Closed Thread

Old
04-23-2014, 11:11 AM
Sweech
COYS!

vCash: 50
Quote:
Originally Posted by ps241 View Post
Yea when I first got into English club footie a buddy of mine was a big Gunners fan so I picked their rival so we could debate and torment. Little did I know the team I jumped on board with was so polarizing. I usually prefer underdogs (gjg). This season made me realize Alex Ferguson was special and I am glad I was around for his run.
Should have picked Tottenham. Arsenal's rival and huge underdog team every year. They get my hopes up every year only to let me down. Similar to my Jets and Texans.

Quote:
Yea that is funny......my wife is great for going to most sports. We went to the US open in Tennis and she loved it......loves going to NBA games.....loved going to NFL games....is a bigger CFL fan than me......but NHL she is Meh on which is too bad.
I find most girls will go to an actual game and have a great time. Watching it on TV or talking about it though? Totally different situation.

Quote:
Originally Posted by GermanJetsFan View Post
They'll sign Kroos and maybe Reus, both for 45 million this summer, go with Giggs and Scholes as their coaches and get back to where they belong next year.

Next year will be even more interesting in EPL: ManU will be back in the title fight, Liverpool is back in it (and will actually take it this year, IMO), Arsenal will make the next step, IMO, Chelsea and City are already in the fight anyway... Everton and Tottenham just behind hoping for every stumble to get in the top 5.

At the end, Arsenal will fail like always I'm a gunner, btw.
I don't think the Man U fix is going to be that easy. I really need to see who their manager is going to be. I think they'll land Kroos as well, but I don't think they get Reus.

Personally I think they're going to shell out a ton of money on players this transfer window, but will ultimately disappoint again next year.

I so desperately want Spurs to get a top 4 finish.

Old
04-23-2014, 11:37 AM
Turbofan
The Full 60 Minutes

I don't really follow soccer and am straight as an arrow, but I would say CR7 is a pretty good looking guy. Just going by 'looks'. Definitions of 'sexy' though, are colored by personal perceptions of an individuals mannerisms, personality, and things like their affiliations, (which we may attach positive or negative feelings to) and their public persona as we see through the lens of the media. e.g. you probably wouldn't be crushing hard on Blake Wheeler if he wasn't a Jet.

Old
04-23-2014, 11:39 AM
LadyJet26
GO JETS GO!!!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Turbofan View Post
I don't really follow soccer and am straight as an arrow, but I would say CR7 is a pretty good looking guy. Just going by 'looks'. Definitions of 'sexy' though, are colored by personal perceptions of an individual mannerisms, personality, and things like their affiliations, (which we may attach positive or negative feelings to) and public persona. e.g. you probably wouldn't be crushing hard on Blake Wheeler if he wasn't a Jet.
Have liked him since he was a Bruin. So colour that one differently because I hate the Bruins. And then again, I also think Biz is good looking and I can't stand his persona.

Old
04-23-2014, 12:34 PM
Sweech
COYS!

Switzerland is my other darkhorse world cup team. I don't expect them to do a whole lot, but there's a lot of individuals who I like and the Swiss league has recently been pumping out lots of young talent to the bigger leagues around the world.

Old
04-23-2014, 12:46 PM
GermanJetsFan
*PEW* *PEW* *PEW*

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sweech View Post
Switzerland is my other darkhorse world cup team. I don't expect them to do a whole lot, but there's a lot of individuals who I like and the Swiss league has recently been pumping out lots of young talent to the bigger leagues around the world.
They always choke in tournaments. I don't know why that is, they have a decent team by now but I still don't have much hope for them. As half Swiss, I'd love them to at least finally make it past the group stage once.

Old
04-23-2014, 12:53 PM
Sweech
COYS!

Quote:
Originally Posted by GermanJetsFan View Post
They always choke in tournaments. I don't know why that is, they have a decent team by now but I still don't have much hope for them. As half Swiss, I'd love them to at least finally make it past the group stage once.
Yeah, I they'll do well though. I like the roster and Hitzfeld is a pretty darn good manager (albeit old and probably retiring after the World Cup). They also have a pretty easy group stage. France is the only big competition and they just BARELY made it into the tournament.

I'll also likely be watching Croatia as that's another country which has been producing solid young talent recently.

Old
04-23-2014, 01:17 PM
Turbofan
The Full 60 Minutes

Quick question: why won't the animated bandwagon .gif I uploaded as my avatar, animate? It works offline.

Old
04-23-2014, 01:20 PM
irunthepeg
THE ONE WHO KNOCKS

Quote:
Quick question: why won't the animated bandwagon .gif I uploaded as my avatar, animate? It works offline.
The version you used is too large of a filesize so it strips the animation and gives you the first frame. Use the dithered (lower quality) ones.

Old
04-23-2014, 01:29 PM
YWGinYYZ
Global Moderator
Alien Hockey Wizard

vCash: 200
Quote:
Quote:
Originally Posted by irunthepeg View Post
The version you used is too large of a filesize so it strips the animation and gives you the first frame. Use the dithered (lower quality) ones.
Yep: for a non-sponsor, the filesize limit is 20k or less, and 125x125 pixels.

Old
04-23-2014, 01:30 PM
Turbofan
The Full 60 Minutes

Quote:
Originally Posted by irunthepeg View Post
Ah thanks. Someone link the Sharks one please.

As I am apparantly the only one in my office pool who picked Marleau and Pavelski, and most other picks are a wash, I need the Sharks to go all the way.

Old
04-23-2014, 01:34 PM
Huffer

Quote:
Originally Posted by LadyJet26 View Post
Man I need to get a boyfriend. Been far too long.
Do you live on a farm? I hear that there's a website for that.......

Old
04-23-2014, 01:38 PM
YWGinYYZ
Global Moderator
Alien Hockey Wizard

vCash: 200
Quote:
Ah thanks. Someone link the Sharks one please.

As I am apparantly the only one in my office pool who picked Marleau and Pavelski, and most other picks are a wash, I need the Sharks to go all the way.
Here's a link: you can copy and paste this into the avatar selector thingy in User CP:

http://www.twitchmedia.com/jets/avatars/bandwagon_2014/jets_sharks_bandwagon_2014_125x125.gif

Old
04-23-2014, 01:41 PM
LadyJet26
GO JETS GO!!!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Huffer View Post
Hahahahahahaha no. Transcona can be bad, but it's not a farm

Old
04-23-2014, 02:10 PM
ps241
The Danish Dash!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sweech View Post
Should have picked Tottenham. Arsenal's rival and huge underdog team every year. They get my hopes up every year only to let me down. Similar to my Jets and Texans.

I find most girls will go to an actual game and have a great time. Watching it on TV or talking about it though? Totally different situation.
I should have definitely picked the Spurs because I am more use to a team that doesn't win.....it was weird being on the Man U band wagon and they won the treble in the first year I was aboard (1999). I was thinking "that is more championships than every team I have ever cheered for combined". I needed a shower.

Yea it would be sooooo cool having a wife-girlfriend who was the driver on the hockey watching.

Old
04-23-2014, 02:40 PM
LadyJet26
GO JETS GO!!!

Haha so the driver on watching hockey. I'd also go into debt if it meant seeing a playoff game. Almost bought tickets to the 2011 finals game 1 but couldn't afford the plane ticket out there

Old
04-23-2014, 02:55 PM
Makeshift We Are
Harper is a fool.

sigh... no more long hair for me after this week/weekend. a fulltime job has outweighed my hair at this point.

Old
04-23-2014, 02:56 PM
irunthepeg
THE ONE WHO KNOCKS

Quote:
I should have definitely picked the Spurs because I am more use to a team that doesn't win.....it was weird being on the Man U band wagon and they won the treble in the first year I was aboard (1999). I was thinking "that is more championships than every team I have ever cheered for combined". I needed a shower.

Yea it would be sooooo cool having a wife-girlfriend who was the driver on the hockey watching.
Quote:
Originally Posted by LadyJet26 View Post
Haha so the driver on watching hockey. I'd also go into debt if it meant seeing a playoff game. Almost bought tickets to the 2011 finals game 1 but couldn't afford the plane ticket out there

Old
04-23-2014, 03:32 PM
TCsmyth

vCash: 500
Guys, not sure where to post this, but I really hope we never lose the "True North" shout out during anthems...

In the first year, I was on board with many others that this was a way to say thank you to Thomson and Chipman. However, I really don't think that it is about True North the "company" anymore (at least not for me - I have said thank you enough with my $ and loyalty!).

I really believe it has come to represent us as a fanbase that is strong and together. I listen for the True North on every away broadcast as an indication of how many Jets fans there are "representing" and supporting our boys.

Just ranting that I hope it never goes away, as I have heard some people say they think it is a mindless homage to TNSE. Not for me it isn't...am I being silly here?

Old
04-23-2014, 03:33 PM
ps241
The Danish Dash!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Makeshift We Are View Post
sigh... no more long hair for me after this week/weekend. a fulltime job has outweighed my hair at this point.
If you are a guy over 25 and long hair is still an option you should count your lucky stars Makeshift

Old
04-23-2014, 03:38 PM
Makeshift We Are
Harper is a fool.

Quote:
If you are a guy over 25 and long hair is still an option you should count your lucky stars Makeshift

nope, 19 in July. Figure I've got time to grow it back out before it's all gone!

Old
04-23-2014, 03:38 PM
Tom ServoMST3K
I am Catbug

Quote:
Originally Posted by Huffer View Post
DAMMIT

I rushed onto hf when i saw that post to reply like this

DAMN YOU HUFFER

DAMN YOU

Old
04-23-2014, 03:40 PM
Tom ServoMST3K
I am Catbug

I'm looking at the 48 hour film project, and it looks really fun.

Wish there was one in Winnipeg

Old
04-23-2014, 03:42 PM
ps241
The Danish Dash!

Quote:
Originally Posted by TCsmyth View Post
Guys, not sure where to post this, but I really hope we never lose the "True North" shout out during anthems...

In the first year, I was on board with many others that this was a way to say thank you to Thomson and Chipman. However, I really don't think that it is about True North the "company" anymore (at least not for me - I have said thank you enough with my $ and loyalty!).

I really believe it has come to represent us as a fanbase that is strong and together. I listen for the True North on every away broadcast as an indication of how many Jets fans there are "representing" and supporting our boys.
Just ranting that I hope it never goes away, as I have heard some people say they think it is a mindless homage to TNSE. Not for me it isn't...am I being silly here?
you are definitely not being silly at all!

I think it is here for good. It began as one thing and now I see it as more than that. It is a rallying cry very much like "you will never walk alone" for Liverpool soccer (my favorite). I look at it as our fans letting the players know (and the fans back home) that no matter what building they are in we are in this together and they will never walk alone.

http://www.theguardian.com/football/...lone-mcg-video

Old
04-23-2014, 03:42 PM
TCsmyth

vCash: 500
Quote:
True that guys...I know what ps241 looks like:

Old
04-23-2014, 03:44 PM
ps241
The Danish Dash!

Quote:
Originally Posted by TCsmyth View Post
True that guys...I know what ps241 looks like:

soooooo Matt Libel without the beard?

Closed Thread