HFBoards

Go Back   HFBoards > NHL Eastern Conference > Metropolitan Division > New York Rangers
Mobile Hockey's Future Become a Sponsor Site Rules Support Forum vBookie Page 2
Notices

Dubinsky and Liffiton Recalled

Old
03-06-2007, 04:22 PM
FLYLine24*

vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by xander View Post
I didn't realize that Dubinsky had been playing wing, hasn't he always been a center? And I'd say that Callahan, who does kill penalties, is more versatile than Dubinsky.
Dubinsky has been playing center almost exclusively for the most part in Hartford.

FLYLine24* is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
03-06-2007, 04:23 PM
xander

you're probably right edge, there's a chance I'm overreacting here. I'm just looking at the way Prucha's been used this year and at the way Dawes was treated at the begining of the year and wondering if there's a pattern starting to form.

xander is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
03-06-2007, 04:24 PM
xander

Quote:
Originally Posted by FLYLine88 View Post
Dubinsky has been playing center almost exclusively for the most part in Hartford.
that's what I thought.

Old
03-06-2007, 04:34 PM
Edge

Quote:
you're probably right edge, there's a chance I'm overreacting here. I'm just looking at the way Prucha's been used this year and at the way Dawes was treated at the begining of the year and wondering if there's a pattern starting to form.
I guess try to think of it this way,we just recalled a 20 year old and a 22 year old to fill a hole. That in itself is a change.

Personally I doubt this is a last of the season move, probably just a chance to take a look at Brandon and then they can say going into next camp they saw him, Dawes and Cally.

Wouldn't be shocked to see Korpikoski get into a game or two as well.

Edge is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
03-06-2007, 04:36 PM
shoothepuck

Will be interesting to see where Tom puts these two, and if Lifton does play, who he gets paired with.

shoothepuck is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
03-06-2007, 04:47 PM
CM Lundqvist
Best In The World

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dagoon44 View Post
Liffton will be fine and he is tuff in case we need it.
Is your avatar Jim Cornette?

CM Lundqvist is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
03-06-2007, 04:47 PM
Levitate

Quote:
it just seems to me that Hossa, a versatile wing who can kill penalties and has shown some scoring touch, would be best replaced by Callahan, a versitile wing that can kill penalties and has shown a scoring touch.

I understand the size argument, but I think it's alittle silly to expect a 20 year old who has just recently grown into his body to really step in and be a big physical force at this level.
Likely because they can move Straka to the wing and move Dubinsky to the middle. That way you don't have Straka, with his bum shoulder, taking faceoffs.

Levitate is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
03-06-2007, 04:54 PM
Inferno
HFB Partner

i just dont know how well callahans game translates to the nhl. if i were to guess, id say at best a 3rd liner. i guess well find out.

Inferno is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
03-06-2007, 04:55 PM
Richter35

Quote:
Originally Posted by Levitate View Post
Likely because they can move Straka to the wing and move Dubinsky to the middle. That way you don't have Straka, with his bum shoulder, taking faceoffs.

but in that case, why dubinsky over jarko?

Richter35 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
03-06-2007, 04:57 PM
TheRedressor

im hoping for:

Isbister-Nylander-Jagr
Prucha-Cullen-Ortmeyer
Avery-Dubinsky-Straka
Hollweg-Betts-Orr

Rozsival-Malik
Mara-Rachuneck
Girardi-Liffiton

LIFFITON MUST BE IN THERE OVER POCK FOR TOUGHNESS

TheRedressor is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
03-06-2007, 04:57 PM
nyranger61494
YNWA

Quote:
Originally Posted by Levitate View Post
Ding ding, thought and said the same thing earlier...

nyranger61494 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
03-06-2007, 04:58 PM
xander

Quote:
Originally Posted by inferno272 View Post
i just dont know how well callahans game translates to the nhl. if i were to guess, id say at best a 3rd liner. i guess well find out.
that's what most of us think, but is there anyone now in hartford that projects to be a top line talent and is ready to step in?

No ones saying Cally's set to take over the world, but he probably projects to being a pretty good third line player, and he's earned his shot to prove that.

Old
03-06-2007, 05:00 PM
xander

Quote:
Originally Posted by Edge View Post
I guess try to think of it this way,we just recalled a 20 year old and a 22 year old to fill a hole. That in itself is a change.
this is true.

Old
03-06-2007, 05:01 PM
nyranger61494
YNWA

Quote:
Originally Posted by Richter35 View Post
but in that case, why dubinsky over jarko?
as Fish said, you need to call someone up or else you don't have a healthy scratch and additionally, this coaching staff has shown little/no faith in Immo competing at this level. Dubinsky is a bigger player and better replaces Hossa...

Old
03-06-2007, 05:14 PM
Ola

Quote:
Dubinsky has certainly played well, but what kind of message does it send to your young players when you refuse to call up the guy who's been the clear best player on the team? Callahan deserved this call up before anyone else did, and I'd have put Dawes ahead of Dubinsky on the list too.
I think thats kind of the issue, Callahan have been their best player. But I defenitly don't think its a given that he would be the best player in the NHL.

On many nights, and during long stretches, Callahan are kind of invisible offensvily down there, and more often then not doesn't really carry that team. Korpikoski though on some nights just takes HFD on his back and goes, and Dubinsky have probably done the biggest job for that team after Isbister.

I bet Callahan are dissapointed, but I don't think he gets confused or wonder what we are dooing. I am pretty sure everyone in HFD looks as Dubinsky as someone who are atleast contributing as much as Callahan.

I don't know what Renney's thoughts with Liffton are, but I hope its not to play him, but just to have him incase of injurys. Dave have struggled allot in HFD. I don't know, maybe he is the best fit in a clear stay at home& lift the puck out role next to Girardi who he got some chemistry with. But I personally think Baranka are a better option from all aspects. Baranka is a kid who haven't gotten a ton of chances from Renney, not in big games in preseason ect. Allot of other players have often gotten the nod over him. Though I think he is looking really good right now.

Ola is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
03-06-2007, 05:16 PM
Brian Boyle
portnor, pls

vCash: 659
Quote:
I was surprised to not see him among the 6 mentioned.

Brian Boyle is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
03-06-2007, 05:24 PM
Ola

I want to see either;
Dubinsky-Nyls-Jagr
Isbister-Straka-Avery

or
Isbister-Nyls-Jagr
Straka-Dubinsky-Avery

Dubi actually are pretty simular to Hossa in his game. He is big and really strong on the puck, can hold on to it and doesn't need help in the corners, he can both pass the puck and shoot ect.

Playing wing doesn't have to be a big adjustment for a center at all.

My bet is that he lines up next to Nyls and JJ! Its a long shot, but I think its the best option.

Ola is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
03-06-2007, 05:40 PM
nyranger61494
YNWA

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ola View Post
I want to see either;
Dubinsky-Nyls-Jagr
Isbister-Straka-Avery

or
Isbister-Nyls-Jagr
Straka-Dubinsky-Avery

Dubi actually are pretty simular to Hossa in his game. He is big and really strong on the puck, can hold on to it and doesn't need help in the corners, he can both pass the puck and shoot ect.

Playing wing doesn't have to be a big adjustment for a center at all.

My bet is that he lines up next to Nyls and JJ! Its a long shot, but I think its the best option.
Me too!

Old
03-06-2007, 05:57 PM
bubba5

I think they will put Avery on the Jags line with Nylander

bubba5 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
03-06-2007, 06:01 PM
kovalev27hf

pretty simple really if the rangers decided they needed a center instead of a wing they brought up dubinsky over callahan. maybe they aren't comfortable with straka at center right now because of the arm. if thats the case they bring up dubinsky to play center. no point in bringing up a wing if you WANT a center. and liffiton is nothing more than a precaution just in case someone gets hurt or can't go on thursday. you absolutely must have a 7th dman ready to go at this point in the year. but liffiton is pretty terrible so i wouldn't expect to see him in the lineup anytime soon

kovalev27hf is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
03-06-2007, 06:32 PM
BDubinskyNYR17*

Send a message via AIM to BDubinskyNYR17*
Quote:
Originally Posted by kovalev27hf View Post
pretty simple really if the rangers decided they needed a center instead of a wing they brought up dubinsky over callahan. maybe they aren't comfortable with straka at center right now because of the arm. if thats the case they bring up dubinsky to play center. no point in bringing up a wing if you WANT a center. and liffiton is nothing more than a precaution just in case someone gets hurt or can't go on thursday. you absolutely must have a 7th dman ready to go at this point in the year. but liffiton is pretty terrible so i wouldn't expect to see him in the lineup anytime soon

i guess they dont like immonen

BDubinskyNYR17* is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
03-06-2007, 06:55 PM
ATLANTARANGER*

I've liked Liffiton before we acquired him. Whenever I've seen him play he always marks his man well. Clears the crease and takes the body. Last year he was recalled when our D was a mess, almost the same again, and he was a bit unsteady. Let's hope he plays some and is more poised this time around. Thursday game is going to be a battle from start to finish so we need to have more grit and toughness in the lineup.

Dubi I think will fit in nicely in a game like this. The emphasis should again be on the forecheck. Bang the hell out of their D from the 1st to last shift. Crash the net and keep the shoots low to get the rebounds and penalties called.

ATLANTARANGER* is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
03-06-2007, 06:58 PM
ATLANTARANGER*

Quote:

Personally I doubt this is a last of the season move, probably just a chance to take a look at Brandon and then they can say going into next camp they saw him, Dawes and Cally.

Honestly I thought this was a Korpedo recall time. He fits more closely what Hossa brings and would be a natural choice to slot into the LW spot with Jagr and Nylander.

ATLANTARANGER* is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
03-06-2007, 07:08 PM
Janerixon

Quote:
Originally Posted by TheRedressor View Post
im hoping for:

Isbister-Nylander-Jagr
Prucha-Cullen-Ortmeyer
Avery-Dubinsky-Straka
Hollweg-Betts-Orr

Rozsival-Malik
Mara-Rachuneck
Girardi-Liffiton

LIFFITON MUST BE IN THERE OVER POCK FOR TOUGHNESS
those are pretty good lines, id twek them just a bit

avery-nylander-jagr
prucha-cullen-ortmeyer
isbister-dubinsky-straka
hollweg-betts-orr

as for liffiton, he may play over pock since the rangers were defintely lacking in hits in comparison to the islanders, but we will see, i expect he was just called up as a precaution if mara couldn't go

Janerixon is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
03-06-2007, 07:11 PM
Janerixon

Quote:
Originally Posted by AHall18NYR View Post
i guess they dont like immonen
immonen is a 2nd line center, with cullen playing excellent hockey, i assume the rangers called up dubinsky to play on the 3rd line where he can provide a physical presence which immonen can't

i don't think renney doesn't like immo, i just think he wants to add some size and physical play for this next game

i dont know if immo will be sent back to hartford or not, but i suspect if he sticks around and shanahan doesn't come back in the next week or two immo will get some time

Janerixon is offline   Reply With Quote