HFBoards

Go Back   HFBoards > Fantasy Hockey Talk > General Fantasy Talk
Mobile Hockey's Future Become a Sponsor Site Rules Support Forum vBookie Page 2
General Fantasy Talk Forum for fantasy leagues, mock and all time drafts, and hockey video games.

PowerPlayManager.com #12 - Basketball Beta Starts Monday!

Closed Thread

Old
04-23-2014, 08:12 PM
tescosamoa

vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Cory View Post
Probably won't change your mind, but I think his article stated his sponsorship offers in general brought him $40 million, not just his general sponsor. I make over $20 million/week from combined offers and I'm in D3.
I get 14m a week D2.

Bulls you posted that to II.4 , maybe let your league know as it does not affect us at all. Plus you have been consistently negative for ages. If the game brings frustration then move on as there are other games to timesuck and enjoy.

Old
04-23-2014, 08:16 PM
canucks357

Quote:
Originally Posted by Obryantj View Post
I was typing mine up when you posted. I probably spent a bit too much time looking up the stats at the bottom of my post.
Funny, I looked and say the 17min delay between my post and yours or whatever it was. You a one-finger typer? Jokes man. No worries. I hope the teams map as they do. It is a) favourable for me and b) doesn't really have any CAN/USA head-to-head matchups.

#####

I just wrote a script that will show you the final score of any handball game once the game is generated (typically with 60min to game time). It is written in MATLAB and basically just requires pasting the source code into a text file and running a batch file. You'd need java and MATLAB on your computer to run it though. Just if anyone is interested and uses this largely academic language which is the basis of the existence let me know and I'd be happy to share.

Old
04-23-2014, 08:45 PM
Steve Shutt
Don't Poke the Bear

Quote:
Originally Posted by idiroft View Post
YES!

Goalie upgraded. Going from a 580/290/290 to a 780/390/390
Nice - what he cost you? Do you have a link?

Old
04-23-2014, 08:45 PM
Bulls4ever

Ive been negative because changes in the game have not been positive. Only positive change was the change on game intensity effects if team loses playing low or very low.

you have been not affected. Well, perhaps because you never tried to message every single new manager, give them advice, try to get them to stick with the game and watch them fold because they get bored and frustrated there is no way they can compete. From the 100s of managers i tried to help and motivate in the past, only one plays still.

If you ever try to help new managers and watch the frustrations of having them folding you would know where i am coming from

we are a small group of hardcore players. it feels like a "premium" selected group where nobody is allowed to join ...

For me, id like new teams coming and challenge me.

the whole draft idea was to help lower teams but at end it was just a way for ppm to make money.. Again, I am all for them to find ways to make money, but they need to look ways to make game more competitive.

If one dont complain or voice his opinion, nothing will ever change

Quote:
Originally Posted by tescosamoa View Post
I get 14m a week D2.

Bulls you posted that to II.4 , maybe let your league know as it does not affect us at all. Plus you have been consistently negative for ages. If the game brings frustration then move on as there are other games to timesuck and enjoy.

Old
04-23-2014, 08:47 PM
Bulls4ever

funny you mentioned MATLAB. I had a job interview where it would be nice if candidate knew matlab. it happens i used it 20 years ago!!! dont even know how to code on it anymore.

Quote:
Originally Posted by canucks357 View Post
Funny, I looked and say the 17min delay between my post and yours or whatever it was. You a one-finger typer? Jokes man. No worries. I hope the teams map as they do. It is a) favourable for me and b) doesn't really have any CAN/USA head-to-head matchups.

#####

I just wrote a script that will show you the final score of any handball game once the game is generated (typically with 60min to game time). It is written in MATLAB and basically just requires pasting the source code into a text file and running a batch file. You'd need java and MATLAB on your computer to run it though. Just if anyone is interested and uses this largely academic language which is the basis of the existence let me know and I'd be happy to share.

Old
04-23-2014, 09:52 PM
Bulls4ever

Maybe i should go to D4 play and beat ghosts as I earn 14M/week from combined.
so lets say it is 40M combined a week.

40*16 = 640M/season
14*16 = 224M/season

so only from sponsors there is a difference of 416M. that is almost 2 full seasons of my current revenue. In short, every season I play I am 3 seasons behind ...

then tell me, is there any possible way to compete when each year things gets worse and worse?

So now comparing your team, 20*16 = 320M/season, that is one full season ahead of you every season we play.

So no matter how long you stay in D3 earning OTR and thus more money, you would never reach him (or pass) unless he quits.

and now let compare with new teams coming in earning 5M/week or so...
one season they play they are behind 8 seasons!!

nothing wrong d1 teams (and top teams) earn more but the difference shouldn't be that high. 10-15% tops

Quote:
Originally Posted by Cory View Post
Probably won't change your mind, but I think his article stated his sponsorship offers in general brought him $40 million, not just his general sponsor. I make over $20 million/week from combined offers and I'm in D3.

Old
04-23-2014, 10:15 PM
canucks357

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bulls4ever View Post
funny you mentioned MATLAB. I had a job interview where it would be nice if candidate knew matlab. it happens i used it 20 years ago!!! dont even know how to code on it anymore.
It is all I do anymore! Haha. This past semester I coded up a 15,000 line simulation program based in MATLAB.

##########

Sponsor offers for handball are in and they don't look good. I'm up 1M per week going from 2nd in II.3 to 7th in I.1. I'm still on the poor train.

Old
04-23-2014, 10:17 PM
Bulls4ever

Would you recommend a sports management game where all teams in any given league are given fair chance to compete sir?

Quote:
I get 14m a week D2.

Old
04-23-2014, 10:18 PM
Bulls4ever

are you in college? I used in in college. that was a longggg time ago
Matlab was version 4 or 5. dont recall it.

Quote:
Originally Posted by canucks357 View Post
It is all I do anymore! Haha. This past semester I coded up a 15,000 line simulation program based in MATLAB.

##########

Sponsor offers for handball are in and they don't look good. I'm up 1M per week going from 2nd in II.3 to 7th in I.1. I'm still on the poor train.

Old
04-23-2014, 10:24 PM
Bulls4ever

My general Offer wasnt bad. 20M more on a 2 star. Last season i accepted a 5 star.

My media 3 star offer was 40M more than past season when i accepted a 4 star. It is about what i was expecting for Media. Sum both and they are 250M offers. The value i was hoping for.

So i see a potential for 270M combined offer

about 1.3M more per week on general and 2.5M more on media.

will reject both.

Old
04-23-2014, 10:41 PM
Bulls4ever

and btw, another easier way to help new managers is to pro rate the facilites on cost and time to build.

so lets say a manager starts handball on season 4.
get the country average spending on facilities.. for example i spent 417M on facilities.

get total needed to build ALL facilities. total needed: 2,581M

get the percentage : 16%
so all facilities for those new managers will cost 16%
do the same for time to build them and reduce the time for each level.

This would take care of allowing new managers to compete as far as building facilities faster and quickly catch up with the ones that started on season 1.

For starting players. get the level average and create players that have similar OR and quality and age. so they star already with a good team.

there are many ways to go to help it become more competitive and fun for all .... not just fun for a few selected hardcore group of players.

the more fun, the more people will pay and pay. the more they earn, better features then can make us and quicker than can develop new sports.

but whatever, i guess i should think on myself and not care about everyone else that quits because ...

Old
04-23-2014, 10:43 PM
tescosamoa

Crap I am 6 spots back and the difference is 100m.

Old
04-23-2014, 11:06 PM
camrawrn

I'm at 190 mil combined, with potential for probably 210ish if I don't get a two star general offer.

Also, my hockey team makes about 25 mil per week, and that's after a completely dreadful season in I.1 last year. I started in season 8. Currently in DII. Use that information how you will.

Honestly, I don't think I've had a season that wasn't competitive in hockey. Sure, I haven't been able to beat the top dogs in the U.S., but I can at least challenge 99% of the teams right now. If I wasn't currently finishing off my facilities, I could buy some higher level players and at least put up a fight against teams like the Psychos or the Razorback Thugs.

I dunno, maybe my idea of competitiveness is different than everybody else. But I don't think the money difference will be a big deal once the late start teams max out facilities and arenas.

Old
04-23-2014, 11:10 PM
Bulls4ever

and i think its wrong. by season 6 if it keeps that way i would be so more rich than you that it would be near impossible for you to catch up.

and we are talking about a difference in the same league. imagine how much worse it is compared to those on d2 or d3 ...

you complain i am negative too much recently. you should be happy i am vocal, because many people wont vocal and will just quit. Im trying to prevent this to happen

just take a look at a message of someone that didnt even read my complains ...

"I don't even believe this s*** bro like I don't understand why I'm still playing this game I don't know why I haven't quit yet it's just full of so much ******** and since when does 6-0 do better than 5-1against balanced? Jesus christ this game is out to get me. Didnt even ****ing give me a warningfor the first match except that day. Thats pretty ****ed up. ...!"

we already lost a veteran manager on handball. Maybe i just care too much ....

Quote:

Old
04-23-2014, 11:54 PM
Bulls4ever

my soccer is almost maxed out and still far from D1 teams income.
And my point is: it should not take 3 real life years for one to catch up. Normal Joes will never wait that long and in order to compete against other countries we need normal Joes.

yeah, i could sit on D4 for 2 real life years and have nice competition. But are we playing to compete in one fixed league for several seasons against basically the same teams or should we look to advance and promote and play different teams?

If I talk the same language as you then yes, i bought several 30yo CL 11/6 or 2/6 that dont needed to be trained and did pretty well as playoff team 2 seasons in a row. But then during playoffs being smashed

If all i can afford is to buy 30yo players at the end of their careers, then what is the point/need to build facilities, regeneration and SA ?

oh you will say that when they are ready i can start build .. ok, so it takes me 3 real life years to finish them so i can start to try my luck to pull quality 15 year old players. then i have to train them and wait probably 10 seasons before i can maybe play them. That is another 3+ real life years..

I say maybe cause there will always be 30yo with much higher OR and since the others team already have their maxed facilities they will have much more quality players in their roster.

so back to the 10 seasons to train .. After 6 real life years to build the players and ready to play i will watch people "stealing" from me from free agency.

So my point is: is take an insane amount of real life time to build and be competitive for those who didnt start on season 1.

My idea of competition is a new team come and not have to spend 6 years to catch up with top teams. Only super hardcore players will do it.
you are what? on your 3rd year?

Quote:
Originally Posted by camrawrn View Post
I'm at 190 mil combined, with potential for probably 210ish if I don't get a two star general offer.

Also, my hockey team makes about 25 mil per week, and that's after a completely dreadful season in I.1 last year. I started in season 8. Currently in DII. Use that information how you will.

Honestly, I don't think I've had a season that wasn't competitive in hockey. Sure, I haven't been able to beat the top dogs in the U.S., but I can at least challenge 99% of the teams right now. If I wasn't currently finishing off my facilities, I could buy some higher level players and at least put up a fight against teams like the Psychos or the Razorback Thugs.

I dunno, maybe my idea of competitiveness is different than everybody else. But I don't think the money difference will be a big deal once the late start teams max out facilities and arenas.

Old
04-24-2014, 12:11 AM
Bulls4ever

yeah, but part of the reason was your own decision. I got 60M offer from media because i spent on arena instead of facilities as you did. so that is probably a 50M-60M difference "only".

Last season you said it was 40M difference so, didnt change "much"

Quote:

Old
04-24-2014, 12:37 AM
Bulls4ever

I got a 193M General offer.

so moving to the next: pay for winning
it offered 151m plus 1.2m per win. base difference is 42M .Using the calculator we learn it requires 35 wins. i won 39 this season, is it worth the risk to earn 5M more? hell no.

By position it would pay off big time if i choose 1st and get it right, although it would require meeting the requirements twice to break even. choosing 7th breaks if i meet 3x.

I will probably go the regular way.

Last edited by Bulls4ever: 04-24-2014 at 03:17 AM.
Old
04-24-2014, 07:04 AM
tescosamoa

I am happy with where I am competing in hockey and soccer. 1y4m's into the game and I am at a level now where I can play against the mid tiered D2 teams and occasionally beat the top tiered D2 teams. This will change in time as my goals change to start competing and beating the top tiered D2 teams / lower tiered D1 teams. Does this take time. Yes it does and that is PPM. I do not compete against the D1 teams at this time and nor should I be able to compete against them. The international teams are at another level and many years off.

My only complaints are the finances. I think the GS should be grand total for the league and then each position gets a percentage of the total and it drops by 2% per position. Then add in a max of 10% for HR, Staff and OTR. Then take that total and have the +/-5% for the offers. This should be an equal starting number across every country.

Media should be equal for every team in the division and then add in the max of 10% bonus for seats and staff and the +/-5% for the offers. This again should be set equal for every country.

Then for the lower divisions you use the values available to the last placed team and knock 10-20% off as the starting value for the GS and something similar for media.

Then you add in additional cups to play for
1-2 division cup
3-4 division cup
5+ division cup
Another international cup for 5-8th placed I.1 teams.
Have the winner and runner up from the CL , CWC , SLC from each area in the world advance to play in their respective final tournaments.

Have one off games such as 1st place Division vs who wins the playoffs for that division to kick off the season.
Make these extra tournament games worth more in experience , ticket prices, souvenir sales and offer payout bonuses for what place you finish like they have for the leagues.

Or something like that. It adds in more meaningful games throughout the season, brings sponsorship money to a more even level and allows teams to benefit from a within system and/or compete to gain more money. This would really play well with the energy levels as each team would have to really plan out their goals for the season.

But we talk about finances every few months here and then try not to think about it too much.

Old
04-24-2014, 07:30 AM
Cory
Hockeytown

Quote:
Originally Posted by camrawrn View Post

That's been my plan the whole time. I shouldn't be able to come in late and make as much as the big boys. But there are two things I share with them: time, and the ability to build my arena and facilities to the exact same level. I've completed my arena in hockey this season, and the income boost has been amazing. I've been using that to build my facilities. My infrastructure will be on par with tier 1 teams in about 2 seasons. That's when the fun really starts.

My only hope is that people are patient as I do something similar with the US national hockey team, albeit on a much smaller scale. The new kids I've added to the roster will be able to replace at least 1/3 of the current starters within the next season or two. We may be able to see a much larger shift down the road. I'm trying to build a team that can challenge to promote to the top division, but it won't happen overnight.

Scott, I'll see if I can get together a national announcement for you regarding US hockey jersey contest and bids for world championship tournament hosting by sometime tomorrow. Hope that will catch you before you go dark for awhile.

Old
04-24-2014, 07:45 AM
tujague

Quote:
Originally Posted by Obryantj View Post
My soccer team lost 0-2 today in the ChL against tujague, but we'll advance to the next round. I haven't looked at who I'll play next round, but all of the games are difficult at this point. The league has been a bit disappointing as I'm sitting 9 points behind the Coronas despite dominating some of the individual categories (1st in assists, 1st in clean sheets, 1st and 2nd in goals). I'll be looking to move some players soon and bring in some more impact players.
Dude, I'm so glad you advanced in the ChL. I've made it pretty clear that I wasn't going to try after that first game went so bad. Then yesterday I turn on the game and I'm up 2-0 right before half. I'm thinking 'Oh ****! I'm going to win 5-0 and Obryantj is going to think I'm a ****ing liar.' I'd hate to be thought of as a liar. But I had to leave again almost immediately, so I didn't get the results until around midnight. I checked here before getting on PPM and I see a rare post from you. Of course I assumed you were here to explode on me

Do you need me to burn energy against the Coronas? I wasn't going to since he's so far ahead, but if you think the schedule could work in your favor, I'd give it a go.

Quote:
But we talk about finances every few months here and then try not to think about it too much.
Ain't that the truth I've tried to find some way to make the money work for a long time. Almost since I started. It will never work the way I want it to work as long as they keep rewarding the top teams with huge money. In my opinion, you need to punish the top teams. It should be hard to get on top and even harder to stay on top. No one agrees with me.

Old
04-24-2014, 07:49 AM
tescosamoa

Quote:
yeah, but part of the reason was your own decision. I got 60M offer from media because i spent on arena instead of facilities as you did. so that is probably a 50M-60M difference "only".

Last season you said it was 40M difference so, didnt change "much"
The only reason why you have the media and stands is because you were lucky to pull good players from the get go on a consistent basis. This SA afforded you better OTR , better players, better bonus money and better Sponsorship. This gave you the choice of 2 out of 3 on Stands , Facilities or Players and be able to compete. My choices were stands or compete with facilities or players.

Old
04-24-2014, 07:57 AM
tujague

Oops. I forgot to post Handball sponsors.
3200 seats
17% Marketing
3rd place in the playoffs of II

Media--
Current *****
Contract worth: 8,569,120
Weekly donation: 535,570

First offer ***
Contract worth: 20,330,544
Weekly donation: 1,270,659

General--
Current ****
Contract worth: 96,985,056
Weekly donation: 6,061,566

First Regular ***
Contract worth: 121,862,576
Weekly donation: 7,616,411

First Win Bonus *
Contract worth: 89,870,240
Weekly donation: 5,616,890
Bonus for each win in the league: 702,111
That's +25.2M if I win the same amount of games (32) that I won this season. 115M total.

First Ranking Bonus ***
Contract worth: 109,348,608
Weekly donation: 6,834,288
Bonus for league ranking 3: 4,049,949
Assume I hit that all 5 times (won't happen), I make 129M.

Old
04-24-2014, 08:25 AM
suprvilce

50 OTR more than previous season
HR one level higher
marketing 46% from 29% last season
12th place in I.1, last season 1st in II.3

General sponsor 2* 128M

If i'll be lucky and get a 5* offer i might get the same as this season (141M 5*). So much for for the iniciative "how wonderful it is to promote" the PPM is trying to shove down our throats.

I don't regret going VL in hockey finals and P/R and losing those games to ensure i don't promote. Not for one bit.

Old
04-24-2014, 08:33 AM
canucks357

Quote:
are you in college? I used in in college. that was a longggg time ago
Matlab was version 4 or 5. dont recall it.
I'm doing my PhD (Physics).

Quote:
Originally Posted by tujague View Post
General--
Current ****
Contract worth: 96,985,056
Weekly donation: 6,061,566

First Regular ***
Contract worth: 121,862,576
Weekly donation: 7,616,411
You're in nearly an identical boat to me. Went from 6-->7.5M/week and would have to win 32 games to make T2 work and make 7th 4/5 times to make T3 work. ****** raise. Very very ****** raise.

Old
04-24-2014, 11:14 AM
camrawrn

Haha, I put a soccer player on the market last Wednesday for 5 mil, and he didn't sell. Put him on the market for 10k this Wednesday, and he sold for 8.5 mil. Funny how that works.

Closed Thread