HFBoards

Go Back   HFBoards > NHL Eastern Conference > Metropolitan Division > New Jersey Devils
Mobile Hockey's Future Become a Sponsor Site Rules Support Forum vBookie Page 2
Notices

Miles Wood

Old
04-23-2014, 11:58 AM
AfroThunder396
Certified G

vCash: 1670
I'm still extremely tentative about both Wood and Kuja.

I'm just happy that what I thought was going to be a throw-away pick might actually have potential. I never even expected this guy to even get to the pro level to be honest. For him to be talked about as a top-tier recruit at one of the best college programs in the country is a wonderful surprise.

AfroThunder396 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
04-23-2014, 01:50 PM
MichaelJ

vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Ronnie Bass View Post
I think Wood will be projected as a top six forward.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Ronnie Bass View Post
This offseason? I don't think Wood will be ready for 2-3 years after this season, I expect him to play at least two seasons at BC before he signs a pro contract and then he will most likely spend time in Albany.
He won't be. But if Lou adds players this offseason (who are under the age of 35) I'd expect them to be with the team for 3-5 years.

MichaelJ is online now   Reply With Quote
Old
04-23-2014, 11:15 PM
The Great Dame
DSevs

Out of our current forward prospects not at the pro level, Wood, Thomson, and Black are the guys I am most excited by.

I think Kujawinski's got a long way to go.

The Great Dame is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
04-23-2014, 11:20 PM
Roomtemperature

vCash: 923
Quote:
Originally Posted by The Great Dame View Post

I want him to do well because he's got a Polish last name and shares a birthday with me.

Roomtemperature is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
04-23-2014, 11:24 PM
MadDevil

Quote:
Originally Posted by Roomtemperature View Post
I want him to do well because he's got a Polish last name and shares a birthday with me.
I just wanna hear Dano try to pronounce his name during a broadcast.

MadDevil is online now   Reply With Quote
Old
04-24-2014, 12:01 AM
Hockey Sports Fan
:panic:

Send a message via AIM to Hockey Sports Fan
Quote:
Originally Posted by Devils Dominion View Post
Aside from Boucher,

Black, Pietila and Coleman intrigue me but none are viewed as scoring forwards.

Bell could be the sleeper forward out of recent drafts.
Coleman is very likely a bottom-6 guy but I'd still look at him as a "scorer" per sť. He tied Barber for the team lead in goals and in 11 less games. If he's going to make the NHL, it's going to be because of his offense more than his work-ethic/defensive play, which is likely matched by tons of guys in our system right now.

Hockey Sports Fan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
04-24-2014, 08:14 AM
Devils Dominion
DraftPicks 4 Castron

Quote:
Originally Posted by Eggers View Post
Coleman is very likely a bottom-6 guy but I'd still look at him as a "scorer" per sť. He tied Barber for the team lead in goals and in 11 less games. If he's going to make the NHL, it's going to be because of his offense more than his work-ethic/defensive play, which is likely matched by tons of guys in our system right now.
I really like the way Coleman plays the game.
We could use players with an edge and skill.

Look at Dallas line of Eakin-Garbud-Roussel and how effective they have been this series.

Devils Dominion is online now   Reply With Quote
Old
04-24-2014, 08:15 AM
Devils Dominion
DraftPicks 4 Castron

Quote:
Originally Posted by Roomtemperature View Post
Attendance would get a boost from communities like Wallington, Garfield and Linden too.

Devils Dominion is online now   Reply With Quote
Old
04-24-2014, 09:54 AM
CerebralGenesis

I don't expect much of anything from kuja. He has shown flashes but I'm meh on the total package.

CerebralGenesis is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
04-24-2014, 10:22 AM
devilsblood

Quote:
Originally Posted by CerebralGenesis View Post
I don't expect much of anything from kuja. He has shown flashes but I'm meh on the total package.
Yeah same. Inconsistency has been a knock, throw injury into the mix this year? Very meh. Hope he can bounce back next year(still in jr's yeah?).

More hyped about Wood's right now.

devilsblood is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
04-24-2014, 10:33 AM
HobokenIrish

Quote:
Originally Posted by The Great Dame View Post
Out of our current forward prospects not at the pro level, Wood, Thomson, and Black are the guys I am most excited by.

I also have high hopes for Severson

HobokenIrish is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
04-24-2014, 10:46 AM
devilsblood

Quote:
Originally Posted by HobokenIrish View Post
I also have high hopes for Severson
ya, most guys are pretty stoked about Severson. Prob our highest rated pure prospect.

Old
04-24-2014, 11:31 AM
MartyOwns
NYRB!!!2013********33333

Quote:
wait is it Coleman or Goldman?

MartyOwns is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
04-24-2014, 05:55 PM
HobokenIrish

Quote:
Originally Posted by MartyOwns View Post
wait is it Coleman or Goldman?
Coldeman

Oh yes... Coldeman. The "d" is silent in America. It's Cole D'Isle au Man, or Cole of the Isle of Man, in France, where Armand's chateau is, Cold-e-man in Greece where Armand's work is, and finally the vulgar Coleman in Florida where Armand's home is, so actually, we don't know where we are until we hear our last name pronounced! Ahahahahahahaaaaa!

HobokenIrish is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
04-25-2014, 11:18 AM
MartyOwns
NYRB!!!2013********33333

Quote:
Originally Posted by HobokenIrish View Post
Coldeman

Oh yes... Coldeman. The "d" is silent in America. It's Cole D'Isle au Man, or Cole of the Isle of Man, in France, where Armand's chateau is, Cold-e-man in Greece where Armand's work is, and finally the vulgar Coleman in Florida where Armand's home is, so actually, we don't know where we are until we hear our last name pronounced! Ahahahahahahaaaaa!
Albert, you pierced the toast. so what?

MartyOwns is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
04-29-2014, 12:19 PM
MichaelJ

Miles Wood

I apologize if this needs to be rolled into the draft thread or the existing Wood thread.

After being picked as a relative unknown and then busting on the scene this year, where do you think he'd be ranked/drafted this year if he was eligible?

Old
04-29-2014, 04:04 PM
Hockey Sports Fan
:panic:

Send a message via AIM to Hockey Sports Fan
Quote:
Originally Posted by MichaelJ View Post
I apologize if this needs to be rolled into the draft thread or the existing Wood thread.

After being picked as a relative unknown and then busting on the scene this year, where do you think he'd be ranked/drafted this year if he was eligible?
6'2" and 195lb playmaking forward with great skating but without much track record of production, could go anywhere between rounds 2 and 4 I think, depending on if anyone really likes him.

Hockey Sports Fan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
04-29-2014, 04:10 PM
MichaelJ

Quote:
6'2" and 195lb playmaking forward with great skating but without much track record of production, could go anywhere between rounds 2 and 4 I think, depending on if anyone really likes him.
Since we got a potential 2nd round steal in a previous 4th round (where hardly any NHL players are usually found), I wouldn't be opposed to dealing #41 if the return was worth it.

Old
04-29-2014, 07:12 PM
Aethon
12 Axes

I wouldn't be discouraged by Kujawinski. He is VERY young. He just turned 19 less than one month ago. So his 41 points in 45 games is his 18 year old season.

This is a 6'2 205 18(just turned 19) year old with skill and speed that is supposedly plagued by inconsistency... inconsistency by its very nature means there is something good there sometimes and that is better than having no skill.

I would reserve judgement on Kujawinski until his 19 year old season.

Aethon is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
04-30-2014, 09:41 AM
devilsblood

Quote:
Originally Posted by JimEIV View Post
I wouldn't be discouraged by Kujawinski. He is VERY young. He just turned 19 less than one month ago. So his 41 points in 45 games is his 18 year old season.

This is a 6'2 205 18(just turned 19) year old with skill and speed that is supposedly plagued by inconsistency... inconsistency by its very nature means there is something good there sometimes and that is better than having no skill.

I would reserve judgement on Kujawinski until his 19 year old season.
By no means am I writing him off. But at the moment, the stoke factor is not very high. Conversely, as you point out, he did produce when he played, so it's not like he's been terrible. We are in a holding pattern of sorts in regards to evaluating Kujawinski.

Old
04-30-2014, 11:48 AM
MichaelJ

Quote:
Originally Posted by devilsblood View Post
By no means am I writing him off. But at the moment, the stoke factor is not very high. Conversely, as you point out, he did produce when he played, so it's not like he's been terrible. We are in a holding pattern of sorts in regards to evaluating Kujawinski.
I think given 2-3 more years he'll be about 6'2" 215 and ready to step into a 4th line role with middle6 upside. The kid just needs time.

Old
04-30-2014, 12:32 PM
Aethon
12 Axes

Kujawinski seems to me one of those guys who if his offense never becomes consistent, he still can become that big 3rd line type of center that can play up in a pinch but be more of a strong bottom 6 player.

In most of the scouting reports I've seen they mention he is good defensively. If his inconsistency lies ONLY with his offensive capabilities but he can still play solid game that is still a very useful player. That kind of is your prototypical 3rd line center. Win faceoffs, use your big body, play a solid game...I would be happy if we got a Chris Gratton type player out of the 3rd round.

Aethon is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
04-30-2014, 01:37 PM
MichaelJ

Quote:
Originally Posted by jimeiv View Post
kujawinski seems to me one of those guys who if his offense never becomes consistent, he still can become that big 3rd line type of center that can play up in a pinch but be more of a strong bottom 6 player.

In most of the scouting reports i've seen they mention he is good defensively. If his inconsistency lies only with his offensive capabilities but he can still play solid game that is still a very useful player. That kind of is your prototypical 3rd line center. Win faceoffs, use your big body, play a solid game...i would be happy if we got a chris gratton type player out of the 3rd round.
this