HFBoards

Go Back   HFBoards > NHL Eastern Conference > Atlantic Division > Buffalo Sabres
Mobile Hockey's Future Become a Sponsor Site Rules Support Forum vBookie Page 2
Notices

When are NHL Draft tickets available?

Old
04-23-2014, 09:47 AM
SabresFuture

vCash: 500
When are NHL Draft tickets available?

I've never been able to go to the draft but Philadelphia is not too far and with us picking in the top 3, I would love to make the trip. How and when are tickets usually allocated?

SabresFuture is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
04-23-2014, 09:51 AM
TakeThatTootoo
Gare's "Partner"

Quote:
Originally Posted by SabresFuture View Post
I've never been able to go to the draft but Philadelphia is not too far and with us picking in the top 3, I would love to make the trip. How and when are tickets usually allocated?
Normally they aren't available to the general public. You will have better luck asking a Flyers STH to see if they have any pre-sale/available to them.

TakeThatTootoo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
04-23-2014, 10:14 AM
LaxSabre

vCash: 264
To be the first to know when tickets become available for the 2014 NHL Draft in Philadelphia on June 27 and June 28, fill out the form below. (LaxSabre - click on the link below for the form)

http://flyers.nhl.com/club/page.htm?id=96541

LaxSabre is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
04-23-2014, 10:32 AM
SabresFuture

Quote:
Originally Posted by LaxSabre View Post
To be the first to know when tickets become available for the 2014 NHL Draft in Philadelphia on June 27 and June 28, fill out the form below. (LaxSabre - click on the link below for the form)

http://flyers.nhl.com/club/page.htm?id=96541
Thanks!

Old
04-23-2014, 10:41 AM
Zip15

vCash: 50
You can also get them scalped relatively easily.

Zip15 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
04-23-2014, 12:25 PM
sabres4ever
We got Jack!

Yeah, I'm only about 3.5 hours, and I'd love to go

sabres4ever is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
04-24-2014, 01:48 AM
LaxSabre

vCash: 264
Quote:
Thanks!
No problem! I even completed the form just to see what info they send you - even though I know I won't be attending the actual draft. I do plan on being at the draft party at the FNC however.

Usually teams that host the draft give season ticket holders first shot at tickets to the draft. The limit was either the number of season tickets you have per account (so three season tickets = three tickets to the draft) or just limited it to four or six tickets per account. Then whatever tickets are left, they let mini-pack holders get a shot at tickets. Then whatever tickets are left go on "sale" to the general public through a draw most likely. If there is a drawing, I'll enter as well and if I win tickets, I will give the tickets to someone here like you - unless you win or get some another way.

(Back when the Sabres hosted the draft in 1988, they gave each season ticket holder/mini-pack holder a ticket for every season ticket/mini pack they had plus the option to get two more. I had two mini-packs at the time and took the option so I got four tickets. The first time they had the draft here in 1991, you just showed up - no tickets were given out.)

So if you want tickets for sure - get in touch with a Flyers season ticket holder who doesn't want to attend the draft but will be willing to get his allotment of tickets for you. Check the Flyers forum here later in May, there will probably be a Draft Ticket Thread where there will be season ticket holders offering to get tickets for non-season ticket holders.

Hope you get tickets - would be awesome seeing a shot of Buffalo fans in the crowed going nuts after the Sabres pick Reinhart or Bennett or Ekbad. (Would be even more awesome if they do a shot of the FNC and 10,000 Sabre fans go nuts!)

Last edited by LaxSabre: 05-30-2014 at 06:41 AM.
LaxSabre is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
04-24-2014, 03:15 AM
jBuds
pretty damn valuable

Last year it was in my home arena and I didn't go.

I regret it immensely.

Being about 2 hrs from Philly, and with the second overall pick, I think I should make every effort to attend. I will record the video of the picks stokes style

jBuds is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
04-25-2014, 10:56 PM
Tachycineta

I should make every effort to attend as well. Philly is 2 hours from me. I live in central MD.

2010 bandwagon jumper- Go Habs and Bruins!
Tachycineta is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
04-26-2014, 09:26 PM
rabi

Quote:
and then we trade out of the spot for next years pick(s) and you've wasted a trip

rabi is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
04-27-2014, 03:00 AM
CrazyPsycho

I'll be there 100%. I'm in the Philly area, once they do this whole lottery thing, I've got a lot of people I can go to hopefully for tickets, so if anyone needs a hookup when the time comes let me know. Philly fans could care less about this draft.

CrazyPsycho is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
05-28-2014, 12:21 PM
SabresFuture

I've seen on Twitter that tickets will be made available in limited release tomorrow. Though I haven't confirmed whether they are for the general public or just Flyers season ticket holders.

Old
05-28-2014, 12:26 PM
SabresFuture

OK, so it seems like season ticket holders can get them tomorrow, people who have signed-up on the Flyers website on Friday:

https://twitter.com/NHLFlyers/with_replies

Old
05-29-2014, 03:54 PM
sabres4ever
We got Jack!

I got an email from them, and I couldn't seem to get in for getting tickets. I'd select how many I want, but I kept getting weird error messages.

Unable to secure seats at this time. Here are a few things you can try:

If the event is taking place today, visit the venue Box Office. Tickets are not available for online sale within a few hours of the start of an event due to credit card security protection but may be available in person.
If you selected a specific seat location or price, try switching to "Best Available".
Change the quantity of tickets you are requesting.
Check back often. Additional tickets are sometimes made available closer to the date of the event.

Last edited by sabres4ever: 05-29-2014 at 04:18 PM.
Old
05-29-2014, 06:09 PM
Woodhouse
Mod Supervisor
HFBoards

vCash: 162
Quote:
Originally Posted by sabres4ever View Post
I got an email from them, and I couldn't seem to get in for getting tickets. I'd select how many I want, but I kept getting weird error messages.

Unable to secure seats at this time. Here are a few things you can try:

If the event is taking place today, visit the venue Box Office. Tickets are not available for online sale within a few hours of the start of an event due to credit card security protection but may be available in person.
If you selected a specific seat location or price, try switching to "Best Available".
Change the quantity of tickets you are requesting.
Check back often. Additional tickets are sometimes made available closer to the date of the event.
From Philly's Twitter timeline:

Philadelphia Flyers @NHLFlyers 6h
We are experiencing difficulties associated with heavy traffic to the #NHLDraft early access ticket page. Thank you for your patience.

Philadelphia Flyers @NHLFlyers 5h
The presale allotment for Day 1 (6/27) for the #NHLDraft has been fulfilled. There are still limited tickets available for Day 2 (6/28).

Philadelphia Flyers @NHLFlyers 4h
Today's presale allotment for Day 2 (6/28) of the #NHLDraft has been fulfilled.

Woodhouse is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
05-29-2014, 06:30 PM
sabres4ever
We got Jack!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Woodhouse View Post
From Philly's Twitter timeline:

Philadelphia Flyers @NHLFlyers 6h
We are experiencing difficulties associated with heavy traffic to the #NHLDraft early access ticket page. Thank you for your patience.

Philadelphia Flyers @NHLFlyers 5h
The presale allotment for Day 1 (6/27) for the #NHLDraft has been fulfilled. There are still limited tickets available for Day 2 (6/28).

Philadelphia Flyers @NHLFlyers 4h
Today's presale allotment for Day 2 (6/28) of the #NHLDraft has been fulfilled.

I saw that, thanks. I kept trying and trying, but...

Old
05-29-2014, 07:31 PM
WNY to NoVA

put this in the draft thread, but I have 4 lower level seats for the second day. they are yours if you want them, pm me.

WNY to NoVA is offline   Reply With Quote