HFBoards

Go Back   HFBoards > NHL Eastern Conference > Metropolitan Division > New York Rangers
Mobile Hockey's Future Become a Sponsor Site Rules Support Forum vBookie Page 2
Notices

GDT: 3/05 NY Islanders @ NY Rangers 7PM VS.

Closed Thread

Old
03-06-2007, 04:37 PM
Petemo

vCash: 500
Doc is the best ever, if only because its hilarious to listen to him.

I loved the "Paraphenalia" line.

I love when he says "Knifed away" or "Waffle-boarded away"

the one bad thing is that he gets predictiable sometimes.

Old
03-06-2007, 04:41 PM
Balej20*

Quote:
Originally Posted by DawgPacPBH View Post

His voice is annoying as hell, and he has obvious rooting interests in games.

Old
03-06-2007, 04:45 PM
Briannj1970

Quote:
Originally Posted by bleedrngrblue View Post
May Jimmy V rest in peace.... one hell of a basketball coach, and an even better man! BTW you're thinking of Dick Vitale!
Ooops...yep, that guy.

Old
03-06-2007, 04:54 PM
stranger34

I went to the game and sat in section 425 in the garden last night. First I want to apologize for the appalling behavior in that section last night. I have a high tolerance for for harassing fans and what not but last night went over the line. Unfortunately a great game was ruined for me and I'm sure several other people in the direct vicinity.

I am an Islanders fan and I went to the game with an Islanders fan who USED TO BE an acquantaince of mine. He drank too much and was unnecessarilly vulgar at times. At 1 point we went up to go the bathroom and some rangers fans harrassed him about his weight (he was in a white Isles Jersey, I was in a blue jump suit) He responded with a vulgar comment back and an altercation developed behind me as the target of his comment chased after him. The two of them got heated and I stepped in feeling responsible for my friend to cool things down. I repeatedly said "We are all here to watch hockey. Relax. no one needs to get kicked out" I got shoved aside and a melee broke loose in front of me. I then got sucker punched by someone I hadn't even addressed, looked at or talked to. Probably just another idiot like my friend going to the game to find trouble.

Anyway just wanted to 1. tell a story and I'm wondering if anyone saw this go down and knows the guy that jumped me. 2. to thank and apologize to the rangers fans directly to the side and behind me. They were mature to deal with my friend until his ejection and were supportive and gracious to me after the altercation noting as he security guard did that I was just trying to cool things down.

Point being. These games are great. They inspire passion from the players and fans from both sides. Its just too bad that there are clowns on both sides of the aisle who like to use these games as an occassion to cause trouble and injury.

Old
03-06-2007, 05:14 PM
Bluenote13
Believe In Henke

Quote:
Originally Posted by stranger34 View Post
I went to the game and sat in section 425 in the garden last night. First I want to apologize for the appalling behavior in that section last night. I have a high tolerance for for harassing fans and what not but last night went over the line. Unfortunately a great game was ruined for me and I'm sure several other people in the direct vicinity.

I am an Islanders fan and I went to the game with an Islanders fan who USED TO BE an acquantaince of mine. He drank too much and was unnecessarilly vulgar at times. At 1 point we went up to go the bathroom and some rangers fans harrassed him about his weight (he was in a white Isles Jersey, I was in a blue jump suit) He responded with a vulgar comment back and an altercation developed behind me as the target of his comment chased after him. The two of them got heated and I stepped in feeling responsible for my friend to cool things down. I repeatedly said "We are all here to watch hockey. Relax. no one needs to get kicked out" I got shoved aside and a melee broke loose in front of me. I then got sucker punched by someone I hadn't even addressed, looked at or talked to. Probably just another idiot like my friend going to the game to find trouble.

Anyway just wanted to 1. tell a story and I'm wondering if anyone saw this go down and knows the guy that jumped me. 2. to thank and apologize to the rangers fans directly to the side and behind me. They were mature to deal with my friend until his ejection and were supportive and gracious to me after the altercation noting as he security guard did that I was just trying to cool things down.

Point being. These games are great. They inspire passion from the players and fans from both sides. Its just too bad that there are clowns on both sides of the aisle who like to use these games as an occassion to cause trouble and injury.
Next time you visit MSG, you have to buy those sections a round, at least. Wait scratch that, beer probably started the whole thing to begin with. Ahh, the mellow effect of budweiser....

Seriously, sorry to hear you had a bad night, like you said, everone should be there for hockey.

While I do have a place in my heart for the Rangers, the garden and the fans, this kind of story is exactly why I don't see too many live games.

Old
03-06-2007, 06:15 PM
Inferno
HFB Partner

heh, its funny how different cities can be. ive been to a dozen+ thrashers games in the past 3 years. and no matter who they play i wear my rangers jersey. and its funny as heck because i almost ALWAYS end up having great conversations with the guys around me. usually just talking hockey or commenting about the game. it NEVER becomes heated, or even argumentative. gotta say, i LOVE atlanta for that.

Old
03-06-2007, 08:16 PM
Skroob*

Quote:
Originally Posted by inferno272 View Post
heh, its funny how different cities can be. ive been to a dozen+ thrashers games in the past 3 years. and no matter who they play i wear my rangers jersey. and its funny as heck because i almost ALWAYS end up having great conversations with the guys around me. usually just talking hockey or commenting about the game. it NEVER becomes heated, or even argumentative. gotta say, i LOVE atlanta for that.
that just means they dont care about their team.

Old
03-06-2007, 09:13 PM
lucky13
Iron Chic

Quote:
Originally Posted by DawgPacPBH View Post

dont remember who or which team took the shot but at one point he said......

"big save, as (so and so ) blasts a phoeton rocket"

what the hell was that......phoeton rocket??????

hillarious......

Old
03-06-2007, 09:23 PM
nyranger61494
YNWA

Quote:
Originally Posted by Balej20 View Post
His voice is annoying as hell, and he has obvious rooting interests in games.
that was the voice he was born with. One thing that cannot be questioned is his vocabulary...phrases like "fabulous chaos" are gold. In Game 3 of the NYR/NJD Conference Finals, there was a string of great plays and saves in OT and he said something to the effect of, "This game is never going to end" and after a pause, "and it will be a shame when it does".

Old
03-06-2007, 10:15 PM
broadwayblue

Quote:
Originally Posted by nyranger61494 View Post
that was the voice he was born with. One thing that cannot be questioned is his vocabulary...phrases like "fabulous chaos" are gold. In Game 3 of the NYR/NJD Conference Finals, there was a string of great plays and saves in OT and he said something to the effect of, "This game is never going to end" and after a pause, "and it will be a shame when it does".
I did actually like "fabulous chaos."

Old
03-06-2007, 10:24 PM
WheresBarnaby

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bluenote13 View Post
Next time you visit MSG, you have to buy those sections a round, at least. Wait scratch that, beer probably started the whole thing to begin with. Ahh, the mellow effect of budweiser....

Seriously, sorry to hear you had a bad night, like you said, everone should be there for hockey.

While I do have a place in my heart for the Rangers, the garden and the fans, this kind of story is exactly why I don't see too many live games.
Wow I sat in section 424 last Saturday, that's day and night from what went on then. The section certainly didn't live up to it's reputation for being rowdy. (it was however probably the best view of a game I've ever had, because it's right at the center red line) It was full of kids actually. It was a day game though, so I guess that's why. Stranger34, that sucks that that happened but it's definetly not uncommon. I'm going to the game on thursday, I can't imagine that kind of thing to be uncommon at the colliseum either. That's part of the rivalry I guess. It's always been.

Closed Thread