HFBoards

Go Back   HFBoards > NHL Eastern Conference > Atlantic Division > Ottawa Senators
Mobile Hockey's Future Become a Sponsor Site Rules Support Forum vBookie Page 2
Notices

Way to go Alfredsson!!!!!!!!!!

Closed Thread

Old
02-08-2004, 05:17 PM
TexSen

vCash: 500
Way to go Alfredsson!!!!!!!!!!

Scoring leader in the All-Star game for the Eastern Conference. Two goals and an assist.

I'll leave it up to fans of that "other" team to ponder what might be if Alfredsson were to become an UFA and sign with the blue/white and play on a line with Roberts and Sundin. I'm guessing the booing would quickly cease.

Looks like they clicked pretty well.

Old
02-08-2004, 05:22 PM
Don Draper

You could really see what Alfie could do with a Center who took some attention away from him. Same thing happened in the Olympics. A handful of players stood out in that game, he was one of them. By the way, I will for now on recognize Neidermayer as a top 3 d man in the league. I have always watched him, but take him out of the defensive shell known as NJ, he was incredible.

Old
02-08-2004, 05:55 PM
cobraking08

Send a message via MSN to cobraking08
Quote:
Originally Posted by TexSen
Scoring leader in the All-Star game for the Eastern Conference. Two goals and an assist.

I'll leave it up to fans of that "other" team to ponder what might be if Alfredsson were to become an UFA and sign with the blue/white and play on a line with Roberts and Sundin. I'm guessing the booing would quickly cease.

Looks like they clicked pretty well.
As a fan of that "other" team I will say that Alf did well. But he was set up from some players from that "other" team. And as I recall "your" team started off booing our Capt. too but that was short lived. Imagine Sundin and Roberts in a SENS uniform. And no one on this side of the fence thinks that the SENS are a mediocre team. We know that they give us the best fight. All that put aside, I'd say that the Sundin, Alfreddson, Roberts line was , beyond a shadow of a doubt , THEE best line in the ASG. WELL DONE GUYS.

Old
02-08-2004, 06:55 PM
Burnaby_Joe*

Quote:
Originally Posted by I.M. Fletcher
You could really see what Alfie could do with a Center who took some attention away from him. Same thing happened in the Olympics. A handful of players stood out in that game, he was one of them. By the way, I will for now on recognize Neidermayer as a top 3 d man in the league. I have always watched him, but take him out of the defensive shell known as NJ, he was incredible.

Good thoughts on Niedermayer; I think he's the best defenceman in the league.

Old
02-08-2004, 08:37 PM
nessie

Send a message via AIM to nessie Send a message via MSN to nessie Send a message via Yahoo to nessie
I was so proud of Alfie, he did the East and our team very proud - IMO, he deserved the MVP Sakic smakic...your team lost, and big whoop you got a hat trick..lol...Alfie got the game winner and he was very productive...lol...

It made sense to me to see Alfie and Sundin productive together, they are buddies from Sweeden and play together in the Olympics and such...and well, Roberts and Sundin click, so it just makes sense to have all 3 click.

Would have love to have seen the production from Reds and Hossa had they been there...well, there's always next year!!!

Old
02-08-2004, 08:59 PM
sensfan18

Alf played well, he should have got the MVP, IMO (I've never been a big supporter of giving the losing team the MVP).

Old
02-08-2004, 09:24 PM
Riddarn
1980-2011

Did Alfie and Sundin look as great together as they did with Dahlén in the Olympics?

Old
02-08-2004, 09:40 PM
nessie

Send a message via AIM to nessie Send a message via MSN to nessie Send a message via Yahoo to nessie
Quote:
Originally Posted by sensfan18
Alf played well, he should have got the MVP, IMO (I've never been a big supporter of giving the losing team the MVP).
Yea i don't get that, why does someone from the LOSING team get MVP - I mean, they obviously weren't good enough to win, so give it to the player from the winning team

Or an even better idea, give one to each side...you know...like Sakic can have his for the West and Alfie for the east

Old
02-09-2004, 11:04 AM
Hugh Nito I

I really think Alfie has turned a corner this year and has grown as a leader for this team. The guy is glowing of confidence. As a player, he has a great season with a lot of points, but off the ice and around the games his character has changed this year, all for the better if you ask me. Saying his team was going to win the cup sounded a lot more realistic more than usual "I am the Greatest" statements that guys like Roenick would give. The joke that he pulled off against the Leafs, and the way that he handled the fans and media after it, has shown that he really isn't afraid to piss anyone off and that he doesn't show anyone more respect than they deserve. Also, the whole war-of-words that he's had with Pat Quinn which he imo handled very professionally and with a tone of humour to it, just added to my respect for the guy.

Especially considering the pressure on the team to win this year, I think Alfie has shown fantastic leadership both as a player and when handling things off the ice. His cockiness and dedication could very well be what puts Ottawa over the edge and gives the kids a prime example of how to become successful. Hope this carries over into the playoffs.

Old
02-09-2004, 02:36 PM
TexSen

And at the same time I have to give credit to Pat Quinn for saying some really complimentary things about Alfredsson following the game.

Old
02-09-2004, 03:07 PM
Stephen

Quote:
Originally Posted by Hugh Nito I
I really think Alfie has turned a corner this year and has grown as a leader for this team. The joke that he pulled off against the Leafs, and the way that he handled the fans and media after it, has shown that he really isn't afraid to piss anyone off and that he doesn't show anyone more respect than they deserve. Also, the whole war-of-words that he's had with Pat Quinn which he imo handled very professionally and with a tone of humour to it, just added to my respect for the guy.
As a Leafs fan, I think Alfredsson's tongue and cheek attitude has an air of confident swagger to it, and I think that's a great characteristic to have as an individual. It's certainly fun and I like people like that. However, I think that kind of attitude isn't something you'd attribute to maturity or good leadership in team sports. He still likes to point fingers when his team gets beat, which is still quite immature because it indicates he isn't willing to admit to internal failings when things go wrong.

Old
02-09-2004, 03:11 PM
nessie

Perhaps I have missed it, but I have yet to see Alfredsson point a finger at anyone on the team for a loss - he always says that it was a team effort that they lost, that they didn't come out strong enough, and even with the whole Patrick Lalime situation, he does nothing but stand behind Lalime - so he is showing great poise asa captain and he is leading his team, he's taking initive and letting them know that yes he expects more as a captain from his team but he doesn't point fingers, if anything, he'd take the blame for a loss - as does Lalime, he'll take the blame rather than point fingers - and we saw that in last years playoffs - in the Jersey games, when they were down, Lalime had a heated dicussion with the team, and look how close they came back to going to the cup...

Old
02-09-2004, 03:32 PM
Hugh Nito I

Quote:
Originally Posted by Stephen
He still likes to point fingers when his team gets beat, which is still quite immature because it indicates he isn't willing to admit to internal failings when things go wrong.
Yes and no. I don't agree with people pointing finger towards someone making them into scapegoats the way Bob Clarke seems to be doing (Cechmanek and the previous 6 coaches to Hitchcock). Let's not forget Mike Milbury when discussing that topic either. From an Ottawa supporter's pov, Alfredsson's finger pointing seems more justified. (To be quite honest, I can't remember hearing or reading about him doing just that, but that could be just me.) Each year, maybe with one or two exceptions, the issue with for instance Bonk's commitment comes up and rightfully so. Daigle's and Yashin's commitment to the team was also what caused their exit and it is my belief that Alfredsson points fingers in direction of people not giving it their all, rather pointing at players that might be in funk while still trying. I guess that it's extremely annoying for a player like Alfie, who never really was a standout junior player himself, watching players who has got all the tools floating around night in and night out while the rest of the team is working hard.

If Ottawa loses the cup because Shaun Van Allen is a terrible skater, I don't think Alfie would point any fingers. If Bonk, God forbid, refused to back check, then he would have an issue. Let's also not forget that Alfie clearly pointed a BIG finger at himself after last year's playoffs, and rightfully so. He clearified that he wasn't injured, just unable to deliver the goods which takes some guts to do.

Old
02-09-2004, 03:48 PM
leafaholix*

Hopefully the Maple Leafs make a bid for Alfredsson.

He's been one of my favourite forwards over the last couple years.

Old
02-09-2004, 05:03 PM
nessie

I don't see Alfie leaving the Sens myself anytime soon - he has expressed greatly to the town and to Muckler that he wishes to finish his career here in Ottawa - that it has been nothing but good to him - and he shows a lot of confidence in this team - especially with his statement of brining the cup back to Ottawa - that takes guts but shows his beliefs in this team.

I only see Alfie leaving if - well - I don't think I can...

Old
02-09-2004, 08:37 PM
Verbal Kint*

Quote:
Originally Posted by tigerwilliams
the SARS line played great , but now that its over its back to normal...BOOOOOO ALFREDSSON
tiger, if you start spamming the Sens board too, well, I don't doubt that Sens fans' images of us Leaf Fans will lower drastically, if that could be possible.

Old
02-09-2004, 08:40 PM
Verbal Kint*

I can personally guarentee that should JFJ sign Alfreddson, the prospect of having him Roberts and Sundin on a line would make me giddy. He'd also go from cheapo to "god" as Belfour did for me when he came to the Leafs.

Old
02-09-2004, 09:34 PM
SensGod

Send a message via MSN to SensGod
dream on...

draft your own players...stop leaching off others...

Old
02-09-2004, 10:02 PM
RiellyGood

Quote:
Originally Posted by SensGod
dream on...

draft your own players...stop leaching off others...
have you not noticed????

thats what we do!

Old
02-09-2004, 10:33 PM
o-dog

Quote:
Originally Posted by Maple_Leafs_Forever
tiger, if you start spamming the Sens board too, well, I don't doubt that Sens fans' images of us Leaf Fans will lower drastically, if that could be possible.
We know who the good and bad posters are so don't worry about that. Tiger is not somebody anyone with a brain takes seriously, especially after comments like Hossa getting what he deserves when he was cut by his visor that last game. Something about retribution for Berard...not cool in anyway.

Besides, if people on his "own" board don't care for his posts, we'll be able to see that pretty clearly.

Old
02-10-2004, 01:52 AM
Natural Habs Fan

Can you imagine how the media would react if Alf signed with Toronto?

Old
02-10-2004, 10:09 AM
sensfan18

ALF will never leave Ottawa. He wants to retire here and Muckler wants him to stay, they'll iron out a deal. I knew soon as I saw him on a line with Sundin and Roberts we'd here this "Alf to T.O." garbage. WON'T HAPPEN.

Closed Thread