HFBoards

Go Back   HFBoards > NHL Eastern Conference > Metropolitan Division > Philadelphia Flyers
Mobile Hockey's Future Become a Sponsor Site Rules Support Forum vBookie Page 2
Notices

Philadelphia Flyers 2014 Draft(ees) June 27-28th

Closed Thread

Old
04-22-2014, 10:02 PM
SolidSnakeUS

vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Clown Baby View Post
Ekblad. Without any hesitation.

This defense looks putrid going forward.
Didn't realize that Morin, Hagg, Ghost and Alt are ****** going forward.

Old
04-22-2014, 10:10 PM
orange is better
than other colors...

I take back my position. Florida would laugh in our faces if we tried to trade them Brayden Schenn as a centerpiece for Ekblad.

Old
04-22-2014, 10:12 PM
The Dream
User Registered

Quote:
Originally Posted by orange is better View Post
I take back my position. Florida would laugh in our faces if we tried to trade them Brayden Schenn as a centerpiece for Ekblad.
Brayden?????

Luke is the centerpiece.

Old
04-22-2014, 10:18 PM
orange is better
than other colors...

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tpinheiro4 View Post
Brayden?????

Luke is the centerpiece.

Old
04-22-2014, 10:22 PM
Clown Baby*

Quote:
Originally Posted by SolidSnakeUS View Post
Did you realize that in the last 10 years, the only defenseman still in this league drafted, and developed by the Philadelphia Flyers is Luca Sbisa? (Joni was drafted in 2002, and Seidenberg was drafted in 2001. )

And that we have a 25-year old two-way defenseman making a million dollars riding pine, because Holmgren saw fit to invest over ten million dollars in two bottom-pairing defensemen (Streit and MacDonald... both need to play sheltered minutes to be successful)?

If we go all the way back to 2000, and include both draftees and FA signings, the Flyers have a grand total of 3218 games played by defensemen, split between 14 defensemen.

So, until one of those guys steals a job from our hodgepodge of overpaid underachievers, I'm not counting on them for jack-****.

Old
04-22-2014, 10:26 PM
markzab

Send a message via AIM to markzab
Quote:
Quote:
Did you realize that in the last 10 years, the only defenseman still in this league drafted, and developed by the Philadelphia Flyers is Luca Sbisa? (Joni was drafted in 2002, and Seidenberg was drafted in 2001. )

And that we have a 25-year old two-way defenseman making a million dollars riding pine, because Holmgren saw fit to invest over ten million dollars in two bottom-pairing defensemen (Streit and MacDonald... both need to play sheltered minutes to be successful)?

If we go all the way back to 2000, and include both draftees and FA signings, the Flyers have a grand total of 3218 games played by defensemen, split between 14 defensemen.

So, until one of those guys steals a job from our hodgepodge of overpaid underachievers, I'm not counting on them for jack-****.
That was beautiful. Well done, sir.

Old
04-23-2014, 07:42 AM
Curufinwe

vCash: 50
Quote:

Streit is not a bottom pairing defenseman, or an underachiever. He played all season on the second pairing and was third in ES TOI/G, and finished with 29 ESP (10th best in the NHL among defensemen) and being +3 despite being forced to carry Grossmann's sorry self around most of the time.

MacDonald is not a bottom pairing defenseman. He has led the Flyers in ES TOI/G since he arrived in Philly.

They are both quality second pairing guys.

Old
04-23-2014, 01:09 PM
LegionOfDoom91

Mason MacDonald is having a strong U18 heading into the medal rounds. He's been the top goalie facing a lot of rubber for Canada.

He's probably the third goalie off the board right now but I would like the Flyers to possibly draft him in the second if he's there. He's fits their mold, big & athletic.

---------------

Defensemen Travis Sanheim for Canada is another, big time riser this year but he could possibly find himself sneaking into the first round. He's raw but could have big potential.

He's a lefty but has a good frame (6'3" 190 lbs.) & is a good skater with mobility. He put up good numbers in his first year in the WHL with Calgary this year (67GP 5G 29P).

He didn't appear on Button's lists until January & he started out at #49. He's currently at #32 in Button's March list (that's the last update & he didn't put one out for February).

Last edited by LegionOfDoom91: 04-23-2014 at 04:06 PM.
Old
04-23-2014, 01:10 PM
Roman Reigns

Quote:

You really can't see the difference in potential with Morin, Hagg, and Ghost compared to the likes of Kevin Marshall, Marc Andre Bourdon, and Mike Ratchuk?

Old
04-23-2014, 01:47 PM
Flyotes
JVR is Pigeon Caw!

Pretty big gap.

Old
04-24-2014, 09:36 AM
Prongo
Beer

This Vrana kid is having himself quite a U18 tourny. Close to some records

https://twitter.com/coreypronman/sta...35502462607361

Quote:
Vrana the hero in OT. Now a point back of Gaborik, 2 back of Kovalchuk in the all-time U18s scorers.
Maybe Nitty is scouting him lol.

Could be a second round pick if we get lucky.

04-24-2014, 12:22 PM
LegionOfDoom91

Those hoping Kapanen would drop may get their wish. He just turned in a terrible tournament at the U18's. He entered it arguably the top prospect for 2014 playing in it.

Old
04-24-2014, 01:27 PM
PhilaFlyers

Quote:
Originally Posted by LegionOfDoom91 View Post
Those hoping Kapanen would drop may get their wish. He just turned in a terrible tournament at the U18's. He entered it arguably the top prospect for 2014 playing in it.
Finns got demolished 10-0 by Sweden in the quarterfinals.

USA will play the Swedes in the semis on Saturday. I think the game is at 8 am. All USA games can be streamed on FASTHockey.com.

Old
04-24-2014, 01:38 PM
DrinkFightFlyers
Grave Before Shave

Send a message via AIM to DrinkFightFlyers
Quote:
Ewww then why would we want him? If he can't play well against under 18 year olds in big games, how can we expect him to even reach the NHL?

Old
04-24-2014, 02:34 PM
LegionOfDoom91

Quote:
Defensemen Travis Sanheim for Canada is another, big time riser this year but he could possibly find himself sneaking into the first round. He's raw but could have big potential.

He's a lefty but has a good frame (6'3" 190 lbs.) & is a good skater with mobility. He put up good numbers in his first year in the WHL with Calgary this year (67GP 5G 29P).

He didn't appear on Button's lists until January & he started out at #49. He's currently at #32 in Button's March list (that's the last update & he didn't put one out for February).
Tied for the lead in points with 5 amongst defensemen through 5 games now.

Old
04-24-2014, 04:58 PM
Akanon

Quote:
Originally Posted by King Forsberg View Post
I wouldn't be opposed to using our first on Kevin Fiala. He's got sown very good skill and plays hard.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Vikke View Post
Kevin Fiala would be amazing for us.
He's much better than I thought now that I've seen him play. I would love to get him on our team!

Old
04-24-2014, 06:29 PM
LegionOfDoom91

Quote:
Originally Posted by DrinkFightFlyers View Post
Ewww then why would we want him? If he can't play well against under 18 year olds in big games, how can we expect him to even reach the NHL?
It wasn't good, 2 points (1G & 1A) in 5 games. It wasn't just a lack of production neither, I haven't seen much glowing remarks from posters on here nor on twitter about it.

Nylander on the other hand is tearing it up, 15 points (6G & 9A) in 5 games thus far with at least 1 more game left with the possibility of another. He's leading the tournament in scoring.

Old
04-25-2014, 12:45 AM
Ryker

Draft Fiala!

Old
04-25-2014, 01:00 AM
orange is better
than other colors...

I've yet to see in Kapanen what everyone sees (or wants to see) and it has little to do with his poor performance of late.

I just don't see him being what this team needs, or doesn't already have. He's too small and there will be better options when our pick rolls around.

I'm still holding out hope that one of Perlini, Ritchie or Tuch are on the board when we pick.

There's been more fluctuation in this drafts rankings than I can remember in a while. I've seen Perlini ranked as high as 8 and as low as 21.

Old
04-25-2014, 12:01 PM
BobbyClarkeFan16

Quote:
Originally Posted by orange is better View Post
I've yet to see in Kapanen what everyone sees (or wants to see) and it has little to do with his poor performance of late.

I just don't see him being what this team needs, or doesn't already have. He's too small and there will be better options when our pick rolls around.

I'm still holding out hope that one of Perlini, Ritchie or Tuch are on the board when we pick.

There's been more fluctuation in this drafts rankings than I can remember in a while. I've seen Perlini ranked as high as 8 and as low as 21.
If Perlini drops out of the top 10, then someone will move up to pick him. High end offensive player with a great motor and is becoming more and more comfortable playing in his frame (he's a big dude as well - 6'3, 205 pounds). Add another 10 to 15 pounds of muscle to his frame and he's really going to be one tough SOB to play against.

As for pick number 17, I know people are going to get sick of this, but I'm still holding out hope that it's Roland McKeown they draft. Adding legitimate good young defensemen to the system is never a bad thing.

Old
04-25-2014, 12:02 PM
SolidSnakeUS

I think since he's not going to be a #1 (more than likely, anyways), I still think we should drive for a top 6 sniper.

Old
04-25-2014, 01:53 PM
Psuhockey

Quote:
Originally Posted by BobbyClarkeFan16 View Post
If Perlini drops out of the top 10, then someone will move up to pick him. High end offensive player with a great motor and is becoming more and more comfortable playing in his frame (he's a big dude as well - 6'3, 205 pounds). Add another 10 to 15 pounds of muscle to his frame and he's really going to be one tough SOB to play against.

As for pick number 17, I know people are going to get sick of this, but I'm still holding out hope that it's Roland McKeown they draft. Adding legitimate good young defensemen to the system is never a bad thing.
I like Roland McKeown too but there will be some very skilled wingers available at 17 and forward talents dries up faster than defense. Anthony DeAngelo will probably be there in the 2nd rd when the flyers pick or they could trade up to the top of the 2nd to get one of Glover, Dougherty, Honka or Pettersson from Sweden.

Old
04-25-2014, 01:58 PM
SolidSnakeUS

I still think around 17 we should grab either Kapanen, Pastrnak, or Barbashev before we grab McKeown.

Old
04-25-2014, 02:45 PM
Psuhockey

I bet the 10th overall pick from Anaheim will be in play for a trade. Would it be worth it to get a 2nd 1st rd pick in this draft with the forwards available at 10 and 17? Probably cost B.Schenn and the deal would have to be the 10th plus.

Last edited by Psuhockey: 04-25-2014 at 08:09 PM.
Old
04-25-2014, 03:06 PM
DrinkFightFlyers
Grave Before Shave

Send a message via AIM to DrinkFightFlyers
Quote:
I still think around 17 we should grab either Kapanen, Pastrnak, or Barbashev before we grab McKeown.
I'd take Sonny Milano over all of those guys except Kapanen.

Closed Thread