HFBoards

Go Back   HFBoards > NHL Western Conference > Central Division > Nashville Predators
Notices

General Preds Talk Part V

Old
04-06-2014, 06:46 PM
INDhockeyfan

vCash: 500
Stars were up 2-0 on Florida and choked and lost 3-2 in regulation and the preds faint hopes of making the playoffs are still alive.

INDhockeyfan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
04-08-2014, 11:17 PM
oconnor9sean
Benn & Seguin

Sooooo I know our relationship might be a little rocky after tonight, but please, please beat Phoenix on Thursday.

oconnor9sean is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
04-09-2014, 07:28 AM
jwhouk
Cheesehead Pred

Sorry, not until you guys honor Shea Weber for being a two-time gold medalist on your jumbotron.

jwhouk is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
04-09-2014, 03:18 PM
Adz

Quote:
Originally Posted by jwhouk View Post
Sorry, not until you guys honor Shea Weber for being a two-time gold medalist on your jumbotron.
Ha ha!

I get this.

Adz is online now   Reply With Quote
Old
04-09-2014, 03:47 PM
triggrman
HFBoards Sponsor

So does Tootoo....

triggrman is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
04-09-2014, 09:18 PM
PFL615

Are the Preds still doing the ladies night deal for Saturdays game?
If so that does not sound like a good idea with all the drunk rude Blackhawks fans that are going to be the majority Saturday night.

PFL615 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
04-10-2014, 08:10 AM
Preds33

To be honest, even though I am not one to want to tank, I really don't mind if we drop tonight's game against Phoenix, just to make Dallas sweat it.

Preds33 is online now   Reply With Quote
Old
04-10-2014, 09:37 PM
zeropotentate

so, with the win against Phoenix, Rinne has 162 wins, which puts him first, ahead of Vokoun (161) for most wins ever by a Nashville goalie. Congratulations to him.

zeropotentate is online now   Reply With Quote
Old
04-11-2014, 01:58 AM
sparkle twin
I luv u summertime

Send a message via ICQ to sparkle twin Send a message via AIM to sparkle twin
Quote:
Originally Posted by zeropotentate View Post
so, with the win against Phoenix, Rinne has 162 wins, which puts him first, ahead of Vokoun (161) for most wins ever by a Nashville goalie. Congratulations to him.

Pekka is such a nice guy that you just can't help but be happy for him!

sparkle twin is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
04-13-2014, 11:53 PM
zeropotentate

So, we struggle all season and end on a hot streak while scoring 7 goals in the last two games.

I wonder if we'd have made the playoffs if Rinne was healthy all year. At least there's hope for next year with the young players like Jarnkrok, Forsberg, Sissons, maybe Watson will contribute. :|

zeropotentate is online now   Reply With Quote
Old
04-14-2014, 08:37 AM
101st_fan
I taught Yoda

A team that most predicted would be a bubble team fighting for the #8 seed finished the season as exactly that where a regulation win vs Dallas could have potentially put the Preds in the post season. Far from how any fan wanted the season to go ... not the abomination that some try to portray.

101st_fan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
04-14-2014, 08:44 AM
drwpreds

Quote:
Originally Posted by 101st_fan View Post
A team that most predicted would be a bubble team fighting for the #8 seed finished the season as exactly that where a regulation win vs Dallas could have potentially put the Preds in the post season. Far from how any fan wanted the season to go ... not the abomination that some try to portray.
Yes, and as I have been posting about elsewhere, we did so in a year in which almost nothing went right:

- We lost Rinne for most of the season, and for at least 2/3 of the year may have had the worst goaltending in the entire league

- Almost none of our forwards could score, and the offense was dreadful until the final month. The free agent pickups were AWFUL.

- Hand in hand with the goaltending, we were in the bottom 10 of the league in goals against......

Despite all of that, we still were 1 game away from making playoffs and finished exactly where we were supposed to WITH A HEALTHY RINNE and average production from the new forwards...........

Its disappointing to be out of the playoffs but it could almost be argued that given the circumstances we finished better than we should have.

And I remain optimistic for next year- what are the odds that all the bad things that happened this year happen again next year?

With some good fortune, who knows what we can do???

drwpreds is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
04-14-2014, 11:39 AM
Viqsi
carrying the flag

Send a message via AIM to Viqsi
Quote:
Originally Posted by drwpreds View Post
Yes, and as I have been posting about elsewhere, we did so in a year in which almost nothing went right:

- We lost Rinne for most of the season, and for at least 2/3 of the year may have had the worst goaltending in the entire league

- Almost none of our forwards could score, and the offense was dreadful until the final month. The free agent pickups were AWFUL.

- Hand in hand with the goaltending, we were in the bottom 10 of the league in goals against......

Despite all of that, we still were 1 game away from making playoffs and finished exactly where we were supposed to WITH A HEALTHY RINNE and average production from the new forwards...........

Its disappointing to be out of the playoffs but it could almost be argued that given the circumstances we finished better than we should have.

And I remain optimistic for next year- what are the odds that all the bad things that happened this year happen again next year?

With some good fortune, who knows what we can do???
Given that Trotz isn't coaching and so we're headed to the roulette wheel? We could well end up with an all-new, all-different list of Bad Things for the coming year.

I sincerely hope not, but I am not optimistic. Not at all.

Thanks, Howson, for cleaning up MacLean's toxic waste. Welcome, Kekalainen; let's get good things built!
Viqsi is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
04-14-2014, 11:51 AM
Enoch
This is my boomstick

Quote:
Originally Posted by Viqsi View Post
Given that Trotz isn't coaching and so we're headed to the roulette wheel? We could well end up with an all-new, all-different list of Bad Things for the coming year.

I sincerely hope not, but I am not optimistic. Not at all.
It is a tentative position we are in. For better or worse.

04-14-2014, 03:37 PM
Joe T Choker
Roll Wide Roll

Cooper was on Marek vs Wyshynski today to weigh in on Trotz, Weber et al. d/l it, pretty good.

Joe T Choker is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
04-14-2014, 05:43 PM
MoserHockey

Acording to this video: http://video.predators.nhl.com/videocenter/
there will be a Rookie Tournament with the Preds, Boston, Florida and Tampa at the new Ford Ice Rink and the Admirals Training Camp will also be there.

MoserHockey is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
04-14-2014, 05:51 PM
Preds33

I got an email (probably most people here did) from the team regarding today's events. One thing that I wonder is will MDZ be back?

Quote:
We are looking forward to Pekka Rinne returning in September at 100%. We have one of the top young defensive corps in the NHL, anchored by Shea Weber and emerging star Roman Josi and joined by youngsters such as Seth Jones, Mattias Ekholm, Ryan Ellis and Victor Bartley. Our leadership group, including forwards Mike Fisher, Patric Hornqvist, Paul Gaustad and others, showed its true colors down the stretch this season as the team gave everything it had right to the very end. It is my hope that a new voice and direction will drive some of our players who had off-seasons in 2013-14 to productive seasons in 2014-15. There is no doubt that if all of our players play to their potential and our expectations, our team is capable of making the playoffs in 2014-15. That is what excites me and our organization as we look to the coming season, a new and exciting chapter in our history.
Based on this quote it sounds like he will not be returning.

Preds33 is online now   Reply With Quote
Old
04-14-2014, 07:15 PM
PredsV82
Puckaroni and cheese

vCash: 50
Quote:
Originally Posted by Preds33 View Post
I got an email (probably most people here did) from the team regarding today's events. One thing that I wonder is will MDZ be back?

Based on this quote it sounds like he will not be returning.
wow thats just insane if we don't make a qualifying offer or trade his rights….

PredsV82 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
04-15-2014, 06:02 AM
sparkle twin
I luv u summertime

Send a message via ICQ to sparkle twin Send a message via AIM to sparkle twin
Well earlier in the letter Poile talks about the trades he made for younger players and he included MDZ in that part.

sparkle twin is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
04-24-2014, 12:19 PM
Dwio

vCash: 147
Juuse Saros three games in Finland national team. 2 shutouts and one goal behind him. Shutouts against Germany and Slovakia. Only goal behind him went against Latvia. S-% 98.4 and saves 62/63.

Last edited by Dwio: 04-24-2014 at 12:47 PM.
Dwio is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
04-24-2014, 01:30 PM
PredsV82
Puckaroni and cheese

vCash: 50
Quote:
Originally Posted by Dwio View Post
Juuse Saros three games in Finland national team. 2 shutouts and one goal behind him. Shutouts against Germany and Slovakia. Only goal behind him went against Latvia. S-% 98.4 and saves 62/63.
thank you for the information!

PredsV82 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
04-24-2014, 02:46 PM
AdmiralsFan24

Send a message via AIM to AdmiralsFan24
Just going through some old transactions and I'd like to point out that the Anders Lindback trade netted us Aberg, Sissons and Diaby.

AdmiralsFan24 is online now   Reply With Quote
Old
04-24-2014, 02:55 PM
BigFatCat999
I love GoOoOlD

Quote:
Originally Posted by AdmiralsFan24 View Post
Just going through some old transactions and I'd like to point out that the Anders Lindback trade netted us Aberg, Sissons and Diaby.
Now THAT'S a trade.

Backup goalie for a scoring wing (Maybe), 3rd line center (Maybe), and a 3rd pairing defenseman (maybe).

BigFatCat999 is online now   Reply With Quote
Old
04-24-2014, 05:33 PM
dulzhok

Quote:
Originally Posted by BigFatCat999 View Post
Now THAT'S a trade.

Backup goalie for a scoring wing (Maybe), 3rd line center (Maybe), and a 3rd pairing defenseman (maybe).
That's a lot of maybes.

Would be the first time in his career Poile actually drafted a decent forward in the 2nd round. Outside of Adam Hall of course.

dulzhok is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
04-24-2014, 06:04 PM
Nitrous Mafia

Did anyone else see Tootoo on the front page of ****** earlier today? It was the top 'hot' post for a while this morning.

http://www.***********/r/gifs/commen...ng_a_kids_day/

Edit: why does it block the redd.it url?

http://www.red dit.com/r/gifs/comments/23uivs/jordin_tootoo_making_a_kids_day/ (take away the space between the two Ds.)

Nitrous Mafia is offline   Reply With Quote