HFBoards

Go Back   HFBoards > NHL Western Conference > Central Division > Nashville Predators
Mobile Hockey's Future Become a Sponsor Site Rules Support Forum vBookie Page 2
Notices

2014 NHL Draft - Philadelphia - Rounds 2-7 9:00 AM NHLN

Reply
 
Thread Tools
Old
04-17-2014, 06:40 PM
  #251
dulzhok
Registered User
 
Join Date: Feb 2003
Posts: 3,528
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by triggrman View Post
And we all love Forsberg
I'll love him more if he scores in the AHL to start.

Guys like Friesen, Sillinger, Rolston. MEH. They each had a couple outlier seasons, but mostly were guys who couldn't sustain scoring line roles. If that's all we get from the pick and have to wait 5 years for them to "develop", we are better off trading it.

We don't need "value", we need real, tangible offensive talent.

dulzhok is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
04-17-2014, 06:40 PM
  #252
jwhouk
Cheesehead Pred
 
jwhouk's Avatar
 
Join Date: Apr 2004
Location: Wisconsin
Country: United States
Posts: 2,490
vCash: 500
A caveat with those first five picks: there were only 21 teams in the NHL for the first three years, and then 22 and 24 for the last two.

jwhouk is online now   Reply With Quote
Old
04-17-2014, 08:31 PM
  #253
AintLifeGrand
Registered User
 
AintLifeGrand's Avatar
 
Join Date: Apr 2009
Location: Thrasherville, GA
Country: Tibet
Posts: 2,738
vCash: 500
ALG's Updated Draft Board

1. Ehlers
2.Nylander
3. Fabbri
4.HO Sang
5. Fiala
6. Pastrnak
7. Kempe
8. Milano

AintLifeGrand is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
04-18-2014, 10:04 AM
  #254
Flgatorguy87
Registered User
 
Join Date: Jul 2011
Location: East Nasty
Posts: 473
vCash: 500
I'd love Ehlers or Nylander. I'm kind of hoping magic happens and Ritchie falls to us.

Flgatorguy87 is online now   Reply With Quote
Old
04-21-2014, 02:44 PM
  #255
AintLifeGrand
Registered User
 
AintLifeGrand's Avatar
 
Join Date: Apr 2009
Location: Thrasherville, GA
Country: Tibet
Posts: 2,738
vCash: 500
Fiala is now top of my draft board

AintLifeGrand is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
04-22-2014, 05:29 PM
  #256
GeauxPreds
Registered User
 
Join Date: Jul 2013
Posts: 779
vCash: 500
Realistically I thinking something like

1.Nylander
2. Kapanen
3. Fiala
4. Virtanen
5. Fabbri

GeauxPreds is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
04-23-2014, 01:30 PM
  #257
Teekko
Registered User
 
Join Date: Mar 2011
Location: Vancouver
Posts: 271
vCash: 500
I would be happy with any of...

Nylander, Kapanen or Fiala

Teekko is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
04-23-2014, 03:59 PM
  #258
RaiderDoug
Registered User
 
RaiderDoug's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2007
Location: Knoxville
Country: United States
Posts: 1,881
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Teekko View Post
I would be happy with any of...

Nylander, Kapanen or Fiala
I'm really starting to like Nylander. I think the Preds would (and should) move up to get him.

If he reaches his projection, him and Jarnkrok look like they could be a pretty dang good 1-2 punch up the middle.

Of the guys who realistically could be there at 11, i'd go:

1. Nylander
2. Ehjlers
3. Ritchie
4. Perlini
5. Kapenen

I'd also like to see the Preds try to get back into the late first. We could use some of those Milwaukee guys that seem to have stalled out in their growth and one of those 2 seconds - we could grab a guy like Fiala, Fabbri, or a Tuch that might fall.

You guys think maybe something like Budish and a 2nd might get us to, say 22 to add another good forward prospect?

RaiderDoug is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
04-23-2014, 04:25 PM
  #259
Top 6 Spaling
Registered User
 
Top 6 Spaling's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2010
Location: Smashville
Country: United States
Posts: 10,467
vCash: 500
I still am a big fan of the Virtanen idea. He is a dynamic hit or miss player, which is the kind of risk we can afford to take. Honestly though, as long as we take a forward who doesn't have the words "two way" in his bio I'm ok.

Top 6 Spaling is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
04-24-2014, 11:54 AM
  #260
barrytrotzsneck
Retired Global Mod
 
barrytrotzsneck's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2003
Location: Nashville, TN
Country: United States
Posts: 31,223
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by RaiderDoug View Post
I'm really starting to like Nylander. I think the Preds would (and should) move up to get him.

If he reaches his projection, him and Jarnkrok look like they could be a pretty dang good 1-2 punch up the middle.

Of the guys who realistically could be there at 11, i'd go:

1. Nylander
2. Ehjlers
3. Ritchie
4. Perlini
5. Kapenen

I'd also like to see the Preds try to get back into the late first. We could use some of those Milwaukee guys that seem to have stalled out in their growth and one of those 2 seconds - we could grab a guy like Fiala, Fabbri, or a Tuch that might fall.

You guys think maybe something like Budish and a 2nd might get us to, say 22 to add another good forward prospect?
Zach Budish has pretty close to zero value at this point. He wasn't even good in the ECHL this year. He's certainly not going to bump us up more than 15 spots. You could *maybe* package both 2nds and get in the 27 or 28 range.

__________________
www.thepredatorial.com

barrytrotzsneck is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
04-24-2014, 12:06 PM
  #261
AtlantaWhaler
Moderator
Thrash/Preds/Sabres
 
AtlantaWhaler's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2009
Country: United States
Posts: 12,032
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by barrytrotzsneck View Post
Zach Budish has pretty close to zero value at this point. He wasn't even good in the ECHL this year. He's certainly not going to bump us up more than 15 spots. You could *maybe* package both 2nds and get in the 27 or 28 range.
Agreed. And at this point, if we were going to package both 2nds to move up, I'd rather it be with the 11th and see how far we go (maybe 3-4 spots up?).

AtlantaWhaler is online now   Reply With Quote
Old
04-24-2014, 01:52 PM
  #262
RaiderDoug
Registered User
 
RaiderDoug's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2007
Location: Knoxville
Country: United States
Posts: 1,881
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by barrytrotzsneck View Post
Zach Budish has pretty close to zero value at this point. He wasn't even good in the ECHL this year. He's certainly not going to bump us up more than 15 spots. You could *maybe* package both 2nds and get in the 27 or 28 range.
It doesn't need to be Budish. Plug in a guy like Salomaki, Beck, Vesey, or even Watson. We have a ton of redundant guys who very likely will top out at AAAA type guys.

Or use the 2 seconds.

We've plenty of ammo to try and move around and come out of this draft with at least 2 decent forward prospects.

RaiderDoug is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
04-24-2014, 02:33 PM
  #263
PredsV82
Puckaroni and cheese
 
PredsV82's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2007
Location: Outside
Country: Scotland
Posts: 14,245
vCash: 400
If we trade any high picks it needs to be for someone who is going to play now or soon. we dont need to turn three picks into one just to move up a couple of spots in the first round

PredsV82 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
04-24-2014, 02:37 PM
  #264
I Will Son
An Army of One
 
I Will Son's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2010
Location: Nashville
Country: United States
Posts: 8,490
vCash: 500
Does anyone remember what we traded to move up to the seventh spot in 08? I know we did it to get Wilson

I Will Son is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
04-24-2014, 03:03 PM
  #265
barrytrotzsneck
Retired Global Mod
 
barrytrotzsneck's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2003
Location: Nashville, TN
Country: United States
Posts: 31,223
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by PredsV82 View Post
If we trade any high picks it needs to be for someone who is going to play now or soon. we dont need to turn three picks into one just to move up a couple of spots in the first round
Actually, in a draft like this, that's the exact strategy that a lot of teams take. After the top 8 or 9, there's considered to be a steady drop, with the second round this year being considered below average. I think if they could come out with a "very good" prospect instead of 1 "good" and two "okay," it wouldn't be a bad thing.

barrytrotzsneck is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
04-24-2014, 04:52 PM
  #266
PredsV82
Puckaroni and cheese
 
PredsV82's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2007
Location: Outside
Country: Scotland
Posts: 14,245
vCash: 400
Quote:
Originally Posted by I Will Son View Post
Does anyone remember what we traded to move up to the seventh spot in 08? I know we did it to get Wilson
I think it was our first(actually Floridas) and a second

Quote:
Originally Posted by barrytrotzsneck View Post
Actually, in a draft like this, that's the exact strategy that a lot of teams take. After the top 8 or 9, there's considered to be a steady drop, with the second round this year being considered below average. I think if they could come out with a "very good" prospect instead of 1 "good" and two "okay," it wouldn't be a bad thing.
I see your point... if the cutoff on top end talent is 8 or 9 I would say thats a good move. If the cutoff is 5 then there is no way 3 picks get us that high so I would say just take our chances with what we have.

PredsV82 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
04-24-2014, 04:54 PM
  #267
GeauxPreds
Registered User
 
Join Date: Jul 2013
Posts: 779
vCash: 500
Right now 1-5 is a tier of great prospects, 6-10 is a tier of very good prospects and after that it seems to be just sort of good first round prospects. Being right on the cusp at 11 it couldn't hurt to try and move up to 6-8, especially if there's a guy the team wants available there, but if one or two teams go off the board like they inevitably do the Preds still could end up with a high skill guy falling to them, even if it's someone risky like Virtanen.

GeauxPreds is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
04-25-2014, 12:25 PM
  #268
AintLifeGrand
Registered User
 
AintLifeGrand's Avatar
 
Join Date: Apr 2009
Location: Thrasherville, GA
Country: Tibet
Posts: 2,738
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by dulzhok View Post
I'll love him more if he scores in the AHL to start.

Guys like Friesen, Sillinger, Rolston. MEH. They each had a couple outlier seasons, but mostly were guys who couldn't sustain scoring line roles. If that's all we get from the pick and have to wait 5 years for them to "develop", we are better off trading it.

We don't need "value", we need real, tangible offensive talent.

Friesen had multiple 60 + pt seasons….

AintLifeGrand is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
04-25-2014, 01:27 PM
  #269
dulzhok
Registered User
 
Join Date: Feb 2003
Posts: 3,528
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by AintLifeGrand View Post
Friesen had multiple 60 + pt seasons….
Yes at the age of 22 and 23. He only hit 50 once after that and bounced around from team to team with little results.

A guy who couldn't sustain a scoring line. If that's all we get with the pick, we are better off trading it.

dulzhok is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
04-26-2014, 11:27 AM
  #270
Enoch
This is my boomstick
 
Enoch's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2003
Location: Cookeville TN
Country: United States
Posts: 12,567
vCash: 500
I think you trade up or trade the pick. An offensive player needs to be acquired one way or another.

__________________
- Enoch -
Enoch is online now   Reply With Quote
Old
04-26-2014, 12:47 PM
  #271
GeauxPreds
Registered User
 
Join Date: Jul 2013
Posts: 779
vCash: 500
I would love to see us trade up to 5/6 to grab one of dal colle /nylander/ ehlers

GeauxPreds is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
04-26-2014, 02:17 PM
  #272
RCola88
Registered User
 
RCola88's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2013
Location: Nashville, TN
Posts: 850
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by GeauxPreds View Post
I would love to see us trade up to 5/6 to grab one of dal colle /nylander/ ehlers
I wouldn't mind swapping with the leafs. I have a good feeling Nylander will be at the 8th spot, and we desperately need him to be our pick unless Draisaitl, Dal Colle, or Ehlers are available. Even then I'd consider Nylander, he has crazy upside.

RCola88 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
04-26-2014, 02:19 PM
  #273
RCola88
Registered User
 
RCola88's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2013
Location: Nashville, TN
Posts: 850
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Enoch View Post
I think you trade up or trade the pick. An offensive player needs to be acquired one way or another.
Who could we get in the trade? Eberle for 1st +? I'd much rather trade the pick for an immediate help plus upside. Unfortunately, we hurt ourselves by winning out the lat part of the season and going from 6th to 11th

Skinner is, personally, my favorite option. It'd be a lot to get him, but he would be so worth it.

RCola88 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
04-26-2014, 06:57 PM
  #274
Soundgarden
Registered User
 
Soundgarden's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2008
Location: Spring Hill, TN
Country: United States
Posts: 6,558
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by RCola88 View Post
Who could we get in the trade? Eberle for 1st +? I'd much rather trade the pick for an immediate help plus upside. Unfortunately, we hurt ourselves by winning out the lat part of the season and going from 6th to 11th

Skinner is, personally, my favorite option. It'd be a lot to get him, but he would be so worth it.
If we could get E. Kane, Skinner or one of Edmonton's better kids I'd do it.

Soundgarden is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
04-26-2014, 09:00 PM
  #275
RCola88
Registered User
 
RCola88's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2013
Location: Nashville, TN
Posts: 850
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Soundgarden View Post
If we could get E. Kane, Skinner or one of Edmonton's better kids I'd do it.
Me too, with out a doubt. Skinner, E. Kane, or Eberle PLEASE POILE

RCola88 is offline   Reply With Quote
Reply

Forum Jump


Bookmarks

Thread Tools

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off



All times are GMT -5. The time now is 09:59 AM.

monitoring_string = "e4251c93e2ba248d29da988d93bf5144"
Contact Us - HFBoards - Archive - Privacy Statement - Terms of Use - Advertise - Top - AdChoices

vBulletin Copyright ©2000 - 2014, Jelsoft Enterprises Ltd.
HFBoards.com is a property of CraveOnline Media, LLC, an Evolve Media, LLC company. ©2014 All Rights Reserved.