HFBoards

Go Back   HFBoards > NHL Eastern Conference > Metropolitan Division > New York Rangers
Mobile Hockey's Future Become a Sponsor Site Rules Support Forum vBookie Page 2
Notices

GDT: 3/05 NY Islanders @ NY Rangers 7PM VS.

Closed Thread
 
Thread Tools
Old
03-06-2007, 04:37 PM
  #876
Petemo
Registered User
 
Petemo's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2004
Country: United States
Posts: 321
vCash: 500
Doc is the best ever, if only because its hilarious to listen to him.

I loved the "Paraphenalia" line.

I love when he says "Knifed away" or "Waffle-boarded away"

the one bad thing is that he gets predictiable sometimes.

Petemo is offline  
Old
03-06-2007, 04:41 PM
  #877
Balej20*
 
Join Date: Jun 2004
Location: New York
Country: United States
Posts: 11,045
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by DawgPacPBH View Post
Doc is the best ever, if only because its hilarious to listen to him.

I loved the "Paraphenalia" line.

I love when he says "Knifed away" or "Waffle-boarded away"

the one bad thing is that he gets predictiable sometimes.
His voice is annoying as hell, and he has obvious rooting interests in games.

Balej20* is offline  
Old
03-06-2007, 04:45 PM
  #878
Briannj1970
Registered User
 
Join Date: Jan 2005
Posts: 82
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by bleedrngrblue View Post
May Jimmy V rest in peace.... one hell of a basketball coach, and an even better man! BTW you're thinking of Dick Vitale!
Ooops...yep, that guy.

Briannj1970 is offline  
Old
03-06-2007, 04:54 PM
  #879
stranger34
Registered User
 
stranger34's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2007
Location: Nassau County
Posts: 4,279
vCash: 500
I went to the game and sat in section 425 in the garden last night. First I want to apologize for the appalling behavior in that section last night. I have a high tolerance for for harassing fans and what not but last night went over the line. Unfortunately a great game was ruined for me and I'm sure several other people in the direct vicinity.

I am an Islanders fan and I went to the game with an Islanders fan who USED TO BE an acquantaince of mine. He drank too much and was unnecessarilly vulgar at times. At 1 point we went up to go the bathroom and some rangers fans harrassed him about his weight (he was in a white Isles Jersey, I was in a blue jump suit) He responded with a vulgar comment back and an altercation developed behind me as the target of his comment chased after him. The two of them got heated and I stepped in feeling responsible for my friend to cool things down. I repeatedly said "We are all here to watch hockey. Relax. no one needs to get kicked out" I got shoved aside and a melee broke loose in front of me. I then got sucker punched by someone I hadn't even addressed, looked at or talked to. Probably just another idiot like my friend going to the game to find trouble.

Anyway just wanted to 1. tell a story and I'm wondering if anyone saw this go down and knows the guy that jumped me. 2. to thank and apologize to the rangers fans directly to the side and behind me. They were mature to deal with my friend until his ejection and were supportive and gracious to me after the altercation noting as he security guard did that I was just trying to cool things down.

Point being. These games are great. They inspire passion from the players and fans from both sides. Its just too bad that there are clowns on both sides of the aisle who like to use these games as an occassion to cause trouble and injury.

stranger34 is offline  
Old
03-06-2007, 05:14 PM
  #880
Bluenote13
Believe In Henke
 
Bluenote13's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2002
Location: BKLYN, NYC
Posts: 24,161
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by stranger34 View Post
I went to the game and sat in section 425 in the garden last night. First I want to apologize for the appalling behavior in that section last night. I have a high tolerance for for harassing fans and what not but last night went over the line. Unfortunately a great game was ruined for me and I'm sure several other people in the direct vicinity.

I am an Islanders fan and I went to the game with an Islanders fan who USED TO BE an acquantaince of mine. He drank too much and was unnecessarilly vulgar at times. At 1 point we went up to go the bathroom and some rangers fans harrassed him about his weight (he was in a white Isles Jersey, I was in a blue jump suit) He responded with a vulgar comment back and an altercation developed behind me as the target of his comment chased after him. The two of them got heated and I stepped in feeling responsible for my friend to cool things down. I repeatedly said "We are all here to watch hockey. Relax. no one needs to get kicked out" I got shoved aside and a melee broke loose in front of me. I then got sucker punched by someone I hadn't even addressed, looked at or talked to. Probably just another idiot like my friend going to the game to find trouble.

Anyway just wanted to 1. tell a story and I'm wondering if anyone saw this go down and knows the guy that jumped me. 2. to thank and apologize to the rangers fans directly to the side and behind me. They were mature to deal with my friend until his ejection and were supportive and gracious to me after the altercation noting as he security guard did that I was just trying to cool things down.

Point being. These games are great. They inspire passion from the players and fans from both sides. Its just too bad that there are clowns on both sides of the aisle who like to use these games as an occassion to cause trouble and injury.
Next time you visit MSG, you have to buy those sections a round, at least. Wait scratch that, beer probably started the whole thing to begin with. Ahh, the mellow effect of budweiser....

Seriously, sorry to hear you had a bad night, like you said, everone should be there for hockey.

While I do have a place in my heart for the Rangers, the garden and the fans, this kind of story is exactly why I don't see too many live games.

Bluenote13 is offline  
Old
03-06-2007, 06:15 PM
  #881
Inferno
HFB Partner
 
Inferno's Avatar
 
Join Date: Nov 2005
Location: Atlanta, GA
Country: United States
Posts: 21,164
vCash: 500
heh, its funny how different cities can be. ive been to a dozen+ thrashers games in the past 3 years. and no matter who they play i wear my rangers jersey. and its funny as heck because i almost ALWAYS end up having great conversations with the guys around me. usually just talking hockey or commenting about the game. it NEVER becomes heated, or even argumentative. gotta say, i LOVE atlanta for that.

Inferno is offline  
Old
03-06-2007, 08:16 PM
  #882
Skroob*
 
Join Date: Oct 2002
Posts: 3,064
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by inferno272 View Post
heh, its funny how different cities can be. ive been to a dozen+ thrashers games in the past 3 years. and no matter who they play i wear my rangers jersey. and its funny as heck because i almost ALWAYS end up having great conversations with the guys around me. usually just talking hockey or commenting about the game. it NEVER becomes heated, or even argumentative. gotta say, i LOVE atlanta for that.
that just means they dont care about their team.

Skroob* is offline  
Old
03-06-2007, 09:13 PM
  #883
lucky13
Iron Chic
 
lucky13's Avatar
 
Join Date: Sep 2006
Location: selden...L.I.
Country: United States
Posts: 711
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by DawgPacPBH View Post
Doc is the best ever, if only because its hilarious to listen to him.

I loved the "Paraphenalia" line.

I love when he says "Knifed away" or "Waffle-boarded away"

the one bad thing is that he gets predictiable sometimes.
dont remember who or which team took the shot but at one point he said......

"big save, as (so and so ) blasts a phoeton rocket"

what the hell was that......phoeton rocket??????

hillarious......

lucky13 is offline  
Old
03-06-2007, 09:23 PM
  #884
nyranger61494
YNWA
 
nyranger61494's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2005
Location: New York, NY
Country: United States
Posts: 3,896
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Balej20 View Post
His voice is annoying as hell, and he has obvious rooting interests in games.
that was the voice he was born with. One thing that cannot be questioned is his vocabulary...phrases like "fabulous chaos" are gold. In Game 3 of the NYR/NJD Conference Finals, there was a string of great plays and saves in OT and he said something to the effect of, "This game is never going to end" and after a pause, "and it will be a shame when it does".

nyranger61494 is offline  
Old
03-06-2007, 10:15 PM
  #885
broadwayblue
Registered User
 
broadwayblue's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2004
Location: NYC
Country: United States
Posts: 16,409
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by nyranger61494 View Post
that was the voice he was born with. One thing that cannot be questioned is his vocabulary...phrases like "fabulous chaos" are gold. In Game 3 of the NYR/NJD Conference Finals, there was a string of great plays and saves in OT and he said something to the effect of, "This game is never going to end" and after a pause, "and it will be a shame when it does".
I did actually like "fabulous chaos."

broadwayblue is offline  
Old
03-06-2007, 10:24 PM
  #886
WheresBarnaby
Registered User
 
WheresBarnaby's Avatar
 
Join Date: May 2006
Country: United States
Posts: 2,607
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Bluenote13 View Post
Next time you visit MSG, you have to buy those sections a round, at least. Wait scratch that, beer probably started the whole thing to begin with. Ahh, the mellow effect of budweiser....

Seriously, sorry to hear you had a bad night, like you said, everone should be there for hockey.

While I do have a place in my heart for the Rangers, the garden and the fans, this kind of story is exactly why I don't see too many live games.
Wow I sat in section 424 last Saturday, that's day and night from what went on then. The section certainly didn't live up to it's reputation for being rowdy. (it was however probably the best view of a game I've ever had, because it's right at the center red line) It was full of kids actually. It was a day game though, so I guess that's why. Stranger34, that sucks that that happened but it's definetly not uncommon. I'm going to the game on thursday, I can't imagine that kind of thing to be uncommon at the colliseum either. That's part of the rivalry I guess. It's always been.

WheresBarnaby is offline  
Closed Thread

Forum Jump


Bookmarks

Thread Tools

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off



All times are GMT -5. The time now is 06:57 AM.

monitoring_string = "e4251c93e2ba248d29da988d93bf5144"
Contact Us - HFBoards - Archive - Privacy Statement - Terms of Use - Advertise - Top - AdChoices

vBulletin Copyright ©2000 - 2015, Jelsoft Enterprises Ltd.
HFBoards.com is a property of CraveOnline Media, LLC, an Evolve Media, LLC company. 2015 All Rights Reserved.