HFBoards

Go Back   HFBoards > NHL Eastern Conference > Metropolitan Division > New York Rangers
Notices

Info on Kaspar?

Old
03-06-2007, 10:25 AM
XploD

vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Ola View Post
Could be my english, but I get a feeling Kaspar had a breakdown? Sobbing uncontrollably on the bench.
Sounds like it. It's not surprising considering how it's been going for him lately and it definitely worries me, Kaspar is the kind of guy who cheers everyone up. Could be pretty bad if a guy like him breaks down like that.

Quote:
Originally Posted by RangerBoy View Post
Kasparaitis should retire.His body has broken down and his health prevents him from playing at any effective level.
It's not over yet! People were saying the same things about Selanne. Gotta be optimistic!

XploD is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
03-06-2007, 10:35 AM
SingnBluesOnBroadway
Retired

Awards:
Quote:
Originally Posted by XploD View Post
Sounds like it. It's not surprising considering how it's been going for him lately and it definitely worries me, Kaspar is the kind of guy who cheers everyone up. Could be pretty bad if a guy like him breaks down like that.

It's not over yet! People were saying the same things about Selanne. Gotta be optimistic!
Selanne doesn't play the same physically punishing game that Kaspar does.

03-06-2007, 11:20 AM
nyranger61494
YNWA

Quote:
Originally Posted by RangerBoy View Post
Steve Zipay is a moron

http://www.newsday.com/sports/printe...y-sports-print

Kasparaitis played his last game as a Rangers before the latest incident

Kasparaitis is making $3.116 million next season.Buying out Kasparaitis would result in the Rangers taking two $1 million cap hits over the next two years.Kasparaitis should retire.His body has broken down and his health prevents him from playing at any effective level.Give him the Dan McGillis treatment
He would be cleared from the cap if he were to retire?

nyranger61494 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
03-06-2007, 02:44 PM
Brooklyn Ranger

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ola View Post
Could be my english, but I get a feeling Kaspar had a breakdown? Sobbing uncontrollably on the bench.
I'd like to see how calm anyone here would be when they couldn't catch their breath. What happened is a natural reaction to a panic situation.

As for the thought that Kaspar should retire because it's what "best" for the team--that's entirely up to Kaspar. No one put a gun to Sather's head when Sather offered him a contract that was too long and too rich. And no one put a gun to Sather's head after the lockout, when Kaspar could have been bought out without a cap hit--many people here thought Kaspar should have been bought out because of fear that Kaspar would breakdown physically before the end of his contract.

The Rangers took a chance with Kaspar, not once, but twice. Now they have to live with the consequences.

Brooklyn Ranger is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
03-06-2007, 02:53 PM
bleedrngrblue

Quote:
Originally Posted by Brooklyn Ranger View Post
I'd like to see how calm anyone here would be when they couldn't catch their breath. What happened is a natural reaction to a panic situation.

As for the thought that Kaspar should retire because it's what "best" for the team--that's entirely up to Kaspar. No one put a gun to Sather's head when Sather offered him a contract that was too long and too rich. And no one put a gun to Sather's head after the lockout, when Kaspar could have been bought out without a cap hit--many people here thought Kaspar should have been bought out because of fear that Kaspar would breakdown physically before the end of his contract.

The Rangers took a chance with Kaspar, not once, but twice. Now they have to live with the consequences.
I agree...but I'll generously add that while Kaspar has had his struggles on the ice, Kasper has been worth it off the ice ! he has been involved with several Ranger prospects, including Jessiman, in the offseason programs and has seemed to embrace a mentoring attitude with the youth . I feel for Kaspar, I really do. He more than most has left it all physically out there on the ice. Not the biggest guy, not the strongest guy, but alot of pride and heart. I really hope he gets to finish his playing career differently, and I think he may have a future as a coach!

bleedrngrblue is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
03-06-2007, 05:44 PM
The Thomas J.*

Quote:
Originally Posted by bleedrngrblue View Post
I agree...but I'll generously add that while Kaspar has had his struggles on the ice, Kasper has been worth it off the ice ! he has been involved with several Ranger prospects, including Jessiman, in the offseason programs and has seemed to embrace a mentoring attitude with the youth . I feel for Kaspar, I really do. He more than most has left it all physically out there on the ice. Not the biggest guy, not the strongest guy, but alot of pride and heart. I really hope he gets to finish his playing career differently, and I think he may have a future as a coach!
I agree, Hes def. not the biggest guy, after meeting him I was surprised how small he really was.
Hope he make sit back

The Thomas J.* is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
03-12-2007, 01:43 PM
swissmiss

I dont think he is done for, they need to give him some faith so that he will have some in himself, when the coaching staff has his skating extra after every practice, and he still dont get no respect, how can we expect him to have belief in himself

swissmiss is offline   Reply With Quote