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
03-06-2007, 12:07 PM
nyranger61494
YNWA

Quote:
Originally Posted by True Blue Bleed Blue View Post
Hopefully more coverage during Mike and Dog
They predictably lead off with the Jets trading for Jones.

nyranger61494 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
03-06-2007, 12:09 PM
Cartman27

Send a message via AIM to Cartman27
Do we really want to listen to Mike and the Maddog talk hockey? Russo cant even say Dipietro right.

Cartman27 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
03-06-2007, 12:25 PM
KreiMeARiver
Have Confidence

Quote:
Originally Posted by Cartman27 View Post
Do we really want to listen to Mike and the Maddog talk hockey? Russo cant even say Dipietro right.
He mispronounces almost every name in sports, much less every hockey name.

KreiMeARiver is online now   Reply With Quote
Old
03-06-2007, 12:36 PM
Cartman27

Send a message via AIM to Cartman27
SHOCK.. no hockey yet.

Cartman27 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
03-06-2007, 12:43 PM
KreiMeARiver
Have Confidence

Mike and the Mad Dog...

This is sort of OT, but sort of not..lol

Are the worst ever!!!!!

GIGANTIC Ranger win last night, and they haven't mentioned it in the first 40 minutes.

They talk about who the Miami Dolphins released, and Old Dominion's chances of making the stupid college basketball tournament.

I'm 28, and almost all of my friends follow hockey.

Am I just totally in the dark? I really think more people want to talk hockey over NFL cuts.

Old
03-06-2007, 12:46 PM
bleedrngrblue

Quote:
Originally Posted by hightide85 View Post

Are the worst ever!!!!!

GIGANTIC Ranger win last night, and they haven't mentioned it in the first 40 minutes.

They talk about who the Miami Dolphins released, and Old Dominion's chances of making the stupid college basketball tournament.

Am I just totally in the dark? I really think more people want to talk hockey over NFL cuts.
I agree but that's their MO. they know next to nothing about Hockey and clearly could care less about the Hockey fan in general. Its my personal opinion that there should be a radio show devoted specifically to hockey NHL and minor leagues, all year round. The fanbase is alot smaller than other sports here, but its also alot more fanatical! I'd love to be able to do a show like that, and call it Simply hockey....or Just hockey.

bleedrngrblue is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
03-06-2007, 12:46 PM
Donnico1

Nice game by the Rags last night; they deserved the extra point. I was happy to get out of that one with any points- thanks DP.

If your Rags play with that kind of heart the rest of the way out, you should make the playoffs.

Here's to another good game thursday.....

PS- I TOTALLY agree when it comes to the NY sports media completely ignoring hockey. *** with NFL cuts??? I say good riddance to the NFL till September.

Donnico1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
03-06-2007, 12:47 PM
HockeyBasedNYC

Here we go again. Its been said time and time again.

•Mike and the Maddog suck.

•They never do hockey because they couldnt care less, not fans, have no idea whats going on with the sport, have no clue how the sport is played.

•Being who they are you think they would provide a service to the New Yorkers and want to learn the sport and discuss it genuinely instead of passing it off as a side show, blah blah blah...
Yeah ,yeah, we all know it. END OF STORY.

Now lets all do everyone else a favor and not listen to them anymore.
Or constantly call them up and ask questions about hockey EVERY HOUR, EVERY DAY until they get the idea.

Note: (you might have to mask your question first to get through the operators)

Same goes for every major Sports show and network in America. Not used to it by now?

HockeyBasedNYC is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
03-06-2007, 12:49 PM
nyrmessier011

Send a message via AIM to nyrmessier011
No more moron and mad dog threads No more moron and mad dog threads No more moron and mad dog threads No more moron and mad dog threads No more moron and mad dog threads No more moron and mad dog threads

Not because I disagree, but because every week I must read about how stupid they are on hf boards. They know baseball, football and college ball.

A lot of my friends are huge on hockey too, a lot of people like hockey. It was a big win, but when you don't win a playoff game in ten years, mainstream radio won't mention a big win that puts you in 10th place. Not that these idiots would mention if it took us into the atlantic division lead, but you get my point, when there's three sports ahead of you in NY, you need to perform, not win a big one to come close to the playoffs.

nyrmessier011 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
03-06-2007, 12:51 PM
KreiMeARiver
Have Confidence

Quote:
Originally Posted by HockeyBasedNYC View Post
Here we go again. Its been said time and time again.

Mike and the Maddog suck.
They never do hockey because they couldnt care less, not fans, have no idea whats going on with the sport, have no clue how the sport is played.
Being who they are you think they would provide a service to the New Yorkers and want to learn the sport and discuss it genuinely instead of passing it off as a side show, blah blah blah...
Yeah ,yeah, we all know it. END OF STORY.

Now lets all do everyone else a favor and not listen to them anymore.
Or constantly call them up and ask questions about hockey EVERY HOUR, EVERY DAY until they get the idea.

Note: (you might have to mask your question first to get through the operators)

Same goes for every major Sports show and network in America. Not used to it by now?

Believe it or not I actually was on the air a few weeks ago. Russo was actually taking hockey calls. This was the day after Jagr didn't take the shootout.

I said on the air "the only thing worse than Renney's suits is his coaching". haha I just wanted to say that. I didn't even have a problem with his coaching in that game.

I was Wes in Manhattan if anyone remembers lol

Old
03-06-2007, 12:52 PM
Inferno
HFB Partner

Quote:

Are the worst ever!!!!!

they dont care about hockey. thats fine with me. i almost prefer they ignore it to them talking about something they clearly dont know anything about.

i dont care 2 bits for nascar, so rather than pretend i know stuff about it, i choose to ignore it. they do the same.

Inferno is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
03-06-2007, 12:52 PM
HockeyBasedNYC

Quote:
Originally Posted by nyrmessier011 View Post
No more moron and mad dog threads No more moron and mad dog threads No more moron and mad dog threads No more moron and mad dog threads No more moron and mad dog threads No more moron and mad dog threads

Not because I disagree, but because every week I must read about how stupid they are on hf boards. They know baseball, football and college ball.

A lot of my friends are huge on hockey too, a lot of people like hockey. It was a big win, but when you don't win a playoff game in ten years, mainstream radio won't mention a big win that puts you in 10th place. Not that these idiots would mention if it took us into the atlantic division lead, but you get my point, when there's three sports ahead of you in NY, you need to perform, not win a big one to come close to the playoffs.
Basically what im saying too.

Lets not stain our boards anymore with the M&MM poop.

Any thread about them should be instantly locked and deleted.

Old
03-06-2007, 12:53 PM
SingnBluesOnBroadway
Retired

Awards:
Quote:

Are the worst ever!!!!!

No, actually more people do want to talk about NFL cuts. It's a more popular sport and league.

Why set yourself up for disappointment? They're not going to talk hockey.

Personally the only thing worse than them talking hockey is them talking hockey.

03-06-2007, 12:53 PM
Inferno
HFB Partner

Quote:
Originally Posted by Donnico1 View Post
Nice game by the Rags last night; they deserved the extra point. I was happy to get out of that one with any points- thanks DP.

If your Rags play with that kind of heart the rest of the way out, you should make the playoffs.

Here's to another good game thursday.....

PS- I TOTALLY agree when it comes to the NY sports media completely ignoring hockey. *** with NFL cuts??? I say good riddance to the NFL till September.
i hate it when people call the rangers the "rags" and dont expect ranger fans to get ticked. i wonder how it would go over if i casually went and engaged myself in a conversation on the isles boards and constantly referred to them as the asslanders...

Inferno is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
03-06-2007, 12:54 PM
chosen

Quote:
In answer to your question, yes. We hockey fans are a very small group in the big picture in NY.

chosen is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
03-06-2007, 12:56 PM
HockeyBasedNYC

Quote:
Originally Posted by inferno272 View Post
i hate it when people call the rangers the "rags" and dont expect ranger fans to get ticked. i wonder how it would go over if i casually went and engaged myself in a conversation on the isles boards and constantly referred to them as the asslanders...
Yeah that annoys the hell out of me too. But you should just report the post. Why not.

But what really ticks me off is when a so-called Rangers fan calls them the Rags as if they didnt know any better.

Old
03-06-2007, 01:00 PM
SPG

Quote:
Originally Posted by SingnBluesOnBroadway View Post
Personally the only thing worse than them talking hockey is them talking hockey.
Thats deep, man.

SPG is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
03-06-2007, 01:01 PM
NYR94

Send a message via AIM to NYR94
I wish the FAN had a true hockey talk show, even if it were for just one hour. And I'm not talking about Somers. He's a fan of the game but he doesn't come close to offering the type of insight Mike and Chris offer for sports like baseball, basketball and football. Anyone who knows just a little bit about hockey will probably be bored by Steve Somers. Nice guy, entertaining to listen to if you can put up with his shtick and his repeated jabs at the "Icelanders," but you're not going to find any serious hockey discussion there.

I remember I was scanning the stations a few years ago one night and I came across the Stony Brook University station and they had two guys talking NHL hockey. I can't remember if they were taking calls, but it was pretty good. Better than anything WFAN has done.

NYR94 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
03-06-2007, 01:01 PM
SingnBluesOnBroadway
Retired

Awards:
Quote:
Originally Posted by SPG View Post
Thats deep, man.
Behoove.

SingnBluesOnBroadway is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
03-06-2007, 01:07 PM
KreiMeARiver
Have Confidence

Quote:
Originally Posted by chosen View Post
In answer to your question, yes. We hockey fans are a very small group in the big picture in NY.
I feel like Sean Avery, and the mods here are the refs.

If I start a thread, it gets moved or closed.

Not everyone reads this every second of every day.

Not everyone knows that there have been other threads on this topic.

Go ahead, warn me...it doesn't matter.