HFBoards

Go Back   HFBoards > NHL Eastern Conference > Atlantic Division > Detroit Red Wings
Mobile Hockey's Future Become a Sponsor Site Rules Support Forum vBookie Page 2
Notices

Bertuzzi+ Datsyuk

Old
03-05-2007, 10:11 PM
yzerman4me

vCash: 500
Bertuzzi+ Datsyuk

Just wonderin' if there's any progress in signing Datsyuk. Also anyway we can keep both Datsyuk and Bertuzzi. whats the status on ur cap room for next season?

yzerman4me is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
03-05-2007, 10:31 PM
Hooligan on E

check out www.nhlnumbers.com for the cap stuff. signing bert will depend on how he feels about detroit and his role. i think alot of ppl see him signing in phoenix to play w/jovo or at least somewhere he can play golf. as for datsyuk, all russians are emigmas to me.

Hooligan on E is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
03-06-2007, 01:39 AM
14ari13

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sands View Post
check out www.nhlnumbers.com for the cap stuff. signing bert will depend on how he feels about detroit and his role. i think alot of ppl see him signing in phoenix to play w/jovo or at least somewhere he can play golf. as for datsyuk, all russians are emigmas to me.
Thanks for posting this link, it's great.

14ari13 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
03-06-2007, 07:39 AM
Fugu

vCash:
And if you want a truly intense salary and cap site, don't forget HF's own Irish Blues.

Link to IB's page.

Depending on what Holland wants to do with the likes of Schneider and Lang, he should be able to get Bertuzzi and Datsyuk re-signed. Especially if Dats isn't asking for Lidstrom-type of money.

I do think Bertuzzi - if okay healthwise - will be offered a contract. I doubt Ken would've worried about negotiating a pick contingent on Bert signing with the Wings if he wasn't thinking about it. How much Bert gets offered will depend on playoffs and how he's looking in action. If he has any fire in his belly, why in the world would he go to the Coyotes? I don't see them being a contender for some time (maybe not even then!). Furthermore, if the Wings don't keep Bert, they're right back where they started in needing a power forward for their top 6.

The cap is going up to at least $48 MM, and potentially as high as $50 MM next year based on some projections. That's $4 MM at least of extra room even with all the current contracts they have now. Lang and Schneider are off the books this summer, so that's $7 MM right there, but if Schneider isn't re-signed, we'll still need another D man, probably someone from the UFA pool. I'd be more worried if the cap wasn't going up.

Old
03-06-2007, 11:11 AM
Shoalzie

I've got to imagine there is a lot of room under the cap but not many guys under contract right now for next season. If Bert comes back and looks great, I'd hope Holland locks him up. No denying that Datsyuk is a great regular season player...just need to see him light it up in April, May and June to justify paying "superstar money".

Shoalzie is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
03-06-2007, 12:28 PM
cantskate

Let's wait until Bert actually plays a game before talk contract.

cantskate is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
03-06-2007, 12:31 PM
Mayor Mike

vCash:
Quote:
Originally Posted by cantskate View Post
Let's wait until Bert actually plays a game before talk contract.

Old
03-06-2007, 01:00 PM
14ari13

Quote:
Originally Posted by Fugu View Post
And if you want a truly intense salary and cap site, don't forget HF's own Irish Blues.

Link to IB's page.

Depending on what Holland wants to do with the likes of Schneider and Lang, he should be able to get Bertuzzi and Datsyuk re-signed. Especially if Dats isn't asking for Lidstrom-type of money.

I do think Bertuzzi - if okay healthwise - will be offered a contract. I doubt Ken would've worried about negotiating a pick contingent on Bert signing with the Wings if he wasn't thinking about it. How much Bert gets offered will depend on playoffs and how he's looking in action. If he has any fire in his belly, why in the world would he go to the Coyotes? I don't see them being a contender for some time (maybe not even then!). Furthermore, if the Wings don't keep Bert, they're right back where they started in needing a power forward for their top 6.

The cap is going up to at least $48 MM, and potentially as high as $50 MM next year based on some projections. That's $4 MM at least of extra room even with all the current contracts they have now. Lang and Schneider are off the books this summer, so that's $7 MM right there, but if Schneider isn't re-signed, we'll still need another D man, probably someone from the UFA pool. I'd be more worried if the cap wasn't going up.
I hope another GM gives Schneider 4-5M and "steals" him from Holland. Holland goes and signs Hannan.
Lang can go and Filppula is ready.
I am not sure I would want Bertuzzi long term. But if Holland can sign him cheap (under 4,5 around 4) then why not.

14ari13 is offline   Reply With Quote