HFBoards

Go Back   HFBoards > NHL Eastern Conference > Atlantic Division > Montreal Canadiens
Mobile Hockey's Future Become a Sponsor Site Rules Support Forum vBookie Page 2
Notices

Good Series, Tampa Bay

Old
04-23-2014, 11:49 AM
No Team Needed

vCash: 500
Good Series, Tampa Bay

I just thought to say I have nothing but respect and admiration for Tampa Bay and their fans and not just in this series.

I've watched quite a few games in Tampa and caught a few of their games back when they were a fresh team in the 90s struggling for identity (had a friend or two on their old teams) and I never got the feeling this was a team followed by people who didn't know their hockey. I know saying that for south fans is getting tiresome that they have to "prove" their passion to Canadians or they get pat on the head compliments about how they like hockey too! but I remember sitting beside a few Lightning fans with Jeff Reese in net and all the hope on Chris Gratton's back and they weren't Canadian transplants. They were from Sarasota and they were discussing their doubts on Gratton and how he was just a product of the size obsessed Lindros era. They ended up being right.

During this series there didn't seem to be the same level of anger and vitriol on either side. Nothing but respect, even when Lightning fans seen their franchise player kneed accidentally. They didn't lash out. Sure they might have hated the calls during the game (so did their coach) but it wasn't like what I see from Bruins fans or Senators fans. There was always class.

Sorry the series wasn't closer. You have a great team and will be a great rival for Montreal for years to come in the Atlantic division. You deserve more respect in NHL circles for showing how hockey is done in the Big Guava. I hope more Habs fans feel the same. Good game, good series, good luck next year!

No Team Needed is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
04-23-2014, 12:01 PM
S Bah

Quote:
Originally Posted by No Team Needed View Post
I just thought to say I have nothing but respect and admiration for Tampa Bay and their fans and not just in this series.

I've watched quite a few games in Tampa and caught a few of their games back when they were a fresh team in the 90s struggling for identity (had a friend or two on their old teams) and I never got the feeling this was a team followed by people who didn't know their hockey. I know saying that for south fans is getting tiresome that they have to "prove" their passion to Canadians or they get pat on the head compliments about how they like hockey too! but I remember sitting beside a few Lightning fans with Jeff Reese in net and all the hope on Chris Gratton's back and they weren't Canadian transplants. They were from Sarasota and they were discussing their doubts on Gratton and how he was just a product of the size obsessed Lindros era. They ended up being right.

During this series there didn't seem to be the same level of anger and vitriol on either side. Nothing but respect, even when Lightning fans seen their franchise player kneed accidentally. They didn't lash out. Sure they might have hated the calls during the game (so did their coach) but it wasn't like what I see from Bruins fans or Senators fans. There was always class.

Sorry the series wasn't closer. You have a great team and will be a great rival for Montreal for years to come in the Atlantic division. You deserve more respect in NHL circles for showing how hockey is done in the Big Guava. I hope more Habs fans feel the same. Good game, good series, good luck next year!
It's always nice to win, but like Max Pacioretty, fans should show class and good sportsmanship whether winning or losing. Tampa Bay Lightning are building another great team and Drouin/Stamkos are going to be one of the All-Time great duos in hockey very soon. They should walk proudly their time is coming, lots of good signs from their team in this series as well!

S Bah is online now   Reply With Quote
Old
04-23-2014, 12:02 PM
BrimStone64

That was toughest sweep i ever seen

BrimStone64 is online now   Reply With Quote
Old
04-23-2014, 12:05 PM
DenverHabsFan

Kudos to TB indeed. Hard to hate them. Stamkos is a fierce competitor but very likable.

Compared to the garbage we'll be dealing with next round...

DenverHabsFan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
04-23-2014, 12:06 PM
BLONG7

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mats86 View Post
They have a good young team, and Bishop would have made it a 6-7 game series, I have no doubt...

BLONG7 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
04-23-2014, 12:09 PM
Agnostic
11 Stanley Cups

Quote:
Originally Posted by No Team Needed View Post

Why put this thread here?

I was at Game 2 in Tampa, there is no vibe, no buzz, no discussion about the game. The team had to put free T-shirts on each seat to get the appearance of being a fan base. Go to bars talk to bartenders, customers, you're more likely to find someone who doesn't even know the playoffs are occurring than know something about the team or the game.

They are a minor market, the Lightening's only significance is that they are now in the same division as Leafs and Habs which will give a minor boost to their tourism economy.

Last edited by Agnostic: 04-23-2014 at 12:15 PM.
Agnostic is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
04-23-2014, 12:10 PM
Corncob

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mats86 View Post
This is spot on. 4-0 looks like a blowout but three of the games were very close.

Corncob is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
04-23-2014, 12:11 PM
Corncob

Quote:
Originally Posted by Agnostic View Post

I was at Game 3 in Tampa, there is no vibe, no buzz, no discussion about the game.
Game three was in Montreal. Maybe that was where you went wrong?

Old
04-23-2014, 12:13 PM
BobBobrovsky*

Quote:
Originally Posted by Corncob View Post
This is spot on. 4-0 looks like a blowout but three of the games were very close.
Games one and four were close mostly because Price was less than stellar. For the most part the Lightning sucked in this series. Let's keep it real, people.

BobBobrovsky* is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
04-23-2014, 12:14 PM
Corncob

Quote:
Originally Posted by BobBobrovsky View Post
Games one and four were close mostly because Price was less than stellar. For the most part the Lightning sucked in this series. Let's keep it real, people.
Price may have been less than stellar but he was still better than Lindback!

Old
04-23-2014, 12:15 PM
Agnostic
11 Stanley Cups

Quote:
lol. still jetlagged I guess. Game 2

Old
04-23-2014, 12:17 PM
Agnostic
11 Stanley Cups

Quote:
Nah. How much of the series did Tampa have the lead? 6 minutes?
It was domination from start to finish this series.

Old
04-23-2014, 12:18 PM
Puck Hog

It's amazing how far they came in context of the drama in Tampa this season. Well deserved kudos for the season and series. Especially liked listening to Cooper - he is a keeper.

One spiteful little thought though - hope Emelin punches Stamkos with a cheap shot to the face next year. It will be well deserved.

Puck Hog is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
04-23-2014, 12:28 PM
BobBobrovsky*

Quote:
Price may have been less than stellar but he was still better than Lindback!
You and I would have been too. Price will need to be better than a .910 save % in the next round.

BobBobrovsky* is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
04-23-2014, 01:05 PM
Madam Kadri
Fight, Troll, Score

Therrien complimented the Bolts during his presser after the game last night.

Madam Kadri is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
04-23-2014, 01:07 PM
onice

Quote:
Originally Posted by DenverHabsFan View Post
Kudos to TB indeed. Hard to hate them. Stamkos is a fierce competitor but very likable.

Compared to the garbage we'll be dealing with next round...

Maybe not.

onice is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
04-23-2014, 01:10 PM
MooseOllini
BobBarker

The taste of defeat? Fries, Gravy and cheese. Delicious!

http://25stanley.com/after-party-du-...-montreal.html

MooseOllini is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
04-23-2014, 01:10 PM
speed11

Quote:
Originally Posted by onice View Post
Maybe not.
boston is in complete control of this series so far, i'd be surprised if it goes more than 5....hoping i'm wrong.

speed11 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
04-23-2014, 01:29 PM
BLONG7

Quote:
Nah. How much of the series did Tampa have the lead? 6 minutes?
It was domination from start to finish this series.
I think last night, they said T-bay had the lead in the series for 3.40 seconds...along that lines...the Habs outhustled them, it was a balanced attack, all 4 lines deserve credit.

BLONG7 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
04-23-2014, 01:32 PM
1UP

Quote:
Originally Posted by speed11 View Post
boston is in complete control of this series so far, i'd be surprised if it goes more than 5....hoping i'm wrong.
Wise Hockey fans never count the Wings out!

1UP is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
04-23-2014, 02:02 PM
Madam Kadri
Fight, Troll, Score

Quote:
Originally Posted by 1UP View Post
Wise Hockey fans never count the Wings out!
Being shutout twice in row though, is cause for concern.

Madam Kadri is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
04-23-2014, 02:07 PM
SB164

Tampa Bay fans really hate the Habs

http://hfboards.hockeysfuture.com/sh...&postcount=633

SB164 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
04-23-2014, 02:07 PM
Derfel

vCash: 490
Quote:
Magical response! Well done!

Derfel is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
04-23-2014, 02:10 PM
tinyzombies

Quote:
Originally Posted by speed11 View Post
I hope you are right, or else Montreal will get stale waiting.

tinyzombies is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
04-23-2014, 02:16 PM
KrejciMVP

Quote:

I was at Game 2 in Tampa, there is no vibe, no buzz, no discussion about the game. The team had to put free T-shirts on each seat to get the appearance of being a fan base. Go to bars talk to bartenders, customers, you're more likely to find someone who doesn't even know the playoffs are occurring than know something about the team or the game.

They are a minor market, the Lightening's only significance is that they are now in the same division as Leafs and Habs which will give a minor boost to their tourism economy.
Agreed, send them to Quebec City, waste of time having hockey in Florida

KrejciMVP is online now   Reply With Quote