HFBoards

Go Back   HFBoards > NHL Eastern Conference > Metropolitan Division > New York Rangers
Mobile Hockey's Future Become a Sponsor Site Rules Support Forum vBookie Page 2
Notices

which rival do you hate the most

View Poll Results: Which rival do you hate the most?
Islanders 45 30.82%
Devils 75 51.37%
Flyers 21 14.38%
Bruins 1 0.68%
Penguins 4 2.74%
Voters: 146. You may not vote on this poll

Old
03-06-2007, 12:32 AM
MisterUnspoken
Vintage

vCash: 500
Send a message via AIM to MisterUnspoken
Flyers for me, can't stand them. I've hated them since 1997 more than any other team.

Plus I always kind of think of them as tough guys that always need to be smacked around.

Don't get me wrong I really hate the Isles also, but I respect the Devils (outside of Brodeur)

MisterUnspoken is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
03-06-2007, 01:02 AM
mucker*

It's tough to hate a team with no fans.
The Devils have won 3 cups recently and keep being a contender yet have no sellouts.

I got to go Isles, Flyers, then Devils.

What I find interesting is how few people said the B's.
If you'd done this poll 30, maybe 20 years ago they would have been spoken of a lot.
Isn't it too bad this orignal six rivalry is a dead one?
If PIT moves, I wonder if BOS comes into the division?
This is the only sport in which these towns are not enemies.

mucker* is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
03-06-2007, 01:25 AM
WheresBarnaby

It used to be the Isles growing up.

Now I'd rather get swept by them for an entire season, than lose one more time to the Devils. They are the only team I can't stand in the entire NHL.

WheresBarnaby is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
03-06-2007, 01:42 AM
Lundqvist=Vezina
Legendary

Send a message via AIM to Lundqvist=Vezina
I hate the Islanders because I am a Rangers Fan. I hate the Devils because I am human.

Lundqvist=Vezina is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
03-06-2007, 02:14 AM
Geogaddi

The Islanders for me.

Isles

Flyers
Devils

Pens
Bruins

Geogaddi is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
03-06-2007, 02:16 AM
dkich96

i hate every team we play!!!!

dkich96 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
03-06-2007, 02:18 AM
eco's bones

I went with the Islanders. Right now I might hate the Sabres more than any other team though. Blacking out our games upstate when Empire was still running--now all of a sudden they've co-opted our channel. What is with that? The Sabres on MSG instead of the Rangers on the same night. Not to mention the terrible homer announcers they have. The devils, flyers and Penguins though--there is no love for any of them.

eco's bones is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
03-06-2007, 02:20 AM
Block More Shots

Easily the Devils

Block More Shots is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
03-06-2007, 08:19 AM
GarretJoseph*

Changes between the Devils & Fishsticks.

I hate the Flyers though too.

I don't mind Boston that much. Maybe its because they havent been good lately & I feel bad for them making such a bone head move in dealing Joe T.

GarretJoseph* is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
03-06-2007, 08:21 AM
Henrique

Rangers.

Henrique is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
03-06-2007, 08:46 AM
Kostik

Flyers, but since Clark is gone i think i will switch to islanders.

Kostik is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
03-06-2007, 08:57 AM
SML

You know who's gaining fast on my hate parade? Buffalo. Not only do they have some really obnoxious posters here, constantly rubbing noses in it, but they have the most annoying broadcast crew. When you add that we upstaters are consistantly subjected to seeing the Sabres play on MSG NETWORK while the Rangers are on the radio, it really makes me dislike them alot. However, the team itself is kind of entertaining to watch.

SML is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
03-06-2007, 11:13 AM
True Blue Bleed Blue

Always been Philly.

True Blue Bleed Blue is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
03-06-2007, 11:23 AM
RangersFan

Send a message via AIM to RangersFan Send a message via MSN to RangersFan
Isles will always be enemy #1, but considering the last decade of domination, the Devils probably have asserted themselves at the top in many minds of Ranger fans of recent years.

RangersFan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
03-06-2007, 11:29 AM
Tomas Sandstrom 28

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lundqvist=Vezina View Post
I hate the Islanders because I am a Rangers Fan. I hate the Devils because I am human.
lol best answer yet!

for me its 1 islanders 2 flyers 3 devils

I went to school outside of philly and if you had asked me that question then i would have certainly said flyers due to having to deal with all the ridiculous philly fans and propoganda

though i guess the only real answer to this question is i really hate them all, whichever one we're playing

Tomas Sandstrom 28 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
03-06-2007, 11:33 AM
ECL
Very slippery slope

Send a message via AIM to ECL
Quote:
Originally Posted by True Blue Bleed Blue View Post
Always been Philly.
I think Philly, most definitely, has the most annoying, clueless fans of any team we play on a regular basis. I can't stand that team simply because of the fanbase. And that's besides the fact that they play some of the dirtiest hockey around.

ECL is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
03-06-2007, 01:31 PM
KreiMeARiver*
Have Confidence

Quote:
Originally Posted by g52 View Post
In the game its the Isles. Devils fans are the most annoying though.
Agreed. I've almost come to blows many times with my friends. I miss the Richter vs. Brodeur arguements.

KreiMeARiver* is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
03-06-2007, 02:09 PM
ban16*

I am shocked by the results. I thought it would be 100% Islanders. I grew up on Long Island, suffered through the good Islanders teams, and have a hatred so deep I cant stand them and their fans.

ban16* is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
03-06-2007, 02:13 PM
bleedrngrblue

The Filthy Friggen Flyers......hands down! they've been tormenting the Rangers for all of my life basically. As much as i dislike the Islanders, I'll take them over the Flyers ANY day!

bleedrngrblue is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
03-06-2007, 02:16 PM
bcrt2000

Devils. Ever since we beat them in '94 they have been giving us hell. And the fact that they are the least penalized team burns me up even more.

bcrt2000 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
03-06-2007, 06:08 PM
NYRaNgErS99112

Send a message via AIM to NYRaNgErS99112
Quote:
Originally Posted by Nich View Post
answer the question!!!
I'd say it's a wash between the Islanders and the Devils. I think that I hate the Devils more because of their recent sucess (I wasn't around to see the glory days of the Islanders). Then comes the Flyers. Penguins...I dont really hate them that much, but i can't stand Sidney Crosby.

NYRaNgErS99112 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
03-06-2007, 06:40 PM
The Amity Affliction
Best In The World

Quote:
Originally Posted by SML View Post
I hate them all. I hate the Bruins the least. I hate the Penguins because they are the welfare cheats of the NHL, not because of how they play. It's like the dude rolling up in front of you with a shoppingcart full of lobster at the grocery store and busting out the foodstamps to pay for it while you're standing there with a fist full of coupons so you can afford a steak. Can't stand them and hope to God they move out of our conference. I hate the Devils the most, I love playing the Flyers because it's always a nasty game, but I hate them. The Isles, they have been bad enough, at least as bad as we are, for long enough that I would hate them the least of the area teams.
Thank you, and they will be, because the arena talks have come to an impasse.

That, and they have one of the biggest fair-weather fanbases in the NHL, which makes it all the more annoying that 3 young studs in Crosby, Malkin, and Staal were handed to them because of Lemieux's "back-door" relationship with Bettman.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Balej20 View Post
Devils far and away. Just because of the annoying way they play and how they seem to "Cheat" in many ways, whether it be in the game or with the salary cap. Such a pain in the ass team.

Plus, the Islanders just haven't been good enough lately to hate.
Yeah, Lou can cheat the NHL, but no one else can, and the refs call to their reputation of not taking penalties, when they hooked, clutched, and grabbed through the neutral zone like no other, and still do.

Overall, I hate the Devils more than any other team because of those reasons. I also hate it because they killed the game with their boring trap hockey.

The Flyers are right behind them because they've always had a few dirty players over the years, and hearing injury excuses as to why they didn't win the cup year after year gets annoying.

The Penguins annoy me because as I've stated before, the fans abandoned the team for all of those years, and only come out when the team is good. Having an old arena is NO EXCUSE for not going to see your team. Oh yeah, and waiting for the 13th hour to give a damn about the team doesn't help either.

The Islanders are right behind them, being that I can't hate a NY team more than a Penn or Jersey team more than an NY team. We have a great rivalvry with them, and although some of their fans are just bleh, most of them are cool people. I have a lot of friends of mine that are Islander fans, including a few that post on the Isles board.

The Bruins... I don't hate the Bruins, I actually like them, and always have. The Rangers/Bruins rivalry just hasn't been the same. There have been a lot of Bruins over the years that I like/respect. Cam Neely and Ray Bourque are two of my all time favorites. Joe Thornton is one of my favorite active players, and I loved him as a Bruin. Phil Kessel is a player I like a lot, and have a lot of respect for, especially with what he's gone through this season.

The Amity Affliction is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
03-06-2007, 06:53 PM
Garv23

Quote:
Originally Posted by GretzNYR99 View Post
The Bruins... I don't hate the Bruins, I actually like them, and always have.
You know, I feel the same. Since the 90's I've actually cheered for them when it didn't involve the Rangers. I can't stand baseball anymore so the Yanks/Sox rivalry means nothing to me. Maybe that's why.

As far as the others go, I hate every ****** team not wearing Ranger blue!

Garv23 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
03-06-2007, 07:00 PM
Hipster Doofus

isles fan here, im shocked we are not the unanimous #1. i hate the rangers outa tradition but i hate teh phillys cuz i hate teh city of philadelphia. if i had teh power to destrot one city in teh us it would be philadelphia. fans are the biggest jerks in the sports world.
as far as why i dont have such a deap seeded hate for the rnagers, for one im to young to have seen a playoff series between the two. which is why i need you guys to make the playoffs but still leave soem points for us. together we can achieve teh master plan, a eastern conference final rags vs. isles

Hipster Doofus is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
03-06-2007, 07:02 PM
NYRMatt

Islanders.

NYRMatt is offline   Reply With Quote